• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9166 users

[GSL] S3 Ro64 Day 1 - Page 159

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 164 Next
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
November 22 2010 21:12 GMT
#3161
I think it's fucking hilarious that people basically want suzyn waldman and john sterling to commentate their games. Tastosis is the best I could ask for
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
November 22 2010 21:13 GMT
#3162
SEN! <3 Excited about Season 3. When does the lone Random player play?
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
ch0c0b0fr34k
Profile Joined October 2010
United States452 Posts
November 22 2010 21:14 GMT
#3163
WOW! Games today starting at 8:00 P.M. PST, no more waiting until 1 am to watch!~
Pew pew!
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
November 22 2010 21:16 GMT
#3164
Ughhh from last nights games I can definitely say I'm not super excited about the decision to remove map vetoing.
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
November 22 2010 21:19 GMT
#3165
Can you somebody tell Tasteless to study up on this game? I didn't watch him in BW but I heard he was a good commentator. What happened? Most the times he had nothing to add and just agree with Artosis about everything.
cHicKeLoR
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany559 Posts
November 22 2010 21:19 GMT
#3166
hm... the new "no map veto" stuff seems nice.. but I really don't want to see more delta quadrant action... or steppes for that matter :/
teacash
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada494 Posts
November 22 2010 21:23 GMT
#3167
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 23 2010 05:54 Toriko wrote:
On November 23 2010 03:08 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 01:44 Madder wrote:
On November 23 2010 01:26 Siwa wrote:
does tasteless even play starcraft 2? seriously he didn't even know desert oasis is not in the map pool.. jisus

I'm pretty sure he was joking.. I hope, lol.

Anyways, awesome games for a season opener. Hope Jys comes back next season.


Tasteless often seems clueless about things he should know. How can it be that they're paid commentators but often get details about their tournament wrong? Tasteless doesn't even seem to know how to use a lot of the observer functions or at least forgets to even after months on the job. There is no excuse for not always leaving on the production tab unless he wants to switch briefly to check something else like unit count, army value, or income.

It looks unprofessional when a players hidden proxy tech midgame catches the observer by surprise because he didn't have the production tab open. Just last season I recall a voidray coming from offscreen but due to no production tab and not looking around the bases we didn't even see a Stargate.

Tasteless is fun to listen to but I hope he and artosis actually practice some observing off the job so they can improve their live observing.


I totally agree. Sometimes I just can't believe their lack of unprofessionalism, on live TV!! When they miss something once in a while, that's understandable, mistakes happen. But when it happens so often, it gives the impression that they (mainly Tasteless) don't understand the game at all. Up until now, I haven't heard Tasteless add insightful comments. Give your brother a call, he'll help you out.

Other comments or examples of unprofessionalism:
- Tasteless gargling powerade, like wtf?
- Nobody wants to hear the same thing over and over again about the supply depot placed next to the refinery or behind the mineral lines, we get it
- Stop calling viewers noobs
- Obvious biased commentary
- First season, Tasteless asked Artosis what the hotkey for the production tab was. As far as i know, it's not that hard to learn what the few hotkeys are, especially when you are paid to commentate!
- Artosis kept calling BoxeR "Fake Boxer" in his face, which i find pretty insulting. He's got skills, he can use the ID BoxeR if he wants. Seriously though, who wants to use an ID with Fake in it?
- Shameless EG or handsomenerds plugs. Can they do that? lol Either way i don't like it. Seems like tasteless cares about everything but to give great commentary for GSL. I know he's working hard to find a house in Korea for EG, but if I was in his shoes, i'd make GSL and learning the game my top priority. Not fired for lack of professionalism > finding a house, any day of the week for me. I just don't see how he benefits from staying on team EG, based on his understanding of the game, he's probably just an average player.
- and so on lol, can't remember everything.

anyways, just posting this and hoping that tastosis do see it, I like them but anymore of this bs and i'll be hoping that they get replaced.


Armchair nitpicking Toriko, thx very creative.
I hate to even touch this debate, but it's just too easy to show that so many of your points are BS and really stretching the limits of reality..
1st pt: Tasteless has to multitask on live TV, observing and commentating. Not easy by any measure. Oh, did you also ever hear of "Dyslexia"? . he has that too, k thxbye.
2nd pt: he doesn't "call viewers noobs", he merely makes statements directed towards the noobs that watch.. it's very important to make GSL as accessible as possible to new audiences, and yeah that requires rehashing things you and I have heard 20x before.. so what ?
3rd pt: he's probably ENCOURAGED to chug powerade on the air, as they are a sponsor and it is more effective marketing to see him drinking it rather than just have the bottle sitting next to his monitor all throughout the broadcast..
4th pt: who says a bit of bias is a bad thing? this isn't a friggin CNN news program or a political show.. when you watch a yankees game on the Yes network, those announcers are lifelong Yanks fans.. And I'd probably rather somebody who takes a liking to players rather than treats them like numbers and sets of accomplishments.. get over it
5th pt: Fake Boxer is not inherently a defamation.. it's just a stone cold observation of the fact that he chose to use a well-known ID that belonged to someone else, and it's necessary to say something to distinguish them.
6th pt: OMG tasteless forgot / didn't know an important hotkey at one point? fire him on the spot! It's not like he was HDstarcraft, casting 15 games a week since Beta was released.. He was a broodwar caster until GSL started..
7th pt: OMG he plugs his own clan like 4-5 times a season?!?! (depending on how far EGIdra makes it). You really are desperate for reasons to dislike this guy, aren't you... It's not like he's plugging EG's sponsors.. And yeah they plug HandsomeNerd because they can.. If the oversight allows it, then why not? There's nothing ethically wrong with that. Just because it wouldnt happen on a standard american news program or sports broadcast doesnt mean it's some insane morally wrong absurdity..


So what do we conclude from all this? (aside from the fact that your points are all flimsy and you're grasping at straws)
Well sir, that it's bloody E-sports! not ESPN2 with a finicky production team all trying to please the bosses and move up the ladder.

What a joke your post is, Toriko.
Nice try son. Better luck with your 30th post than with your 15th.
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
November 22 2010 21:24 GMT
#3168
On November 23 2010 05:36 Heimatloser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 04:36 CharlieMurphy wrote:
When you see it you shit brix
[image loading]
LoL

wtf 4k minerals?
is this for real? learn to macro, nestea;-)


Good look with that when you're MAXED...

BobbyPG
Profile Joined November 2010
United States35 Posts
November 22 2010 21:26 GMT
#3169
Well, if it makes a difference for the Tasteless complaints, he is officially called the "Caster", and Artosis is the "commentator", so Artosis is supposed to give the more in depth stuff, while Tasteless just play by plays.
NoXious90
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom160 Posts
November 22 2010 21:26 GMT
#3170
On November 23 2010 06:19 positron. wrote:
Can you somebody tell Tasteless to study up on this game? I didn't watch him in BW but I heard he was a good commentator. What happened? Most the times he had nothing to add and just agree with Artosis about everything.


I think he's always been pretty overrated as a commentator. He seems like a reasonably cool guy so I guess he endears himself to a lot of nerds on here, but in my opinion, he simply isn't very good at commentating full stop. I do like artosis though, often gives good insight and has a good voice for it.
exitusnow1
Profile Joined November 2010
23 Posts
November 22 2010 21:27 GMT
#3171
On November 23 2010 06:19 cHicKeLoR wrote:
hm... the new "no map veto" stuff seems nice.. but I really don't want to see more delta quadrant action... or steppes for that matter :/

sence there is no veto how does the picking of the map pools go? i was hoping they would talk about it or maybe i missed it? id hate to be a zerg player like idra and get hit with steps delta and jungle or something when another zerg like nestea or haypro (anybody rly) gets shakuras metalopolis and scrap station.

i would hate to see that kinda thing happen to some these guys, when i saw sens map pool show i was thinking this.
Huko
Profile Joined April 2010
United States324 Posts
November 22 2010 21:30 GMT
#3172
Tasteless is awesome guys, calm down. Go watch some of his solo commentary in SC:BW, so entertaining. Commentators are kind of like music, everyone has their own thing. Not everyone analyzes the game in and out like Day9, but not everyone likes hearing the analyzing either.
smegged
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia213 Posts
November 22 2010 21:31 GMT
#3173
Wow, can't believe that both JookToJung and TheWind were knocked out so early in the tourney.
"I'm usually happy when I can see Dark Templar, Its when I can't see them that I get angry." - Altar
Kickboxer
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Slovenia1308 Posts
November 22 2010 21:32 GMT
#3174
The casters are there to make funnies and cater to the casual.

Some of you prudish ultra nerds seriously need to relax :p
sammler
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom381 Posts
November 22 2010 21:35 GMT
#3175
Just finished up the Day 1 VODS. Most exciting game gameplay-wise was certainly Set 2 of the Nestea game. The terran (I read that it was MioWerra?) had a great build with great micro. As the archon said, if things went a little differently Nestea would be out on Day 1.

I really enjoyed seeing LittleKid win. I think he behaved how most of us would behave if we won at the GSL, and goddamn that is endearing amongst all these forlorn faces. Loved the interview.

I really like Maka's simcity but he seems to make unfortunate mistakes quite frequently. I hope he goes far.

"I wish I was good enough to be called bad by IdrA." - Moa
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
November 22 2010 21:36 GMT
#3176
I definitely enjoy the funny banter, but the production tab should always be open.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
November 22 2010 21:38 GMT
#3177
I would welcome DJ wheat and day9 for korean commentary... that however will probably never happen..... lol.
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
leakingpear
Profile Joined March 2006
United Kingdom302 Posts
November 22 2010 21:40 GMT
#3178
The hilarious thing is they've improved on the vast majority of genuine complaints, like the endless plugging, poor observing and tasteless trying to pass off the glaringly obvious as insight. There's just so little to complain about now, that doesn't just boil down to people being intently questioning of every little thing because they want to feel clever when they can point out something slightly wrong, that it's just blowing hot air.
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
November 22 2010 21:40 GMT
#3179
I agree that Tasteless is a MUCH better commentator when he doesn't have to observe. Anyone would be. I really think he could reach his full potential if they just used the Korean observer and he could devote 100% of his time to saying funny stuff.
teacash
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada494 Posts
November 22 2010 21:40 GMT
#3180
On November 23 2010 06:36 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
I definitely enjoy the funny banter, but the production tab should always be open.

I agree with the point that there should not be extended periods of time without it open..
But to say it should always be open is taking things too far obviously..
I wanna see the income / harvester count / supply, and unit tabs every so often.
You're an extremist when you say things like that
nobody likes extremists.
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 164 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 620
Larva 140
NaDa 61
Leta 54
TT1 14
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 809
Other Games
summit1g10415
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1389
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Rush1122
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 59m
INu's Battles
7h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
Replay Cast
18h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.