• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8706 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Grand Finals - Page 489

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 487 488 489 490 491 495 Next
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 18 2011 02:28 GMT
#9761
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
December 18 2011 02:29 GMT
#9762
On December 18 2011 11:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!

MKP Nestea Open Season 2. Although not quite as epic.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
December 18 2011 02:30 GMT
#9763
On December 18 2011 10:38 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Holy fuck 570 votes for the last game?

Anyways maybe i was tired or what but... compared to Jjakji vs leenock, the strategy and all that, at least that of what I could see, was not as epic/smart. The first 3 wins of DRG are highly rated, but I don't remember them to be that entertaining. DRG sort of just stomped MMA. Maybe that's why they're recommended? And the fact that DRG was down 0-3. So basically the ratings take into account the other details of the entire series, instead of just that one set? I think this shouldn't happen but I guess it's inevitable.

The 3rd win of DRG is so highly rated. Why? It was just the same push, and he stomped MMA o.o Only reason I can think of is because DRG has tied up the series.

The last game was very close, and wtf so many votes xD. I liked the back and forth fighting, it was like BW style fighting (except in BW they have bigger armies like closer to 200 food not only like 140 right?). What I was afraid of was that they split the map in two and then boring turtling occurs, where the Z tries to break T (MVP vs Nestea... so boring xD).

Once again honestly I felt the play from jjakji vs leenock was much more epic and advanced (? im no progamer). Perhaps it is just that both of their abilities and styles mixed well together, so that the games were very entertaining, but that their "skill" might be worse than DRG and MMA? The last game was close and epic but I didn't find it as entertaining, I don't think. Jjakji vs leenock had a lot of interesting sets, like base race with burrowed banelings and landing buildings to avoid them, etc. etc.

Smart build orders are what made the first six games seem worse. They just countered eachother so well
BirdKiller
Profile Joined January 2011
United States428 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 02:34:01
December 18 2011 02:31 GMT
#9764
On December 18 2011 11:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!


First GOM tournament to reach 7 sets since GSL Open Season 2 which happened last year. That's not counting GSL's Code A finals however, but those didn't have the production / investment as that of Open Season / Code S / Special tournaments.

Point being, GomTV and GSL finally had a finals they wished for since the beginning of this year, maybe even more than they hoped for.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 02:38:01
December 18 2011 02:37 GMT
#9765
On December 18 2011 11:29 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!

MKP Nestea Open Season 2. Although not quite as epic.


Oh yea i forgot ^^


On December 18 2011 11:31 BirdKiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!


First GOM tournament to reach 7 sets since GSL Open Season 2 which happened last year. That's not counting GSL's Code A finals however, but those didn't have the production / investment as that of Open Season / Code S / Special tournaments.

Point being, GomTV and GSL finally had a finals they wished for since the beginning of this year, maybe even more than they hoped for.


Ah kk thx


On December 18 2011 11:30 mrtomjones wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 10:38 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Holy fuck 570 votes for the last game?

Anyways maybe i was tired or what but... compared to Jjakji vs leenock, the strategy and all that, at least that of what I could see, was not as epic/smart. The first 3 wins of DRG are highly rated, but I don't remember them to be that entertaining. DRG sort of just stomped MMA. Maybe that's why they're recommended? And the fact that DRG was down 0-3. So basically the ratings take into account the other details of the entire series, instead of just that one set? I think this shouldn't happen but I guess it's inevitable.

The 3rd win of DRG is so highly rated. Why? It was just the same push, and he stomped MMA o.o Only reason I can think of is because DRG has tied up the series.

The last game was very close, and wtf so many votes xD. I liked the back and forth fighting, it was like BW style fighting (except in BW they have bigger armies like closer to 200 food not only like 140 right?). What I was afraid of was that they split the map in two and then boring turtling occurs, where the Z tries to break T (MVP vs Nestea... so boring xD).

Once again honestly I felt the play from jjakji vs leenock was much more epic and advanced (? im no progamer). Perhaps it is just that both of their abilities and styles mixed well together, so that the games were very entertaining, but that their "skill" might be worse than DRG and MMA? The last game was close and epic but I didn't find it as entertaining, I don't think. Jjakji vs leenock had a lot of interesting sets, like base race with burrowed banelings and landing buildings to avoid them, etc. etc.

Smart build orders are what made the first six games seem worse. They just countered eachother so well


Yeah but that's 1 sided then, instead of both being smart like jjakji vs leenock =/ well jjakji won a couple games with pushes that leenock wasn't ready for (or was it 3? i forget) but MMA vs DRG only had 1 close game (7th set, arguably the 2nd set too) while jjakji vs leenock had like 3 or 4 close, long games.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
mcgriffin
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada81 Posts
December 18 2011 02:37 GMT
#9766
Finally had the time to watch the whole series. What a treat!

Can't help but notice the special shoutout of CoCa from MMA at the end. Is it the signal that CoCa is coming back to the SlayerS A-team again?
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 18 2011 02:38 GMT
#9767
On December 18 2011 11:37 mcgriffin wrote:
Finally had the time to watch the whole series. What a treat!

Can't help but notice the special shoutout of CoCa from MMA at the end. Is it the signal that CoCa is coming back to the SlayerS A-team again?


Didn't notice o.o I think it's too unrelated to say but perhaps MMA wants to restore some of his dignity
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
akalarry
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1978 Posts
December 18 2011 02:40 GMT
#9768
the last game definitely reminded me of bw. just the pace and the back and foward constant action going on. not your typical deathball fight.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 18 2011 02:41 GMT
#9769
On December 18 2011 11:40 akalarry wrote:
the last game definitely reminded me of bw. just the pace and the back and foward constant action going on. not your typical deathball fight.


yes I LOVED that and i was surprised to see taht on shakuras, usually they just split the map then it's boring xD but that was intense back and forth through the middle!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
helvete
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden276 Posts
December 18 2011 02:52 GMT
#9770
I'm drunk and that was holy shit what amazing games! lst game was like old school bw icrwedibleeand shit. Do you geet banned for drunken posting+? I CANNOT CARE! Great games. grreat last game. hehehh my gf was doing drama shit but I could not be bothered! I could nOT! SHE¤ KILLS ESPORTS and that
s bad.
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
December 18 2011 02:56 GMT
#9771
This sucks so much for me, I got through 2 games and then I just lost concentration and opened reddit and on my frontpage it spoiled the winner for me. I'm just about to watch game 7 now and if I didn't know who won it would be so sick. No one to blame but myself, damn it
helvete
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden276 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 03:00:12
December 18 2011 02:59 GMT
#9772
edit: fucked post pls remove. it's not my fault. no!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 03:39:55
December 18 2011 03:09 GMT
#9773
On December 18 2011 11:56 Scrandom wrote:
This sucks so much for me, I got through 2 games and then I just lost concentration and opened reddit and on my frontpage it spoiled the winner for me. I'm just about to watch game 7 now and if I didn't know who won it would be so sick. No one to blame but myself, damn it


aw that sucks

Hopefully you won't mess up and spoil yourself next time!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
December 18 2011 03:15 GMT
#9774
On December 18 2011 10:01 Mondeezy wrote:
The epicness of that series sealed my decision to purchase a yearly pass for 2012.


Yes. Oh yes.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 03:32:43
December 18 2011 03:29 GMT
#9775
On December 18 2011 12:09 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:56 Scrandom wrote:
This sucks so much for me, I got through 2 games and then I just lost concentration and opened reddit and on my frontpage it spoiled the winner for me. I'm just about to watch game 7 now and if I didn't know who won it would be so sick. No one to blame but myself, damn it


aw that sucks

Hopefully you won't mess up and spoil yourself next time!


Ya, I always try my best not too, usually lose my concentration in between games lol.



Awesome finals, the award ceremony was really cool, huge props to Jay for doing the translations. John was dressed pretty awesome and I'm really happy Tastosis actually dressed up and didn't just wear a t-shirt under a blazer. I also can't believe MC didn't win the best ceremony award, haven't seen Ace in months. As for the actual games I wanted to type out what I thought about all the games but they were just too crazy, a must watch series so much going on, so many different strategies just an awesome end to the year for the GSL. Game 3 was probably the only game that might not be worth watching, every other game 100% awesome must watch.

Oh ya and game 7 holyyyyyyyyyyy crapppppppp
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
December 18 2011 03:31 GMT
#9776
On December 18 2011 07:30 Accidentus wrote:
I want all the broodwar elitists to watch that series and tell me it wasn't AMAZING.


They will, even if it's not true. That's their thing.

But again, that series was fun.

I like the fact that Tastosis never lost hope that DRG could actually come back, even at the worst times of game 4. I like them a little more for that, although the comeback was thwarted.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 18 2011 03:40 GMT
#9777
On December 18 2011 12:29 Scrandom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 12:09 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On December 18 2011 11:56 Scrandom wrote:
This sucks so much for me, I got through 2 games and then I just lost concentration and opened reddit and on my frontpage it spoiled the winner for me. I'm just about to watch game 7 now and if I didn't know who won it would be so sick. No one to blame but myself, damn it


aw that sucks

Hopefully you won't mess up and spoil yourself next time!


Ya, I always try my best not too, usually lose my concentration in between games lol.



Awesome finals, the award ceremony was really cool, huge props to Jay for doing the translations. John was dressed pretty awesome and I'm really happy Tastosis actually dressed up and didn't just wear a t-shirt under a blazer. I also can't believe MC didn't win the best ceremony award, haven't seen Ace in months. As for the actual games I wanted to type out what I thought about all the games but they were just too crazy, a must watch series so much going on, so many different strategies just an awesome end to the year for the GSL. Game 3 was probably the only game that might not be worth watching, every other game 100% awesome must watch.

Oh ya and game 7 holyyyyyyyyyyy crapppppppp


MC didn't win =O wow xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 03:44:30
December 18 2011 03:43 GMT
#9778
I'm confused about the awards ceremony...before it said it would announce best of each race, etc. I don't remember a "most improved" category either...wtf?
Greem
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
730 Posts
December 18 2011 03:45 GMT
#9779
This is trully was the final of the year for me like for many others. For me its been a year of Dominating Terrans, Zerg trying to rise and Protoss catching what they can in between. So ye, freaking awesome series and nice play from both players.
youtube.com/N0rthernL1ght
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
December 18 2011 03:49 GMT
#9780
Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

That last game. That last game man. I spoiled the results for me this morning. I already knew who won, I already knew that the last game was epic. But literally nothing in my life could have prepared me for how awesome that game was.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Prev 1 487 488 489 490 491 495 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 253
NeuroSwarm 163
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 228
hero 57
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1072
League of Legends
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
taco 443
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King188
hungrybox116
Other Games
summit1g9449
Maynarde203
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick433
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• practicex 17
• Berry_CruncH12
• Letter147
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1074
• Rush909
• Stunt151
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 4m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.