• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:03
CEST 12:03
KST 19:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7572 users

[DSCL] Dutch StarCraft League 2013 - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
karn1
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands75 Posts
March 02 2012 15:10 GMT
#21
This will be great if we can find the sponsors. Perhaps if the Nijmegen league will be a success we'll get some additional attention. I think a national league not linked to universities or colleges would be a good idea!
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 02 2012 15:11 GMT
#22
Everybody chill!

This whole thing started out as a local tournament for people at my 'school'. You know? Small-time. Fun with friends. Soon it became bigger, and while we initially made it national as far as students are concerned people were quite right to point out that there doesn´t seem to be a reason to exclude non-students. It's not like there's a national league already!

So yes: very likely this thing will be an open tournament for ALL Dutch citizens! Just give me like, a day, to buy domain names and think it through.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
seodoth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands319 Posts
March 02 2012 15:15 GMT
#23
@VanCaspel
Awesome, take your time, dont rush it :D
Funq
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands77 Posts
March 02 2012 15:17 GMT
#24
On March 03 2012 00:11 VanCaspel wrote:
Everybody chill!

This whole thing started out as a local tournament for people at my 'school'. You know? Small-time. Fun with friends. Soon it became bigger, and while we initially made it national as far as students are concerned people were quite right to point out that there doesn´t seem to be a reason to exclude non-students. It's not like there's a national league already!

So yes: very likely this thing will be an open tournament for ALL Dutch citizens! Just give me like, a day, to buy domain names and think it through.


Awesome. I approve!
I go to 11
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 02 2012 15:18 GMT
#25
Ok, quick question:

Netherlands StarCraft League (NSL) or Dutch StarCraft League (DSL)? I like NSL better, but don't we run the risk of getting confused with other tournaments?
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
seodoth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands319 Posts
March 02 2012 15:23 GMT
#26
Why not Netherlands League making the accronym NL :D
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 02 2012 15:24 GMT
#27
Haha, nice I think that's too general though, 'StarCraft' should be in there.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
March 02 2012 15:26 GMT
#28
On March 02 2012 23:47 VanCaspel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 23:37 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Apollo and TotalBiscuit may also be pursuaded


We will? This is the first I've heard of it.


I'm sorry to have spoken out of bounds! All I meant is that it's not impossible to reach you, as I've e-mailed with your manager earlier, and she said that she was "certain that you'd be very interested in the event" I'll change it to 'we could try to pursuade Apollo and TotalBiscuit', and of course contact you as early as possible when things like dates become concrete.


Mhm. I won't be available fyi, I'm not taking European bookings for a few months from April since I'm moving to the US
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
March 02 2012 15:31 GMT
#29
On March 03 2012 00:26 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 23:47 VanCaspel wrote:
On March 02 2012 23:37 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Apollo and TotalBiscuit may also be pursuaded


We will? This is the first I've heard of it.


I'm sorry to have spoken out of bounds! All I meant is that it's not impossible to reach you, as I've e-mailed with your manager earlier, and she said that she was "certain that you'd be very interested in the event" I'll change it to 'we could try to pursuade Apollo and TotalBiscuit', and of course contact you as early as possible when things like dates become concrete.


Mhm. I won't be available fyi, I'm not taking European bookings for a few months from April since I'm moving to the US


Yep, Genna told me you wouldn't. But who knows - 2013 may be different
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
mCon_maDe
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands58 Posts
March 02 2012 16:12 GMT
#30
Nice I'd love to compete ^^
kiddow is een irritant kind :D
Riquiz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands402 Posts
March 02 2012 16:16 GMT
#31
Awesome !
I'd love to get in touch with this as soon as I enroll into university next year :o
Caster man does casting on yt/RiquizCasts
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 16:31:28
March 02 2012 16:31 GMT
#32
I´ve put a notification in the topic start - next week we'll decide on the name for the tournament and I'll update the topic start. Until then feel free to discuss anything!

My girlfriend's flying over to visit me in Scotland for the next few days, so I might not respond as often as usual
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
March 02 2012 16:48 GMT
#33
I suggest naming it the "Nether Region Starcraft League"

Good luck with it !
conquerchimp
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands64 Posts
March 02 2012 16:51 GMT
#34
now that they changed the rules to all dutch citizens, im already preparing builds in online tournaments with teammates, really looking forward to it especially if totalbiscuit and apollo will be able to cast and who knows who will stand in the finals and suddenly has a big name in Esports. whoooo knows
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
March 02 2012 17:03 GMT
#35
This does indeed seem to attract a lot of positive attention in very short time. I suggest that after while focussing on the NSSL we could take note of things to keep or change for the coming national event

The main challenge will be a financial one I guess. Making it that large requires decent amounts of moneyz to get decent casters and a venue and all. Maybe it's smart to combine the live finals with a big LAN event, like most large tourneys do? Would require a lot more planning though, but seems feasible to me?

Administrator
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 17:20:26
March 02 2012 17:17 GMT
#36
I am subscribed to the current Nijmegen League, and look forward to a national league!

I voted for Dutch SC League, as it sounds better. Abbreviated, I would go for DS2L or DSCL, because those abbreviations are more unique (which is handy for twitter hashtags etc.).

If money becomes a problem, you could opt for a full online league. No venue, amateur casters for just the topX. Yes it would reduce the amount of coolness, but IMO getting things on track seems more important than fluffying it up.
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
Liveon
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Netherlands1083 Posts
March 02 2012 17:33 GMT
#37
On March 03 2012 02:03 bblack wrote:
This does indeed seem to attract a lot of positive attention in very short time. I suggest that after while focussing on the NSSL we could take note of things to keep or change for the coming national event

The main challenge will be a financial one I guess. Making it that large requires decent amounts of moneyz to get decent casters and a venue and all. Maybe it's smart to combine the live finals with a big LAN event, like most large tourneys do? Would require a lot more planning though, but seems feasible to me?



I don't think it's doable to create something as DreamHack from scratch. It'd be better to make it an online tournament with offline semi's/finals or something like that. It's easy to think of a lot of things to make it better, but actually planning it will be a lot harder.

I think that the best thing to do is to make a solid plan as far as possible. It's very hard to estimate how many people will come and because of that it's hard to convince companies to give us money. If we can create a solid plan that we can present to enough companies, I'm sure that there are some companies that are interested
Hearthstone manager ECVisualize, Head Admin DSCL
conquerchimp
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands64 Posts
March 02 2012 17:55 GMT
#38
Aslong as ret and grubby don't enter im oke héhé seems like it would have been a grubby-ret finals otherwise
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
March 02 2012 18:05 GMT
#39
On March 03 2012 02:33 Liveon wrote:I don't think it's doable to create something as DreamHack from scratch. It'd be better to make it an online tournament with offline semi's/finals or something like that. It's easy to think of a lot of things to make it better, but actually planning it will be a lot harder.


I agree, start small, improve, then get big. Start big and you'll both have beginners problems and insane expectations (think NASL S1 finals).
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
Bolino
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands16 Posts
March 02 2012 18:13 GMT
#40
One could argue that 'Netherlands Starcraft League' is not a good name because the denonym for The Netherlands is 'Dutch'. However, in most official documents and institutions, the world 'Dutch' is replaced with the word 'Netherlands' to avoid confusion. The word 'Netherlands' in this sense is a proper adjective by analogy to the same adjective in Dutch (Nederlands).

I'd say 'Netherlands Starcraft League' is the best choice. You could abbreviate it as 'NLSL'
Fac Sapias et Liber Eris
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 4220
StarCastTV_EN47
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2898
actioN 1183
Jaedong 835
Soma 797
EffOrt 670
Horang2 455
BeSt 298
Killer 272
Pusan 217
Stork 147
[ Show more ]
soO 115
ZerO 101
hero 87
Zeus 74
Rush 67
HiyA 66
Shinee 38
Bale 29
Mong 29
Sharp 28
sorry 26
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 12
Sexy 11
Noble 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2064
XaKoH 279
Counter-Strike
edward64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes882
WinterStarcraft816
Other Games
gofns55273
singsing1267
olofmeister1242
ceh9567
Livibee206
Pyrionflax109
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick583
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream418
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• StrangeGG 44
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• iopq 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Jankos1576
• Rush1394
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.