• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:10
CEST 00:10
KST 07:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6361 users

[NASTL] EG vs REIGN - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 01:50:19
February 16 2012 01:50 GMT
#21
Axslav versus IdrA interesting, I wonder if we are going to see some mind games. I think it will go to Acematch, and if EG sends out PuMa as ace I think they can take it.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
February 16 2012 01:52 GMT
#22
On February 16 2012 09:29 KvltMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 09:29 TehTemplar wrote:
Cmon Idra, don't lose another ZvP...
EG 3-1 if Idra loses.
2-3 if he doesn't

Like... No offence, but are Artist/Inori on the level of JYP and PuMa?

Probably not artist but however artist is terran and this is JYP we're talking about here. I think that if Kiwikaki can beat Demuslim reign should be able to take it to an ace game but if demuslim beats kiwikaki then I say 3-1 EG.
Glorious SEA doto
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
February 16 2012 04:11 GMT
#23
3-0 Reign
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
February 16 2012 04:13 GMT
#24
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Hatorade
Profile Joined July 2010
299 Posts
February 16 2012 04:18 GMT
#25
I think EG got the better end of the lineups but they could go either way, hoping for REIGN to pull it out though.
ravenKRaz
Profile Joined March 2011
United States580 Posts
February 16 2012 04:28 GMT
#26
On February 16 2012 13:13 1Eris1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.

because he's good?
EG wins 3-1 imo
DarkneSS.1360
Dzerzhinsky
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland327 Posts
February 16 2012 04:36 GMT
#27
On February 16 2012 13:13 1Eris1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.

Mainly I was looking at the map stats and thinking 'they probably wouldn't play a Terran here', leaving ZvP or PvP as the options, and Idra is the only Zerg. But I agree that he is pretty unlikely.
"All science would be superfluous if the outward appearance and the essence of things coincided directly."
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
February 16 2012 04:39 GMT
#28
On February 16 2012 13:28 ravenKRaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 13:13 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.

because he's good?
EG wins 3-1 imo



You must have missed his recent preformances. And the list of his teammates.


Mainly I was looking at the map stats and thinking 'they probably wouldn't play a Terran here', leaving ZvP or PvP as the options, and Idra is the only Zerg. But I agree that he is pretty unlikely.


Mmm, fair enough. Inori's PvP is actually considerably overrated when you look at the numbers, and JYP's is pretty solid. I think he'll be the logical choice.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 16 2012 04:51 GMT
#29
I would say Idra is favored against Axslav, and Demuslim and Kiwikaki can go either way, but JYP is going in by far his worst matchup against Terran. It could literally go either way here.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Leifish
Profile Joined July 2011
851 Posts
February 16 2012 04:54 GMT
#30
EG 0-4

Perfect results.
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
February 16 2012 04:58 GMT
#31
EG really should not be 0-4.

They're gonna win this one, though.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 16 2012 05:37 GMT
#32
Demu > Kiwi
IdrA < Axslav
JYP < Artist
Puma > Inori

ACE: Puma < Artist

RGN 3-2
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
magicallypuzzled
Profile Joined June 2011
United States588 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 05:44:30
February 16 2012 05:43 GMT
#33
dang blast i have been wanting a inori vs jyp match ever since i learned jyp was considered an ace at pvp who doesn't want to witness two pvp snipers/aces going at it?

as it stands jyp vs artist should be really interesting as well as puma vs inori.

kiwikaki should be able to take demuslim but it's definetely close enough to go either way.

and i can't even begin to say how much i'd love for axslav to crush idra

is depressed
Mycl
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1370 Posts
February 16 2012 05:44 GMT
#34
EG 3-1 with Demu dropping the only game for EG
Tivu
Profile Joined February 2012
United States244 Posts
February 16 2012 05:44 GMT
#35
IdrA vs Axslav is gonna be an interesting match. I like both teams but if I had to pick one...hmm, I guess I would have to go with EG to win.
Farone
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
February 16 2012 05:59 GMT
#36
On February 16 2012 13:28 ravenKRaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 13:13 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.

because he's good?
EG wins 3-1 imo


when is the last time he won any match?
MC, Stephano, Ret, Jjakji, Grubby, Life, HerO, Scarlett, TaeJa
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
February 16 2012 06:01 GMT
#37
Ace: Axslav wins! Would be funny
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 16 2012 06:06 GMT
#38
On February 16 2012 14:59 Farone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 13:28 ravenKRaz wrote:
On February 16 2012 13:13 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 16 2012 10:47 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
Demuslim vs Kiwi, a lot of Protoss seem to like Shattered, and I think Demuslim's TvP is a little shakey, so I'll give it to Kiwi.
Idra vs Axslav, the instinct is to say Idra, but on a map that Protoss does well on, with Idra's predictability (and determination to just go Roach/Hydra every game), and with Axslav knowing him as well as anyone, I'll give it to Axslav.
JYP vs Artist, both have around the same winrate in the match-up, but I'd consider JYP the more accomplished player and Protoss seems to be doing well on the map, so I'll give it to JYP.
Puma vs Inori, so... a TvP... Puma?

Ace Match: There's a good chance of it being a ZvP or a PvP, with Idra being awful ZvP and Inori being amazing PvP, so Reign wins 3-2.

There, I've called it. You can all stop speculating.



Why the hell would EG play IdrA in their ace match? Otherwise I agree.

because he's good?
EG wins 3-1 imo


when is the last time he won any match?


Idra has terrible mental strength and is currently slumping, but you cannot deny that his mechanics and gameplay fundamentals are solid. He did not win IEM China or ASUS ROG by luck.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Brootalbro
Profile Joined February 2012
Korea (South)105 Posts
February 16 2012 06:11 GMT
#39
IdrA should know Axslav's style and crush him. As for the other matches... coin toss
If I tell you the truth you'll vie for a lie. If I spilt my guts, it would make a mess we can't clean up. Say you'll never leave me 'cause I need you so much. I can't live with myself so stay with me tonight.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
February 16 2012 06:11 GMT
#40
EG should have this, but Axslav team revenge! ^^
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 116
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
firebathero 89
910 40
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm98
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0184
PPMD45
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9404
Liquid`Hasu1627
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g7558
Liquid`RaSZi4597
shahzam585
JimRising 273
B2W.Neo202
Pyrionflax180
KnowMe118
ArmadaUGS98
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1072
Other Games
• imaqtpie1128
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.