• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:19
CEST 03:19
KST 10:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9311 users

MLG vs Proleague who will win? - Page 9

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Yuugo
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands65 Posts
September 28 2012 14:54 GMT
#161
On September 28 2012 23:29 CrappyHippo wrote:
When is this going to happen, really need a date so I can follow. Anyone please?


It's called MvP Invitational on the TL calendar. it starts at 08:00 KST ''today".
BongChambers
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada591 Posts
September 28 2012 15:16 GMT
#162
This shit is like dead even O_O

MLG MLG MLG !!!
420
mage36
Profile Joined May 2011
415 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-28 16:27:46
September 28 2012 16:26 GMT
#163
KeSPA 88 - 42 MLG after the first week. (for some reason Grubby didn't play any games and still looking for a replacement for Stephano)

Edit: that's based from here http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_MLG_vs_Proleague_Invitational/Regular_Season
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
September 28 2012 17:55 GMT
#164
Heh, I remember this...
http://www.teamliquid.net/poll/index.php?poll_id=252
Liquipedia
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
September 28 2012 20:48 GMT
#165
you gotta be kidding me, this is still 50/50? >.<

wonder how much of that is foreigner bias and how much is people being delusional
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
September 28 2012 21:07 GMT
#166
I started watching SCII in the beginning even when KESPA continued with BW, I watched it just cause I loved every time the Koreans would dominate the foreign scene, because I didnt like the fact that there all these new users, talking about foreigners, when in BW it was all about the Koreans and for SCII to be credible in my eyes, the Koreans have to dominate as well. Now that the majority of (white) people have accepted that believe. There is this new battle of KESPA vs. ESF. For me if KESPA prso dominate SCII, it would legitimizes the game to ME. It shows that the guys who excelled at BW the MOST are also rewarded the most in SCII. We already know that thats not the case mechanically. It is simply easier to Macro in SCII, to cast spells in SCII and control armies in SCII. However if the BW guys do rise to the top then it would show that the skill ceiling is high enough that only a few can master it.

To people like me its like a no brainer that the KESPA guys are going to be the best simply because former BW B-teamers and a couple of A-teamers are dominating SCII right now. So I just watch for that, I want all these people proven wrong so bad. In part because I want them to know how great these guys were, and I want people to care about them. The example I can use is Grubby. I dont know who he was. I never followed Warcraft. I just know that some people worship the guy. I have no feelings regarding him though, I simply dont care. I would have cared maybe if he ended up being really good in SCII. So thats the fear I have, that people who never watched BW, that dont know Flash and JD. Will never know them and care unless they continue to dominate. If they do then those people might go out and look into their BW past and learn about them. Its the same why I hold resentment for some people who for example dont know soccer. Or how great Messi is and just how amazing his abilities are. I want for all the new SCII people to appreciate that about the BW guys.

At the same time I can see the SCII guys point of view. They since the begining of SCII have been watching ESF players. Some of them dont give 2 shits about the BW guys. A lot of might not even know the majority of ESF players were B-team or A-team KESPA players. So they ended up spending 2 years of their lifes getting emotionally invested in SCII and specifically the players. Then KESPA switch happens and people like me tell them to go worship them now. Obviously they are going to reject that. They would like it if people like me, could go and watch some of the great games in SCII thus far. Appreciate the comebacks, and rivalries and insane moments.

So I can see why this poll is 50/50. There is a lot of people that are just SCII guys and really dont want the BW guys to dominate. I do. Otherwise I will just not be able to enjoy SCII. I will simply not be able to accept the fact that the guys who dominated BW cant dominate SCII. And I know that my SCII friends simply will not be able to accept the fact that the BW guys coming over will dominate the SCII scene.

BW4LIFE
SmtPersona
Profile Joined September 2012
Australia5 Posts
September 28 2012 22:16 GMT
#167
51/50. The poll has spoken. May the odds be in Kespa's favour
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1965 Posts
September 29 2012 00:06 GMT
#168
kespa has this pretty damn sure I think... surprised the poll states only 51 /49 in favor of kespa, what are people thinking? those guys are real machines, no frat houses over there
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Typhus
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway122 Posts
September 29 2012 10:23 GMT
#169
By.Rain and Roro have proven that kespa players are already as good as their esf brethren. So once again koreans will own white dudes.
jinzo123
Profile Joined September 2009
27 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 18:31:57
September 29 2012 18:31 GMT
#170
This is PPV isnt it ?

pointless...
The_Darkness
Profile Joined December 2011
United States910 Posts
September 29 2012 20:45 GMT
#171
On September 29 2012 06:07 ChoiSulli wrote:
I started watching SCII in the beginning even when KESPA continued with BW, I watched it just cause I loved every time the Koreans would dominate the foreign scene, because I didnt like the fact that there all these new users, talking about foreigners, when in BW it was all about the Koreans and for SCII to be credible in my eyes, the Koreans have to dominate as well. Now that the majority of (white) people have accepted that believe. There is this new battle of KESPA vs. ESF. For me if KESPA prso dominate SCII, it would legitimizes the game to ME. It shows that the guys who excelled at BW the MOST are also rewarded the most in SCII. We already know that thats not the case mechanically. It is simply easier to Macro in SCII, to cast spells in SCII and control armies in SCII. However if the BW guys do rise to the top then it would show that the skill ceiling is high enough that only a few can master it.

To people like me its like a no brainer that the KESPA guys are going to be the best simply because former BW B-teamers and a couple of A-teamers are dominating SCII right now. So I just watch for that, I want all these people proven wrong so bad. In part because I want them to know how great these guys were, and I want people to care about them. The example I can use is Grubby. I dont know who he was. I never followed Warcraft. I just know that some people worship the guy. I have no feelings regarding him though, I simply dont care. I would have cared maybe if he ended up being really good in SCII. So thats the fear I have, that people who never watched BW, that dont know Flash and JD. Will never know them and care unless they continue to dominate. If they do then those people might go out and look into their BW past and learn about them. Its the same why I hold resentment for some people who for example dont know soccer. Or how great Messi is and just how amazing his abilities are. I want for all the new SCII people to appreciate that about the BW guys.

At the same time I can see the SCII guys point of view. They since the begining of SCII have been watching ESF players. Some of them dont give 2 shits about the BW guys. A lot of might not even know the majority of ESF players were B-team or A-team KESPA players. So they ended up spending 2 years of their lifes getting emotionally invested in SCII and specifically the players. Then KESPA switch happens and people like me tell them to go worship them now. Obviously they are going to reject that. They would like it if people like me, could go and watch some of the great games in SCII thus far. Appreciate the comebacks, and rivalries and insane moments.

So I can see why this poll is 50/50. There is a lot of people that are just SCII guys and really dont want the BW guys to dominate. I do. Otherwise I will just not be able to enjoy SCII. I will simply not be able to accept the fact that the guys who dominated BW cant dominate SCII. And I know that my SCII friends simply will not be able to accept the fact that the BW guys coming over will dominate the SCII scene.



Clearly the skill ceiling is high in SC2 since the same general group of players (which changes from time to time) consistently wins. There is something about the game that is hard to master otherwise everyone would "master" it, and no one would dominate but that's not the case.

The BW guys clearly will eventually dominate, not because BW was such a hard game or they are naturally more talented, but because they are on serious teams and will put their heads together figure out the optimal responses to early pressures, optimal builds, optimal late game compositions, etc. In addition, they practice 12 hours a day. No SC2 team in the aggregate is practicing that hard and most of top pros don't practice nearly that much. Just by working harder than everyone else the KESPA pros will start cleaining up. From what i understand of Korean pro game teams in SC2, they are not nearly as rigid or serious as the KESPA pro teams, which is why the KESPA players needed 2-3 months to basically equalize playing levels. Foreigners, on the whole, do not have the work ethic or appropriate practice partners to keep up with the Koreans, which is why foreigners are bad even relative to the GOM pros, except for the random genius (eg, Stephano). Assuming they keep up the hard work, the KESPA pros on the whole will be the strongest group of pros. It is inevitable.

To be is to be the value of a bound variable.
The_Darkness
Profile Joined December 2011
United States910 Posts
September 29 2012 20:56 GMT
#172
On September 29 2012 01:26 mage36 wrote:
KeSPA 88 - 42 MLG after the first week. (for some reason Grubby didn't play any games and still looking for a replacement for Stephano)

Edit: that's based from here http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_MLG_vs_Proleague_Invitational/Regular_Season


I think results would have been more even if they had invited an additional 6 NA players. I don't think they have enough NA pros. NA pros are ridiculously strong
To be is to be the value of a bound variable.
Cattlecruiser
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States340 Posts
September 30 2012 00:38 GMT
#173
On September 30 2012 05:56 The_Darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 01:26 mage36 wrote:
KeSPA 88 - 42 MLG after the first week. (for some reason Grubby didn't play any games and still looking for a replacement for Stephano)

Edit: that's based from here http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_MLG_vs_Proleague_Invitational/Regular_Season


I think results would have been more even if they had invited an additional 6 NA players. I don't think they have enough NA pros. NA pros are ridiculously strong


Wow. I hope that was sarcastic.

Flash has more skill/talent in his pinky than the entire NA roster. If MLG wanted any kind of parody they should have invited 2 NA (just to appease the NA fans) 4 EU (Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, and Nerchio) and rest eSF professionals. If they gave ESF players more invites they wouldn't have pulled out of the event.

Who seriously wants to watch Flash play Sheth or Sasquatch when he can be playing mvp, MMA, or Seed. MLG made one of the greatest things to happen to the foreign scene to a laughable event.
SEA KarMa
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia452 Posts
September 30 2012 00:53 GMT
#174
KeSPA players have too much room to improve, and they are improving everyday. Yet they have already showed us some brilliant gameplay, and it is only going to get better. KeSPA players!
"terrible, terrible damage". terrible, terrible design.
NET
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States703 Posts
September 30 2012 10:03 GMT
#175
Damn, roughly 50 percent. Go KeSPA players! Bit by bit.
"Dark Templar are the saviors of the Protoss Race." -Artosis
benzcity07
Profile Joined February 2011
United States79 Posts
October 01 2012 17:10 GMT
#176
Wow, very surprised by the poll being so close to 50/50.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
StickyFlower
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden68 Posts
October 01 2012 23:32 GMT
#177
I havnt found any streams to this event so no vote for me at all.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
topeong
Profile Joined October 2012
Korea (South)4 Posts
October 02 2012 02:38 GMT
#178
oh i think kespa win because this player have many Potentialityb
I belive the kespa player because before 3month ago many peaple said
Kespa player never win Gsl player but win

cheering woongjinstars
Toyman69
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada100 Posts
October 02 2012 03:30 GMT
#179
Really need to change it to GSL/Proleague/MLG players. Cuz no way more then 10% is actually the mlg players
Lee Jaedong fighting!
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-02 07:01:45
October 02 2012 07:01 GMT
#180
No such thing as MLG players.. Can't believe I went over 666 for this ;(
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 50
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9131
JimRising 562
ViBE228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1122
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 41m
Patches Events
13h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
OSC
21h 41m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.