• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:38
CEST 05:38
KST 12:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9294 users

[M] (2) Bel'Shir Waterways - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
August 29 2012 00:03 GMT
#21
I updated the OP with new screenshots, and the new overview as well as added the changes into the OP itself.

There is a couple changes still to come, but they'll have to wait till I have time to do them unfortunetly.
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
August 29 2012 02:54 GMT
#22
dial down the green fog, otherwise its good
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
August 29 2012 04:12 GMT
#23
did you modify the game data in this map? some things are messed up, like the infestor needing to target (click on) a unit to cast fungal.
starleague forever
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 04:24:46
August 29 2012 04:16 GMT
#24
On August 29 2012 13:12 a176 wrote:
did you modify the game data in this map? some things are messed up, like the infestor needing to target (click on) a unit to cast fungal.


I didn't modify any game data. It was made using melee map settings, and then moved over to arcade. I'll check and see.

Edit: You're right, but I don't know whats up and I need to go to bed so I can get up for work tomarrow. I'll fix it when I get home.
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
August 30 2012 23:47 GMT
#25
Infestor's should be all good now. ^_^
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
August 31 2012 17:42 GMT
#26
When I look at the map, I feel that it's pretty much lacking a few side bases. Right now it's really a decent map but easily split in half in TvT for example.
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
August 31 2012 18:06 GMT
#27
I love the islands, but how do you feel about making them a little larger so there is space for troops to sit outside PF range? Right now a PF with turrets provides next to no area for drops.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 02:15:13
September 23 2012 02:14 GMT
#28
Grats on motm selection!

There was 1 thing that bothered me about this otherwise cool/pretty/etc. map. I was wondering (and maybe if other people agree, it can be changed in time for the tourney) - where is Terran supposed to put his production facilities? The main is clearly undersized, which is fine if you have a big nat and/or 3rd, but in this case there is -also- no room for buildings in the nat or 3rd. I hate to make negative comments during such a fun / positive time for the mapmaking community but I figure it makes us all look better if the maps are in as good shape as possible in time for the big names to play on them. Cheers!
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Walitgon
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia550 Posts
September 23 2012 02:34 GMT
#29
biuriful.
BRB laddering ^_^ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brainiac_Br
Profile Joined December 2011
Brazil14 Posts
September 24 2012 15:45 GMT
#30
Aesthetics remember WC3, its awesome :3
=D
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 07:24:57
September 25 2012 07:13 GMT
#31
Updated OP.

Changes I have made include: bigger mains, moved the gases at the naturals, and ported over to a different document. The changes that I've made where okay'd I think, but I can always revert back to what it was before for MOTM.

The new document is, because of some issues with dependencies in the last one that had arose with the editor update from awhile back (the Infestor problem that I fixed). I double, and triple, checked everything and it all works fine.

I also removed the arcade version of my map, and I uploaded an updated/working version of my map to the normal melee map section. Just to avoid any confusion on which version is to be played on.

Thanks for all the feedback, and kind words.

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]


I'm hoping the mains are big enough now. It is a little hard to make them too much bigger without pushing out the natural a lot at this point, but if people find they're still too small (though they feel well sized to me in-game) I'll make changes after MOTM.

Edit:

Got a Main/Natural close up for everyone.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 07:25:26
September 25 2012 07:22 GMT
#32
if only that map was a bit bigger (island, third, main)!

Fourth and fifth are a bit close from centre possibly while three bases are quite easy to hold. I hope matches go macro often to show the middle and how it works with these bases.

Might be my personal favorit together with breaking point at motm(together with my own map )
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
September 25 2012 09:35 GMT
#33
I think that size looks better. If you wanted to make the mains and islands even bigger after motm you -could- stretch the horizontal bounds slightly in each direction which would give you the room you need without affecting anything else (other than barely increasing the airspace in a few spots). But I'm not really sure it's needed.

This is where some other people need to jump in and give their thoughts I don't like affecting someone else's map by myself. What if I'm wrong? lol
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft496
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft558
PiGStarcraft496
RuFF_SC2 181
SpeCial 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1038
Hyuk 57
Leta 34
Bale 31
Noble 21
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
Counter-Strike
taco 599
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox792
C9.Mang0306
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor647
Other Games
summit1g9623
Coldzera 818
JimRising 520
Sick125
ViBE63
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick722
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo810
• Stunt304
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 22m
Online Event
7h 22m
FEL
12h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.