• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9473 users

How long have you been playing StarCraft? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9378 Posts
June 08 2015 20:13 GMT
#21
The full 15+ ! Since I was 13..now I'm 28 ^_^
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
June 08 2015 20:59 GMT
#22
Since 1999 with tons of breaks.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
June 08 2015 21:43 GMT
#23
On June 08 2015 23:16 Crownlol wrote:
Kind of a strange question. Did I play WC, WC2, and SC when they came out?

Yep.

But was I laddering on ICCUP competitively?

Nope.

So I've loved SC for the full 15+, but only began playing extensively on ladders in WoL.


Yeah, I played vanilla campaign before BW came out but didn't start laddering until 2008. I feel like there should be two separate questions.

Answering 15+ since there's not :p
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
June 08 2015 21:48 GMT
#24
US collector edition, in 2000
http://i.imgur.com/aGkkG.jpg miss you
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
June 08 2015 21:56 GMT
#25
Since 1998 here, i remember being excited for the expansion, which I called expanation, because that's how good my English was back then, lol.
Samba
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany452 Posts
June 09 2015 03:26 GMT
#26
2000 to 2013, but i´m sure i´ll be back at some point. =)
RIP Geoff “iNcontroL" Robinson, September 11, 1985 - July 20, 2019
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
June 09 2015 09:00 GMT
#27
3-5 here
Vasacast always in my <3
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
June 09 2015 10:21 GMT
#28
since vanilla. been reading tl since Grrrr... was #1
gamei>gamebugs>wgt>pgt>wgt>abyss>iccup>sc2
Stimin myself on a daily basis
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
June 09 2015 11:36 GMT
#29
Well, I answered 6-8 even though I played the game pretty much from the beginning. 6-8 is just the more "serious" period. Before that it was 1 week every 6 months.
Riquiz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands402 Posts
June 09 2015 13:02 GMT
#30
Shortly after WoL release, never stopped loving the game.
Caster man does casting on yt/RiquizCasts
VArsovski_SC
Profile Joined April 2015
14 Posts
June 09 2015 17:03 GMT
#31
On June 09 2015 05:59 sM.Zik wrote:
Since 1999 with tons of breaks.

Same ^)
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
June 09 2015 17:53 GMT
#32
OG!!

Sadly/Happily I have found balloons so Balloons have taken over all my time....Gaming time for me is way different for me these days...I watch events once in awhile or play games with my son on the rare occasion I play....

But I get to make video game balloons!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
June 09 2015 18:14 GMT
#33
Been playing poorly since SC1 vanilla
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
June 09 2015 18:36 GMT
#34
I'm 18 now and I can't remember if I started when I was 3 or 4...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
June 09 2015 18:51 GMT
#35
I think I got in to Starcraft in like 2009. A couple months before the beta came out.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Kitai
Profile Joined June 2012
United States886 Posts
June 10 2015 04:39 GMT
#36
I played Starcraft and Brood War since release for the campaigns and only very casually LAN'd with friends. I answered 2-3 years because I didn't get addicted to RTS multiplayer until WC3 and therefore didn't play Starcraft competitively until SC2 came out. Kind of a vague poll I think!
"You know, I don't care if soO got 100 second places in a row. Anyone who doesn't think that he's going to win blizzcon watching this series is a fool" - Artosis, Blizzcon 2014 soO vs TaeJa
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
June 10 2015 14:23 GMT
#37
Been playing SC1 and BW since release day! Played WarCraft 1 when it first came out as well. I'm old lol.
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
June 11 2015 07:05 GMT
#38
Since 1998 with breaks here and there. I guess it makes it 15+ years... How the damn time flies.
AzureKnight
Profile Joined December 2010
United States26 Posts
June 11 2015 12:09 GMT
#39
I was actually pulled in by the N64 version of brood war, a random pickup for my younger brother who had just had dental work. Since that was right as it was released in 2000, i barely squeak into the 15+ catagory.

I'm turning 30 soon. ;_;
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
June 11 2015 15:57 GMT
#40
On June 09 2015 06:43 robopork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2015 23:16 Crownlol wrote:
Kind of a strange question. Did I play WC, WC2, and SC when they came out?

Yep.

But was I laddering on ICCUP competitively?

Nope.

So I've loved SC for the full 15+, but only began playing extensively on ladders in WoL.


Yeah, I played vanilla campaign before BW came out but didn't start laddering until 2008. I feel like there should be two separate questions.

Answering 15+ since there's not :p


I bought Starcraft when it came out. Tried BW. But only became an online sc player in 2011
So 3-5 years :p

age of kings was the dope played online in late 90's/early 2000 I did not even know at that time that BW was played online in the west. (Elky played in Korea right ?)
<;o)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft505
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft519
PiGStarcraft505
RuFF_SC2 173
SpeCial 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1038
Hyuk 57
Leta 34
Bale 31
Noble 21
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox756
C9.Mang0293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor647
Other Games
summit1g9623
Coldzera 818
JimRising 556
Sick107
ViBE69
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo645
• Stunt278
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 25m
Online Event
7h 25m
FEL
12h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.