• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:27
CEST 13:27
KST 20:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10779 users

[GSL] Code S S1 - Protoss Hope? - Page 2

Forum Index > News
101 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
milesfacade
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom799 Posts
January 18 2012 00:23 GMT
#21
Nice article once more, but you couldn't be more wrong about Daybreak, Waxangel. You seem to condemn it for consistently producing macro games but it produces macro games which are multi-task orientated and I doubt there are many avid gsl watchers who share the same opinion as you, it has produced the best games in recent times.
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
January 18 2012 00:25 GMT
#22
Completely disagree with the criticism of daybreak. Some of the best games ever were played on that map, and it continues to do best in terms of balance and entertainment. The author should look at the scores he gives and take an average for every map. I bet Daybreak's average game rating is one of the best. When was the last good game played on dual site?

Boring macro games result from the players, not the maps. I would say the only advantage of a smaller map is that it will take less the time for the game to be over and done it.
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
January 18 2012 00:28 GMT
#23
Artosis?

Right about a Protoss?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Artosis, I love you but it happens EVERY TIME...
I love crazymoving
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
January 18 2012 00:34 GMT
#24
Wait... an other player is leaving TSL ? It's like all their good players of 6 month ago are not even in the team anymore, but somehow I feel they will still manage to win games in the GSTL :D
Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
supraWman
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany453 Posts
January 18 2012 00:36 GMT
#25
Oh crap. I Liquibetted on Brown, now with both Artosis and Fionn hyping him I regret my decision already.
Isengrim
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland37 Posts
January 18 2012 00:38 GMT
#26
Go Marineking!
Thunder rolled - it rolled a six.
tianinja
Profile Joined September 2011
United States32 Posts
January 18 2012 00:40 GMT
#27
artosis' high hopes for protosses everywhere could be their downfall, unfortunately.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 18 2012 00:49 GMT
#28
PLEASE BROWN!! BREAK THE FIONN/ARTOSIS CURSE!!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 18 2012 00:50 GMT
#29
My Predictions:
Brown>Alive
Happy>MarineKing
Alive>MarineKing
Brown>Happy
Alive>Happy
Sorry to MarineKing fans, but his play just didn't seem up to code s par recently especiallly in Homestory Cup, so I picked Alive and Brown to advance. Brown because he's a good protoss and we need more toss in code s seeing as out of the 12 that have qualified so far, 6 are terran, 3 are toss, and 3 are zerg. I also want Artosis to finally be right about a protoss champion. I picked Alive because I think he is the more solid of the two bio terrans at the moment, and I believe his bio is good enough to beat the mech of happy. As for the team change, I don't think that it will affect him enough that he won't advance. In conclusion, MKP and Happy will probably advance just because I'm terrible at this.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
January 18 2012 00:51 GMT
#30
Waking up at 3:00 AM tomorrow to catch some MKP action.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
courtpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
866 Posts
January 18 2012 00:51 GMT
#31
nope. happys gonna win this group easy.
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
January 18 2012 00:54 GMT
#32
w0w genius destroyed o_O
My religion is Starcraft
bundo
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada113 Posts
January 18 2012 00:58 GMT
#33
hope happy makes it out! love seeing mech play in GSL
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
January 18 2012 01:00 GMT
#34
Contraversial as always. Fun though.

I can't tell if the talk about Alive and Happy were honest or merely hype. Brown for his part as mentioned comes from a long tradition. MKP for his part is just an enigma. Popular yes but is that merited? He lost some of his shine when he chose marineking over Foxer and so has his play to some degree though he's back to posting results. Blargh I'm just a negative nancy about group F. T_T

The daybreak opinion is also one to see bandied about but difficult to entertain. Fundamnetally if we want some variety maps of dualsight and cross fire have to be paired (if we're nice) with Calm before the storm and Daybreak. To be fair there is plenty of potential remaining in map design... I'm personally waiting for an SC2 version of Battle Royale to pop out. GSL has been cautious so far but I'll agree I wouldnt mind seeing one bit of kookiness next season if diversity remains on the up and up.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
January 18 2012 01:06 GMT
#35
Although it obviously doesn't matter, I found it a bit jarring that the text told us in no uncertain terms that Happy and Alive are amazing Terrans who should be getting vastly more cred than they currently are... and then promptly and unceremoniously dumps them both into Code A.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 01:26:49
January 18 2012 01:13 GMT
#36
Lamenting the macro map (Daybreak sucks): Move aside Terminus. I've found a new map where I can fast-forward to the eleven minute mark in every game. To an almost scary lack of exception, Daybreak means three base. While other TL staffers thought Daybreak was good enough to be map of the year, personally I'm finding the lack of variation on the map to be a pretty boring. Sure, the numbers say it's one of the most balanced maps in competitive play, and I like that for the players. But as a viewer, the horribly imbalanced Dual Sight 1.0 provided some much more entertaining, epic games.


THANK YOU! Finally waxangel writes something I wholeheartedly agree with. I was completely taken aback when daybreak won map of the year. For those of you players I guess I can understand that you like balanced macro maps, but as someone who only spectates I don't find daybreak exciting at all. Sure it has its fair share of exciting games but when it comes to crappy games it's better for them to end quickly rather than drag out forever.
hnim
Profile Joined July 2011
United States86 Posts
January 18 2012 01:17 GMT
#37
DRG beat MKP in the semifinals of King of Kongs, I believe.
Mvp fanboy
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 18 2012 01:24 GMT
#38
On January 18 2012 10:17 hnim wrote:
DRG beat MKP in the semifinals of King of Kongs, I believe.


You are correct.

I hope Brown can surprise us all, and extend his 6 game win streak. But it will be an uphill battle.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 18 2012 01:28 GMT
#39
JYP you make me so sad. :C
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
00Visor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
4337 Posts
January 18 2012 01:28 GMT
#40
Alive never seems to get any credit. I doubt very hard he will go 0-2. Imo he is favoured against Brown.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 587
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings164
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Sea.KH 28
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1884
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo573
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
Replay Cast
11h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.