• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8480 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 57

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 66 Next
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
September 11 2010 15:57 GMT
#1121
On September 12 2010 00:45 L0thar wrote:
Some retrospectively funny quotes

Show nested quote +
One of the key reasons why Flash got dropped this month is because he's been solved.
...it appeared as though other Terrans knew how to beat Flash.
Sadly, Flash's TvZ let him down.

But I'm aware making a PR is a hard job, you've gotta do a lot of calls which could turn out totally false, so don't take those quotes as a criticism. Plexa also made some very good calls:

Show nested quote +
I expect Flash to make the finals of both leagues, again. Similarly, I expect Jaedong to make the finals of both leagues as well..

and
Show nested quote +
And hopefully, by the end of September, we'll be able to definitively answer the question - who is the greater player?

Well, it took couple days more, but hell yes we are, and without a shadow of a doubt!


It wasn't wrong, watch last games month which is what the PR is based off of, it's not all predictions for this month, it's about what happened last month.
Hi.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
September 11 2010 16:26 GMT
#1122
On September 12 2010 00:57 d(O.o)a wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 00:45 L0thar wrote:
Some retrospectively funny quotes

One of the key reasons why Flash got dropped this month is because he's been solved.
...it appeared as though other Terrans knew how to beat Flash.
Sadly, Flash's TvZ let him down.

But I'm aware making a PR is a hard job, you've gotta do a lot of calls which could turn out totally false, so don't take those quotes as a criticism. Plexa also made some very good calls:

I expect Flash to make the finals of both leagues, again. Similarly, I expect Jaedong to make the finals of both leagues as well..

and
And hopefully, by the end of September, we'll be able to definitively answer the question - who is the greater player?

Well, it took couple days more, but hell yes we are, and without a shadow of a doubt!


It wasn't wrong, watch last games month which is what the PR is based off of, it's not all predictions for this month, it's about what happened last month.


I could watch them over and over and I still wouldn't believe for a second that Flash has been solved or that other terrans knew how to beat him. But that wasn't my point. I shouldn't have used word "call" for the first couple of quotes, but I still consider them quite funny, if you take into account what happened right after that.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
September 11 2010 16:27 GMT
#1123
meh SC is over for me
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
rigelq
Profile Joined May 2010
United States230 Posts
September 11 2010 16:37 GMT
#1124
On September 11 2010 22:09 ColdLava wrote:
I believe Jaedong should get #1 in power rank. His dominant wins over Flash in WCG were outstanding.


ditto
champignones
Profile Joined September 2008
Panama160 Posts
September 11 2010 16:44 GMT
#1125
I dont think anyone can say Flash and jaedong difference is slightly, i am sure if JD were the one who won the last two MSL and the OSL jd fanboys were claiming he is beyond flash, so lets be real and honest and if someone refute then he is a blinded fanboy

JD hasnt won A bo5 against flash since NATE MSL , and by encountering each other so many times, plus flash winning both leagues in one season, plus being in both finals three times in a row, clearly shows who have the upper hand( and by a pretty big margin). (golden mouse FTW!)

I am sorry but hearing JD fans in the past saying how awesome was JD in comparison to flash made me rage, but at the end i had to accept it, so that you, right now Flash is so ahead of JD ,and you cant claim the 14 CC crap every JD fan say, cause flash has win over jd in every way possible even with the battle of cheeses (osl finals).

Even if you still are stuborn enough to see this, lets look at the kespa ranking to see the difference between the two, and that was not counting this OSL match cause if it do, then flash difference from jaedong would be even greater.

And by the way flash is now entittled by the korean community as the 5th Bonjwa and this time is real not even jaedong has accomplished that and all made in less than a year.

game 4, it was painfull to watch for me, i didnt like it at all, but considering how the previous matches turned out , you cant really blame it. jd never catched up with flash in any moment, also in the MSL finals JD won G4 by 2 mistakes flash made himself rather than jd godly abilities, but game 3 was really good JD won fair and square.

Note that i am just pointing the difference between these two, and not the difference of these two compared to all the rest progamers. of course JD is the second best player after flash, and its obvious he dominates like no zerg before, so that the gap below flash and jaedong is HUGE but calling the difference of these two as "slightly" shows lost of objectivity regarding SC due to fanboyism.( i am reffering about current shape not about all time, cause JD have more time playing and more external tittles obviously)
you shouldnt worry if everybody ignore you, you should be worry when they dont anymore.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
September 11 2010 16:51 GMT
#1126
Alright now that Flash has solidified his status I'm perfectly okay with him starting to lose.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
September 11 2010 17:00 GMT
#1127
On September 12 2010 01:51 Jayme wrote:
Alright now that Flash has solidified his status I'm perfectly okay with him starting to lose.


Agreed. I cant ever really root against him, but now .. it just doesn't matter as much. Flash has accomplished what I thought he was capable of when watching him during Bacchus. If he loses, nobody can take what he's done away from him.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
September 11 2010 17:01 GMT
#1128
Maybe Starcraft is over now. Not to take anything away from Flash, but I feel that the strong match ups are just getting stronger as the players are getting better. PvZ and TvZ have been worse than ever before this year I think, which made me almost (almost!) cheer for Stork vs Jaedong in the semis. It's maybe fitting to see one last terran hero on the throne though. Gz to flash, the last bonjwa. But cheers to Jaedong too, for me he is the greatest champion ever in Starcraft.

I think the match ups will just be getting worse next season, but I hope that maps and metagame can change it somehow. If there will be any pro Starcraft to watch next season, I'll be watching no matter what though.

Maps and bo's aside, the finals today really made me feel why I love Starcraft. It wasn't perfect, but it was intense and exciting.

On September 11 2010 23:22 Malinor wrote:
As a die hard Jaedong fan of course I feel sad, but really, Jaedong doesn't need us to feel sorry for him. He is a living legend, has five titles and is the best zerg ever. It's just that sometimes someone comes along and is just better than you. And who says this rivalry is over, next year everything could be different again.


PS: If anyone thought these finals were disappointing because of all the cheese, I don't know what to tell you. You people probably are very hard to please. I was sweating excitement.



I agree with everyting in this post.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
September 11 2010 17:05 GMT
#1129
On September 12 2010 01:44 champignones wrote:
I dont think anyone can say Flash and jaedong difference is slightly, i am sure if JD were the one who won the last two MSL and the OSL jd fanboys were claiming he is beyond flash, so lets be real and honest and if someone refute then he is a blinded fanboy

JD hasnt won A bo5 against flash since NATE MSL , and by encountering each other so many times, plus flash winning both leagues in one season, plus being in both finals three times in a row, clearly shows who have the upper hand( and by a pretty big margin). (golden mouse FTW!)

I am sorry but hearing JD fans in the past saying how awesome was JD in comparison to flash made me rage, but at the end i had to accept it, so that you, right now Flash is so ahead of JD ,and you cant claim the 14 CC crap every JD fan say, cause flash has win over jd in every way possible even with the battle of cheeses (osl finals).

Even if you still are stuborn enough to see this, lets look at the kespa ranking to see the difference between the two, and that was not counting this OSL match cause if it do, then flash difference from jaedong would be even greater.

And by the way flash is now entittled by the korean community as the 5th Bonjwa and this time is real not even jaedong has accomplished that and all made in less than a year.

game 4, it was painfull to watch for me, i didnt like it at all, but considering how the previous matches turned out , you cant really blame it. jd never catched up with flash in any moment, also in the MSL finals JD won G4 by 2 mistakes flash made himself rather than jd godly abilities, but game 3 was really good JD won fair and square.

Note that i am just pointing the difference between these two, and not the difference of these two compared to all the rest progamers. of course JD is the second best player after flash, and its obvious he dominates like no zerg before, so that the gap below flash and jaedong is HUGE but calling the difference of these two as "slightly" shows lost of objectivity regarding SC due to fanboyism.( i am reffering about current shape not about all time, cause JD have more time playing and more external tittles obviously)



Man you think people think Jaedong and Flash are close because of fanboyism? Have to disagree.

Flash is better than Jaedong RIGHT NOW. It wasn't always that way. Jaedong has never had a run like Flash but he's been fighting for top dog for a longer stretch of time. Your making it sound like when you look at the broad spectrum of SC:BW that Jaedong will always be below Flash. Though I've resolved myself that Jaedong will never rise to bonjwa status since he doesn't have that level of dominance that the others had, he's still a contender for best player to play the game, and it's be stupid to not lug him and Flash together when your talking about the last people to dominate BW.

5 titles, 4 silvers, and a career that started 3 years ago. Through that time, Jaedong has always been a threat, he's always been scary, and the world of SC knows you can't let your guard down against him.

Am I taking anything away from Flash? Hell no. I've never seen anyone like him, and I respect to hell what the guy has done. This has been Flash's year, no doubt, and it's made the gap between himself and JD convincing. Doesn't make it huge.

There are still games to be played, and Jaedong can fall from grace like others before after being defeated as much as he has, or he can rebound and come back fighting. This isn't the end of their rivalry (i hope), and the fact that they are friends makes me think Jaedong isn't just going to stop trying to be top dog.

I'm biased yah, but after the OSL, I acknowledged Flash as I bonjwa, I enjoyed the games, and above all else, I respect Flash's dominance. But you can't take 1 year and use it to define an entire rivalry. I mean, come on

Jaedong and Baby
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 17:15:41
September 11 2010 17:12 GMT
#1130
Ya, Jaedong is still a GOAT candidate. But I think Flash will pull way ahead even in that regard in the next year or so. Right now it feels like even JD completely lacks the ability to touch him in a Bo5.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
September 11 2010 17:17 GMT
#1131
On September 12 2010 02:12 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, Jaedong is still a GOAT candidate. But I think Flash will pull way ahead even in that regard in the next year or so. Right now it feels like even JD completely lacks the ability to touch him in a Bo5.


I do feel like this at times, but honestly, JD goes into a series with some momentum, I think we'll be ok plus, as a fan I have to be optimistic :D
Jaedong and Baby
champignones
Profile Joined September 2008
Panama160 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 17:21:26
September 11 2010 17:18 GMT
#1132
i am not defining rivalry i am just saying flash is way ahead of JD right now, in the future it can change of course, perhaps well see JD get his 6th tittle and become tie with nada as the most accomplished progamer. of course as long as flash is in JD path , JD will have to sweat to earn a tittle which will give him more merit and meaning when he win his 6th tittle.
you shouldnt worry if everybody ignore you, you should be worry when they dont anymore.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
September 11 2010 17:23 GMT
#1133
Flash!
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
FetusFondler
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States246 Posts
September 11 2010 17:25 GMT
#1134
On September 12 2010 02:17 Yxes2211 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 02:12 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, Jaedong is still a GOAT candidate. But I think Flash will pull way ahead even in that regard in the next year or so. Right now it feels like even JD completely lacks the ability to touch him in a Bo5.


I do feel like this at times, but honestly, JD goes into a series with some momentum, I think we'll be ok plus, as a fan I have to be optimistic :D


I think JD needs to re-evaluate his TvZ and see what could use improvement...

Question: What does being a "Goat" candidate mean exactly? Haha, apologies for my noobness...
None are so busy as the fool and knave.
Tempest[OEC]
Profile Joined February 2010
United States417 Posts
September 11 2010 17:25 GMT
#1135
Alright now that Flash has solidified his position as the player of the year who wants to have dual Protoss champions??? :D
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 11 2010 17:30 GMT
#1136
On September 12 2010 02:25 FetusFondler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 02:17 Yxes2211 wrote:
On September 12 2010 02:12 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, Jaedong is still a GOAT candidate. But I think Flash will pull way ahead even in that regard in the next year or so. Right now it feels like even JD completely lacks the ability to touch him in a Bo5.


I do feel like this at times, but honestly, JD goes into a series with some momentum, I think we'll be ok plus, as a fan I have to be optimistic :D


I think JD needs to re-evaluate his TvZ and see what could use improvement...

Question: What does being a "Goat" candidate mean exactly? Haha, apologies for my noobness...

GOAT = Greatest of all time
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 11 2010 17:52 GMT
#1137
Will be posted when my replacement gets online i've seen his ranking - I approve of it!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
September 11 2010 18:04 GMT
#1138
On September 12 2010 02:00 revy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 01:51 Jayme wrote:
Alright now that Flash has solidified his status I'm perfectly okay with him starting to lose.


Agreed. I cant ever really root against him, but now .. it just doesn't matter as much. Flash has accomplished what I thought he was capable of when watching him during Bacchus. If he loses, nobody can take what he's done away from him.


Yes that gap where Flash didn't win any medals just felt odd. He was obviously extraordinarily skilled back then and I always felt his results didn't reflect his skill.

Well that's no longer true, he finally started to achieve results that reflected his skill level. Happy no.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Mooncat
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany1228 Posts
September 11 2010 18:11 GMT
#1139
On September 12 2010 02:52 Plexa wrote:
Will be posted when my replacement gets online i've seen his ranking - I approve of it!


ETA?
"[Lee Young Ho] With this victory, you’ve risen to Bonjwa status."
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
September 11 2010 18:27 GMT
#1140
On September 12 2010 02:25 FetusFondler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 02:17 Yxes2211 wrote:
On September 12 2010 02:12 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, Jaedong is still a GOAT candidate. But I think Flash will pull way ahead even in that regard in the next year or so. Right now it feels like even JD completely lacks the ability to touch him in a Bo5.


I do feel like this at times, but honestly, JD goes into a series with some momentum, I think we'll be ok plus, as a fan I have to be optimistic :D


I think JD needs to re-evaluate his TvZ and see what could use improvement...

Question: What does being a "Goat" candidate mean exactly? Haha, apologies for my noobness...


I wonder, why can JD do differently that will separate himself from Flash? We've seen standard 12 hatch into 3h muta openings, 2h muta, hydra busts, 4 pool, 9pool, 3 hatch before pool greed eco, muta fakes, we've seen fast ultra.

I even think JD won the mindgames this last series, what was something many people felt JD lacked in their MSL encounter. Unfortunately, Flash showed superior skill in virtually everything.

I really feel like JD's best chances are when he secures that third gas and gets defilers out. In every series they have played, when JD had gotten defilers and weathered that tank push he was always in a good position to take the game. Everyone likes to say Flash in unstoppable late game but JD has shown he can contend with Flash's powerful macro and defensive style, his losses have come almost exclusively to timing attacks last second saves by Flash.

It may not seem like an important question, but I really wonder how much differently the series would have turned out had JD got those swarms off in game 1.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 186
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 59
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD56
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• musti20045 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
24m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.