• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:56
CEST 22:56
KST 05:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7821 users

GSI Grand Finals - Preview! - Page 2

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
February 28 2008 23:15 GMT
#21
Katrina twice...well I'm glad that I voted for Stork now =]

He has always been one of my favorites! GO STORK!
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
February 28 2008 23:22 GMT
#22
This analysis is just excellent. Though I'm a bit surprised that Daigomi thinks Flash will be exhausted by the 5set. If anything, I suspect that Flash is less fazed by momentum and has more stamina than Stork, though it might just be due to his semi-CJ face. I agree that it's Stork's series to lose, but when you look at his performance in final matches, you see that it's always been that way, whether it's Game 5 vs. Bisu on (I think) Loki II two MSLs ago or game 2 vs. Jaedong on Katrina last OSL. He doesn't choke per se, but he lets early advantages slip out of his grasp without too much resistance. But we'll see what happens.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-28 23:37:30
February 28 2008 23:31 GMT
#23
I think you're mixing me and Plexa up here. I actually said:
Flash might never have played a Bo5, but I’m not sure if Stork has ever won a Bo5 on the last game. If the game gets to this point we might see some mistakes creep into Stork’s play, and it will be up to Flash to take advantage of that.

So yeah, I agree with you that Stork seems to make more mistakes the longer the match continues, and Flash generally plays consistently. The only time Flash plays inconsistently in my opinion is when he's busy losing. He seems to play slightly rashly when he's doing badly, rather than trusting his abilities and going for a macro game.

Plexa on the other hand believes that Flash's inexperience in long matches will cost him, while Stork's experience will be the telling factor, which obviously also plays a role. It's a very hard game to call.
Moderator
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
February 28 2008 23:59 GMT
#24
Game 2: In their previous meeting, Stork’s reaver harass failed badly, so I do not expect him to try the same strategy again. I expect Stork will open with a standard build (perhaps even two gate goons) into an expansionist game, where Stork is constantly ahead in bases. We might see some carriers again, although Stork doesn’t seem to like carriers much on Blue Storm.


I think it's highly unlikely we will see shuttle-less play on bluestorm
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
February 29 2008 00:44 GMT
#25
sexy. thanks guys.
go flash!
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 29 2008 00:51 GMT
#26
nicely done!
noobienoob
Profile Joined July 2007
United States1173 Posts
February 29 2008 01:33 GMT
#27
Wow that felt like I was reading a fucking video game strategy guide, well done now I know fucking everything there is to know about these two titans clashing, lol and no this is not sarcasm :D

PS: Go Flash!!!
Proposal
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1310 Posts
February 29 2008 02:08 GMT
#28
I agree for a 3-1 stork sadly :[
ffs
Profile Joined October 2007
18 Posts
February 29 2008 02:37 GMT
#29
wtf goliaths are good against carriers when carriers arrive and also kill shuttles? omg! ;D
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
February 29 2008 02:44 GMT
#30
Plexa + Daigomi = Awesome
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
datscilly
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States529 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-29 03:37:41
February 29 2008 03:28 GMT
#31
I would consider their insight priceless rather than worthless.

It's cool how Daigomi and Plexa alternates between the main article and the sidebox but the box switches sides also so Plexa's on the left and Daigomi's on the right.
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
February 29 2008 03:41 GMT
#32
Great writeup, I AM SO STOKED for these games!
✌
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
February 29 2008 04:50 GMT
#33
Flash is extremely wary of cheese vs protoss... I think that will help him a bit vs stork, even though he has to battle on katrina, probably twice.

In those matches, it's flash's quick upgrades (he gets 3-3 mech suuuuper fast) that will help him
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
VioleTAK
Profile Joined July 2006
4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-01 11:58:13
February 29 2008 06:00 GMT
#34
Beautiful writeup, thanks!
The map pool is complete bullshit for Flash. Quite fucking ridiculous. If Flash somehow by an act of supreme miracle wins this, I'll never, ever, doubt him again :-) The maps just scream Stork.
imo this is going to be a very frustrating matchup to watch for Flash fans, with Katrina twice, with Baekmagoji as Game3... GL Flash.

Edit: Seems like I'll never, ever, doubt Flash again :-) He so earned it.
Every fan of Starcraft is a fan of Lim Yo Hwan by association
RaiSad
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States325 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-29 06:19:25
February 29 2008 06:18 GMT
#35
Corner > corner

Flash 1 : 0 Stork
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
February 29 2008 06:34 GMT
#36
Great writeup! It's hard to say who I'd rather see win this, so I'm just hoping we see some great games. My liquibet is on stork though.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
proA.June91
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Vietnam445 Posts
February 29 2008 06:43 GMT
#37
hmmm.... interesting. you guys are doing such the most perfect thing that i've never ever seen before. nice ^^!
Fear is not what I'll get. It is what I've created myself
parkin
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
1091 Posts
February 29 2008 10:37 GMT
#38
Good article. Stork got an advantage because of maps.
mostly harmless
Num
Profile Joined October 2007
South Africa62 Posts
February 29 2008 12:44 GMT
#39
Flash I believe! Show them you here to stay.

ps: Nice write up. SA POWA
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
February 29 2008 13:29 GMT
#40
Kyaa sexy!

Stork fighting~
^-^
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O91
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason148
BRAT_OK 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1018
ZZZero.O 91
Hyun 40
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift3904
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
Fnx 870
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6389
Other Games
summit1g8144
FrodaN2737
B2W.Neo745
ToD256
KnowMe192
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1490
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• StrangeGG 37
• musti20045 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• blackmanpl 15
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1171
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 4m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.