• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:10
CEST 06:10
KST 13:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8320 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Grand Finals - Page 13

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 287 Next
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 28 2012 02:35 GMT
#241
On February 28 2012 11:35 lichter wrote:
Goddammit why did I press the hype spoiler


AHAHAHAHAHA
moo...for DRG
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
February 28 2012 02:37 GMT
#242
On February 28 2012 11:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 11:21 babylon wrote:
On February 28 2012 10:56 neoghaleon55 wrote:
oh well,
can't win them all.
I still think that banner is horribly biased.
poor DRG, TL.net LR hates him.

It has nothing to do with being "biased" or "hating DRG" or anything. It has all to do with the fact that Vekalisk's banner is well-made, smooth, and nicely composed and balanced compared to most of the other LR banners I've seen. It's the type of banner that I can sit down and say, "Oh, well, this guy definitely knows what he's doing with a photomanipulation program." It's not particularly the type of banner that "fits" the GSL finals, IMO -- it could do with more "energy," which is something that one might strive for when making a banner for an event like this -- but it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye and definitely looks more professional than most fan-made LR banners.



I don't think you understand the original complaint about that banner.
It is a very nice banner.
BUT the picture of DRG looking like he's defeated in contrast to Genius looking like he's in control is biased and should be changed.

Your complaint that it's biased needs to be weighed against its prettiness. As you say, it's a very well-made banner even though you perceive it to be biased. (I don't. I'm pretty sure Vekalisk just sifted through pictures that looked like they'd go well together when put into a banner and balance each other out nicely.) Anyways, even if you think it's biased, the problem is that the other banners that have been proposed are simply not as well-made.

Vekalisk already said if he has the time, he'll modify it, but he's not obligated to change it if he doesn't want to or can't find the time, in which case, it's someone else's job to make another better-looking ("unbiased") banner.
joocybaneling
Profile Joined January 2012
67 Posts
February 28 2012 02:45 GMT
#243
well I dono bout u guys but the here is what I envisioned from the banner

Genius thumbs down the camera.....behind a depressed DRG.....

pay attention to their position relative to one another

Genius is BEHIND DRG

think about it


oh god the horror!



oh wait

/fan fic
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 28 2012 02:53 GMT
#244
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 02:54:17
February 28 2012 02:54 GMT
#245
Your complaint that it's biased needs to be weighed against its prettiness


LOL
That's such a shallow remark.

Propaganda posters can be pretty, too!
No matter how pretty kim jong ill's posters are, they can still bring a bad message!

This is the finals, both sides need to be hyped up equally, which includes the freaking banner.
Nobody's going to be hyped about it when the poster shows one side clearly having the upper hand.
And it's unfair for the players as well.
moo...for DRG
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 28 2012 02:57 GMT
#246
On February 28 2012 11:53 lichter wrote:
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.



Thanks for being honest.
moo...for DRG
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
February 28 2012 03:00 GMT
#247
On February 28 2012 11:53 lichter wrote:
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.


you just have to think of it as Genius being bm and overconfident and DRG being quietly contemplative if you are a DRG fan
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 28 2012 03:00 GMT
#248
On February 28 2012 11:57 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 11:53 lichter wrote:
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.



Thanks for being honest.


I think you are insane 100% of the time and I regret ever having to agree with you because of those nightmarish Genius+DRG fantasy porno 'shops T_T
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 28 2012 03:01 GMT
#249
On February 28 2012 12:00 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 11:53 lichter wrote:
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.


you just have to think of it as Genius being bm and overconfident and DRG being quietly contemplative if you are a DRG fan



forget that, that's like accepting inequality by rationalizing to yourself that it's ok.
IT IS NOT
moo...for DRG
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 28 2012 03:01 GMT
#250
On February 28 2012 12:00 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 11:53 lichter wrote:
So I was thinking all this "omg banner bias" was insane, but I took another look at the banner and I regrettably agree to some extent. Genius does look victorious and DRG seeming rather despondent beside the thumbs down. If I had no idea that the matches were still unplayed I'd think Genius had won. Not that I think it should be changed though; it is an excellent banner.


you just have to think of it as Genius being bm and overconfident and DRG being quietly contemplative if you are a DRG fan


I am not a fan of either of them though, that's why I'm not calling for a change even though I understand the point of view that it is biased :p
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
February 28 2012 03:08 GMT
#251
On February 28 2012 11:54 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
Your complaint that it's biased needs to be weighed against its prettiness


LOL
That's such a shallow remark.

Propaganda posters can be pretty, too!
No matter how pretty kim jong ill's posters are, they can still bring a bad message!

This is the finals, both sides need to be hyped up equally, which includes the freaking banner.
Nobody's going to be hyped about it when the poster shows one side clearly having the upper hand.
And it's unfair for the players as well.

I sincerely doubt that the hype for a GSL final will be destroyed or made by a banner. Hype for GSL games has, for instance, never been destroyed by badly-made banners (of which there have been many) or by the lack of banners, and having a nice-looking banner is leagues better than having a badly-made banner or having no banner at all.

Can't believe you also compared propaganda posters, which are created specifically to convey certain messages to an audience and made by professional artists/designers, to a fan-made banner whose sole purpose is to look nice at the top of a LR page.
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 03:16:59
February 28 2012 03:10 GMT
#252
Well, I say we keep that banner because it's very high quality and echoes Genius with his bad-boy attitude and DRG with his determined to win attitude.

*Goes back to GIMP* (To make more hype stuff)

EDIT: Until a better one comes along. Also there's no need for perfect political correctness. BW threads have bi-est banners all the time and they seem happy to just laugh it off. Chill guys.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 28 2012 03:11 GMT
#253
On February 28 2012 12:08 babylon wrote:

Can't believe you also compared propaganda posters, which are created specifically to convey certain messages to an audience and made by professional artists/designers, to a fan-made banner whose sole purpose is to look nice at the top of a LR page.



Whether the author intended it or not, the banner does send a subliminal message that one player is better than the other.
You might want to read up on this.

http://tribes.tribe.net/e388baea-51eb-417f-9390-06fe37f92e41/thread/57cf1caa-84f0-4bc9-93ba-98bf85014733

So yes, the banner is very close to propaganda, intentional or not.
moo...for DRG
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
February 28 2012 04:17 GMT
#254
On February 28 2012 11:37 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 11:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On February 28 2012 11:21 babylon wrote:
On February 28 2012 10:56 neoghaleon55 wrote:
oh well,
can't win them all.
I still think that banner is horribly biased.
poor DRG, TL.net LR hates him.

It has nothing to do with being "biased" or "hating DRG" or anything. It has all to do with the fact that Vekalisk's banner is well-made, smooth, and nicely composed and balanced compared to most of the other LR banners I've seen. It's the type of banner that I can sit down and say, "Oh, well, this guy definitely knows what he's doing with a photomanipulation program." It's not particularly the type of banner that "fits" the GSL finals, IMO -- it could do with more "energy," which is something that one might strive for when making a banner for an event like this -- but it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye and definitely looks more professional than most fan-made LR banners.



I don't think you understand the original complaint about that banner.
It is a very nice banner.
BUT the picture of DRG looking like he's defeated in contrast to Genius looking like he's in control is biased and should be changed.

Your complaint that it's biased needs to be weighed against its prettiness. As you say, it's a very well-made banner even though you perceive it to be biased. (I don't. I'm pretty sure Vekalisk just sifted through pictures that looked like they'd go well together when put into a banner and balance each other out nicely.) Anyways, even if you think it's biased, the problem is that the other banners that have been proposed are simply not as well-made.

Vekalisk already said if he has the time, he'll modify it, but he's not obligated to change it if he doesn't want to or can't find the time, in which case, it's someone else's job to make another better-looking ("unbiased") banner.


... what is your problem babylon you can't you just grasp the fact that he thinks it's biased... you keep bringing in the looks, he said looks nice, why do you keep harping at him about that. He just didn't like that Genius is dominate with a thumbs up and DRG is looking down and ignoring the viewer. We can all agree the banner looks really good, it just doesn't give that hype edge I want (I personally like the whole UFC type banner with the two fighters facing each other fist raised, more than this)
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 04:28:42
February 28 2012 04:28 GMT
#255
Genius for Aiur Prime Minister

hehe APM

4-0 CLEAN SWEEP LETS GO
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
FortyOzs
Profile Joined February 2011
189 Posts
February 28 2012 04:33 GMT
#256
People are really complaining about the banner? It looks like DRG is looking at a comp screen and overall its nicely done, what is up your ass
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
February 28 2012 04:35 GMT
#257
I love the banner. Just sayin'.

And making the thread a week earlier was a great move, imo. I tend to forget when GSL stuff is until it's happening, so having this up early keeps it in mind and gets me more hyped for it.
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 28 2012 04:40 GMT
#258
On February 28 2012 13:28 Juliette wrote:
Genius for Aiur Prime Minister

hehe APM

4-0 CLEAN SWEEP LETS GO


If MC is Obamatoss is Genius... Santorumtoss? Ronpaultoss? Romneytoss? I have no idea about US politics but Ronpaultoss sounds hilarious
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
February 28 2012 04:49 GMT
#259
Genius gonna take it EZPZ
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
February 28 2012 04:56 GMT
#260
On February 28 2012 13:40 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 13:28 Juliette wrote:
Genius for Aiur Prime Minister

hehe APM

4-0 CLEAN SWEEP LETS GO


If MC is Obamatoss is Genius... Santorumtoss? Ronpaultoss? Romneytoss? I have no idea about US politics but Ronpaultoss sounds hilarious

romneytoss feels the best to say but ronpaultoss is the funniest

republitoss?
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 287 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 614
Larva 192
Leta 66
NaDa 57
TT1 17
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm228
League of Legends
JimRising 715
Other Games
summit1g10879
WinterStarcraft464
Mew2King106
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1414
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Rush1053
• Lourlo813
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 50m
INu's Battles
7h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 50m
Replay Cast
18h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.