• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:17
CEST 19:17
KST 02:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8784 users

How Many SC1 OSLs Left? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
June 12 2010 23:56 GMT
#21
Just LOL at this poll. Obviously 10+, Korea doesn't care about SC2 nearly as much as BW.
government delta
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany96 Posts
June 13 2010 00:02 GMT
#22
i wonder if pro broodwar ends will all the progamers we know start sc2 and get to the top another time? flash repairs terran for sc2 and all should be good.

but yeah, im not too worried, cause the osl will continue within sc2 and proleague will always be very exiting. but i still voted for +10, simply because the koreans put that much work into broodwar and spent all that time mastering the game, i really doubt that they will just stop with broodwar tournaments, cause even if they did, wouldnt the fans complain hard so that it comes back?
»After crash-landing a commuter plane carrying an unassuming badminton team, the captain uses the situation to convince the team that their only hope of survival is cannibalism.«
EquilasH
Profile Joined April 2009
Denmark2142 Posts
June 13 2010 00:13 GMT
#23
On June 13 2010 07 :49 OneOther wrote:
2-4

I had a lot of doubts about SC2 but I became a believer :D

Yeah, it's exactly the other way around for me.
I was pretty confident that SC2 would make an awesome game, but now I really doubt it's going to happen.
wat
FusionCutter
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada974 Posts
June 13 2010 00:17 GMT
#24
On June 13 2010 09:13 EquilasH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2010 07 :49 OneOther wrote:
2-4

I had a lot of doubts about SC2 but I became a believer :D

Yeah, it's exactly the other way around for me.
I was pretty confident that SC2 would make an awesome game, but now I really doubt it's going to happen.


+1. I wouldn't be playing if it wasn't labelled SC2.
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
June 13 2010 00:18 GMT
#25
the "5+" option kind of makes no sense, when there's 10+ too. Lets say I think there's 20 OSLs left, both 5+ and 10+ are viable options >.> (assuming that "+" ir a replacement for "<").
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
June 13 2010 00:20 GMT
#26
It will be more than 2-4 since I really don't think Korea will drop BW until SC2 is completely balanced which could take multiple patches if not expansions (which will take place over a few years).

I can see it being 2-4 tho if Blizzard is quick to make things good and B.net 2.0 is a big sucess.
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-13 00:22:59
June 13 2010 00:20 GMT
#27
Voted 10+, considering chef is keeping it going strong.

On June 13 2010 09:18 ProoM wrote:
the "5+" option kind of makes no sense, when there's 10+ too. Lets say I think there's 20 OSLs left, both 5+ and 10+ are viable options >.> (assuming that "+" ir a replacement for "<").

I get the feeling you know what they mean.
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
June 13 2010 00:21 GMT
#28
1

SC2 killing the OSL is frowntown imo.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 13 2010 00:24 GMT
#29
2-4 IMO, of course I hope more.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
June 13 2010 00:29 GMT
#30
hopefully 10+. fucking sc2 came to kill bw...
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
June 13 2010 00:31 GMT
#31
2-4. SC2 will slowly capture the hearts of Koreans everywhere and eventually it will replace the game of the gods, thus returning the game to the gods.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
June 13 2010 00:33 GMT
#32
2-4
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-13 00:52:07
June 13 2010 00:38 GMT
#33
I said 5+, but I don't know. I don't think BW will last more than 3-4 years from now, just because the people that grew up with the game will start getting older, and not many kids will want to play an old game like BW. I really doubt SC2 will ever take hold as a major progame, though. It's just way too boring to watch. People are just trying to peg SC2 into the role of BW, but sooner or later I think people will realize it's not going to work.

It's just annoying, because brood war became a great game on its own and then developed a pro scene on its own, but people are just trying to make SC2 into what brood war was, rather than waiting and seeing if SC2 is really ever going to make a good e-sport.
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
June 13 2010 00:38 GMT
#34
Isn't possible that OSL is going to have BOTH a SC2 and a BW tour?

That sounds most resonable to me.
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
June 13 2010 00:39 GMT
#35
2-4 at least, I hope
Writer
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
June 13 2010 00:51 GMT
#36
10+! I believe!
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
June 13 2010 01:06 GMT
#37
10+ there's nothing wrong with bw, why change to an inferior game?
Yhamm is the god of predictions
[AcE]Kenny
Profile Joined February 2010
Cuba12 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-13 01:16:17
June 13 2010 01:09 GMT
#38
really dont think sc2 repalced sc1 never in any level will see but I dont belive in that game is to much boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck sc2 dont play that shit people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jimmeh
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom908 Posts
June 13 2010 01:15 GMT
#39
I voted 2-4.

I get the feeling that, after the next OSL, they'll start hosting simultaneous BW/SC2 tournaments for a while (ideally, I'd like at least another 6 BW OSL tournaments) then eventually permanently switch over to SC2.

Whilst I'll be sad to see BW go, hopefully they'll keep it going whilst SC2 starts up until the point that SC2 becomes as competitive as BW is and then a permanent switch.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 13 2010 01:19 GMT
#40
On June 13 2010 09:38 OminouS wrote:
Isn't possible that OSL is going to have BOTH a SC2 and a BW tour?

That sounds most resonable to me.

..Are sponsors going to sponsor a new game or an older game..doesn't seem reasonable to me..
I'd say 2 more OSL's, voted for 1 because I hope this OSL is the last, not because I don't like BW but because it's time for Starcraft 2. Grrr... Won one of the first OSLs back when you could win with basically any build..Foreigner's creativity > Korean find out what works and practice the hell out of it.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1163
SteadfastSC784
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 548
IndyStarCraft 231
Rex131
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 784
IndyStarCraft 231
ProTech135
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 45
UpATreeSC 33
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40725
Shuttle 788
Mini 390
Larva 360
Rush 351
Dewaltoss 110
Hyuk 85
firebathero 82
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 28
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1769
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 805
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1581
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1335
FrodaN1294
Beastyqt347
DeMusliM259
ArmadaUGS217
XBOCT215
Mlord137
KnowMe131
C9.Mang0104
XaKoH 101
QueenE85
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 35
• Hinosc 21
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3710
Other Games
• imaqtpie408
• Shiphtur328
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 43m
Online Event
17h 43m
FEL
22h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.