• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7642 users

The Highlander - Ro32/16 Results & Reps - Page 5

Forum Index > News
123 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
July 28 2009 07:43 GMT
#81
this shit rules so hard

TAKE NO PRISONERS
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
July 28 2009 07:47 GMT
#82
Oh wow, Ret is out... Kind of sucks as I was hoping for yet another great Bo5 against him and Idra. Oh well, I'm sure others will give idra run for his money.
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
July 28 2009 08:32 GMT
#83
This is an awesome tournament. Reading through this thread and watching the replays is so cool.

GJ TL!
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 28 2009 08:52 GMT
#84
Is Castro 12 years old? (3rd game of him vs Idra)
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 28 2009 10:26 GMT
#85
On July 28 2009 15:35 iMate wrote:
i like idras 3rd game wins =p

What the hell happens?
I get there's lag but why is Idra attacking his own SCVs and marines?!
My replay can't be corrupted can it?
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
tyreek
Profile Joined June 2009
United States141 Posts
July 28 2009 11:04 GMT
#86
On July 28 2009 19:26 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2009 15:35 iMate wrote:
i like idras 3rd game wins =p

What the hell happens?
I get there's lag but why is Idra attacking his own SCVs and marines?!
My replay can't be corrupted can it?

He was hitting the eggs.
STORMMMMMMUUUUUUUUU
hefty
Profile Joined January 2005
Denmark555 Posts
July 28 2009 12:11 GMT
#87
Great tourney, enjoying it very much!

I haven't seen much of horror until now, but I sure like what I see. Anyone has some good reps/vods of him they can provide/recommend?

+1 horror fan
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
July 28 2009 13:00 GMT
#88
Yeah, I'm with you there hefty.

+ Show Spoiler [game one of ret vs horror] +
I haven't seen ret play much until now. I've noticed a lot of people saying he's one of the favorites to win, but after watching game one, I found it hard to justify it. Mind you, I've only seen him play a game or two on user streams, but he seemed a little immature, both game wise and chat.

Horror played a little sloppily. he had a number of idle scv's, and made a few mistakes with overextending his tanks. But with that said, he played a great game and beat ret. then at the end, in standard keyboard warrior fashion, ret complains about the map. Give credit to horror on a great game!

I don't mean to flame ret, just my thoughts. Now to watch games 2 + 3
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
July 28 2009 13:02 GMT
#89
On July 28 2009 22:00 BookTwo wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you there hefty.

+ Show Spoiler [game one of ret vs horror] +
I haven't seen ret play much until now. I've noticed a lot of people saying he's one of the favorites to win, but after watching game one, I found it hard to justify it. Mind you, I've only seen him play a game or two on user streams, but he seemed a little immature, both game wise and chat.

Horror played a little sloppily. he had a number of idle scv's, and made a few mistakes with overextending his tanks. But with that said, he played a great game and beat ret. then at the end, in standard keyboard warrior fashion, ret complains about the map. Give credit to horror on a great game!

I don't mean to flame ret, just my thoughts. Now to watch games 2 + 3


+ Show Spoiler +
He was a heavy favorite to get to the finals. He already mentioned that he was and still is sick. It's pretty apparent in his play, too.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 28 2009 13:04 GMT
#90
On July 28 2009 22:00 BookTwo wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you there hefty.

+ Show Spoiler [game one of ret vs horror] +
I haven't seen ret play much until now. I've noticed a lot of people saying he's one of the favorites to win, but after watching game one, I found it hard to justify it. Mind you, I've only seen him play a game or two on user streams, but he seemed a little immature, both game wise and chat.

Horror played a little sloppily. he had a number of idle scv's, and made a few mistakes with overextending his tanks. But with that said, he played a great game and beat ret. then at the end, in standard keyboard warrior fashion, ret complains about the map. Give credit to horror on a great game!

I don't mean to flame ret, just my thoughts. Now to watch games 2 + 3


90% of top foreigners are like that (and most of the ones who arent are cheesy protosses)
it comes with the mentality it takes to get really good at something in the environment foreign sc has

most of them just hide it better.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
July 28 2009 13:16 GMT
#91
On July 28 2009 22:04 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2009 22:00 BookTwo wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you there hefty.

+ Show Spoiler [game one of ret vs horror] +
I haven't seen ret play much until now. I've noticed a lot of people saying he's one of the favorites to win, but after watching game one, I found it hard to justify it. Mind you, I've only seen him play a game or two on user streams, but he seemed a little immature, both game wise and chat.

Horror played a little sloppily. he had a number of idle scv's, and made a few mistakes with overextending his tanks. But with that said, he played a great game and beat ret. then at the end, in standard keyboard warrior fashion, ret complains about the map. Give credit to horror on a great game!

I don't mean to flame ret, just my thoughts. Now to watch games 2 + 3


90% of top foreigners are like that (and most of the ones who arent are cheesy protosses)
it comes with the mentality it takes to get really good at something in the environment foreign sc has

most of them just hide it better.



Immaturity shouldn't be something 'normal' in foreign sc. I know most gamers start young, and I think ret is young(ish). Just because a lot of people act like that, doesn't mean everyone should jump on the bandwagon.

And the start of game two is so lol from ret. still complaining about that map.

I didn't know he was sick, that's news to me. Like I said before, I didn't mean to flame ret, I just thought he should have given horror some credit instead of blaming the map.
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 13:20:49
July 28 2009 13:18 GMT
#92
On July 27 2009 21:53 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2009 21:49 oberon wrote:
On July 27 2009 20:52 Heimatloser wrote:
y do they let (T)IdrA play in all this foreigner tournaments?
isnt it obvious that he is whole another class?

whats the use of watching this when i know that at the end god damned (T)IdrA will win this shit?


Let's say he beats Castro...that would set him up to play ToT)Xiaozi. You may recognize that name as the fellow who whumped Idra during a TeamLiquid sponsored event relatively recently.

Not to underestimate Idra, who's clearly *a* favorite...just perhaps not *the* favorite...

--oberon

you mean the guy who ling allined me in the tournament that i then eliminated him from?

he whumped me good and hard all right


God dammit, I'm just completely wrong. I'm confusing him with F91 -- and I couldn't even tell you why. They're not even from the same contintent. The closest I can come up with is "both zerg".

So...ignore that.

--oberon

EDIT: Edited my first post to indicate that it was NOT Xiaozi who beat Idra, and that I'm dumb.
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 13:41:32
July 28 2009 13:27 GMT
#93
+ Show Spoiler [ret vs horror game 2+3] +
Just finished it. I'm impressed by ret's swarms. They weren't perfect, but they were very, very good. Even though I know the result, I'm looking forward to game three

game 3: why didn't ret prepare for the vulture harass? he didn't get a scout in, so he must have thought something was up. I think he was being greedy. nice harassment from horror, but he suicided four of his valkyries for no good reason.

still, I'm definitely a horror fan. the fact that he plays terran is a bonus.
DskXplorr
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
July 28 2009 14:28 GMT
#94
Great reps. Can't wait for the next few matches!
When one person dies, another is born, but when a marine dies, we thank the zerg.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
July 28 2009 14:40 GMT
#95
On July 28 2009 16:47 Lebesgue wrote:
Oh wow, Ret is out... Kind of sucks as I was hoping for yet another great Bo5 against him and Idra. Oh well, I'm sure others will give idra run for his money.


Castro actually played him really well in both games, I really enjoyed them. Idra of course was solid, but Castro held his own. Good job to both, too damn bad about the 3rd game.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
July 28 2009 15:20 GMT
#96
awesome reps. Machine should have beaten JF 2-0. That would have been a fantastic upset. Oh well. Good luck to JF in the tournament!
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
hefty
Profile Joined January 2005
Denmark555 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 16:23:23
July 28 2009 16:20 GMT
#97
On July 28 2009 22:00 BookTwo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [game one of ret vs horror] +
I haven't seen ret play much until now. I've noticed a lot of people saying he's one of the favorites to win, but after watching game one, I found it hard to justify it. Mind you, I've only seen him play a game or two on user streams, but he seemed a little immature, both game wise and chat.

Horror played a little sloppily. he had a number of idle scv's, and made a few mistakes with overextending his tanks. But with that said, he played a great game and beat ret. then at the end, in standard keyboard warrior fashion, ret complains about the map. Give credit to horror on a great game!

I don't mean to flame ret, just my thoughts. Now to watch games 2 + 3


There's no doubt he was a favorite, most people agree he is one of the best foreigners. He didn't play his best against horror, especially game 3 was horribly as you also mentioned, but according to himself he simply forgot to put up a sunken and such things happen. I would have loved to see a better 3rd game, but as it is horror goes on to the quarter finals, and I'm excited for him. It's not that I don't want to see an idra/ret take the gold, but a couple of black horses in the finals make eveything so much more interesting.

The mistakes you mention horror made is part of why I liked to watch his games - there were quite som errors in his play, but he still managed to play some excellent games. These imperfections make his play a lot easier to relate to.

Oh, and btw, ret isn't youngish as you insinuate. I understand how losing to a player everyone regards to be of lesser skill level than you can upset you. But agreed, more power to the players that accept their losses with a straight face.




EDIT: Removed a typo.

Also, noone directed me to any source of horror games yet. Someone must have something to share - please do.
ClockworkBlues
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada74 Posts
July 28 2009 16:39 GMT
#98
THANKS FOR REPS!

I felt all caps was justified since this is simply one of the best tourneys ever. I am so excited for finals!
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
July 28 2009 17:04 GMT
#99
wow, just watched castro vs idra game three. what was up with castro?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-28 17:39:29
July 28 2009 17:38 GMT
#100
people have said this before, but what really separates pro zergs from amateurs in ZvT is their hive play. every korean zerg can maintain the correct pre-ultra hive unit mix, have defilers in the right spots, and continue to have streamlined macro while doing all the annoying hive zerg swarm/plaguing, but foreign zergs can't.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 95
SortOf 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2332
Shinee 70
HiyA 31
NotJumperer 16
sorry 15
Mong 12
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1423
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
JimRising 679
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft585
Other Games
summit1g7901
Coldzera 774
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft254
ArmadaUGS44
RuFF_SC231
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick903
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream391
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1440
• Lourlo1326
• Stunt318
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.