• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:34
CEST 23:34
KST 06:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7589 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Grand Finals - Page 482

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 480 481 482 483 484 495 Next
xerurg
Profile Joined August 2010
Ukraine56 Posts
December 17 2011 17:49 GMT
#9621
dat was epic
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
December 17 2011 17:54 GMT
#9622
On December 18 2011 02:23 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 02:21 The KY wrote:
Man I have to watch these. Clicked on the results spoiler and it went all
MMA
MMA
MMA
and I was ah that's a shame DRG didn't put up too much of a fight
DRG
Well at least he got one game
DRG
Hm.
DRG
HOLY SHIT DO I EVEN WANT TO CLICK THE NEXT ONE
Fucking MMA

If checking the results was that exciting then I'm jealous of all the people who got to watch it live -_-


You can be :D
Game 1-6 were good but far from Jjakji-Leenock finals, but the last game will be remembered forever. It's the new best game ever, I think I can say that without overhyping it. I was shacking and my heart was at 150 bpm during it.


Yeah, agreed. 1-6 were pretty one-sided but with the comeback and the epic that was game 7 this series was the most memorable/entertaining series ever. GSL finals really stepping it up lately.
gradotude
Profile Joined October 2009
United States196 Posts
December 17 2011 18:01 GMT
#9623
The Blizzard Cup Finals was a fantastic series. My heart sank at the end of game 3 (maybe really at the end of game 2), thinking DRG would just collapse afterwards. Instead he showed everyone his willpower. ggs
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 17 2011 18:02 GMT
#9624
Well I don't know best game ever, I'd still award that to Jjakji vs Leenock game 1.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
ezk
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada239 Posts
December 17 2011 18:03 GMT
#9625
DrG didint give up even after losing crucial games on "zerg favored" maps.
He kept trying hard. Even if all hopes were almost gone, he played it out and used his prepared builds and tactics.
Thats what we expect from true professionnal sportsmans.
From his actions, I'm sure he gained tons of respect from players and fans.

That's what the viewers derserve to see.



udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
December 17 2011 18:03 GMT
#9626
stayed up til DRG won the 4th game and the set was 3-1 MMA

was ~3:30 AM and I figured MMA was going to end up winning. oh well, guess I'll drop $10 for a ticket.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 18:08:04
December 17 2011 18:07 GMT
#9627
On December 18 2011 02:48 andaylin wrote:
sounds like it was a pretty epic finals.

still haven't watched jjakji vs leenock yet cause of finals right now haha, but should i buy a blizzcup ticket just for MMA vs DRG?

YES, and Naniwa vs NesTea.
quRax
Profile Joined January 2011
Korea (South)264 Posts
December 17 2011 18:10 GMT
#9628
The whole day i've been watching ScII and every TvZ seems so bad compared to the finals : p
Polt, Polt and Polt.
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
December 17 2011 18:11 GMT
#9629
MMA just tweeted:

응원해주신 모든분들 너무너무 감사드리구, 아직도 꿈만 같네요. @MVPDongRaeGu 수호 너무 수고했구, 다음에 또 만나서 재밌는 경기 했으면 좋겠다 !

Google translate:

Thank you all who cheer people deurigu delighted, still looks unreal .... Too Good @ MVPDongRaeGu patron heroin, then I hope to see you again, fun game!

___

I'm somehow doubtful he was talking about heroin though :þ
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
Mero[5]
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany22 Posts
December 17 2011 18:12 GMT
#9630
wow, just watched the last game. and I have to say that it was the best game I have ever seen.

This is the best possible way to finish this great year of sc2.
DanboSmitty
Profile Joined April 2011
80 Posts
December 17 2011 18:13 GMT
#9631
On December 18 2011 03:12 Mero[5] wrote:
wow, just watched the last game. and I have to say that it was the best game I have ever seen.

This is the best possible way to finish this great year of sc2.


How the hell did you just watch it I can't find the vod's anywhere.
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
December 17 2011 18:17 GMT
#9632
On December 18 2011 03:13 DanboSmitty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 03:12 Mero[5] wrote:
wow, just watched the last game. and I have to say that it was the best game I have ever seen.

This is the best possible way to finish this great year of sc2.


How the hell did you just watch it I can't find the vod's anywhere.


http://www.gomtv.net/2011blizzardcup/

Are the "fake" awards not avalable without a ticket?
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 18:27:15
December 17 2011 18:23 GMT
#9633
I don't understand how so many people can like game 7. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but DRG throwing away piles of ultras and brood lords just makes me so mad that I can't really take the game seriously. Good game, exciting, but hardly the "best/most memorable/etc game ever". Also what a weird series lol It got exciting at the end but it was basically 6 one sided games and 1 mistake filled game (I guess taldarim was pretty good, def the best game of the series). I don't think it comes close to how good sC vs. Nestea was.

Congrats to both players, and special congrats to MMA for winning the cup. It was a great year for sc2 in 2011, looking forward to 2012!
SooYoung-Noona!
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
December 17 2011 18:32 GMT
#9634
My heart was pounding so fast during the end of game 7. Easily one of the best series I've seen. Congrats to MMA!
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
December 17 2011 18:42 GMT
#9635
On December 18 2011 00:02 OgsStump wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 23:33 nokz88 wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:18 Giriath wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:14 nokz88 wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:05 Giriath wrote:
On December 17 2011 22:56 SetStndbySmn wrote:
errr mistakes don't make a game bad. When good players play each other in a mental game, they induce mistakes, and mma's multitasking is one of the biggest forces that causes players to fall apart in the GSL. It's not hard to appreciate or understand.


I don't consider the last set or the finals bad. It may even well be the best GSL finals ever, with such an amazing come-back situation.

I also don't think it's hard to understand that this was far from a perfect game from either player, though I can see how the tension and excitement of the finals could make one say so.

lemme guess... are you still butthurt about Naniwa? Let it go man, it's clouding your judgement.


Because I'm not of the opinion that this set was perfect, I'm butthurt about NaNiWa? Uh.

See, this is why poking fun at people who call anything perfect is fun; you get all kinds of hilarious retorts, even if you openly agree that it may be the best thing ever.

Get the fuck off your high horse man. Let me try to show you what kind of douchebaggery you are doing:

1. Beauty contest, points at winner and says "Hey, I've seen much prettier girls."
2. A friend got A in a test. Says "why no A+?"
3. Someone buys a car. Says "pfft... Ferraris piss all over this"

...and to top it off, annoys everyone by saying "look, I'm just telling these are not PERFECT, am I wrong?"

What will it take to realize that your stupid remarks are not welcome here, even if they are true? Go post it in your blog, write a huge paragraph telling us why you thought this finals sucked, whatever. Don't piss off people in the LR thread celebrating a great series to close the year.

I hope there aren't many people like you when I'm celebrating my graduation in a few weeks. "hey, where's the magna cum-laude?" sigh....



Seems a bit of an extreme response to the other poster. You mad or something? I personally thought the games we're a bit over hyped as well. A lot of the games were kind of a yawn and i personally perfer tastosis' casting style on normal days as opposed to when they do the finals. It almost feels like were forced in saying it was the best game of sc2 ever. Every finals that they do whether good or bad they tend to give too much praise or hype which is completely understandable considering they are the most important games of their season. They were good games especially the last one i enjoyed them and this was the best gsl finals but not the best series ever or highest level of play we've ever seen as they were claiming.


The reason why this series was the best of all time is NOT because of the quality of the games, with the exception of the last one. It's because MMA completely destroyed DRG in the first 3 and it looked like it was going to be 4-0. Then out of nowhere, with the mental stability of a champion, DRG takes back 3 games in convincing fashion. Most of the games were pretty one-sided so to have a final game with that much back-and-forth action where you could only know the winner in the last 30 seconds is absolutely amazing. No one is saying that maruader helion all ins are the best games ever to be played
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 17 2011 18:42 GMT
#9636
fuuuuuu

I couldn't find Gomtv's channel on the mobile iTouch Justin.tv/Twitch.tv app, so I gave up and went to bed.

It is unfortunate that I missed such an awesome event. Time to watch the vods, I guess.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
December 17 2011 18:45 GMT
#9637
On December 18 2011 03:23 ffadicted wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like game 7. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but DRG throwing away piles of ultras and brood lords just makes me so mad that I can't really take the game seriously. Good game, exciting, but hardly the "best/most memorable/etc game ever". Also what a weird series lol It got exciting at the end but it was basically 6 one sided games and 1 mistake filled game (I guess taldarim was pretty good, def the best game of the series). I don't think it comes close to how good sC vs. Nestea was.

Congrats to both players, and special congrats to MMA for winning the cup. It was a great year for sc2 in 2011, looking forward to 2012!


Game 7 wasn't the best technical game, but definitely was one of the most exciting and emotional, given the circumstances.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
December 17 2011 18:45 GMT
#9638
On December 18 2011 03:23 ffadicted wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like game 7. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but DRG throwing away piles of ultras and brood lords just makes me so mad that I can't really take the game seriously. Good game, exciting, but hardly the "best/most memorable/etc game ever". Also what a weird series lol It got exciting at the end but it was basically 6 one sided games and 1 mistake filled game (I guess taldarim was pretty good, def the best game of the series). I don't think it comes close to how good sC vs. Nestea was.

Congrats to both players, and special congrats to MMA for winning the cup. It was a great year for sc2 in 2011, looking forward to 2012!


haven't seen any other games, but game 7 was sooo awesome.
I don't know where you saw DRG "throwing" away units. Apart from the one attack with broodlords and Ultralisks he always traded well or even advantegous. He really didn't lose the game in a fight, but in the macro war.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 18:55:14
December 17 2011 18:52 GMT
#9639
On December 18 2011 03:45 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 03:23 ffadicted wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like game 7. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but DRG throwing away piles of ultras and brood lords just makes me so mad that I can't really take the game seriously. Good game, exciting, but hardly the "best/most memorable/etc game ever". Also what a weird series lol It got exciting at the end but it was basically 6 one sided games and 1 mistake filled game (I guess taldarim was pretty good, def the best game of the series). I don't think it comes close to how good sC vs. Nestea was.

Congrats to both players, and special congrats to MMA for winning the cup. It was a great year for sc2 in 2011, looking forward to 2012!


haven't seen any other games, but game 7 was sooo awesome.
I don't know where you saw DRG "throwing" away units. Apart from the one attack with broodlords and Ultralisks he always traded well or even advantegous. He really didn't lose the game in a fight, but in the macro war.

Yeah. You could argue that he "threw" the ultras that he sent to the 4th, but they still made a good amount of damage.
All other times he dived into tanks and bunkers in the middle of the map he traded fairly well.
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
December 17 2011 18:52 GMT
#9640
On December 18 2011 03:11 absalom86 wrote:
MMA just tweeted:

응원해주신 모든분들 너무너무 감사드리구, 아직도 꿈만 같네요. @MVPDongRaeGu 수호 너무 수고했구, 다음에 또 만나서 재밌는 경기 했으면 좋겠다 !

Google translate:

Thank you all who cheer people deurigu delighted, still looks unreal .... Too Good @ MVPDongRaeGu patron heroin, then I hope to see you again, fun game!

___

I'm somehow doubtful he was talking about heroin though :þ

DongRaeGu is the patron saint of heroin? Lol, I love google translate
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
Prev 1 480 481 482 483 484 495 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 180
Nina 114
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
firebathero 74
910 38
NaDa 34
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0178
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9566
Liquid`Hasu1713
crisheroes1547
Trikslyr91
Other Games
summit1g6538
Liquid`RaSZi5736
Beastyqt717
shahzam498
ToD234
Pyrionflax216
B2W.Neo210
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS107
JimRising 95
ZombieGrub77
IndyStarCraft 55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream342
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 19
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV544
League of Legends
• TFBlade1049
Other Games
• imaqtpie1078
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.