• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:09
CEST 20:09
KST 03:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

SC2 Strategy Recommended Threads: Read Second - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 13 2011 08:30 GMT
#21
On November 13 2011 17:28 CaptainHaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 17:18 NrGmonk wrote:
On November 13 2011 17:17 CaptainHaz wrote:
On November 11 2011 16:14 NrGmonk wrote:
Pretty much done. You guys can recommend threads to add. I noticed there's a lot less terran guides than ones from other races. o_O

So subtle.....almost like it didn't happen -.-

?

And so ends my attempts at internet humor, I should have bolded the terran guides comment or something. Idk, I'm tired and jetlagged and emp is stupid. Double forge builds are fun though.


sorry i think i still missed the joke/humor
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 13 2011 08:47 GMT
#22
On November 13 2011 17:30 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 17:28 CaptainHaz wrote:
On November 13 2011 17:18 NrGmonk wrote:
On November 13 2011 17:17 CaptainHaz wrote:
On November 11 2011 16:14 NrGmonk wrote:
Pretty much done. You guys can recommend threads to add. I noticed there's a lot less terran guides than ones from other races. o_O

So subtle.....almost like it didn't happen -.-

?

And so ends my attempts at internet humor, I should have bolded the terran guides comment or something. Idk, I'm tired and jetlagged and emp is stupid. Double forge builds are fun though.


sorry i think i still missed the joke/humor

Same
Moderator
Macpo
Profile Joined September 2010
453 Posts
November 13 2011 08:50 GMT
#23
May I suggest that you remove Sheth's guide in the Zerg section? or put it in a "historical" section? Because (with all due respect to this great player) it was written one year and a half ago, and I am afraid it's no so relevant anymore

"Courage consists, however, in agreeing to flee rather than live tranquilly and hypocritically in false refuges." G. Deleuze
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 13 2011 09:05 GMT
#24
On November 13 2011 17:50 Macpo wrote:
May I suggest that you remove Sheth's guide in the Zerg section? or put it in a "historical" section? Because (with all due respect to this great player) it was written one year and a half ago, and I am afraid it's no so relevant anymore



Yea i'll take a look at it later today.
Moderator
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 13 2011 09:57 GMT
#25
how about my 6pool thingy : ( took me ages :x
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
Chutoro
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand95 Posts
November 14 2011 04:30 GMT
#26
On November 13 2011 18:05 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 17:50 Macpo wrote:
May I suggest that you remove Sheth's guide in the Zerg section? or put it in a "historical" section? Because (with all due respect to this great player) it was written one year and a half ago, and I am afraid it's no so relevant anymore



Yea i'll take a look at it later today.


If you want something to replace it with, 'Zerg Mineral Saturation' http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=219257 is more recent and (I think) still relevant.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 05:42:17
November 14 2011 05:42 GMT
#27
Can some mod replace the current recommended threads thread with this one or tell me what needs to be improved with this thread?
Moderator
Latchy
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia121 Posts
November 14 2011 07:16 GMT
#28
Well done Monk, this is so helpful.

Just two suggestions that I feel needing adding.

I think that Hister's Immortal style would be a great addition to the PvT section...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=264470

...and possibly QTIPs guide to defending the 1-1-1, seeing as most Protoss players are having difficulty holding this all-in.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250379
"Screw with Nestea and you catch a Nes.T.D" - Tasteless
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
November 14 2011 07:27 GMT
#29
Nice, clean compilation. Thanks for the update. Beautiful.
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 14 2011 20:54 GMT
#30
: (
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
MysteryHours
Profile Joined September 2010
United States168 Posts
November 14 2011 23:30 GMT
#31
How about [G]Terran vs Zerg 1-1 16 marine drop for the TvZ section?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 23:38:37
November 14 2011 23:38 GMT
#32
Hey I have a zerg vs terran guide that I still use today http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211960

Deals with a lot of the parts, how to deal with mech, and all that sorts of stuff.
When I think of something else, something will go here
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
November 14 2011 23:45 GMT
#33
I see a ton of outdated guides that would be useless for anyone in the master league or higher (such as the ones I wrote), but this seems better than the previous thread so I'll sticky it.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 15 2011 06:50 GMT
#34
On November 15 2011 08:45 iamke55 wrote:
I see a ton of outdated guides that would be useless for anyone in the master league or higher (such as the ones I wrote), but this seems better than the previous thread so I'll sticky it.


I was rather lenient with my cuts to the original thread. However, I don't think the target audience of this thread should be masters players or higher. Rather, I imagine newer players would benefit the most from this thread.
Moderator
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 15 2011 11:51 GMT
#35
On November 13 2011 18:57 Bad_Habit wrote:
how about my 6pool thingy : ( took me ages :x


i think that is a good idea!
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 15 2011 11:57 GMT
#36
On November 15 2011 20:51 Bad_Habit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 18:57 Bad_Habit wrote:
how about my 6pool thingy : ( took me ages :x


i think that is a good idea!

I already pm'd you about it
Moderator
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 15 2011 12:33 GMT
#37
that's racism. no heart for 6pooler? (((((((
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 16 2011 07:41 GMT
#38
On November 15 2011 15:50 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 08:45 iamke55 wrote:
I see a ton of outdated guides that would be useless for anyone in the master league or higher (such as the ones I wrote), but this seems better than the previous thread so I'll sticky it.


I was rather lenient with my cuts to the original thread. However, I don't think the target audience of this thread should be masters players or higher. Rather, I imagine newer players would benefit the most from this thread.


Perhaps it would be best to make a subcategory "advanced", meaning strategies or such that are not recommended for lower levels of play where, for example, timings aren't crisp and such, etc., they don't have the micro, only work in specific situations, etc.

I think the 6 pool thread should be included even if the information is not provided very orderly, if that's the problem.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 16 2011 09:59 GMT
#39
you sir mr.monk really have to think about what the community likes, not only prefer ur own likes
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
Mofisto
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom585 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-16 10:29:30
November 16 2011 10:27 GMT
#40
On November 16 2011 18:59 Bad_Habit wrote:
you sir mr.monk really have to think about what the community likes, not only prefer ur own likes



What? Even in his own thread . Give over.

At the end of the day my thread (when it was being updated) started having far too many recommendations, and was becoming a case of quantity over quality. He was right to sort the wheat from the chaff, and I hope he continues in this vein.

At the end of the day he's in a far better position than you or I to judge which threads should be included.

nrgmonk- As a suggestion I think you might want to include a "historic" section with out dated threads which, while they are no longer 100 percent applicable, still include nuggets of information which could be useful for wider game knowledge.

Secondly, and this is more vanity than anything else, it would have been nice to have a mention in the op, seeing as most of it was copied and pasted from my thread.


Anyway, nice one for updating this thread mate
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 788
IntoTheiNu 567
SteadfastSC486
Rex91
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 56
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 152
Rex 91
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason37
PtitDrogo 37
MindelVK 15
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36143
Mini 433
BeSt 325
Soulkey 275
Rush 158
Dewaltoss 113
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 45
Killer 29
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
sorry 20
Shine 19
Dota 2
Dendi984
qojqva944
Counter-Strike
fl0m1101
Fnx 735
shoxiejesuss16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2504
Khaldor1738
Liquid`Hasu559
Other Games
Grubby3458
ArmadaUGS1663
B2W.Neo589
ceh9588
byalli455
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0123
QueenE93
Chillindude51
Trikslyr38
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 9
• Reevou 1
• intothetv
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix16
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3998
League of Legends
• TFBlade1049
Other Games
• imaqtpie977
• Scarra319
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 51m
OSC
18h 51m
Stellar Fest
18h 51m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.