• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:19
CEST 21:19
KST 04:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

[H] What am I doing wrong? Losing streak. - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
spamhead
Profile Joined August 2010
9 Posts
August 11 2010 19:51 GMT
#21
Well since practicing a build order a bit and watching some of day9's videos, I have ended my losing streak! (til next time!)

I didn't play as well as I would have liked to however. I tried to take day9's advice about using production building control groups and things like that, but I found myself fumbling over using them efficiently. Kind of got me confused, but I assume as I become more accustomed to them things will improve.

I was also trying to make an effort to keep my resources low, but when our armies clashed I was distracted and my resources skyrocketed. I need to work on that still.

Unfortunately the build order I was practicing didn't go exactly as planned since my opponent came at me with some early zerglings so I tried to adapt. As a result, this made everything get a little sloppy.
He dropped in on my mineral line while I was getting my expo saturated, fortunately I still had an income from the expo after I cleaned up his army. Having not scouting an expansion, I figured he was low on units and minerals at that point so I pushed and ultimately won from there.

Anyway, here's the link to the replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?8d8la1ygg4udrs1
Ignore the ending. I really wanted to kill everything.

If anyone could give me some feedback on where I was doing well and where I could improve that would be awesome.
Thanks for everyone's input!
Calidus
Profile Joined April 2010
150 Posts
August 11 2010 20:02 GMT
#22
Until you have atleast 25 up to 50 games played, expect to go on winning and loosing streaks, because the matchmaking system does not know how good or bad you are till you have played a number of games.
Note:1100 Diamond take everything with a grain of salt.
Aeroz135
Profile Joined August 2010
48 Posts
August 11 2010 20:49 GMT
#23
spamhead your latest game was pretty decent, the zerg was pretty bad though. one mistake was at your ramp the zerglings got a surround on your blocking zealot, them getting the surround defeats the purpose of blocking it properly. i know the space is a little tricky because theres a giant damn tree at the ramp on the top base so i suppose its hard to see how big the gap in your defense really is. also you may want to put a pylon near your backdoor, both bases have destructable rocks. he couldve just as easily broken that door as opposed to doing such a poor doom drop. youll notice higher level players usually place pylons/supplydepots/OL in a few key places around there base so they arent caught off guard by these types of plays. other than that just need to work on some micro, i notice zealots goings around his goofy sim city wall placement of building to hit the spinecrawlers in the back, while your sentry/immortals are just attacking whatever pops up near em.
spamhead
Profile Joined August 2010
9 Posts
August 11 2010 21:45 GMT
#24
Aeroz135, thank you again for checking out my replays. I appreciate it.

I suppose another building at the ramp would have blocked it better, but I panicked when I saw all those zerglings and I only had one zealot. I threw down another gateway as soon as I could and it was faster to build it near the Nexus.

In previous games I built a pylon near the rocks on that map. I will try to make it a habit. I guess it just slipped my mind this time.

On August 12 2010 05:49 Aeroz135 wrote:
other than that just need to work on some micro, i notice zealots goings around his goofy sim city wall placement of building to hit the spinecrawlers in the back, while your sentry/immortals are just attacking whatever pops up near em.

When you say this, what is the ideal thing to do in this situation? Should I be focus firing on certain things?
As you can probably tell, this was just an A-Move attack. I'm not sure what I should be doing to improve in the micro aspect.
Aeroz135
Profile Joined August 2010
48 Posts
August 11 2010 22:24 GMT
#25
im gonna assume you can still block that hole with 1 zealot possibly, sort of putting him in a "sweet spot" that technically has small gaps but not enough for zerglings to get through. for the zealots perhaps on the final attack id suggest using them against that force of enemy units that your immortal/sentries cleaned up while also being mindful of the spinecrawlers.

you had the game in the bag so no worries, but against a stronger zerg opponent he will make you pay for losing units like that in his base, especially if you just A-move, also by the time the game was won you actually did had a pretty low amount of units(i think maybe 3 sentries and 2 immortals?) so if he had the larva he couldve just q'd lings and taken care of that force assuming he couldve made maybe 12+ lings.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 202
ProTech150
JuggernautJason40
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20362
Shuttle 720
White-Ra 152
Hyuk 108
Dewaltoss 100
firebathero 69
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 15
Dota 2
Gorgc9687
qojqva1490
Counter-Strike
fl0m1493
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3247
Khaldor1194
crisheroes1120
Liquid`Hasu502
Other Games
summit1g4980
FrodaN1588
XBOCT279
ArmadaUGS185
C9.Mang0128
QueenE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 41m
Online Event
15h 41m
FEL
20h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.