• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:30
CEST 16:30
KST 23:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8986 users

[A] Starbow - Page 488

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 486 487 488 489 490 537 Next
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 09:23:02
January 01 2014 06:24 GMT
#9741
On January 01 2014 12:32 Laertes wrote:
Hey I know that music! That's from duels of the planeswalkers!


It's this:



Too epic to not be used.

The "Peacekeepers" people have shamelessly used it with seemingly no consequences so I'll try the same. I'll give credit ofc.

@ Bush

I send you info on skype. I see you live in Brazil, that may cause some time-zone problems. But that can also be good as Dec probably will be that other person and he is in the same timezone (more or less....)

@ Hider & Dirtybag

Could you try and play quite a bit of games after Saturday (or whenever next patch is up) with several different match ups and send me the replays? I want to include footage that is "real" and not staged as well, but it has to be fairly recent so it won't include stuff that won't be in the final Starbow.
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
January 01 2014 19:11 GMT
#9742
--- Nuked ---
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 02 2014 10:02 GMT
#9743
@ Xiphias


Great to see your making a hype-video. However, I before such a video is produced, we should discuss how the game should be positioned. In the video, it seems that one gets the impression of Starbow as the new BW. Im not sure that's the correct way to go about as that's kinda the role of Sc2-Bw.

Rather, I think I would prefer that we focus on showing players why they should play Sbow and not Sc2.
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 02 2014 11:01 GMT
#9744
Perhaps. I am open to other ideas.

I don't think we should compete with SC2 though. Starbow can be played in addition to SC2. I guess the most important aspect of the trailer will eb to show Starbow and not compare it too much to other, similar games. Hmmmm maybe I should drop the BW footage.

My "take" is that Starbow is more of an expansion to BroodWar rather than a "true sequel". We don't want to upset anyone, rather present an alternative.
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
January 06 2014 15:24 GMT
#9745
Hey folks, I am super busy nowadays so I just stop by to give you a small update of whats going on:

The new patch will be uploaded on wednesday because I am free from work that evening and can thereby complete it.

I will post details about it on wednesday. It will mostly contain adjustements of the things discussed in the last pages of the thread. I will also upload and update the maps some of you have sent to me. Sorry for the delay. : /

Creator of Starbow
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 06 2014 20:56 GMT
#9746
Patch HYPE!
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Doominator10
Profile Joined August 2012
United States515 Posts
January 08 2014 02:16 GMT
#9747
Misc: Hype bump :D
Your DOOM has arrived,,,, and is handing out cookies
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 03:09:47
January 08 2014 03:03 GMT
#9748
Oh oh I can feel the hype pressure : D

This patch will mostly contain small things though. The only larger thing is probably the reworked Ghost spell. I will make a a detailed post tomorrow, and some comments about the future.

It would be fun if some of you feel like coming online to play on EU. Perhaps around 20.00 CET? (Ca 16 hours from now)

(I try to prepare you already so we get some players ^^ )
Creator of Starbow
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 08 2014 03:55 GMT
#9749
*lurking here for unseen reasons*
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Sumadin
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark588 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 05:38:11
January 08 2014 05:29 GMT
#9750
On January 08 2014 12:55 TotalBiscuit wrote:
*lurking here for unseen reasons*


Well this should be interesting...


Edit: Oh yea and more info on extension mods here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/12316139/patch-21-preview-extension-mods-1-7-2014

Notice how Onegoal is directly mentioned as one of them. That should as far as I am aware mean that Starbow too should be applicable as an extension mod. You might wanna look into this Kabel.
The basic key to beating a priest is playing a deck that is terrible.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
January 08 2014 06:24 GMT
#9751
On January 08 2014 14:29 Sumadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 12:55 TotalBiscuit wrote:
*lurking here for unseen reasons*


Well this should be interesting...


Edit: Oh yea and more info on extension mods here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/12316139/patch-21-preview-extension-mods-1-7-2014

Notice how Onegoal is directly mentioned as one of them. That should as far as I am aware mean that Starbow too should be applicable as an extension mod. You might wanna look into this Kabel.

Techsy's been messing around with extensions for OG PTR. I've been in touch with him.

2.1 will sure be interesting for custom mods.
Sumadin
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark588 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 08:47:42
January 08 2014 08:42 GMT
#9752
May I recommend that we get the frontpage reloaded up with information.... like ASAP.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1up49l/totalbiscuit_said_on_nathanias_stream_that_he/

Stuff is brewing and with Mr TBs Hint above, it would seem that we might get a huge spike in views. Even before any sponsored Starbow event were to happen.

I would recommend Units, features, Current Map pool and featured Starbow Streams.

Edit: Oh yea and a link to the Wikia aswell, which should also be updated.
The basic key to beating a priest is playing a deck that is terrible.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
January 08 2014 11:42 GMT
#9753
Oh!

I better get to work then!
Creator of Starbow
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 08 2014 11:54 GMT
#9754
On January 08 2014 20:42 Kabel wrote:
Oh!

I better get to work then!


Let me know if you need any help.
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 12:01:15
January 08 2014 12:00 GMT
#9755
Kind as always, Xiphias!

Here is what I will do today:

1. Complete the patch (Most of it is already done)
2. Fix the map pool
3. Update the opening post with a general description of each race (pictures!!!)
4. Write a post here with the patch changes and thoughts for the future (like how to progress with the balance work etc)

Next step will be to update the Wiki. But I will start with that after todays patch. (Maybe tomorrow?) Here all help is appreciated!

Ps. Any news about the logo?

Ps2. Oh, here is one thing you can help me with:
+ Show Spoiler +
Come online and play tonight!
Creator of Starbow
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 08 2014 12:12 GMT
#9756
I'm getting logo tonight

I'll look into the wiki after the patch is up (so I get the right values).

I'll see what I can do tonight, I won't be online before 20:30. Really wanna stream though.

Also is "pathfinder" still up?

PS: Please get a working mic and be more online on skype. This way it will be easier to work on the wiki and generally get in touch with you. If you don't get a mic, just be more online on skype anyways
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
gCgCrypto
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany297 Posts
January 08 2014 12:56 GMT
#9757
welp, lets hope Starbow catches on!
Is forever ago that i played this but i´d love to see some serious competition in this!
L E E J A E D O N G ! <3
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 13:47:52
January 08 2014 13:44 GMT
#9758
Also is "pathfinder" still up?


Hm, I will look into the maps. Not sure what maps to keep. All of them? (We have ca 10 I think) Or just keep like the 3-4 "best" and most popular ones? (Then later on increase the pool?)

PS: Please get a working mic and be more online on skype. This way it will be easier to work on the wiki and generally get in touch with you. If you don't get a mic, just be more online on skype anyways


My old faithful laptop has been my partner since 2008. The microphone hole does not work, no matter what mic I use. It can´t record any sound. I will never swap her for a new laptop! NEVER!
+ Show Spoiler +

Ok, I´ll see what I can do.. :E

Creator of Starbow
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 08 2014 13:45 GMT
#9759
I'd really want as many maps as possible as long as they are all good. It gives the players more options.

Ok, let me back up. More than 10 is probably too many...
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 13:49:57
January 08 2014 13:49 GMT
#9760
I had an idea for the logo (rough draft):

[image loading]


GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Prev 1 486 487 488 489 490 537 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 33
Railgan 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51364
Shuttle 8390
FanTaSy 1930
BeSt 632
Horang2 515
Larva 413
Soma 140
Sexy 134
Last 117
Mind 98
[ Show more ]
Pusan 89
Zeus 85
ggaemo 79
Hyun 67
Sea.KH 64
hero 63
Aegong 54
Snow 48
Killer 47
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 21
Rock 17
NaDa 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4482
qojqva2427
Dendi1208
420jenkins535
XcaliburYe236
Counter-Strike
fl0m2977
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor901
Liquid`Hasu782
Other Games
B2W.Neo871
Beastyqt743
Mlord461
byalli407
Livibee220
Hui .193
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe79
QueenE73
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3697
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 31m
Replay Cast
8h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.