• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7608 users

ST_Bomber vs. White-Ra $150 iCCup TV Showmatch! - Page 22

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
April 01 2011 03:06 GMT
#421
maybe they got rid of the rule now that idra is gone
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
April 01 2011 03:08 GMT
#422
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
April 01 2011 03:10 GMT
#423
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


As a Protoss I can tell you NO ONE likes being complimented on 4 gating.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 01 2011 03:10 GMT
#424
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I personally thought it was a bit obvious that the comment was supposed to be sarcastic, simply because of the context, but I remained on the fence just because it was WhiteRa saying it. Like you said, if you compliment someone for doing something cheesy, it's incredibly easy to interpret as sarcasm. "Wow, your cannon rush is excellent." "Wow, your 2rax SCV all-in is so gosu". What makes those any different from "Wow, your 4gate is so good" other than how 4gate is arguable a bit less cheesy?
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
April 01 2011 03:11 GMT
#425
On April 01 2011 12:06 Itsmedudeman wrote:
maybe they got rid of the rule now that idra is gone


Hahaha. Well, to his credit, I believe Idra has actually typed GG in every GSL game he lost. That is, unless there really is a rule that forces players to type GG before leaving the game.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:14:04
April 01 2011 03:12 GMT
#426
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:27:09
April 01 2011 03:23 GMT
#427
On April 01 2011 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.

To clarify, I did not think it was a genuine compliment but rather a backhanded compliment. In other words - an insult disguised as a compliment.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:27:19
April 01 2011 03:27 GMT
#428
On April 01 2011 12:23 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.

To clarify, I did not think it was a genuine compliment but rather a backhanded compliment. In other words - a compliment disguised as an insult.


Ah okay. After watching that video, do you still feel that way? I consider White-Ra to be a very genuine person, and I can't really picture him trying to cross language barriers, conquering reverse-sarcasm, and dealing out a backhanded compliment, when he could have just said "gg" like always if he meant it. But I could be wrong.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:38:18
April 01 2011 03:33 GMT
#429
On April 01 2011 11:20 Logo2010 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:13 iamke55 wrote:
I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. This guy took MC to a game 7, in a patch that contained Khaydarin Amulet.

Yeah he must of been a happy camper when KA finally got removed. Free ownage for Bomber.

Wait until everyone starts copying his style and then P gets QQed again, then Terran gets nerf and round and round we gooo!


His style? LOL!

You really think just any Terran out there on ladder can match what Bomber has? It's more than just a simple unit composition or build order or opening tactical play. It's his scouting, his attack timings, his responses, his expansion timings - his decision making in general - his micro, his macro. It's because he's good. That's why he's winning. Protoss aren't going to "QQ" simply because one Terran that happens to bring a unique set of abilities happens to be stomping Protoss left and right, at least for the time being.


On April 01 2011 11:26 00Visor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 11:22 HolyArrow wrote:
Holy shit. The fact that Bomber dominated so hard here yet got pretty badly and very convincingly schooled by Ryung really makes the SlayerS team seem even better (or Bomber was really off his game that day)


Hm, ya, don't judge anything off one game. Look at Bombers game history: http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/players/561_Bobby M. Ber


Um... His recent game history is pretty spectacular. ~79% winning rate overall, with 90% against Protoss.
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
April 01 2011 03:37 GMT
#430
On April 01 2011 12:27 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 12:23 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.

To clarify, I did not think it was a genuine compliment but rather a backhanded compliment. In other words - a compliment disguised as an insult.


Ah okay. After watching that video, do you still feel that way? I consider White-Ra to be a very genuine person, and I can't really picture him trying to cross language barriers, conquering reverse-sarcasm, and dealing out a backhanded compliment, when he could have just said "gg" like always if he meant it. But I could be wrong.

Sorry, edited my previous post for clarity.

I'm not judging White-Ra as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy but for this one instance, frustration gets the better of him and he ends up insulting another player. It happens. Jinro blew up last night but managed not to BM the other player(probably was being harder on himself). It happens.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
April 01 2011 03:37 GMT
#431
no man, just play as good as bomber, easy
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:41:21
April 01 2011 03:40 GMT
#432
On April 01 2011 12:37 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 12:27 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:23 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:28 deerpark87 wrote:
WhiteRa 4gate after what he say at gsl? gosu...


The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.

To clarify, I did not think it was a genuine compliment but rather a backhanded compliment. In other words - a compliment disguised as an insult.


Ah okay. After watching that video, do you still feel that way? I consider White-Ra to be a very genuine person, and I can't really picture him trying to cross language barriers, conquering reverse-sarcasm, and dealing out a backhanded compliment, when he could have just said "gg" like always if he meant it. But I could be wrong.

Sorry, edited my previous post for clarity.

I'm not judging White-Ra as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy but for this one instance, frustration gets the better of him and he ends up insulting another player. It happens. Jinro blew up last night but managed not to BM the other player(probably was being harder on himself). It happens.

"it happens" is not an excuse to do it on a televised match considering no one else has EVER done that in GSL previously, and I couldn't see any other player except idra saying something like that

he's representing himself, his team, his country in the world GSL

honestly, whitera needs to get over it, he was outplayed, outmicro'd, whatever you want to call it when he knew it was coming 100%
nat
Profile Joined September 2010
216 Posts
April 01 2011 03:42 GMT
#433
Bomber is godly....i thought TvP is hopeless. He makes it looks like a joke
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
April 01 2011 03:49 GMT
#434
On April 01 2011 12:40 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 12:37 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:27 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:23 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 12:08 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:40 Sein wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On April 01 2011 11:31 00Visor wrote:
[quote]

The "gosu 4gate" was a totally serious compliment by White-Ra. He would never whine.
And 4gate is a strong part of the game, so don't whine either.


Actually, White-Ra confirmed in an interview that his comment was a whine, not a compliment. Many people, including myself, were shocked, considering he's well-known for being extremely good-mannered. He felt that the 4gate was too simple a strategy and he was hoping to play a longer game. However, he shouldn't have been caught off guard by it.


Thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering about that myself after watching the White-Ra vs. San series. If it was Idra saying something like that, I would've assumed that it was just another one of those "very useful skill toi have" type of ragequit, but since it was White-Ra and all, I wasn't sure if he actually meant to compliment San. I guess everyone rages every once in a while.


That's exactly what I had first posted after the match ended (along with many others), comparing the assumed tone of an IdrA post to that of a White-Ra post. We all thought he was being sincere lol. Whoops >.>

Even those who are known to stay calm, cool, and collected can lose it, it seems. I don't always blame them, either. Definitely high pressure situations.

I viewed it as a backhanded compliment. Just imagine yourself being a protoss player getting complimented on your 4gate. Or complimenting a terran for a bunker rush. But that's what terrans do - they bunker rush! And that's what protosses do - they 4gate! To unnecessarily compliment them for something they would naturally do is BM. I don't have anything against BM, I find it rather funny. However, White-Ra has tried to maintain an image of being well mannered.


I had initially thought of it as a compliment too, until I saw Kelly Milkies's interview with him, where he was clearly pissed at getting 4gated.

http://www.justin.tv/kellymilkies/b/282628325 First 2 minutes... explains White-Ra's comment against San. This leads me (and most people on the other thread, regardless of White-Ra's golden reputation and initial thought of his tone) to believe that he was being sarcastic.

To clarify, I did not think it was a genuine compliment but rather a backhanded compliment. In other words - a compliment disguised as an insult.


Ah okay. After watching that video, do you still feel that way? I consider White-Ra to be a very genuine person, and I can't really picture him trying to cross language barriers, conquering reverse-sarcasm, and dealing out a backhanded compliment, when he could have just said "gg" like always if he meant it. But I could be wrong.

Sorry, edited my previous post for clarity.

I'm not judging White-Ra as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy but for this one instance, frustration gets the better of him and he ends up insulting another player. It happens. Jinro blew up last night but managed not to BM the other player(probably was being harder on himself). It happens.

"it happens" is not an excuse to do it on a televised match considering no one else has EVER done that in GSL previously, and I couldn't see any other player except idra saying something like that

he's representing himself, his team, his country in the world GSL

honestly, whitera needs to get over it, he was outplayed, outmicro'd, whatever you want to call it when he knew it was coming 100%

I agree with you and I'm not saying it's an excuse. I only say that it's understandable since no doubt many of us have had the same feeling. It happened, get over it and move on. This incident is an anomaly. If it were to become the norm, I would be concerned
GwSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1997 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:51:37
April 01 2011 03:51 GMT
#435
Just felt like adding, great job by ICCup with this, don't often get to see a series like this without the question of lag.
Also, I was totally unfamiliar with those maps but I thought they looked very well designed for the most part.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 03:54:12
April 01 2011 03:53 GMT
#436
On April 01 2011 12:51 GwSC wrote:
Just felt like adding, great job by ICCup with this, don't often get to see a series like this without the question of lag.
Also, I was totally unfamiliar with those maps but I thought they looked very well designed for the most part.



Thank you sir! Be sure to check out Nationvoice as well as they let an event like this happen! Glad you enjoyed it! And always good to hear about our maps so thanks again! :D
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
April 01 2011 04:01 GMT
#437
Gj Bomber.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
April 01 2011 04:12 GMT
#438
It's so weird that some Terrans totally understand this matchup where-as others look clueless and lose to much lesser players. Every Terran can learn something from Bomber. Thanks for the great series, was a great watch!
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
April 01 2011 04:14 GMT
#439
Oh damn, missed this
Were the games good?
HowSoOnIsNow
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada480 Posts
April 01 2011 04:20 GMT
#440
What's funny is that the only game we saw White Ra win today was with the help of our good friend the four gate....just saying....
Real mens play Zerg.. Startale fighting.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
ComeBackTV 1059
IntoTheiNu 1026
SteadfastSC797
TaKeTV 532
IndyStarCraft 173
Rex156
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 797
IndyStarCraft 173
Rex 156
ProTech130
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46932
Bisu 2108
Horang2 1180
EffOrt 1001
Hyuk 631
Soma 606
BeSt 519
Shuttle 510
Mini 487
Light 428
[ Show more ]
Larva 348
ZerO 196
Rush 189
Leta 90
firebathero 82
Mong 76
Snow 59
910 57
Pusan 53
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Trap 24
Terrorterran 22
Shine 19
Liquid`Ret 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7951
qojqva1403
Counter-Strike
Fnx 811
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1516
Khaldor1127
Lowko451
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1272
Beastyqt551
B2W.Neo426
Livibee200
Hui .179
Liquid`VortiX140
XaKoH 135
ArmadaUGS115
KnowMe107
Mew2King81
QueenE72
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 30
• Gemini_19 11
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3757
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 46m
Online Event
19h 46m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.