• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:53
CEST 15:53
KST 22:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7767 users

[Code S] Ro 8 Day 1 Recap/Day 2 Preview - Page 4

Forum Index > News
140 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
February 22 2013 02:02 GMT
#61
No ZvZvZvZ please... Taeja, MC!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
fatalbino
Profile Joined February 2013
Canada11 Posts
February 22 2013 02:06 GMT
#62
On February 22 2013 10:40 bourne117 wrote:
Is it just me or does it feel like every write up and caster seems to just write off Taeja? It has felt like he is starting to get back in form. He started appearing in PL again which means his wrists have been feeling better and his ro16 performance was damn good but was overshadowed by Innovation. Assuming his wrists are started to improve I wouldn't be surprised to see him have improved a lot from the ro32 match and take it. Really hoping he does because a 3 zerg ro4 isn't the way to end WoL.


I totally agree. I also find it sad that the writers downplay Taeja stating that Dongraegu only lost because of the mistakes he made. Yea, lets completely ignore Taeja's effort and strong play in that series (sarcasm). I know TL writers shouldn't be biased or anything, but give the guy a break.
Terran for life <3
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 02:10:50
February 22 2013 02:08 GMT
#63
On February 22 2013 10:59 dcemuser wrote:
Even ignoring the state of balance in WoL, I'd still say Soulkey and RorO are the favorites here.

Considering the state of balance in WoL, if they lose, it will be a massive upset.

The game isn't that grossly imbalanced, to call it a massive upset. I do think MC has an edge over Roro, but that's obviously not me saying he'll win. People like to pretend they can predict the future, I will make no such claim


I totally agree. I also find it sad that the writers downplay Taeja stating that Dongraegu only lost because of the mistakes he made. Yea, lets completely ignore Taeja's effort and strong play in that series (sarcasm). I know TL writers shouldn't be biased or anything, but give the guy a break.

It took them like 3 months of MC beating everyone for them to acknowledge he's no longer in a slumb, after his fall to code B. I don't see their habbits changing too much. Also took a chunk of time for them to conclude MMA was better than MVP, despite performing better for a number of months, including beating MVP a few times.

edit - those last 2 examples obviously aren't recent, but they tend to downplay things.
Refer to my post.
ArchAngel0
Profile Joined August 2012
34 Posts
February 22 2013 02:08 GMT
#64
BOSSTOSS to take down three zergs on the way to the final WoL Code S championship... A man can dream right?...
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
February 22 2013 02:13 GMT
#65
I'm so disappointed in the results so far. I think it's a >50% chance to get a ZvZvZvZ semi, which will remove any interest I have in this GSL season. Which makes it yet another GSL season where I don't care for the outcome. (same as S5 2012)
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
bourne117
Profile Joined May 2010
United States837 Posts
February 22 2013 02:17 GMT
#66
On February 22 2013 11:06 fatalbino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 10:40 bourne117 wrote:
Is it just me or does it feel like every write up and caster seems to just write off Taeja? It has felt like he is starting to get back in form. He started appearing in PL again which means his wrists have been feeling better and his ro16 performance was damn good but was overshadowed by Innovation. Assuming his wrists are started to improve I wouldn't be surprised to see him have improved a lot from the ro32 match and take it. Really hoping he does because a 3 zerg ro4 isn't the way to end WoL.


I totally agree. I also find it sad that the writers downplay Taeja stating that Dongraegu only lost because of the mistakes he made. Yea, lets completely ignore Taeja's effort and strong play in that series (sarcasm). I know TL writers shouldn't be biased or anything, but give the guy a break.

Exactly. On top of that you kept hearing tastetosis saying Innovation was flash like in the ro16 and Taeja pushed him to his very limit. Yet they say nothing about Tajeas play. I seriously think Taeja is really starting to recover from his injury and if that's true then he will be a serious force. The summer of Taeja is still the most dominant string of performances I have seen out of a player in SC2.
QO Feasting
DRTnOOber
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
New Zealand476 Posts
February 22 2013 02:35 GMT
#67
Boss Toss for the win! This is MC's tournament... it's time to put the Swarm back in their place.
But I'm off creep... and so I slow down, what are hellions doing here? I don't belong here...
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
February 22 2013 02:35 GMT
#68
YEEE CURIOUSSS DODDODODDODODODOO WORRRRKKKKK (Fdcostheta) SONNNNNNNNN
rip prime
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 02:39:28
February 22 2013 02:36 GMT
#69
Taeja win 3-2
MC win 3-1
GWdeathscythe
Profile Joined November 2012
Brazil1091 Posts
February 22 2013 02:40 GMT
#70
Roro and Soulkey for the swarm!!!!
JD is BONJWA!
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
February 22 2013 02:45 GMT
#71
On February 22 2013 11:17 bourne117 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 11:06 fatalbino wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:40 bourne117 wrote:
Is it just me or does it feel like every write up and caster seems to just write off Taeja? It has felt like he is starting to get back in form. He started appearing in PL again which means his wrists have been feeling better and his ro16 performance was damn good but was overshadowed by Innovation. Assuming his wrists are started to improve I wouldn't be surprised to see him have improved a lot from the ro32 match and take it. Really hoping he does because a 3 zerg ro4 isn't the way to end WoL.


I totally agree. I also find it sad that the writers downplay Taeja stating that Dongraegu only lost because of the mistakes he made. Yea, lets completely ignore Taeja's effort and strong play in that series (sarcasm). I know TL writers shouldn't be biased or anything, but give the guy a break.

Exactly. On top of that you kept hearing tastetosis saying Innovation was flash like in the ro16 and Taeja pushed him to his very limit. Yet they say nothing about Tajeas play. I seriously think Taeja is really starting to recover from his injury and if that's true then he will be a serious force. The summer of Taeja is still the most dominant string of performances I have seen out of a player in SC2.

You must not have watched that much SC2 then.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 22 2013 02:53 GMT
#72
I'm rooting for TaeJa and MC but I kinda wish we get Roro and Soulkey.
Think about it, all the stories we will be able to tell about the last season of WoL in a few years.
Remember when WoL ended and we had ZvZvZvZ in GSL ? Aaahhh.. Those were the days...
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
February 22 2013 02:54 GMT
#73
On February 22 2013 10:44 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 10:10 Dodgin wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:09 GolemMadness wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:05 stjartrov wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:03 GolemMadness wrote:
I want Soulkey and Roro to win, but I also don't want another all zerg semi-finals. -_-; If only Bogus and Parting had made it...


God damn it, stop it with the "another all zerg sem-finals" "not a 4 zerg semi again".
You're making jackasses out of yourselves.


What? I generally don't like watching ZvZ. How is that making a jackass of myself?


There has never been an all Zerg semi-final.


Homestory Cup was an all zerg semis 2 months ago. He never specifically mentioned GSL. We've also had

IEM Bucharest ZvZ finals
last GSL ZvZ finals
MLG fall ZvZ finals
Ironsquid 3 Z's in the semis ZvZ finals
IPL 5 ZvZ finals
Blizzad Cup mass ZvZ besides Parting

I'm sure theres a couple I missed. Its been a mess. It's boring and unfair to the other races and the viewers. Time for a new start before even more viewers leave. I'm sure his opinion is in the majority.


So because we once had a all zerg semis people can complain about "not another all zerg semis" like we've only had all zerg semis.

Sure there's an oversaturation of ZvZ, no use denying that. The original "stop making jackasses of yourself" thing was about every second ZvZ whine basically saying about all zerg semi finals we've only had once.

"Unfair to the other races" is a pretty funny point though. I'm sure some zergs are still feeling their time in the limelight is only fair.

Getting a touch sick of all the complaining about zerg, specifically for the GSL, when this is the first Code S zerg have been number 1 in the race count. Sorry for ranting, I just wish people would stop falsifying reports to make themselves feel better.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Inzan1ty
Profile Joined September 2012
1163 Posts
February 22 2013 02:58 GMT
#74
On February 22 2013 10:33 Happygreek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 10:10 Dodgin wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:09 GolemMadness wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:05 stjartrov wrote:
On February 22 2013 10:03 GolemMadness wrote:
I want Soulkey and Roro to win, but I also don't want another all zerg semi-finals. -_-; If only Bogus and Parting had made it...


God damn it, stop it with the "another all zerg sem-finals" "not a 4 zerg semi again".
You're making jackasses out of yourselves.


What? I generally don't like watching ZvZ. How is that making a jackass of myself?


There has never been an all Zerg semi-final.


And actually, 2 is the most amount of Zerg we've ever had in the semis. Compared to Terran having 3+ on five occasions, and Protoss doing it twice.

I think people are being slightly overdramatic.


uh maybe people are not only taking recent GSL results into account?!

Zerg dominated pretty much any of the other tournaments and events as well....
RIP Seung Hyun 'Space' Park † 6/5/2013 - Undead hero and eSports rolemodel
BabyRomatic
Profile Joined December 2012
259 Posts
February 22 2013 03:04 GMT
#75
agree
[Woongjin Stars]
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
February 22 2013 03:15 GMT
#76
Would much rather have soulkey than roro. Soulkey's play has shown me that zerg can actually be interesting to watch and fun to cheer for, while I am one of the 'narrow minded' naysayers that call RoRo a kespa zerg coming in on top of the imbalances, until I'm proven wrong.

Hoping for both MCs to advance! (soulkey is also an MC)
Tangel0
Profile Joined June 2012
24 Posts
February 22 2013 03:16 GMT
#77
ggogogogog Taeja & MC, no zerg hope
Maxilicious
Profile Joined May 2011
221 Posts
February 22 2013 03:19 GMT
#78
Weakness: Predicted by Artosis to win.

Epic
http://terrancraft.com/
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
February 22 2013 03:36 GMT
#79
Looking forward to some close games tonight.
I'm leaning more toward MC and Taeja to take it.(Based off of pure bias)
Inzan1ty
Profile Joined September 2012
1163 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 03:43:53
February 22 2013 03:37 GMT
#80
btw haha just seen that photo of MC

( - . - )
( SK )

+ Show Spoiler +
with a hand under the table ;D
RIP Seung Hyun 'Space' Park † 6/5/2013 - Undead hero and eSports rolemodel
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 768
ComeBackTV 531
SteadfastSC381
TaKeTV 281
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 78
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 381
ProTech134
Rex 115
IndyStarCraft 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45188
Bisu 2441
Horang2 1585
Shuttle 832
EffOrt 740
Hyuk 663
BeSt 549
Soma 532
Light 399
Mini 381
[ Show more ]
Larva 327
Rush 209
ZerO 185
Mong 94
Leta 92
Snow 63
Sea.KH 60
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 40
Sexy 33
JYJ 31
Aegong 29
Yoon 24
Bale 19
sorry 19
Terrorterran 16
Trap 14
Noble 12
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 8
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1064
Lowko436
Other Games
singsing2027
olofmeister1654
hiko1486
Beastyqt457
B2W.Neo426
Livibee197
XaKoH 174
Hui .170
Liquid`VortiX143
ArmadaUGS98
djWHEAT76
Mew2King72
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2772
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 7m
Online Event
21h 7m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.