• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9743 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Grand Finals - Page 490

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 488 489 490 491 492 495 Next
Freeheals
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 04:39:39
December 18 2011 04:33 GMT
#9781
If any of ya'll exited the stream early, they played an english gomtv song and a recap of the year which was definitely pretty cool

how can anyone boycott gom after that?!? come on guys!!! xP
http://www.last.fm/user/Rahdek
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 05:01:24
December 18 2011 04:59 GMT
#9782
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
nick1689
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia494 Posts
December 18 2011 05:09 GMT
#9783
Shiiiiit, am i going to have to guy a ticket just to watch this series?
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
December 18 2011 05:34 GMT
#9784
On December 18 2011 13:59 sjschmidt93 wrote:
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better


I am sad, as I have never thought to abuse it before...

GG MMA.... great job, great final XD
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
December 18 2011 05:36 GMT
#9785
On December 18 2011 12:29 Scrandom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 12:09 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On December 18 2011 11:56 Scrandom wrote:
This sucks so much for me, I got through 2 games and then I just lost concentration and opened reddit and on my frontpage it spoiled the winner for me. I'm just about to watch game 7 now and if I didn't know who won it would be so sick. No one to blame but myself, damn it


aw that sucks

Hopefully you won't mess up and spoil yourself next time!

I also can't believe MC didn't win the best ceremony award, haven't seen Ace in months.


Gotta agree with this, MC not winning and MKP not even getting nominated was crazy. I thought it was pretty funny MC called them out on it too.
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
December 18 2011 05:37 GMT
#9786
On December 18 2011 13:59 sjschmidt93 wrote:
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better


I know I've seen this done before... I think Bomber at MLG? Anyway I've never seen it done to that extent, very impressive since it seemed DRG made a broodlord switch at one point just to kill those stupid siege tanks on the high ground.
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
December 18 2011 06:24 GMT
#9787
That was a great finals, I knew the result already but I still thought DRG was going to pull it off. Great end to the year. DRG GSL champion next year for sure.
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
December 18 2011 06:37 GMT
#9788
Just finished watching the VoDs now. Wow, what a great last game. ^^

Congrats to MMA!
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
December 18 2011 06:47 GMT
#9789
most amazing finals

most amazing GAMEEEEEEEE EVERRRRRRRRRRr
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
December 18 2011 06:55 GMT
#9790
On December 18 2011 14:37 diophan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 13:59 sjschmidt93 wrote:
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better


I know I've seen this done before... I think Bomber at MLG? Anyway I've never seen it done to that extent, very impressive since it seemed DRG made a broodlord switch at one point just to kill those stupid siege tanks on the high ground.



no mc puma was NOT better. this is DEFINITELY the best series ever, and the last game was the BEST starcraft 2 match ever.
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
December 18 2011 07:18 GMT
#9791
I didn't even watch a single second of the games, but just reading the LR I was literally :O at the end...
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
brrip
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom211 Posts
December 18 2011 07:38 GMT
#9792
On December 18 2011 14:09 nick1689 wrote:
Shiiiiit, am i going to have to guy a ticket just to watch this series?


actually to be fair, only that last game will be worth it. but yeah man, buy it if you haven't watched the other matches in the tournament. so much controversy, and matchups I usually try to imagine in my head brought to life.
Celimas
Profile Joined December 2010
United States75 Posts
December 18 2011 09:04 GMT
#9793
Gom just earned my year long ticket for next year, even with just game 7 of that set.

btw, that song at the end in english about tastosis and the GSL is herehttp://losingface.bandcamp.com/track/gsl-anthem and i highly recommend buying it because they mix my favorite things: punk rock anthems and SC2
Fitzyhere | Catz | Stephano -- Foreign zergs fighting!!
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 09:40:20
December 18 2011 09:10 GMT
#9794
If I buy the $10 season ticket that's on the site now, will I be able to see the blizzardcup VODs? Will I be able to see other VODs? S1 2012, or GSL November 2011? Thanks!
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
December 18 2011 09:24 GMT
#9795
On December 18 2011 18:04 Celimas wrote:
Gom just earned my year long ticket for next year, even with just game 7 of that set.

btw, that song at the end in english about tastosis and the GSL is herehttp://losingface.bandcamp.com/track/gsl-anthem and i highly recommend buying it because they mix my favorite things: punk rock anthems and SC2

Here's it with the actual video too:


I think GSL November + Blizzard Cup truly showed the future of korean starcraft and it sure is looking bright. If u love starcraft u should buy a GSL ticket for next year.
Elurie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
4716 Posts
December 18 2011 10:09 GMT
#9796
On December 18 2011 11:29 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 11:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
On December 18 2011 11:05 BirdKiller wrote:
I am so glad that I did not browse Teamliquid or accidentally / unconsciously clicked on Twitter as I watched this 4 - 5 hour event. The award ceremony was great and hilarious though a bit stretched out in the end. While the first six games wasn't strategically mind blowing, they did build up the excitement of the spectacular 7th game which is spectacular on its own to begin with.

The fact that a GSL Finals went to the 7th game is something else as well. I'm glad the GSL & GomTV finished this year off in a fantastic way, more than they could have probably hoped for.


Wait, I just realized. This is the first GOM tournament to reach 7 sets? AMAZING lol!

MKP Nestea Open Season 2. Although not quite as epic.


Yea that 7th game wasn't as epic but I can still hear Artosis voice cracking: "A BEAUTIFUL SURROUND! The drones are behind the marines, they CANNOT MICRO!"

Gets me every time.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
December 18 2011 10:53 GMT
#9797
On December 18 2011 15:55 SpecFire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 14:37 diophan wrote:
On December 18 2011 13:59 sjschmidt93 wrote:
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better


I know I've seen this done before... I think Bomber at MLG? Anyway I've never seen it done to that extent, very impressive since it seemed DRG made a broodlord switch at one point just to kill those stupid siege tanks on the high ground.



no mc puma was NOT better. this is DEFINITELY the best series ever, and the last game was the BEST starcraft 2 match ever.

MC vs PuMa had great sets 5 & 6, but had a very anticlimatic ending. This however was the biggest tournament of the year, down to the final set between the world's best ZvT vs the world's best TvZ, and we get the best game of all time to round it up, so I don't see how you can say that MC vs Puma was better than MMA vs DRG, because this was better than Leenock vs Jjakji, and that was considered the best finals before this one so...
rcg
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia47 Posts
December 18 2011 11:52 GMT
#9798
Watched it at the venue and it was that much sicker live. Crowd was really reactive and sitting in front of tastosis getting pumped so hard was awesome. Got some pics of artosis clutching his heart in game 7 and although we couldnt really hear them i often heard shouts of "OMG DRG" from an excited artosis haha.

For pages 160-180 on IU it was not lipsynced and it was sooooo good <3 i was impressed anyway.

The crap part was that IU's fanclub was there in masses filling up the venue so sc fans couldnt come in and then the IU fanclub just left after the performance. It was a bit sad. Although ill have to say i would have just streamed it if IU wasnt going to be there.

Was almost scared it would end 4-0 and some of my friends wanted to leave BUT I HELD THEM THERE FOR ESPORTS. I went in as a fan of both and now im a greater fan of both. It was just one hell of an event.

Grats to mma for winning and drg for being so damn clutch
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
December 18 2011 11:55 GMT
#9799
On December 18 2011 18:10 SCPhineas wrote:
If I buy the $10 season ticket that's on the site now, will I be able to see the blizzardcup VODs? Will I be able to see other VODs? S1 2012, or GSL November 2011? Thanks!

This one is the blizzard cup ticket
http://www.gomtv.net/2011blizzardcup/premiumzone/
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
December 18 2011 12:42 GMT
#9800
On December 18 2011 14:37 diophan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 13:59 sjschmidt93 wrote:
i finally just watched the finals and...

why did it take this long for terrans to abuse the high grounds on shakuras?

also good finals but i still think mc vs. puma was better


I know I've seen this done before... I think Bomber at MLG? Anyway I've never seen it done to that extent, very impressive since it seemed DRG made a broodlord switch at one point just to kill those stupid siege tanks on the high ground.


Any terran has been doing this since Shakuras was made :/
Prev 1 488 489 490 491 492 495 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 497
hero 457
BeSt 246
Mind 31
Bale 20
Terrorterran 14
Noble 12
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1100
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King132
Other Games
summit1g9984
ArmadaUGS50
Livibee48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick393
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
League of Legends
• Rush1348
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 43m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.