• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:17
CEST 00:17
KST 07:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5916 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Grand Finals - Page 481

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 479 480 481 482 483 495 Next
StarcraftKevin
Profile Joined August 2009
United States285 Posts
December 17 2011 16:10 GMT
#9601
OMG best final ever
LiquidHerO || SlyaerSMMA || SlayerSTaeja || NsHsJJakji || NsHsSeal || NsHsSage || MVPDongraegu
Master_Blaster
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom269 Posts
December 17 2011 16:17 GMT
#9602
I think this absolutely proves that there should be no bo1 in a tournament to see who is better. I mean 3-0 and than 3-3 and than the most balanced game 7 to see who is better is clearly an up and down battle and you need more games to decide the better player. That's why I have a bitter taste about the group stage in the Blizzard Cup.
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 16:23:05
December 17 2011 16:22 GMT
#9603
edit: removed.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
December 17 2011 16:36 GMT
#9604
damnit, I tried so hard to stay up, and after all the ceremonies I watched game 1 then fell asleep at my desk and missed the whole thing! ><

Apparently its was a pretty amazing series too D=
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
December 17 2011 16:36 GMT
#9605
On December 18 2011 01:17 Master_Blaster wrote:
I think this absolutely proves that there should be no bo1 in a tournament to see who is better. I mean 3-0 and than 3-3 and than the most balanced game 7 to see who is better is clearly an up and down battle and you need more games to decide the better player. That's why I have a bitter taste about the group stage in the Blizzard Cup.


I agree that Bo1 is a bad idea, but actually if they had done a Bo1 here MMA would still have won, no?

Better proof would be Naniwa vs Thorzain, or Idra vs MC at MLG Anaheim.
Teael
Profile Joined February 2011
United States724 Posts
December 17 2011 16:50 GMT
#9606
ok SERIOUSLY?

Went to bed cause it looked like DRG was going to get stomped, come back and apparently it's the best finals ever?
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
December 17 2011 17:00 GMT
#9607
Okay.

That was the best thing.
I have ever seen.
DRG won my heart. I was of firm conviction that no zerg can win on shakuras, and DRG put up the best fight ever.
MMA, I love you as a terran sniper only. Stay away from my leenock and DRG.
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
phanto
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden708 Posts
December 17 2011 17:07 GMT
#9608
good games
skillfully avoided spoilers before watching the vods
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
December 17 2011 17:11 GMT
#9609
On December 17 2011 23:47 chesshaha wrote:
Where are the recommended games?? :/

I PM'ed them to Seeker after the finals.
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
December 17 2011 17:19 GMT
#9610
I hope someone creates an epic montage of the finals.
/commercial
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
December 17 2011 17:21 GMT
#9611
Man I have to watch these. Clicked on the results spoiler and it went all
MMA
MMA
MMA
and I was ah that's a shame DRG didn't put up too much of a fight
DRG
Well at least he got one game
DRG
Hm.
DRG
HOLY SHIT DO I EVEN WANT TO CLICK THE NEXT ONE
Fucking MMA

If checking the results was that exciting then I'm jealous of all the people who got to watch it live -_-
FSUmaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada61 Posts
December 17 2011 17:23 GMT
#9612
i fell asleep after MMA was up 3-0 T.T
I am no longer someone who can call himself a true fan, staying up until 5am
Forgive me, as punishment I will buy cases and cases of monster and drink them in preparation for the next big event.
Awards were great though!
I hope I can redeem myself
"..but on Monday, we dick around!" : Day[9]
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
December 17 2011 17:23 GMT
#9613
On December 18 2011 02:21 The KY wrote:
Man I have to watch these. Clicked on the results spoiler and it went all
MMA
MMA
MMA
and I was ah that's a shame DRG didn't put up too much of a fight
DRG
Well at least he got one game
DRG
Hm.
DRG
HOLY SHIT DO I EVEN WANT TO CLICK THE NEXT ONE
Fucking MMA

If checking the results was that exciting then I'm jealous of all the people who got to watch it live -_-


You can be :D
Game 1-6 were good but far from Jjakji-Leenock finals, but the last game will be remembered forever. It's the new best game ever, I think I can say that without overhyping it. I was shacking and my heart was at 150 bpm during it.
pak150
Profile Joined September 2010
United States531 Posts
December 17 2011 17:26 GMT
#9614
Great series — I really wish they'd take Shakuras out of the map pool though!
Zeroxk
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway1244 Posts
December 17 2011 17:32 GMT
#9615
On December 18 2011 01:17 Master_Blaster wrote:
I think this absolutely proves that there should be no bo1 in a tournament to see who is better. I mean 3-0 and than 3-3 and than the most balanced game 7 to see who is better is clearly an up and down battle and you need more games to decide the better player. That's why I have a bitter taste about the group stage in the Blizzard Cup.


MMA would've won in a bo1, bo3, bo5 and bo7 anyway. And do you not agree that MMA played better than DRG? In addition do you really believe that Polt, MMA, MVP, Leenock, MC, DRG were not the better players and would've advanced regardless of bo1 or bo3?
boX > 1 is not a guarantee that the better player wins, it only becomes more LIKELY that the better player advances. For instance Goody beat Stephano at battle of Berlin 2-1 a month or so ago
thee telescopes
Profile Joined August 2010
321 Posts
December 17 2011 17:34 GMT
#9616
On December 18 2011 02:32 Zeroxk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 01:17 Master_Blaster wrote:
I think this absolutely proves that there should be no bo1 in a tournament to see who is better. I mean 3-0 and than 3-3 and than the most balanced game 7 to see who is better is clearly an up and down battle and you need more games to decide the better player. That's why I have a bitter taste about the group stage in the Blizzard Cup.


MMA would've won in a bo1, bo3, bo5 and bo7 anyway. And do you not agree that MMA played better than DRG? In addition do you really believe that Polt, MMA, MVP, Leenock, MC, DRG were not the better players and would've advanced regardless of bo1 or bo3?
boX > 1 is not a guarantee that the better player wins, it only becomes more LIKELY that the better player advances. For instance Goody beat Stephano at battle of Berlin 2-1 a month or so ago


While I agree over the course of the series DRG was worse in the first three games than MMA was in the next three, MMA barely won a map 7 that no Terran should ever lose once they're on three safe bases.
Lord_J
Profile Joined April 2011
Kenya1085 Posts
December 17 2011 17:35 GMT
#9617
Game 7: this is why we watch.
No relation to Monsieur J.
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
December 17 2011 17:38 GMT
#9618
On December 18 2011 00:20 Jellikit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 00:03 SafeAsCheese wrote:
Wish the vod for game 7 was free and not 1
google is your friend, my friend


Support GomTV. It's worth a lot more entertainment hours than spending money on a movie theatre. Plus, you'll be supporting esports.
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
December 17 2011 17:48 GMT
#9619
Best SC2 series I have ever watched, not even close.
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
December 17 2011 17:48 GMT
#9620
sounds like it was a pretty epic finals.

still haven't watched jjakji vs leenock yet cause of finals right now haha, but should i buy a blizzcup ticket just for MMA vs DRG?
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
Prev 1 479 480 481 482 483 495 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 110
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 167
firebathero 91
910 42
NaDa 25
Artosis 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm96
monkeys_forever45
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0199
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9302
Liquid`Hasu1627
Trikslyr81
Other Games
summit1g7909
Liquid`RaSZi3887
shahzam512
JimRising 264
B2W.Neo185
Pyrionflax180
ArmadaUGS96
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1212
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur197
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.