• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:03
CEST 17:03
KST 00:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8059 users

[GSL] Code S Nov '11 - Preview - Page 12

Forum Index > News
261 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
October 31 2011 22:28 GMT
#221
Cool article. Please select a new banner though -_-

I hope your predictions turn out to be right, except for Losira. He's a cat. Cats should always win. Feline's are on the top of the food chain, with Lions being on the absolute top.
Try another route paperboy.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
October 31 2011 22:48 GMT
#222
I like how CODE a is almost like a lower bracket, mlg style
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
October 31 2011 23:03 GMT
#223
entertaining read
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Certified
Profile Joined August 2010
United States667 Posts
October 31 2011 23:06 GMT
#224
havent read the whole thing yet but that pic by fishuu is hilariously amazing
Don't worry, I'm a professional
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
October 31 2011 23:21 GMT
#225
oh i hope all your predictions are right
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
BarbieHsu
Profile Joined September 2011
574 Posts
October 31 2011 23:35 GMT
#226
On November 01 2011 07:48 Twistacles wrote:
I like how CODE a is almost like a lower bracket, mlg style


The bracket is great! But here are two things I wish were made part of the new system:

1. No Code S to Code B dropouts.
2. I wish the Top 12 in Code A still had a Code A Championship.

Other than that, shit's about to go wild and crazy. I'm so excited.
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
October 31 2011 23:53 GMT
#227
Really awesome.
Thanks for writeup. ^_^
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
murtas
Profile Joined December 2010
Portugal249 Posts
November 01 2011 00:23 GMT
#228
shhhhh, this is the hype-est GSL ever.

The groups are so tight and the new format will give new emotion, shivers, can't wait!
kidynamite
Profile Joined October 2011
13 Posts
November 01 2011 00:24 GMT
#229
Nice post to read after a long day of work. It will be interesting to see how this format is reshape the landscape of Code S, with a lot of new players moving in and out of Code S/A. \

Seems like the new tournament format is a much improved format. Initially, it appears that Code S seems really volatile with only the top 8 players having automatic spots in next seasons Code S, but it looks like the tournament format rewards players who play well, allowing them to have more opportunities to get back into Code S if they are not in the top 8. At least this way we have more opportunities for us to see our favorite players in action!
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
November 01 2011 00:40 GMT
#230
Ah, I wanna see the other groups previewed.
cardmagican
Profile Joined October 2011
United States12 Posts
November 01 2011 01:21 GMT
#231
whens the first day? XD
Let's get better
jamessooy
Profile Joined October 2011
11 Posts
November 01 2011 01:35 GMT
#232
I was having trouble following the league chart, so I made my own.
I'm actually not sure if it's easier to read, but here it is:
[image loading]
Interesting point is that out of the 64 players, 24 rotate out each season... which is more than a third.
It's also possible to go from code S to drop out in a single season.
Hope this chart helps someone understand this crazy scheme.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 01:40:07
November 01 2011 01:38 GMT
#233
Why only 16 players in groups?

Sorry, but guessing I am missing something here, unless we are at the ro16 already?

I know I don't see Huk in the groups....can someone please fill me in on where the other 16 are? or i'll assume they will be in part 2.
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 01:41:15
November 01 2011 01:40 GMT
#234
On November 01 2011 10:35 jamessooy wrote:
I was having trouble following the league chart, so I made my own.
I'm actually not sure if it's easier to read, but here it is:
[image loading]
Interesting point is that out of the 64 players, 24 rotate out each season... which is more than a third.
It's also possible to go from code S to drop out in a single season.
Hope this chart helps someone understand this crazy scheme.


really like the layout of the chart, but I think using the same colors for dif purposes (sometimes means advance, sometimes means drop out) makes it confusing.]

also I think the "qualify for Code S" needs to be its own section/destination
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
jamessooy
Profile Joined October 2011
11 Posts
November 01 2011 02:01 GMT
#235
On November 01 2011 10:40 Waxangel wrote:

really like the layout of the chart, but I think using the same colors for dif purposes (sometimes means advance, sometimes means drop out) makes it confusing.]

also I think the "qualify for Code S" needs to be its own section/destination

I think you're right about the need for a green "Qualify for Code S" section... but where to put it? I was trying my hardest to keep this chart from getting any bigger, but maybe I shouldn't be so worried.

I was trying to make all the colors match sections the player would end up after the round... you'd rather just see red means advance, blue means drop a level?
legendre20
Profile Joined November 2010
United States316 Posts
November 01 2011 02:33 GMT
#236
Great write up!

I'm pretty pumped for this season. I really haven't had the time or the interest lately to keep up with the GSL but I will definitely be buying a pass for this season
"Sen, lings are OP" - HelloKittySS /// <3 http://www.twitch.tv/legendre20 <3
Avan
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil121 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 02:37:54
November 01 2011 02:33 GMT
#237
Excellent write-up, as always.

But... MC as first in his group? As a Protoss player myself, that would be a dream come true. Shame I can't see that happening (but I shall cheer our president on).

And... Leenock ahead of Polt and Ganzi? Good call, but I find it a bit weird...

Well, that's all :D

Shame there are virtually no Protoss players in Code S. Again.

EDIT: By the way, I'm pretty sad with the end of Code A. I was thrilled by the games that took place there, shame they're gone.

Plus, I was one of those "hardcore viewers" who would watch the Up/Down and cheer like crazy for my heroes. But I have to say: I thought everybody watched the Up/Down Matches, not only because they kinda define who's god-like and who's not, but because of the level of play our heroes showed there...
"I have never tasted Death, Zeratul. Nor shall I". Liquid'HerO FIGHTING!
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
November 01 2011 03:00 GMT
#238
On November 01 2011 11:01 jamessooy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 10:40 Waxangel wrote:

really like the layout of the chart, but I think using the same colors for dif purposes (sometimes means advance, sometimes means drop out) makes it confusing.]

also I think the "qualify for Code S" needs to be its own section/destination

I think you're right about the need for a green "Qualify for Code S" section... but where to put it? I was trying my hardest to keep this chart from getting any bigger, but maybe I shouldn't be so worried.

I was trying to make all the colors match sections the player would end up after the round... you'd rather just see red means advance, blue means drop a level?


Well, you have arrow colors matching up with origin cell colors, but not destination cell colors. That causes confusion. For Example:
  • Blue cells in Code S Ro32 seem like they move on to RO16 at first glance.
  • Blue arrows suggest that all blue cells in RO48 Code A are comprised of the blue cells from RO32 code S, which is not the case.


My suggestion here is that color isn't even needed. You're only using them to distinguish the winners and losers, for which a figural representation is probably better (icon of a man, icon of man with an X through him).

As for next season's Code-S participants, you could create a box between Round of 24 and Up & downs (or move up&down one space left and use the box it used to occupy) called "qualified for Code S", and then color that box, the Round of 8, semi-final, and Finals box and title super-section "next seasons's Code-S participants."

AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
SkippyKiller
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1 Post
November 01 2011 03:37 GMT
#239
Group C?
"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire the meal was cooked a long time ago."
andrea20
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada441 Posts
November 01 2011 03:43 GMT
#240
The fishuu pic is totally inaccurate. It doesn't have MVP with his mouth gaping.

Seriously though, great pic and writeup. :p
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 434
TKL 265
CranKy Ducklings234
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1093
TKL 247
ProTech132
Rex 120
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53501
Free 1829
Horang2 329
firebathero 260
Zeus 196
Trap 134
Last 120
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Rock 21
Bishop 21
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 17
Noble 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6955
Dendi1109
XaKoH 443
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
fl0m3438
byalli775
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko455
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt475
Mlord365
KnowMe177
Hui .150
mouzStarbuck133
Liquid`VortiX115
DeMusliM113
QueenE73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• StrangeGG 26
• Dystopia_ 5
• poizon28 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony10
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2293
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 57m
Patches Events
23h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.