• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8583 users

MLG Columbus Day 3 - Page 1407

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1432 Next
We will be moderating harshly in this thread. Think twice before you post. Things we are watching for: image macros, balance whining, "eagles", player bashing etc. We encourage civil and reasoned critique of our moderation - please post it in the website feedback forum.

Please don't complain about MLG stream quality or MLG itself. They work very hard to provide you with an enjoyable service.

Enough with the racism discussions, this is a LR Thread. Cut it out.
-- updated 7:55 KST
Yggydraseal
Profile Joined April 2011
United States285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 04:38:41
June 06 2011 04:38 GMT
#28121
On June 06 2011 13:37 Roffu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 13:36 Radical wrote:
On June 06 2011 13:34 Roffu wrote:
So I just got here from work, I'd like to know where Can I watch IdrA vs MC, theyre not in the VODs section, also if anyone could help me out to know who played the finals or point me to the brackets, so I can try to find the vod, thanks!

The bracket is in the OP, and as for the VODS:

Click this: http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2_red

Then in the player, click the icon that looks like 3 bullet points followed by 3 horizontal lines. Then you should be able to figure it out from there.


Yeah except the IdrA vs MC match isnt there


It might not be uploaded yet. They are uploading as they can so just check back later.
"The greatest athletes of all time... Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, and SlayerSBoxer." - Artosis
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
June 06 2011 04:38 GMT
#28122
On June 06 2011 13:31 bennyaus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 13:15 Radical wrote:
On June 06 2011 13:12 RowdierBob wrote:
Can anyone explain what happened in Idra's first game vs MMA (for someone whom arrived late)?

You can go to the MLG website and watch the VOD, but basically Idra was way ahead in Game 1 and was most likely going to win. He pushed in the middle of the map, destroying a big part of MMA's army, and as he pushed up he saw that MMA had taken his gold expansion (though it was late...watch the VOD), and then he just abruptly GG'ed. Honestly when I saw it I thought he was being really BM and saying GG as if to say "OK I won, you should leave the game now," that's how far ahead he was.


He wasn't that far ahead. He was 10 drones ahead + Mules, but MMA could realistically defend the mutas with his turrets and marines. The issue would've been the next round of speedlings and banes, and whether he could've gotten a tank or two out in time.



Idra had 18 mutas(some not hurt at all) sitting on top of 9 hurt marines and 5 hurt tanks.

The more important thing was Idra had 10 zerglings sitting that could have cleaned up the drop at his nat(4 hurt marines) and he was on 4 base(2 really thick with minerals) vs 2 1/2 base(the 2 up and running were getting close to being mined out).

Idra was going to win that game until he decided he would rather lose it.
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
Radical
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States481 Posts
June 06 2011 04:39 GMT
#28123
On June 06 2011 13:37 Roffu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 13:36 Radical wrote:
On June 06 2011 13:34 Roffu wrote:
So I just got here from work, I'd like to know where Can I watch IdrA vs MC, theyre not in the VODs section, also if anyone could help me out to know who played the finals or point me to the brackets, so I can try to find the vod, thanks!

The bracket is in the OP, and as for the VODS:

Click this: http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2_red

Then in the player, click the icon that looks like 3 bullet points followed by 3 horizontal lines. Then you should be able to figure it out from there.


Yeah except the IdrA vs MC match isnt there

Give it some time, I don't think they've uploaded all the VODs yet.
1oo
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal876 Posts
June 06 2011 04:41 GMT
#28124
MMA played really well, but on the other hand we only enjoyed it that much cuz in the other side Losira played awesome too, so kudos to him!
At the top of the game, we play by diferent rules.
siewkeat
Profile Joined October 2010
282 Posts
June 06 2011 04:43 GMT
#28125
Glad to see MMA finally play to his potential to take this MLG, ppl are doubting him after dismau effort in individual tournament.missed alot of the games though anyone kind to list up top 10 must watch game of the event?
Roffu
Profile Joined April 2011
United States143 Posts
June 06 2011 04:49 GMT
#28126
So does neone know why IdrA gged on first game? :\
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
June 06 2011 04:51 GMT
#28127
Oh man. I missed this whole weekend. I have so many VODs that I want to watch.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
June 06 2011 04:54 GMT
#28128
Can anybody link me to Losira vs MC games?
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
Roffu
Profile Joined April 2011
United States143 Posts
June 06 2011 04:55 GMT
#28129
Is the LosirA vs MMA vod on there, the finals? or is that the game they faced each other previously? :\ I'm confusss
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
June 06 2011 04:55 GMT
#28130
So when will the final results be posted from the consolation games?
Caesarion
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia8332 Posts
June 06 2011 04:58 GMT
#28131
On June 06 2011 13:55 Roffu wrote:
Is the LosirA vs MMA vod on there, the finals? or is that the game they faced each other previously? :\ I'm confusss


Yep, it's the one between Slush vs Idra and Cruncher vs Kiwikaki.

emesen
Profile Joined October 2010
United States256 Posts
June 06 2011 05:02 GMT
#28132
On June 06 2011 13:55 Roffu wrote:
Is the LosirA vs MMA vod on there, the finals? or is that the game they faced each other previously? :\ I'm confusss


its up.. it's the one casted by DayJWheat tho.. i want to see the Tastosis version up personally
may the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
June 06 2011 05:05 GMT
#28133
Did MLG ever release any info about stream viewers or anything? I feel like this probably hit 100k but I want confirmation.

God damn this was such an epic tournament. I just hope SlayerS/IM will fork over the money to send MMA and LosirA to anaheim. I'm sure MC will be there but I don't know about the other 2. It would be a total shame if they didn't show up.
elsemyano
Profile Joined February 2011
United States33 Posts
June 06 2011 05:06 GMT
#28134
On June 06 2011 12:59 shappens wrote:
more than 1400pages? but why i dont find the name HUK who stomped MMA 2-0 ??

now i can shout HUK as the real world champ.
go HuuuuuuuuuK!!!


lol IdrA beat HuK last MLG... guess that makes him the REAL real world champ. Oh wait.

I don't think MMA took his match against HuK seriously. I haven't seen much out of HuK in terms of macro games lately. Had MMA not gone for the quick wins with an all-ins, I don't think he would've had a problem.


On June 06 2011 13:14 ViZe wrote:
Well in all honesty, I wouldn't be too disapointed in our foreigners. Even if Koreans only eliminated Koreans etc. think about of whom we are speaking. July and LosirA are top 5 zerg in Korea, MC probably the best protoss, and MMA has the potential to be top 5 as well. IdrA tilted terribly in his series versus MC and MMA. NaNiwa was up against perhaps the best ZvP in the world against a player with a new type of strategy, and did fairly well considering this. Thorzain actually would have won his 2nd series vs. MC if it had not been extended.

Honestly if foreigners just put some more time and dedication into the game I'm sure some of them would reach the level that LosirA, MMA, July, and MC are at. Naniwa and ThorZain would easily be Code-S. Other European players such as MorroW, Dimaga, Mana, Whitera, Naama all clearly have a ton of skill at their disposal and just need to devote themselves to the game. IdrA needs to fix his mindset and he would probably be so as well.

Regardless, these are just opinions. I was very impressed with this MLG, and hope the next will be at least as good.


Yea, I think in terms of mechanics and decision-making (in-game -- not the leaving games part), IdrA can hang with the Koreans. He just needs to update his style of play. E.g. in ZvP, roach, hydra, corruptor doesn't work at the highest levels anymore, whereas bane-drops + infestors have been shown to be effective.

I really liked MorroW's style too. Surprised he didn't get further in the tourney. Though his greediness with droning can cost him games sometimes.

But yea, just a little more dedicated practice and players like IdrA, MorroW, Naniwa, Thorzain, Kas, Dimaga could give Koreans a run for their money.
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
June 06 2011 05:07 GMT
#28135
My only comment is that... MC is falling off ( I'm not sure if he has it in him anymore to win another GSL with this performance.... In the meantime, great job MMA!

I think they should make the series longer for the semis (best of 5), best of three at that level doesnt seem like enough, and they should take out extended series too in accordance with that!
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
kagemucha
Profile Joined August 2010
United States326 Posts
June 06 2011 05:08 GMT
#28136
On June 06 2011 14:05 DoomsVille wrote:
Did MLG ever release any info about stream viewers or anything? I feel like this probably hit 100k but I want confirmation.

God damn this was such an epic tournament. I just hope SlayerS/IM will fork over the money to send MMA and LosirA to anaheim. I'm sure MC will be there but I don't know about the other 2. It would be a total shame if they didn't show up.

Might be hard cause everyone had dual streams up =/ But i'm interested too. I think 100k unique hits over the weekend overall is possible, but definitely not at once. Prob 25k top (not doubling counting?)
tek_ger
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 05:09:07
June 06 2011 05:08 GMT
#28137
so three koreans on top

i feel kinda sad for idra, but hey mistakes have to be made, one can only learn from em
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
June 06 2011 05:10 GMT
#28138
On June 06 2011 14:07 ImmortalTofu wrote:
My only comment is that... MC is falling off ( I'm not sure if he has it in him anymore to win another GSL with this performance.... In the meantime, great job MMA!

I think they should make the series longer for the semis (best of 5), best of three at that level doesnt seem like enough, and they should take out extended series too in accordance with that!


MC falling off 'cause he lost a close series with the second best ZvP in the world (after Nestea).
No, just no.
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
June 06 2011 05:11 GMT
#28139
So could someone link or make a list of who finished top 5? I get confused by the MLG system. I know MMA won, Losira took second and MC took third. Did IdrA take fourth and Naniwa fifth?
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
June 06 2011 05:13 GMT
#28140
On June 06 2011 14:08 kagemucha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 14:05 DoomsVille wrote:
Did MLG ever release any info about stream viewers or anything? I feel like this probably hit 100k but I want confirmation.

God damn this was such an epic tournament. I just hope SlayerS/IM will fork over the money to send MMA and LosirA to anaheim. I'm sure MC will be there but I don't know about the other 2. It would be a total shame if they didn't show up.

Might be hard cause everyone had dual streams up =/ But i'm interested too. I think 100k unique hits over the weekend overall is possible, but definitely not at once. Prob 25k top (not doubling counting?)

Oh it definately has to be more than 25k at once. I don't see how this wouldn't have hit atleast similar numbers to TSL. Even NASL has gotten up to 20-25k before.

And the times of the competition were fairly decent for both NA and EU.

But yea, I guess you're right... there were times when I had 4 streams opened at once (both streams in both firefox and chrome when I was having stream issues lol).
Prev 1 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 649
JuggernautJason81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15640
Dewaltoss 118
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever309
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3498
Khaldor1936
crisheroes1191
Liquid`Hasu846
Other Games
summit1g3811
fl0m1106
Beastyqt682
FrodaN456
shahzam432
byalli246
KnowMe172
ArmadaUGS165
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC96
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie909
• WagamamaTV278
• Shiphtur234
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 2m
Stellar Fest
17h 2m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.