• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:13
CEST 11:13
KST 18:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5878 users

[DSCL] Dutch StarCraft League 2013 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Deckkie
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1595 Posts
March 09 2012 19:55 GMT
#81
Wow, sounds awesome!
Is there a UVA team? or maybe someone who goes to UVA as well?
Always look on the bright side of life
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 09 2012 20:17 GMT
#82
@halfies: speaking Dutch is not a requirement as far as I'm concerned, but I still wonder. To me it makes sense that only Dutch citizens can participate in the Dutch StarCraft League, otherwise we might as well call it the StarCraft League. Being Dutch is about more than just living in The Netherlands, I guess...

@Deckkie: you should definitely try to get a team from the UvA together
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Pixel.
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands287 Posts
March 09 2012 21:00 GMT
#83
This is so cool, If I still play sc2 I am in ^^
Member of KnightS* www.Ks-gaming.com Pixel.323
Match
Profile Joined January 2011
215 Posts
March 09 2012 21:37 GMT
#84
Is there a way to sign up yet?
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 09 2012 21:57 GMT
#85
Nope, the sign-ups won't open until somewhere in June. Seeing as how the tournament won't start until January (at the earliest) that seems to be fast enough. However, if I get much more of these request I might reconsider
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
March 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#86
On March 10 2012 06:00 Pixel. wrote:
This is so cool, If I still play sc2 I am in ^^

Of course you'll still be playing
Administrator
Elp
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands86 Posts
March 09 2012 22:56 GMT
#87
On March 10 2012 04:55 Deckkie wrote:
Wow, sounds awesome!
Is there a UVA team? or maybe someone who goes to UVA as well?

Yeah, I'm UvA (FEB). But like i said earlier in the thread i won't be a student anymore by 2013, so i dont think i can play in the team league.
Rk0
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands224 Posts
March 09 2012 23:05 GMT
#88
You should talk with the big organisations, maybe they want to help set things up
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 09 2012 23:12 GMT
#89
That's a very good idea. I'll talk to people at WSquared and maybe the HCC (Holland Computer Club) wants to get involved. They might also have some experience with this.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 10 2012 15:13 GMT
#90
This morning while watching the IEM-finals I realized that the players were sitting on stage, without any 'booths' or obscuring elements between them and the casters / audience. They relied on headphones to make sure that the players weren't listening to the cast. So why shouldn't we do that? That would make it a lot easier - we'd need only one camera to film casters, audience and players, plus: the audience would be able to see the players.

Does anyone know what kind of headphones are used for such purposes? I believe the players have in-ear earplugs for their gamesound, and are the large headphones simply sound-blockers like those used in construction?
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Redmori
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6 Posts
March 10 2012 17:33 GMT
#91
I believe they use proffesional helicopter headsets, which will be pretty hard to get hands on I feel.
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 10 2012 17:56 GMT
#92
How about these? Minus 36dB should get us quite far, especially in combination with the gamesound the players will be hearing.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
March 10 2012 19:28 GMT
#93
No, at pro events they use ordinary (high class of course) headsets. Look at the GSL ones, they are not helicopter headsets, they even have the starcraft emblem :p
But they're used to generate a lot of white noise.
So then you have ear - game sounds - white noise - sound block from the headset - audience
That should be enough for our tourney I believe?

Administrator
Winsomniac
Profile Joined February 2012
Netherlands19 Posts
March 10 2012 19:53 GMT
#94
Looks very promising, really looking forward to it.
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 10 2012 19:54 GMT
#95
So we buy decent regular headsets and hook them up to an MP3-player playing white noise? Quite a good idea (thanks GSL )! But I'm really curious as to whether the players are influenced by loud white noise (as opposed to no / less noise)...
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
March 11 2012 12:40 GMT
#96
Yeah we should test that :p
At the real pro events they have another layer, as the players are seated in a soundproof booth as well. So, we should do a test
I have a moderately decent headset, I'll see what happens when I try it at home
Administrator
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 13:04:01
March 11 2012 12:54 GMT
#97
Gonna see if I can get a HvA ICT student team. I'm sure I could convince my classmates to start practicing for this. Good thing this tournament is next year. Haha.

Edit:
I have a question -- Can multiple teams from the same Hogeschool enter? Are there any restrictions? Because I think there's a lot of people who play SC2 at HVA ICT. I don't think I'll be the only one constructing a team if people get wind of this.
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 13:29:12
March 11 2012 13:28 GMT
#98
@Chezus: good questions! That's exactly what this thread is for. What do you think would be a good way to accommodate teams? Should we restrict it to one team per university / school / company? I don't think that would be wise. Rather, I'd say that anyone can form a team and when multiple teams from the same university enroll we should just call them HVA1 & HVA2, for example. Do you agree? But then:

- How big can a team be? This will depend on the way they will compete in the tournament so:
- How will teams compete? Should all players play each other (cumbersome) or do we take a GSL-like approach?
- Can a player be in multiple teams?

@bblack: If you would test it, that would be great!
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
March 11 2012 13:59 GMT
#99
Allright, that was awesome, I felt like a pro :p
Because I couldn't get 3 layers of sound producing equipment with only mini-jack cables I ended up using a far less soundproof headset than are used at real events. Even still, I did get the set-up as it should be: game sounds - white noise - real audio with vocals.
Even with the inferior headset I wasn't able to make out what the guys on the speaker were saying. With a proper headset that should only get better. The only downside is that I could make out the difference between no sound, some sound, and a lot of sound. So if there was a crowd that would go all cheery because (like Idra) my opponent was going hydra nydus all in into my main on Shattered Temple, I (like MC) would certainly suspect something fishy was going on and (like the bosstoss) would scout my main, find the nydus and win the game.

So all in all, I think it should be enough, definitely the pro's outway the con's. But it is not entirely soundproof, although the finalists would never be able to make out what the casters are saying.

Administrator
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 11 2012 15:07 GMT
#100
Great! I agree that the pro's would outweigh the con's. A roaring crowd could be interpreted to mean a lot of things, and in any case a player would really have to act fast.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 208
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1200
Bisu 824
Soma 204
hero 183
HiyA 103
EffOrt 79
Pusan 46
ZerO 38
sorry 35
Killer 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 27
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Rush 5
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
edward38
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft809
crisheroes411
Other Games
gofns32997
olofmeister1098
singsing997
ceh9577
Livibee215
Pyrionflax121
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream556
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• StrangeGG 34
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2365
League of Legends
• Rush1645
• Jankos1350
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
47m
Afreeca Starleague
47m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.