• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:27
CEST 17:27
KST 00:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8688 users

[GSL] Aug Code A RO32 Day 3 - Page 211

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 321 Next
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
August 10 2011 06:45 GMT
#4201
well the koreans were jetlagged as hell at MLG and played a shit ton of games the next 3 days but that didn't stop them. yugioh was a very beatable opponent, shouldn't make jetlag excuses
dcsoda
Profile Joined June 2011
United States583 Posts
August 10 2011 06:45 GMT
#4202
On August 10 2011 15:43 Zzoram wrote:
This night has been horrible

So pumped about 4 foreigners playing, so sad that they're getting crushed so hard by mediocre Korean players.


Haven't lots of people been talking about how good Code A is this season and hard the qualifiers are? Now that the foreigners are losing it's to "mediocre" players? Sure it's been disappointing but at least show these other players a little more respect that they got to this spot as well.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
August 10 2011 06:45 GMT
#4203
Man i feel bad for believing all this time that top level foreigner pro's can take on Code A players and that MLG Code A spots are the hard way into Code A.

This is proving me to be a huge liar.
twitch.tv/medrea
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4204
Open with dts, must follow up with blink stalkers.
Open Sartgate or robot, must follow up with colossus.
Protoss doesn't have much option lol, unless you 4 gates.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4205
On August 10 2011 15:43 Medrea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:41 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:40 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:37 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:36 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 AzurewinD wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:26 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:24 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:23 Medrea wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:20 Greggle wrote:
I get tired of jet lag comments.You know in advance when you'll be traveling, adjust your sleep schedule appropriately and take care of yourself. Every now and then people do have back to back tourneys in different countries, but unless that's the case jet lag is YOUR fault.


Seriously.

Ive been saying this forever. Jetlag is never an excuse.

Adjust your goddam sleep schedule when you know months in advance what your doing. These pro's Im sure do it.

The player's body is his own responsibility. Why should GOM TV be responsible?

So how the fuck was Thorzain supposed to adjust his sleep schedule when he was in the EU invitational this past weekend?


Choose one or the other.

Sorry. His body.

Can't take it?

Too bad, get the fuck out. Excuses don't belong in competition. Imagine if your Yugioh? how is it fair your win is invalidated by an excuse.



Wow you're a real manly man. Yeah its no excuse, but don't pretend like being removed 12 hours from your normal life rhythm doesn't affect your play.

That's all anyone is saying.


People are using it to invalidate wins for the other player though. That's the problem.

Personally? I dont think thorzain was tired. If he had to work an 8 hour day maybe but stretching yourself to accomodate a few hours that are VERY important to your life seems reasonable.


Have you ever experienced jetlag?


East coast US to Japan a few times to work full days.

then you should know. Hell Thorzain was yawning before his matches.


Well, work doesnt always have to take place in the first 8 hours of waking up, it can take place in the last 8 hours. And yeah when your paid to do it, you gonna do it.

And all I'm saying is that jetleg is a definite factor in anyone's play when traveling such great distances. You can't just prep yourself for the time switch because of how busy these guys are. Even if they don't have a tournament the weekend before, their practice schedule with teammates and all would be completely screwed as well as the good hours to ladder.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Namkung
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada151 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4206
On August 10 2011 15:44 ptbl wrote:
Man, if everyone foreigner loses in Code A, I am going to be so demoralized. It's only going to strengthen my opinion that foreigners need to move to Korea and train long term.


if you don't already think that, that is their only chance, you are living in a delusion
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4207
Go SaSe! Don't lose you too (
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
chatuka
Profile Joined July 2011
1351 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 06:46:33
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4208
On August 10 2011 15:44 ptbl wrote:
Man, if everyone foreigner loses in Code A, I am going to be so demoralized. It's only going to strengthen my opinion that foreigners need to move to Korea and train long term.

it's definitely a commitment issue amongst the foreigners. 300 Million plus American pool and 300 million plus European pool and 1.3 billion Chinese can't beat 50 Million pool of South Korea. It's a mentality, not talent/genetic issue.
Joseph123
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria1144 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4209
well sase plays only ladder he has never played on this map and he isn't lucky to get a ladder map
cool
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4210
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.


Great attitude Jinro, keep fighting the good fight.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Scila
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1849 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4211
The Protiss sniper
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
DizzySheep
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1144 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4212
Sase doing the white-ra build(Speshul tactix) :DD
Morale
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1010 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4213
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.


Awsome attitude! Keep working hard and know u have alot of die hard fans! Now maybe u have some good practice partners who are easier to communicate with!

Jinro hwaiting!
OneWhoIsMany
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada292 Posts
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4214
Why would you not wall off.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 06:47:35
August 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#4215
Is Naniwa going to stay in Korea if he loses? He was really anxious to go there. IIRC he said Europe/NA scenes have nothing more to offer him in terms of improvement.

I know he has to stay for GSTL but is he going to try and requalify for GSL on his own or will he have to go home since GOM is paying for this trip?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4216
On August 10 2011 15:45 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:44 Archerylady wrote:
foreigners suck. this is hard to watch

Tip top foreigners can't take a single set off mediocre Korean pros.

:<


To think that there are alot that didn't qualify
Dear Sixsmith...
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4217
On August 10 2011 15:45 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 15:35 SpecFire wrote:
On August 10 2011 15:34 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 10 2011 14:05 bennyaus wrote:
I actually thought Jinro played quite well in both games, got unlucky in game 1 (banelings) and similar in game 2 (if ling didn't scout the thors, i believe he would've won with the timing). Given all the travel/sickness, I believe he has it in him to come back stronger than ever.

I think my mistake is that I showed him too many hellions. I knew he had 2 spines, so I should have just showed him like 4-5 to be consistent with what I did game 1, then he wont get a roach warren in time.

As it were, he got it too early and was fine.


Jinro ,you seem fine with your loss. I know it is crushing but are you doin okay? Keep training and I know ull be back.

Yep, Im just back to where I was 1 year ago and thats fine, I will try to avoid the mistakes I made but repeat the good things.

Jinro Hwaiting! Its amazing you still check out the forum almost as much as you were FrozenArbiter .
Terran
Shika
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden1711 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4218
Of course he didn't unintentionally place his buildings there..
Riyomori
Profile Joined July 2009
Singapore316 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4219
damn hate seeing my protoss brethren not wall in. so scary
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
August 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#4220
On August 10 2011 15:45 Zzoram wrote:
Maybe foreigners are weak vZ because there aren't enough good foreign Zergs to give them the training they need.


I think we'd be seeing some of the same results even if the koreans they were facing were T or P.
Prev 1 209 210 211 212 213 321 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 492
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31502
Bisu 3131
Shuttle 1836
Hyuk 1074
Mini 625
EffOrt 550
Larva 413
Soma 347
ZerO 242
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
hero 120
Zeus 118
Sexy 62
Mong 45
Hyun 45
Trap 41
Pusan 35
PianO 31
Killer 30
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 28
zelot 21
Hm[arnc] 20
sorry 20
Terrorterran 14
Rock 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8847
qojqva1849
Dendi1059
Counter-Strike
fl0m3000
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1373
crisheroes1009
Liquid`Hasu600
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2108
B2W.Neo1028
Beastyqt586
Mlord258
Hui .222
Livibee209
Liquid`VortiX135
KnowMe118
ArmadaUGS102
elazer83
Mew2King79
CosmosSc2 20
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 34
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8950
• WagamamaTV272
League of Legends
• Jankos2043
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
FEL
33m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 33m
INu's Battles
20h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.