• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:39
CEST 17:39
KST 00:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8584 users

What are the chances a non-Korean qualifies for GSL? - Pag…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Wings
Profile Joined January 2010
United States999 Posts
August 20 2010 10:58 GMT
#81
On August 20 2010 08:32 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
GSL would be flooded with non-Koreans if all the best non-Koreans played the qualifier. But since the tournament is so inaccessible, only a few lucky ones with awesome sponsors (like TLAF) will have a shot.

but the "lucky ones" aren't actually the lucky ones; they're some of the best of the foreigner scene hand picked, they earned that right with their skills. And considering how Koreans actually don't play SC2 at all nearly (I went to a PC bang and the manager said like... "you want to play SC2?? really?? uh its installed but no one plays")... I'm thinking there are going to be quite a few foreigners out there. But of course, i agree, they're not going to be "flooded".
The probability of Kim Carrier getting all those predictions wrong is similar to the probability Flash loses a TvT. Kim Carrier MUST BE a genius. His only big mistake... STORK.
illumination
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)248 Posts
August 20 2010 15:03 GMT
#82
well there is what is there 64 spots?? i doubt 63 players are better than idra esp since he beat tester and inca recently in tournies and is doing quite well for himself. TLO and (jinro?) are going to be practicing with ogs which are top in korea and definately going to qualify so even if idra dimaga sheth morrow and the tons of other great players dont make it TLO will stand a good chance
Welcome to TL - Where Terran have been teaching the Zerg / Toss pros how to play since Patch 11
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 16:45:32
August 20 2010 16:30 GMT
#83
Top 64 Korea is definitely not at a higher level than top foreigners. Each foreigner playing the GSL is a top 64 player with ease at the event. Variance makes it very likely that at the very least one qualifies but more than likely multiple.
Administrator
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
August 20 2010 17:49 GMT
#84
Foreigners should do fine. The game is way too based on innovation to favor rigorous practice schedules yet.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
TheEpicLolz
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada72 Posts
August 20 2010 18:28 GMT
#85
Yeah, I honestly don't see how not even a SINGLE foreigner could make it. I just hope the koreans don't end up cheesing like crazy in the preliminaries.
Lol :D
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
August 20 2010 18:34 GMT
#86
Well... since there aren't a lot of foreigners residing in Korea... there should only be a few who qualifies. I do hope everyone from TL will qualify

I wonder if Artosis and d.Apollo will also try.
gyth
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
657 Posts
August 20 2010 18:39 GMT
#87
Have any top foreigners confirmed they are going to the event?

What if something crazy, like the top 50 pros all make it and eek out a living in Korea.
How badly would that pants the rest of the world, from an entertaining competition point of view?
The plural of anecdote is not data.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
August 20 2010 19:37 GMT
#88
i don't think there are that many koreans who are on idra's level yet
revoN
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan804 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 20:16:50
August 20 2010 20:06 GMT
#89
'Not very likely'

excluding IdrA of course. He's been playing against Koreans day in and day out so he alone knows how to beat them probably... just saying that it may take some time for others to catch up to their style of play.
StarCraft도 Quake도 좋아해요.
Vexin
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania84 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 21:58:17
August 20 2010 21:57 GMT
#90
Whoever made this poll fails hard at grammar. I'd like to see some Europeans in.
Don't be so humble, you're not that great.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
August 20 2010 23:17 GMT
#91
As said aprox. 80 times before me, there will for sure be a foreign player in it.
I think IdrA will make it, but i am a total fanboy so ya.
I also expect Duckload to make it along with i hope SEN.
It would be soooo sweet if Tyler and TLO were able to get in but i am not 100% sure on them.

I bet at least one TL-player will make it, or at least i hope :D
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 20 2010 23:50 GMT
#92
With this much money on the line there's gonna be hundreds of Korean kids playing in the qualifiers. Idra's record on the Asian server is far from fantastic and he's easily the best foreigner.
It's really hard to call but by sheer odds I expect someone will make it. I don't expect much beyond that though.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 21 2010 00:03 GMT
#93
Definitely.

I'd like to know who came up with this poll. O.O

floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
August 21 2010 03:05 GMT
#94
Hard to say without knowing how many foreigners are participating or how the brackets will be made.

I have to assume the field is going to be absolutely huge. I don't like their odds
red_hq
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
August 21 2010 08:39 GMT
#95
On August 21 2010 12:05 floor exercise wrote:
Hard to say without knowing how many foreigners are participating or how the brackets will be made.

I have to assume the field is going to be absolutely huge. I don't like their odds


Considering the Prelims are in Seoul EVERY kid 12+ will be there especially with so much money. So the prelims are probably going to consist of
1350+ Kids 12-17
700+ Asian Diamond Adults 17+
75+ Very good Koreans (top 200)
50+ Good Foriegners (top 1K on EU and NA conglomerate)
10+ Foriegner Pros (ie: TLO Idra etc)

so I peg the attendance for players well in excess of 2250. I agree the sheer numbers suggest maybe one foreigner will get in, the numbers are stark. These are just numbers I pulled out from under my ass though so who knows how popular it will be.

please note:
+ Show Spoiler +
THESE ARE MY ESTIMATES BASED ON MORE ESTIMATES AKA NOT ACCURATE
Get some 'good' Dota 2: twitch.tv/redhq
ZenViper
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)115 Posts
August 21 2010 08:54 GMT
#96
I got the e-mail with about 86 foreigners listed. I'm sure there will be half of Korea there, lets hope not, because I don't want to wait around all day. I have a few friends coming that will take pics and stuff. I will post them up (if they allow us to take pics).
Qwerty.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
August 21 2010 08:59 GMT
#97
On August 21 2010 17:54 ZenViper wrote:
I got the e-mail with about 86 foreigners listed. I'm sure there will be half of Korea there, lets hope not, because I don't want to wait around all day. I have a few friends coming that will take pics and stuff. I will post them up (if they allow us to take pics).


Huh? What email with exactly 86 foreigners listed? You mean you actually have a list of who's participating?
ZenViper
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)115 Posts
August 21 2010 09:14 GMT
#98
It was just sent out to "foreigners" about being picked up from Airport and escorted to hotel (pretty awesome they would do this). I'm here because I'm military so I don't have to fly. I did have to put down USA on the form, they didn't have actual resident location so I guess they clumped me in with them. =)

There could be more, but there are 8X addresses in the to/cc field of my e-mail. Doesn't really matter as only 64 will make it and I doubt all will be the foreigners. =P
Malabyte
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway75 Posts
August 21 2010 14:10 GMT
#99
I would love to get TLOwned any day, just saw some TLOwnage videos it's just hilarious. He writes "LOL" and "TLO" etc with Auto-turrets and creep tumors, for those who don't know. :D
"I came, I saw and I got the heck outta there."
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4388 Posts
August 21 2010 14:12 GMT
#100
On August 21 2010 23:10 Zoroth wrote:
I would love to get TLOwned any day, just saw some TLOwnage videos it's just hilarious. He writes "LOL" and "TLO" etc with Auto-turrets and creep tumors, for those who don't know. :D


And what has this to do with the topic in question?
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 481
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30706
Shuttle 2414
Bisu 2120
Hyuk 1080
EffOrt 816
Mini 717
Soma 444
Larva 406
ZerO 249
firebathero 236
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Zeus 121
Sexy 60
Hyun 46
Mong 42
Pusan 39
Trap 37
Killer 32
PianO 32
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 29
Aegong 24
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 17
Terrorterran 16
Rock 14
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8985
qojqva1601
Dendi857
Counter-Strike
fl0m3081
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1368
crisheroes1134
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
singsing2054
B2W.Neo1035
Beastyqt662
Mlord326
Hui .230
Livibee200
Liquid`VortiX144
KnowMe115
ArmadaUGS113
elazer79
Mew2King79
ZerO(Twitch)17
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 69
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7905
League of Legends
• Jankos1730
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
• Shiphtur211
Upcoming Events
FEL
21m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 21m
INu's Battles
20h 21m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.