• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13520 users

Intel Extreme Masters Qualification Cups - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 65 Next
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
August 09 2010 13:16 GMT
#401
On August 09 2010 21:43 floor exercise wrote:
There's so many casters now and so many of them are so awful that to be considered good you just have to not be atrocious. Sometimes it feels like there's more people aspiring to be casters than there are players, and they don't seem to realize it is not easy being good and requires talent.

If I could give BigT advice it would be to turn down his mouse scroll speed and stop trying to select everything like it's the first 5 minutes of a game and you want to inflate your apm. Everyone does that sorta stuff when they watch replays on their own, but on a stream it's nauseating. He also tends to miss a lot of action because he's off selecting minerals where no one has a base and scrolling back and forth while on the minimap there's clearly a battle going on.

It seems to me like he really likes to lord over his channel, most times people are just watching it because there's no other channel, or it's something like the gosugamers official channel featuring some kid who forgot his ritalin, I don't see a reason to get a huge ego over that. I get a real douchebag vibe from listening to him. I am not trying to be an asshole, it's just the overall attitude he conveys on his stream. I don't know how much of it's an act or if that's just how he is, it's not very endearing at all though. I can't use Day 9 as an example, because he's like a casting paragon. I'll use HD and Husky, despite all their success, they aren't half as egomaniacal as BigT comes off


Thank god I'm not alone with my perception of the guy. For most of yesterday there were no other casters and I was "forced" to watch BigT.
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 09 2010 13:23 GMT
#402
well, i enjoyed your casting marathon, bigt. and the games have been great, so good work to esl on this.
:O
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
August 09 2010 13:47 GMT
#403
I cannot say I liked BigT as well. I would not use hard words that others used but he should be more professional. Sometimes he sounded like he was high or something (maybe drunk).

I also noticed him looking at some useless stuff while on the minimap some battle was going on.
BigT
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
August 09 2010 13:56 GMT
#404
Yo guys, just letting you know that I read and respond to the forums. I'm not one of those casters that got too big and forgot where they came from and stopped posting on the forums haha (won't throw anyone under the bus). But thanks for all the positive feedback. I will be bringing the semis and finals tonight make sure to tune in!! \0/
Big T
csn_beef
Profile Joined July 2010
United States132 Posts
August 09 2010 13:59 GMT
#405
For the record, we only allow Official Casters and ESL staff as spectators/observers (as stated in our rules and every SC2 news post about the Cup taking place on that night). This goes across all SC2 matches in any cup. This is to prevent lag, cheating, and be fair for everyone. We have provide streams and players should be uploading replays so you'll always have a way to see a match. Doing what those players did last night was selfish and we aren't afraid to bring out the ban hammer so please respect the players, staff, casters, and viewers by listening. Thank you
CSN Head SC2 Admin
AcOrP
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria148 Posts
August 09 2010 14:05 GMT
#406
come on whats this flame for BigT, who want all the serious high level commentary, I felt BigT alot closer to the community not acting like big deal. chating with the viewers..anyway most casual gamers don't realy feel the need for very high level analysis, and it was quite fun,HD and husky are great casters too, day[9] too. And showing HuK MSN on stream was kinda mistake but hey BigT is the bridge between pros and the people.And I realy enjoyed his cast. About the lagg I realy think blizzard should make some sort of lagg free play with higher number spectators, Like in CS you get one observer that work like a game streaming so casters aren't actualy in the game but in another game.
wuddersup
Profile Joined July 2010
United States228 Posts
August 09 2010 14:19 GMT
#407
I agree with the crazy fast mouse scroll speed for BigT. I was getting headaches when he was rapidly moving around trying to pinpoint on a location. I also agree that the spamming APM on the workers in the beginning is kind of annoying and pointless. And the ooking at random places on the map a lot instead of the actual battles. Other than that, solid and funny casting, which I enjoy!
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 17:19:31
August 09 2010 14:27 GMT
#408
On August 09 2010 22:16 ChickenLips wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 21:43 floor exercise wrote:
There's so many casters now and so many of them are so awful that to be considered good you just have to not be atrocious. Sometimes it feels like there's more people aspiring to be casters than there are players, and they don't seem to realize it is not easy being good and requires talent.

If I could give BigT advice it would be to turn down his mouse scroll speed and stop trying to select everything like it's the first 5 minutes of a game and you want to inflate your apm. Everyone does that sorta stuff when they watch replays on their own, but on a stream it's nauseating. He also tends to miss a lot of action because he's off selecting minerals where no one has a base and scrolling back and forth while on the minimap there's clearly a battle going on.

It seems to me like he really likes to lord over his channel, most times people are just watching it because there's no other channel, or it's something like the gosugamers official channel featuring some kid who forgot his ritalin, I don't see a reason to get a huge ego over that. I get a real douchebag vibe from listening to him. I am not trying to be an asshole, it's just the overall attitude he conveys on his stream. I don't know how much of it's an act or if that's just how he is, it's not very endearing at all though. I can't use Day 9 as an example, because he's like a casting paragon. I'll use HD and Husky, despite all their success, they aren't half as egomaniacal as BigT comes off


Thank god I'm not alone with my perception of the guy. For most of yesterday there were no other casters and I was "forced" to watch BigT.


This. The biggest problem I found was the he actually minimized the damn game to mod his chat channel. Not only that, he misses way too much action, and he constantly has his AIM/Skype going off in the background, and types to people while in-game. Being casual and talking to your viewers and whatnot is fine, just don't miss the important shit. We don't want to see you updating your Twitter or modding the damn chat channel, we want to see the actual games.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
moxley
Profile Joined May 2010
United States65 Posts
August 09 2010 14:39 GMT
#409
The OP of this post needs more information, imo:

-A link to the bracket for the current cup (and (spoilered? dunno) link to previous cups since this seems to be meant for all four). The ESL site that's linked isn't very friendly as far as finding brackets, unless I'm just an idiot. I know I found it eventually yesterday but it shouldn't require digging around.

-An updated schedule for the current cup.. it seems last week the cup ran too late and RO4->Finals were pushed to Monday on a whim.. this convention has apparently been adopted for the current and future cups, but there's no mention of what time, tonight, the games will start. I assume it's 8pm like yesterday, but a little clarity in the OP will go a long way.
csn_beef
Profile Joined July 2010
United States132 Posts
August 09 2010 14:51 GMT
#410
Regarding the casters: I'll talk to them regarding the issues you all have brought up.

Moxley: I'll have Trevor update the post with more information. What do you find hard about navigating the website? The layout or names of buttons? Any info will help so we can provide a better service for everyone.

If you want to see the brackets of a site from our homepage, www.nationalesl.com, go to "Play Now" and select the game you want (SC2 in this case). Then under "1on1", select the competition you want to view the bracket for. Then click on "Tournament Tree" to see the bracket.
CSN Head SC2 Admin
moxley
Profile Joined May 2010
United States65 Posts
August 09 2010 15:01 GMT
#411
On August 09 2010 23:51 esl-beef wrote:Moxley: I'll have Trevor update the post with more information. What do you find hard about navigating the website? The layout or names of buttons? Any info will help so we can provide a better service for everyone.

If you want to see the brackets of a site from our homepage, www.nationalesl.com, go to "Play Now" and select the game you want (SC2 in this case). Then under "1on1", select the competition you want to view the bracket for. Then click on "Tournament Tree" to see the bracket.


Thanks, beef.. the "Play Now" link looks familiar now (found it yesterday at some point). Also, the original link takes you to this page, which is probably still helpful for information purposes, but perhaps replace it or add an additional link directly to this page instead which has the tournament tree link on it. (In order to get to the second page from the link that's in the OP you have to click Starcraft 2 at the top, then click the link for the 1on1 competition).

I don't mean to nitpick, I'm sure the site is very functional and well organized, and the weekly cups are going very smoothly from what I've seen.. it's just that a link directly to the current cup in the OP would go a long way for dummies like me
csn_beef
Profile Joined July 2010
United States132 Posts
August 09 2010 15:05 GMT
#412
Anything to make the experience better for the community
CSN Head SC2 Admin
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
August 09 2010 15:27 GMT
#413
Are there any VODs from this turney?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
August 09 2010 15:44 GMT
#414
I've watched BigT once, his knowledge is pretty decent, but he casts like a player rather than a caster (I.E, what floor exercise said), and there is too much drama surrounding him in terms of trying to hoard viewers, etc that turned me off from wanting to watch his stream.

But he's 0989048090984350943x better than Puremiss so ;\
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
csn_beef
Profile Joined July 2010
United States132 Posts
August 09 2010 15:50 GMT
#415
Alpina: not yet but we are working on it for the future
CSN Head SC2 Admin
kajeus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 16:23:10
August 09 2010 16:19 GMT
#416
On August 09 2010 21:43 floor exercise wrote:
There's so many casters now and so many of them are so awful that to be considered good you just have to not be atrocious. Sometimes it feels like there's more people aspiring to be casters than there are players, and they don't seem to realize it is not easy being good and requires talent.

If I could give BigT advice it would be to turn down his mouse scroll speed and stop trying to select everything like it's the first 5 minutes of a game and you want to inflate your apm. Everyone does that sorta stuff when they watch replays on their own, but on a stream it's nauseating. He also tends to miss a lot of action because he's off selecting minerals where no one has a base and scrolling back and forth while on the minimap there's clearly a battle going on.

It seems to me like he really likes to lord over his channel, most times people are just watching it because there's no other channel, or it's something like the gosugamers official channel featuring some kid who forgot his ritalin, I don't see a reason to get a huge ego over that. I get a real douchebag vibe from listening to him. I am not trying to be an asshole, it's just the overall attitude he conveys on his stream. I don't know how much of it's an act or if that's just how he is, it's not very endearing at all though. I can't use Day 9 as an example, because he's like a casting paragon. I'll use HD and Husky, despite all their success, they aren't half as egomaniacal as BigT comes off

My biggest gripe about BigT is that he will routinely go off about how he does not like a particular unit or strategy even as a game is in full swing, going so far as to completely ignore the game and watch a random cliff or something for a couple minutes at a time. Meanwhile, on the minimap, we see all kinds of crazy shit going on.

Once, somebody told him in-game that the CHAT had been turned off by his moderators, and he alt-tabbed for several minutes to "deal" with the problem. The game was in full swing.

But he is verrrrry nice and big on thank-yous. He is very good to his viewers -- in fact, that's why he pulled away to deal with the chat situation. It just wasn't necessarily the best choice, obviously.

Anyway, I think, if people want to stream, let 'em stream. The more streamers the better, imo. I ain't hatin' on nobody. Thanks, BigT, for your epic streaming/commentating yesterday! It was a blast.

P.S. Don't broadcast players' Real ID info on your channel.
pro-MoMaN, pro-HuK, pro-Millenium
Shifft
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1085 Posts
August 09 2010 16:26 GMT
#417
BigT may not be the best caster in the world (though I definitely think he's pretty decent) but he is like a million times better than Puremiss, holy shit that dude is oblivious.
=O
Beren
Profile Joined June 2010
United States514 Posts
August 09 2010 16:35 GMT
#418
I can't help but laugh from all these comments about casters. I created a thread a while back about this very same issues and it got closed. Some of the things I wished they would stop doing was needed info BUT not during action that is clearly going on.

... with that being said... an average stream is better than no stream at all!
zguL
Profile Joined March 2010
33 Posts
August 09 2010 16:58 GMT
#419
On August 09 2010 23:39 moxley wrote:
The OP of this post needs more information, imo:

-A link to the bracket for the current cup (and (spoilered? dunno) link to previous cups since this seems to be meant for all four). The ESL site that's linked isn't very friendly as far as finding brackets, unless I'm just an idiot. I know I found it eventually yesterday but it shouldn't require digging around.

-An updated schedule for the current cup.. it seems last week the cup ran too late and RO4->Finals were pushed to Monday on a whim.. this convention has apparently been adopted for the current and future cups, but there's no mention of what time, tonight, the games will start. I assume it's 8pm like yesterday, but a little clarity in the OP will go a long way.


This.

I would really like an update to the OP. Do people even know there will be a stream today of the finals? I can't see anything on the TL.net calendar either.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
leandroqm
Profile Joined June 2008
Netherlands874 Posts
August 09 2010 17:13 GMT
#420
I watched BigT yesterday for aprox 7 1/2 hours straight and it was pretty good.
Aside from the "selecting everything and moving like crazy" thing that he did in the beginning of all the games, it was pretty good.
I really enjoyed his insights and I think he really seems to be trying his best and keeping humble.
He always asked what we wanted to watch and was putting a lot of effort into getting to stream what we wanted to see.

Thanks for the effort, BigT! We really apreciate it.
What are you tinkering about?
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings114
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
SHIN 182
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35848
Hyuk 1592
Bisu 1533
Shuttle 1335
EffOrt 364
Mind 362
Larva 300
firebathero 254
Soma 180
Mini 163
[ Show more ]
ZerO 150
Last 141
Hm[arnc] 92
Leta 90
Zeus 78
Pusan 67
hero 54
Hyun 54
Killer 42
Sexy 40
Bale 37
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 27
Aegong 24
sorry 21
zelot 16
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2541
qojqva1318
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 414
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1559
crisheroes327
Other Games
gofns34988
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1161
Happy231
DeMusliM224
Livibee115
ToD113
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8683
League of Legends
• Jankos1630
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 27m
INu's Battles
23h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.