• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8478 users

[UK&Ire] British & Irish Open - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 27 Next All
miganto
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom16 Posts
May 06 2010 18:16 GMT
#221
Out after 12 minutes... oh well... hope you do well Ourk, and i wish for a closer skilled player for first round next time.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 18:27:07
May 06 2010 18:26 GMT
#222
Stream is back up again

oh Livestream....

http://www.livestream.com/emperorscourt
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23440 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 19:12:15
May 06 2010 19:11 GMT
#223
Cool strategy from jdanzi there, going 1 gate pressure that looks like a FE build and then go 4 gate. I simply made too many zerglings and not drones early to be able to defend when he got cyber core. Never seen it before actually. Seems much stronger than teching straight to core first.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44332 Posts
May 06 2010 20:28 GMT
#224
I suck
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
May 06 2010 20:52 GMT
#225
I was quite nervous in my match, glad to take part, see yall again next thursday.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
NiiPPLES
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom201 Posts
May 06 2010 20:57 GMT
#226
On May 07 2010 05:52 Kerotan wrote:
I was quite nervous in my match, glad to take part, see yall again next thursday.


You played well, I think you could have used more scouting, I don't think you scouted me once after the initial scv.
Jdanzi
Profile Joined March 2010
England78 Posts
May 06 2010 20:59 GMT
#227
On May 07 2010 04 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              07 2010 04      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:11 Slayer91 wrote:
Cool strategy from jdanzi there, going 1 gate pressure that looks like a FE build and then go 4 gate. I simply made too many zerglings and not drones early to be able to defend when he got cyber core. Never seen it before actually. Seems much stronger than teching straight to core first.


lol thanks, I never been able to play LT very well vs zerg so I just try loads of different things and hope I get lucky
Gridlock
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom517 Posts
May 06 2010 21:13 GMT
#228
gj Flicky, Vilda & TotalBiscuit

Represent the UK & Ire. Good on you for sorting this.

Now to actually practise for next week.....:p
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
May 06 2010 21:13 GMT
#229
Just to wrap this up, the next match will be replayed from the 1-0 advantage that jdanzi has. We will probably delay it slightly depending on how big this patch is.

GG to everyone who played, I'll be contacting people to play for next week and cleaning up this thread to prepare for next weeks event.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23440 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 21:15:16
May 06 2010 21:14 GMT
#230
On May 07 2010 05:59 Jdanzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 04 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              07 2010 04      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:11 Slayer91 wrote:
Cool strategy from jdanzi there, going 1 gate pressure that looks like a FE build and then go 4 gate. I simply made too many zerglings and not drones early to be able to defend when he got cyber core. Never seen it before actually. Seems much stronger than teching straight to core first.


lol thanks, I never been able to play LT very well vs zerg so I just try loads of different things and hope I get lucky


Definitely wasn't luck =p it helps me a lot more than you though! Because I should by rights only be making the minimum lings to survive on creep and with the queen even vs FE build so if i'm engaging on creep without queen I overcomitted. [Larvae was a total non issue so squeezing out drones would just increase the roach count for defending the 4 gate later]
Feeling good about that because I'm already pretty strong vs both FE toss and if I can get away with making a couple drones extra thats going to make a huge difference. I'll have to look into how many lings you need to make against a constant 1 gate chrono zealot attack.

gg and best of luck vs ourk! You basically won 2 games but it's a shame Bnet went down when you were at a massive advantage in the first game.
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
May 06 2010 21:33 GMT
#231
On May 07 2010 05:57 NiiPPLES wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 05:52 Kerotan wrote:
I was quite nervous in my match, glad to take part, see yall again next thursday.


You played well, I think you could have used more scouting, I don't think you scouted me once after the initial scv.

I just didn't focus, I didn't follow my plan, and spent the whole game expecting you to make hundreds of Muta's.

As my first tourney game it was horrible.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
durecell
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom85 Posts
May 06 2010 21:41 GMT
#232
Big thank you to Flicky and Vilda for organising this. Sorry if I was bothering you with messages.
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
May 06 2010 21:45 GMT
#233
It was a fun tourney, cheers for organising it.
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
May 06 2010 21:48 GMT
#234
Was fun
FlashDave.999 aka Star
Ourk
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom298 Posts
May 06 2010 21:52 GMT
#235
so are we finishing this 2 night?
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 22:09:33
May 06 2010 22:04 GMT
#236
On May 07 2010 06:52 Iamgrunt wrote:
so are we finishing this 2 night?


We'll re-arrange it for a later date. Doing it right after a patch is not a good idea.

I've just finished doing the full brackets (check 'em out (Wiki)here I'll grab the replays, put them in a .rar and upload them afterwards. After that, I'll start on next weeks sign-ups (probably tomorrow).

Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
PaddyPower
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom82 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 22:44:13
May 06 2010 22:37 GMT
#237
ID : piratepaddy.paddy
Country : England
County : Tyne and wear
Race: zerg
League: gold

For next week please, unless someone drops then contact me
i r pro
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
May 06 2010 22:40 GMT
#238
Thanks ladies and gents, was a good night overall, save for a few hitches and Livestream's insipid fuckery. Looking forward to getting that final BO5 done, though I have a feeling some of those changes are going to really mess with the state of play.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23440 Posts
May 06 2010 22:50 GMT
#239
The sentry nerf is bad news for jdanzi it could make or break a 4 warpgate attack
stolensheep
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom306 Posts
May 06 2010 23:12 GMT
#240
Singing up for the next torunament, big thanks for running this! Gonna play alot more TvP for next time!

ID: stolensheep.abc
Country: UK
County: North Yorkshire
Race: Random/Race Picker
Current League: Gold
twitter.com/stolensheeps
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1377
ComeBackTV 530
SteadfastSC504
TaKeTV 433
LamboSC2320
Rex147
IndyStarCraft 145
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 504
LamboSC2 320
ProTech151
Rex 147
IndyStarCraft 145
BRAT_OK 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34536
Shuttle 2574
EffOrt 895
Horang2 841
Light 761
Soma 654
Mini 596
BeSt 342
Stork 312
firebathero 301
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 242
Rush 225
Snow 218
ggaemo 203
ZerO 193
Zeus 138
Leta 103
Pusan 82
Killer 77
hero 75
sorry 74
Sea.KH 55
Sharp 41
Shine 38
Shinee 36
Mind 36
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 27
Sexy 25
soO 24
Aegong 24
Bale 23
Trap 22
Terrorterran 22
Free 18
NotJumperer 14
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8554
Dendi948
qojqva908
Fuzer 170
420jenkins149
Counter-Strike
markeloff502
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1983
crisheroes1222
XaKoH 164
Other Games
singsing1985
B2W.Neo1007
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX176
ArmadaUGS146
Mew2King108
QueenE98
Chillindude18
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream101
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile16
• Gemini_19 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2243
League of Legends
• Nemesis2577
• Jankos2141
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• WagamamaTV163
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 34m
Stellar Fest
22h 34m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.