• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:40
CEST 17:40
KST 00:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9419 users

[NASL] Day 6-3 - Page 35

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 21 2011 04:31 GMT
#681
moonglade fighting!
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 21 2011 04:31 GMT
#682
wow nada beat naniwa!
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
NeonPeon
Profile Joined February 2011
93 Posts
May 21 2011 04:32 GMT
#683
FIrst of all, fantastic games today, thoroughly enjoyable. They ranged from the sublime (the Nada series) to the ridiculous (30 odd gatherers at 20 minutes due to a failed cannon rush into cannon contain).

But, given that Gretorp called out the obnoxious pedantic forum types on this issue, I'll have to come forward as requested.

Transpose is indeed a term used for chess, but chess actually just makes good use of the normal meaning of the word. Its meaning is to alter the order of a set or series of things, or alter the position of a thing in a series. In the context of chess it refers to the fact that there are many different standard sequences and openings which lead to the same position.

This is actually a very useful term when applied to starcraft, as you can employ both different specific tactics and strategies in the form of build orders, army stances and movement, to reach the same position, and in turn those positions afford a number of different other transpositional possibilities.

That isn't how Gretorp uses the word the vast majority of the time. He uses it as if it is merely a synonym for transition, or change, which it isn't. It can't just refer to any adaptation or change, especially ones that a player has forced on them.

Anyway, even I've reached the limit of my pedantry at this point.

Once the vods are sorted out, which I'm sure they will be, NASL will have become a reasonably solid presentation with a lot of room for growth in coming seasons.
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 04:48:03
May 21 2011 04:39 GMT
#684
A quick aside...
In order for (P)NaNiwa (3-3, 3pt) to grab one of the automatic spots in Division 3, he needs (T)NaDa (4-2, 3pt) to beat (P)Squirtle (5-1, 6pt), then lose to (Z)SLush and (P)Axslav, and for (P)Squirtle to lose another set to (T)dde. This is mostly because (T)Strelok (5-1, 4pt) essentially has an lock on his grand finale spot, with only (Z)SLush, (T)KawaiiRice, and (Z)HayprO remaining.

If Squirtle beats NaDa, there's no permutations where NaNiwa gets the automatic spot. If I am NaNiwa, I'd be regreting skipping out on week 1.

On the bright side, he'll likely be the number 1 seed in the playoffs.
Thank God and gunrun.
speezy
Profile Joined October 2010
11 Posts
May 21 2011 04:41 GMT
#685
I just watched the games.

+ Show Spoiler +
I have to say, the Naniwa vrs Nada games where not what I was hoping for. They were both almost the same game twice in a row, and I didn't really feel like they were up the caliber of game that I was expecting given the names that were playing
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 04:47:24
May 21 2011 04:45 GMT
#686
i think naniwa is a great player but not that good as everyone think, that hype of going 26-2 on mlg was against good players but not vs top notch players, he also had an "easy" path on the TSL bracket, lets see how he does on the next mlg.
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
freeloader625
Profile Joined May 2010
United States180 Posts
May 21 2011 05:10 GMT
#687
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.
NeonPeon
Profile Joined February 2011
93 Posts
May 21 2011 05:11 GMT
#688
On May 21 2011 13:39 Primadog wrote:
A quick aside...
If I am NaNiwa, I'd be regreting skipping out on week 1.


Thanks for going through the permutations, and I have to say that I'm glad that it may cost players to miss games, perhaps it will cause them to think more about it in subsequent seasons.
wzzit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States201 Posts
May 21 2011 05:14 GMT
#689
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.


Maybe you should go back to your friday night bingo games. Clearly the Starcraft community is too extreme for you.
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
May 21 2011 05:18 GMT
#690
Im still hopeful that someday we will have a life report thread where the casters are not flamed

Good games today, loved Slush game 1
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Mycl
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1370 Posts
May 21 2011 05:20 GMT
#691
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.


We got the point in your first few posts in this thread.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 05:42:00
May 21 2011 05:39 GMT
#692
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.

wow, your post is hurting esport.
For esport's sake you should stop posting. You prevent the growing of esport.


Anyway, is "crabs" having a different meaning in english ? In french, crabs are delicious crustaceans. Does this means something else in the growth of esport sense ?
wzzit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States201 Posts
May 21 2011 05:46 GMT
#693
On May 21 2011 14:39 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.

wow, your post is hurting esport.
For esport's sake you should stop posting. You prevent the growing of esport.


Anyway, is "crabs" having a different meaning in english ? In french, crabs are delicious crustaceans. Does this means something else in the growth of esport sense ?


Lol crabs mean "delicious crustaceans" in English too

I missed the live reference, but I think Gretorp was referring to the STD.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 05:48:24
May 21 2011 05:47 GMT
#694
On May 21 2011 14:39 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.

wow, your post is hurting esport.
For esport's sake you should stop posting. You prevent the growing of esport.


Anyway, is "crabs" having a different meaning in english ? In french, crabs are delicious crustaceans. Does this means something else in the growth of esport sense ?

Crabs is a nickname for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_louse in the US.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
May 21 2011 05:50 GMT
#695
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.


Do you know that Tyler said something along the lines of, If you don't give a shit about what gum you chew, then pick Stride?

And guess what? Stride didn't drop him.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 06:10:09
May 21 2011 05:53 GMT
#696
On May 21 2011 14:46 wzzit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:39 MrCon wrote:
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.

wow, your post is hurting esport.
For esport's sake you should stop posting. You prevent the growing of esport.


Anyway, is "crabs" having a different meaning in english ? In french, crabs are delicious crustaceans. Does this means something else in the growth of esport sense ?


Lol crabs mean "delicious crustaceans" in English too

I missed the live reference, but I think Gretorp was referring to the STD.


Gretorp was actually describing an "ancient chinese secret" on identifying the gender of crabs, because generally speaking female crustaceans are more meaty and delicious. What you do is flip it on its back and take a look at the abdomen flap. The female's is rounder than the male's.

[image loading]
Male

[image loading]
Female

Unfortunately the rest of us are rather juvenile about it.
Thank God and gunrun.
Sangyerians
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia248 Posts
May 21 2011 05:54 GMT
#697
On May 21 2011 13:31 L3g3nd_ wrote:
wow nada beat naniwa!

That's hardly an upset. I got downvoted to hell by the Reddit circlejerk that is r/starcraft when I said foreign players still aren't as amazing as Korean players. What I mean is that while they compete well and probably have players who would do really well against Korean players, but giving Naniwa short odds over NaDa is going a bit too far.
http://www.justin.tv/sangyerians
McBrungus
Profile Joined April 2011
United States265 Posts
May 21 2011 05:54 GMT
#698
Do you know that Tyler said something along the lines of, If you don't give a shit about what gum you chew, then pick Stride?

And guess what? Stride didn't drop him.


I was thissssssssssssssssssssssssssss close to bringing that up. One of my favorite SotG moments by far.
So I says to Mabel, I says...
freeloader625
Profile Joined May 2010
United States180 Posts
May 21 2011 06:02 GMT
#699
On May 21 2011 14:50 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.


Do you know that Tyler said something along the lines of, If you don't give a shit about what gum you chew, then pick Stride?

And guess what? Stride didn't drop him.


I fail to see how that hurts Strike in any way. Logically speaking that's a direct promotion.
Sight-
Profile Joined January 2011
184 Posts
May 21 2011 06:11 GMT
#700
On May 21 2011 15:02 freeloader625 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:50 jmbthirteen wrote:
On May 21 2011 14:10 freeloader625 wrote:
Alright I guess this will be the face of eSports: Gretorp going on air and talking about crabs. Even if the current SC2 community takes this well it doesn't help eSports. eSports will forever be a joke with these joke casters.

I wonder how sponsors feel about eSports? "Oh hey this game seems promising, no wait, this is clearly a joke, these casters are incredibly immature thus the players must be as such. I'll let my product be represented by something else instead."

I wonder how if LiquidTyler went on air and talked about crabs. I wonder how fast Stride gum would drop him?

You are responsible for your actions, even if you aren't old enough to realize that yet.


Do you know that Tyler said something along the lines of, If you don't give a shit about what gum you chew, then pick Stride?

And guess what? Stride didn't drop him.


I fail to see how that hurts Strike in any way. Logically speaking that's a direct promotion.
How would talking about crabs hurt stride?....
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 424
SteadfastSC414
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 397
ProTech151
Rex 117
CosmosSc2 48
UpATreeSC 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 26
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1684
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
x6flipin753
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1925
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2943
singsing2081
B2W.Neo909
hiko884
byalli430
Liquid`VortiX168
KnowMe114
QueenE88
Mew2King70
Trikslyr33
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• mYiSmile114
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis1987
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur332
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 21m
OSC
21h 21m
Stellar Fest
21h 21m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.