• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9663 users

DHS2011 - Day 3 - Page 522

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 520 521 522 523 Next
Sadly it seems I have to put this up yet again. Any of the following types of posts will be met with immediate bans:

Imbalance whine/Player bashing/Caster bashing/Stream complaining/Off topic arguing.

Stick to the games and enjoy the event and its free services and coverage.
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 19:28:34
June 21 2011 19:28 GMT
#10421
It was nice to see a finals where both players went balls-to-the-wall and did *unexpected* plays instead of bowing to the pressure of a minority of fans who think just because a game is "short" it's bad. A game doesn't have to have 10 minutes of macroing and skirmishing before the real battles start to be good.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
ZionsWrath
Profile Joined December 2010
United States121 Posts
June 21 2011 19:33 GMT
#10422
On June 22 2011 04:17 Moonling wrote:
Replays and Vods are up on Day.blip.tv (day9s web page)

derp derp a replay is not the same as a vod...

User was warned for this post
Gurgl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 20:25:27
June 21 2011 20:04 GMT
#10423
On June 22 2011 04:21 rawrjaaaaay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 04:15 iamthedave wrote:
I used to think Day 9 was a good caster, but at various times over the weekend I find him either too shouty or too biased. Not saying I'm surprised, but it still didn't sit right.

He was good when he was quieter, but when he was shouting... gah, I was desperate for Total Biscuit to be on so I could listen to him instead.


Wait, you are complaining about Day9 screaming, but then you were desperate for Total Biscuit? Everytime I listen to him, he's yelling. O.o


I have never liked Totalbiscuit before because of his shouting and lack of knowledge but he casted some good games at dreamhack so I tuned in and gave him a shot, with my triggerfinger on the mute button.

As much as I have citicized him before I have to give him credit for his casting at dreamhack, he has toned down his shouting alot and he did good imo. I enjoyed TB + TLO/MC as much as Day9 and Apollo this event, Day9 went a bit over the top with enthusiasm and screaming at times which can be annoying.
Gaspadin
Profile Joined November 2008
Russian Federation132 Posts
June 21 2011 20:12 GMT
#10424
Jep exactly, iam a day9 fan but the shouting was over the top...
got me? guess not
Chillton
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada85 Posts
June 21 2011 20:18 GMT
#10425
I've never heard the term "shoutcasting" until I started watching Starcraft 2, and I must say, whenever my friends, or any new people watch it with me, they love how excited the commentators get, and always say 'I've never seen anything llike this!" so please, shout away :>
Terran Fo' Life - Now Swarm Fo' Life :D
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
June 21 2011 20:19 GMT
#10426
The shouting is exciting and it wasnt like he was at the top of his lungs. Shame on him for showing enthusiasm.
Caterpiller
Profile Joined June 2003
Sweden119 Posts
June 21 2011 20:21 GMT
#10427
haha, http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/article13211001.ab

"Kanadensiske Greg ”Huk” Loranger klev som siste icke-korean in i semifinalserien utan att ha förlorat ett enda matchset."

"Canadian Greg 'Huk' Loranger went into the semifinals as the last non-korean without loosing a single game"

Greg huk!!!
cRAp!!!!
Gurgl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden308 Posts
June 21 2011 20:30 GMT
#10428
On June 22 2011 05:19 mrtomjones wrote:
The shouting is exciting and it wasnt like he was at the top of his lungs. Shame on him for showing enthusiasm.


Yeah I agree but there were occasions at this event where it felt like he "faked" enthusiasm when there was nothing special going on, that´s what I don´t like. Be enthusiastic and scream when there´s something awesome going on but don´t try to overhype situations that are nothing special.
eloist
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1017 Posts
June 21 2011 20:38 GMT
#10429
I want day9 to cast games like he castes Chill vs. CombatEx. That would be awesome.
Karakaxe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden585 Posts
June 21 2011 20:54 GMT
#10430
I want day9 to scream alot more, he's awesomeness in it's purest form.
Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight.
cannavaro
Profile Joined November 2010
Italy86 Posts
June 21 2011 21:29 GMT
#10431
Any news on if/when replays will become available?
And stop trolling with links to the vods when someone is asking about replays.
Insight.9
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
June 22 2011 00:31 GMT
#10432
Had to watch that final game again just now, HuK did fantastically well imo. I felt so happy for him when he realised he had the huge upperhand, and when we was attacking the natural with his hands off his keyboard, grinning from ear to ear. Must've just been the most incredible feeling, well done and enjoy it! Will be following your GSL games, so good luck!
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." Day[9]
Daniel C
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong1606 Posts
June 22 2011 02:35 GMT
#10433
I feel Day9 is great for analysis diamond and below. When I was in plat, I devoured the dailies and learned alot about how to play, how to get better. But when you get to the higher levels (masters), where very specific timings and strategies exist, generalities don't really work too well anymore ("always make probes", "attack where he is weakest"). Again, no offense to day9 in any way, he's great for 99% of the SC2 community (including myself, previously), and I understand his role is to hype up the tournament with excitement, but when he did do analysis, it wasn't that great. Now that I'm in masters I find artosis' analysis much better and much more accurate. Day9 kept calling things wrongly at Dreamhack. No comment on d apollo since I don't know his background, he did alright I guess. Any masters player feel the same way as me on this?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
June 22 2011 02:49 GMT
#10434
On June 22 2011 11:35 Daniel C wrote:
I feel Day9 is great for analysis diamond and below. When I was in plat, I devoured the dailies and learned alot about how to play, how to get better. But when you get to the higher levels (masters), where very specific timings and strategies exist, generalities don't really work too well anymore ("always make probes", "attack where he is weakest"). Again, no offense to day9 in any way, he's great for 99% of the SC2 community (including myself, previously), and I understand his role is to hype up the tournament with excitement, but when he did do analysis, it wasn't that great. Now that I'm in masters I find artosis' analysis much better and much more accurate. Day9 kept calling things wrongly at Dreamhack. No comment on d apollo since I don't know his background, he did alright I guess. Any masters player feel the same way as me on this?

Back when Day9 did broodwar, his analysis was very detailed. I learned a lot even though I was very highly ranked in broodwar. But Day9 can't make the same type of commentaries in SC2 because he doesn't actually play the game. He relies on his general knowledge of RTS games to commentate. Perhaps he could play the game and learn more about the game now that he's done with his masters.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
velocityqt
Profile Joined June 2011
121 Posts
June 22 2011 16:06 GMT
#10435
is there going to be reppack released?
eqez
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden837 Posts
June 22 2011 19:12 GMT
#10436
On June 22 2011 05:21 Caterpiller wrote:
haha, http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/article13211001.ab

"Kanadensiske Greg ”Huk” Loranger klev som siste icke-korean in i semifinalserien utan att ha förlorat ett enda matchset."

"Canadian Greg 'Huk' Loranger went into the semifinals as the last non-korean without loosing a single game"

Greg huk!!!


HuK got Gracked
Thezzphai
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1145 Posts
June 22 2011 21:20 GMT
#10437
Seems like replays are available on http://www.sc2rep.com/
Almisael
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria235 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 09:28:04
June 23 2011 09:27 GMT
#10438
that's only like 10% of all the replays!
i'm sure that there are a some people like me who want to watch a couple of group stage games which they missed. only day9 and totalbiscuit uploaded their vods, does anyone know how i can watch some of the other ~80 matches?
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
June 23 2011 09:37 GMT
#10439
DreamHack released a full replaypack: http://files.dreamhack.se/dhs11/sc2/DHS11Replays.zip
Liquipedia
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
June 23 2011 09:43 GMT
#10440
On June 22 2011 11:35 Daniel C wrote:
I feel Day9 is great for analysis diamond and below. When I was in plat, I devoured the dailies and learned alot about how to play, how to get better. But when you get to the higher levels (masters), where very specific timings and strategies exist, generalities don't really work too well anymore ("always make probes", "attack where he is weakest"). Again, no offense to day9 in any way, he's great for 99% of the SC2 community (including myself, previously), and I understand his role is to hype up the tournament with excitement, but when he did do analysis, it wasn't that great. Now that I'm in masters I find artosis' analysis much better and much more accurate. Day9 kept calling things wrongly at Dreamhack. No comment on d apollo since I don't know his background, he did alright I guess. Any masters player feel the same way as me on this?


Yes I even stopped listening to his dailies at the end of beta. Day9 just is not for everyone, which is often a pointer for success, since you cant please them all.

Artosis is for me :o , he is just funny, nerdy, exciting and accurate. He is amazing in so many ways. He would easily win the handsome nerd price if there was one. Helps that he works so well with tasteless.
Prev 1 520 521 522 523 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM785
IndyStarCraft 153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 785
Lowko404
mouzHeroMarine 279
IndyStarCraft 153
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37599
Free 6212
Jaedong 1290
BeSt 567
Soulkey 487
Horang2 416
Larva 267
Soma 244
Zeus 226
Hyun 132
[ Show more ]
Last 120
sorry 112
Pusan 81
Mind 80
actioN 78
Sexy 78
Shinee 44
soO 39
ToSsGirL 18
scan(afreeca) 18
yabsab 17
Aegong 12
zelot 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5661
Dendi715
XaKoH 417
XcaliburYe211
canceldota16
Counter-Strike
byalli634
Other Games
gofns30598
singsing2319
Coldzera 704
B2W.Neo633
Pyrionflax296
ToD131
trigger6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 16
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
League of Legends
• Jankos3905
Upcoming Events
Online Event
10m
TaKeTV 57
CranKy Ducklings1
AI Arena Tournament
5h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 10m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.