• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:25
CEST 03:25
KST 10:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7311 users

[GSL] Aug Code A RO32 Day 3 - Page 212

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 321 Next
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4221
Really confused by the lack of a walloff. Feels like an unnecessary risk?
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4222
On August 10 2011 15:46 chatuka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:44 ptbl wrote:
Man, if everyone foreigner loses in Code A, I am going to be so demoralized. It's only going to strengthen my opinion that foreigners need to move to Korea and train long term.

it's definitely a commitment issue amongst the foreigners. 300 Million plus American pool and 300 million plus European pool and 1.3 billion Chinese can't beat 50 Million pool of South Korea. It's a mentality, not talent/genetic issue.


Yes, every single person in the world plays sc2 at a highly competitive level.
NGrNecris
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand855 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4223
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.


JINRO HWATING!!!
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4224
ummmmmmmmmmm...... no wall? i dont imagine this being pretty
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
quiet noise
Profile Joined May 2011
599 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4225
On August 10 2011 15:45 Zzoram wrote:
Maybe foreigners are weak vZ because there aren't enough good foreign Zergs to give them the training they need.

and korean protoss are weak against zerg because...?
hYdrA-MeNo
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 06:48:15
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4226
On August 10 2011 15:44 Highways wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:43 Asha` wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:42 andaylin wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:41 Scila wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:41 Spectorials wrote:
I think Nani is the only one of these four that can take it to the Koreans


I dunno man he's tilted from MLG.

he just won blizzard eu invitational......


Ret won it...

Not a great game from Sase, opening got completely read and taken advantage of, and 2base all in got denied.


Damn Zergs, winning everything.

Pretty good race.


Its not the race its just all the other players are decidiing i want a coin flip build where it either going to put me ahead by alot! or ill be behind..... and when you do this to a korean that knows the build all he has to do it stop it...... So think of it like the 4 gate in pvp the defender has the advanatage if he knows its coming..... these players need to stop over thinking there strategies trying to do something cute an just play there game..... that way they got a shot but if they want a coin flip most likely the house will win
Cant Tell you Whats good....But i can tell you what's what
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4227
On August 10 2011 15:47 taLbuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:45 Zzoram wrote:
Maybe foreigners are weak vZ because there aren't enough good foreign Zergs to give them the training they need.


I think we'd be seeing some of the same results even if the koreans they were facing were T or P.

Especially T what with the tear that Korean Terrans are on lately.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4228
On August 10 2011 15:47 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:46 chatuka wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:44 ptbl wrote:
Man, if everyone foreigner loses in Code A, I am going to be so demoralized. It's only going to strengthen my opinion that foreigners need to move to Korea and train long term.

it's definitely a commitment issue amongst the foreigners. 300 Million plus American pool and 300 million plus European pool and 1.3 billion Chinese can't beat 50 Million pool of South Korea. It's a mentality, not talent/genetic issue.


Yes, every single person in the world plays sc2 at a highly competitive level.

As it should be.
wristuzi
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1168 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4229
SaSe, I wanna see you make this work!
MarineKingPrime ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Naniwa ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Morrow
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4230
wait sase isnt on a team anymore? left mym????

he's one of the few people i would love to see on Team Liquid, from what i've seen of him he has the potential and manner to fit in with Liquid
greycubed
Profile Joined May 2010
United States615 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4231
On August 10 2011 15:45 ftd.rain wrote:
I don't think his blink stalker micro was phenomenal at all, he didn't blink them in small amounts, he blinked 5-6 at a time.
If there's anything I've learned watching Starcraft for the last year and a half it's that all forcefields and blinks are amazing. Casters are fired on the spot if they fail to say so at every opportunity.
http://i.imgur.com/N3ujB.png
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4232
On August 10 2011 15:45 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.

Are you going to focus on Code A qualifiers or are you going to try and get the code A spot through MLG?

Thats the same thing.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Monocle
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1509 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4233
Wtf is SaSe doing
Pyskee
Profile Joined April 2011
United States620 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4234
On August 10 2011 15:46 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:43 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:41 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:40 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:37 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:36 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 AzurewinD wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:26 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:24 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:23 Medrea wrote:
[quote]

Seriously.

Ive been saying this forever. Jetlag is never an excuse.

Adjust your goddam sleep schedule when you know months in advance what your doing. These pro's Im sure do it.

The player's body is his own responsibility. Why should GOM TV be responsible?

So how the fuck was Thorzain supposed to adjust his sleep schedule when he was in the EU invitational this past weekend?


Choose one or the other.

Sorry. His body.

Can't take it?

Too bad, get the fuck out. Excuses don't belong in competition. Imagine if your Yugioh? how is it fair your win is invalidated by an excuse.



Wow you're a real manly man. Yeah its no excuse, but don't pretend like being removed 12 hours from your normal life rhythm doesn't affect your play.

That's all anyone is saying.


People are using it to invalidate wins for the other player though. That's the problem.

Personally? I dont think thorzain was tired. If he had to work an 8 hour day maybe but stretching yourself to accomodate a few hours that are VERY important to your life seems reasonable.


Have you ever experienced jetlag?


East coast US to Japan a few times to work full days.

then you should know. Hell Thorzain was yawning before his matches.


Well, work doesnt always have to take place in the first 8 hours of waking up, it can take place in the last 8 hours. And yeah when your paid to do it, you gonna do it.

And all I'm saying is that jetleg is a definite factor in anyone's play when traveling such great distances. You can't just prep yourself for the time switch because of how busy these guys are. Even if they don't have a tournament the weekend before, their practice schedule with teammates and all would be completely screwed as well as the good hours to ladder.

Sitting in a cramped space with recycled air for 15 hours also doesn't help.
"If you really don't give a shit what brand you chew, chew Stride." - Liquid'Tyler. Gives shoutouts like a boss.
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4235
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.


Hey jinro! I know you called me stupid before in a thread but I'm you're fan! hopefully you bounce back soon, I think you had that honestly but you got map fucked. On bel'shir beach you tried to build turrets where banelings were but they didn't build because of them I was wondering why you didn't realize banelings?
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
Empirimancer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1024 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4236
He... forgot to wall off.
SxYSpAz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1451 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4237
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.

maybe it will be nice to not have the pressure from the spotlight for awhile. i've still seen you think really well in tense situations. imma keep rootin for ya.
Helge
Profile Joined August 2011
Ukraine4 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4238
On August 10 2011 15:44 ptbl wrote:
Man, if everyone foreigner loses in Code A, I am going to be so demoralized. It's only going to strengthen my opinion that foreigners need to move to Korea and train long term.

Didn't they say they were moving to Korea to train for a month, while Code A/GSTL was a bonus?
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4239
I'm guessing he forgot to wall... so he cut probes on gas to get those 2 gateways up quicker.
cheesemaster
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1975 Posts
August 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#4240
Yea..... i cant beleive so many ppl thought that Thorzain could compete at the code s level, its not like yugioh is a code s player in code a, hes okay.....

I hope thorzain trains hard and gives it another go, but i dont think any foreinger right now that hasnt trained in korea (cept for jinro who failed anyways) can consistently compete at the code a or S level, thats for sure.
Slayers_MMA The terran who beats terrans
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 321 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 149
RuFF_SC2 95
ProTech37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15896
Rain 2270
Artosis 611
Bale 15
NaDa 14
League of Legends
Doublelift4604
Counter-Strike
taco 331
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Mew2King161
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor973
Other Games
summit1g8373
Day[9].tv670
JimRising 544
PiGStarcraft338
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS73
ViBE57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP60
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv670
• Scarra537
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 35m
OSC
20h 35m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.