• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8793 users

[GSL] Code S Nov '11 - Preview - Page 11

Forum Index > News
261 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Romulox
Profile Joined October 2011
United States125 Posts
October 31 2011 18:10 GMT
#201
omg that drawing is the best thing ever. MMA fighting!
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
October 31 2011 18:20 GMT
#202
Good Article


....seriously wtf ensnare
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
October 31 2011 18:39 GMT
#203
Ugh... How terrible is it to kill a WoW paladin hahahah... They just won't die
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
October 31 2011 18:47 GMT
#204
I really like Wax's writing, excellent writeup for Code S.
Ronski
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland266 Posts
October 31 2011 19:01 GMT
#205
I dont understand the removal of Code A championships, nothing prevents them from continuing the tournament for Code A as well and simply keep the system of allowing the top 12 from advancing to code S. is it because they want faster schedualizing or what?
I am a tank. I am covered head to toe in solid plate mail. I carry a block of metal the size of a 4 door sedan to hide behind. If you see me running - you should too.
Noktix
Profile Joined May 2011
United States492 Posts
October 31 2011 19:15 GMT
#206
I didn't watch the group selections, can somebody explain why MMA picked Yugioh first?

I guess it is because Yugioh is considered a bad code S player, but did MMA really just call out a teammate like that and pick him first for a free win? lol.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
October 31 2011 19:15 GMT
#207
pretty terrible predictions tbh. mc coming out first in his group ha.
Razyel
Profile Joined May 2010
295 Posts
October 31 2011 19:20 GMT
#208
Wax, I think that when Nestea beat Sc in semis he then went and humiliate Inca in the finals for is SECOND title not THIRD !!!
Tester Iron NonY WhiteRa Huk Genius
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
October 31 2011 19:21 GMT
#209
Cool writeup. I am going to try to follow this GSL.
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
October 31 2011 19:36 GMT
#210
Best part of this article was the Group H stuff
Liquipedia
how2TL
Profile Joined August 2010
1197 Posts
October 31 2011 19:48 GMT
#211
On November 01 2011 02:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 02:26 WhiteDog wrote:
Don't get the sad zealot, out of the 21 qualified through the preliminarie, 9 were protoss (7 zerg and 5 terran) and 17 overall protoss into code A out of 30 players (10 Terran, 9 zerg). Code S just have to wait a little and it will be full of blue.


I'm not sure where you got 9 zergs from. There are 13 Zergs in Code A.


I assume 9 Zergs "entered" Code A, otherwise he wouldn't have said out of 30 total.
TAAF
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland226 Posts
October 31 2011 19:59 GMT
#212
Very well written thread! funny,smart and well everything!
Crouching probe, hidden cannon
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
October 31 2011 20:04 GMT
#213
On November 01 2011 04:48 how2TL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 02:43 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On November 01 2011 02:26 WhiteDog wrote:
Don't get the sad zealot, out of the 21 qualified through the preliminarie, 9 were protoss (7 zerg and 5 terran) and 17 overall protoss into code A out of 30 players (10 Terran, 9 zerg). Code S just have to wait a little and it will be full of blue.


I'm not sure where you got 9 zergs from. There are 13 Zergs in Code A.


I assume 9 Zergs "entered" Code A, otherwise he wouldn't have said out of 30 total.


He got the protoss and terran numbers right so I doubt that. He probably just counted wrong. No biggie.
MMA: The true King of Wings
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 31 2011 20:20 GMT
#214
Curious looks so adorable in that picture I want to pick him up and hug him.
Also I call ensnare killing everyone in 2012 to make us all look stupid.
Glorious SEA doto
Edenspring
Profile Joined August 2011
Croatia8 Posts
October 31 2011 20:34 GMT
#215
love the article ^^ great job, also I'd pay to see MC - Zombie Abraham Lincoln :D

I'm really thankful to GOM for finally changing the format, and I'm really optimistic it's gonna bring more excitement to a tournament i found to have become quite plainly put, boring in the past few months....and I'm mainly talking about the early stages...I've found myself starting to watch, as u mentioned in the article, just about when round of 8 started, or if I had more time to watch, I started from round of 16...before that I'd only watch a match that was recommended from a friend or the community or a match in which a player I rooted for and found interesting was playing (ie. the foreigners, NesTea etc.). This time I'm gonna watch from the start and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new system plays out....hope to see a lot of new players come to code S, also hoping for less terrans next season...
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
October 31 2011 20:37 GMT
#216
great read as always but the Halloween writings were unnecessary and too America centric.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
October 31 2011 20:42 GMT
#217
Carry Protoss MC.

You're the only one of the first 4 groups. =\
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
October 31 2011 21:02 GMT
#218
Haha I loved the halloween groups
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Lewan72
Profile Joined April 2011
United States381 Posts
October 31 2011 21:15 GMT
#219
Why is MVP Bisu he plays terran not protoss.
MC / Hero / MMA / Bomber / Coca / Suppy
GreatFluke
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada40 Posts
October 31 2011 21:59 GMT
#220
One of these things is not like the other,
One of these things is Protoss!
Air Attack 2... Anyone?
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g7421
Coldzera 709
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0285
Sick177
ViBE148
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Rush1026
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.