• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

[SPL] Proleague 2010-11 Grand Finals Preview - Page 5

Forum Index > News
266 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
August 05 2011 08:42 GMT
#81
I'm afraid of the super typhoon that will hit shanghai tomorrow
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
August 05 2011 08:43 GMT
#82
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/HawaiianPig/SPL/grandfinals1011/odds.jpg

Amazing LOL.
TranslatorBaa!
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:51:31
August 05 2011 08:49 GMT
#83
On August 05 2011 17:42 digmouse wrote:
I'm afraid of the super typhoon that will hit shanghai tomorrow


http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Metro/2011/08/05/City+issues+typhoon+alert+as+menace+of+Muifa+looms/

The article states that the storm will hit land tomorrow night and winds of 133 kilometers per hour will be in the coastal area ( assume its on the beach, but its not much better downtown).

Also:

"We are facing a big challenge from the typhoon," said Shen Jun, vice mayor of Shanghai. "Everyone should take precautions."

Shen asked all organizations to guard against the typhoon, evacuate people from the coast area, and fasten billboards and neon lights.


I'm very disappointed in the weather gods.
Trajan98
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada203 Posts
August 05 2011 08:49 GMT
#84
Love the write up, thank you to all the writers and streamers that keep me watching this great game!
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:53:01
August 05 2011 08:52 GMT
#85
On August 05 2011 17:40 cybertopo wrote:
I appreciate your answer, and there is nothing wrong with the bias itself, I just say that I don't like it and don't find it reasonable.

Just to use it as an example, you listed the bias-parts and biasless-parts of the article, explain why the 'fan factor' is important. Everything is understandable, well written, polite, but, suddenly...

Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 17:29 HawaiianPig wrote:
Although, if you're a KT fan, I understand. Backing a team destined to lose is always depressing!


THIS is exactly the thing I don't like. I'm not a KT fan (MBC logo in the sig) and why would it matter if I was? I'm only stating that I don't like this kind of previews. I really hope you don't think that I didn't like it because I am a KT fan and the fan-approach of the article wasn't my cup of tea.

But I suppose that excerpt is just a joke.

Anyway, I just feel guilty after expressing a negative opinion, I love TL and the work that people like you put in it, it is just that I don't like these kind of things and since I try to thank streamers, people that LR and such, I just thought it would be appropiate to express what I don't like.

I know that how you feel is that of a guy who doesn't have a stake in it and also feels bad that such an excellent work by the BW writing and gfx team (CSheep, Kiante, HP, Riptide and the contributors) had to have such fanboyism when you expect an unbiased sense of journalistic integrity in these articles. I frankly have to disagree. This fanboyism is what drives each and every ONE of the contributors to make it for the community. It is more than just fanboyism for KT, SKT or any other team for that matter. It is a dedication towards the Brood War community, and eSports in general, that makes all of this writing possible.

On August 05 2011 17:43 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/HawaiianPig/SPL/grandfinals1011/odds.jpg

Amazing LOL.


I LOVED the headers; and even more LOL @ oov holding KT (Flash?) in his grasp.

On August 05 2011 17:49 Vipsanius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 17:42 digmouse wrote:
I'm afraid of the super typhoon that will hit shanghai tomorrow


http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Metro/2011/08/05/City+issues+typhoon+alert+as+menace+of+Muifa+looms/

The article states that the storm will hit land tomorrow night and winds of 133 kilometers per hour will be in the coastal area ( assume its on the beach, but its not much better downtown).

Also:

Show nested quote +
"We are facing a big challenge from the typhoon," said Shen Jun, vice mayor of Shanghai. "Everyone should take precautions."

Shen asked all organizations to guard against the typhoon, evacuate people from the coast area, and fasten billboards and neon lights.


I'm very disappointed in the weather gods.


No, it's the influence of the Storm Zerg's coming that has made this happen.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
August 05 2011 08:53 GMT
#86
On August 05 2011 17:40 cybertopo wrote:
I appreciate your answer HawaiianPig, and there is nothing wrong with the bias itself, I just say that I don't like it and don't find it reasonable.

Just to use it as an example, you listed the bias-parts and biasless-parts of the article, explain why the 'fan factor' is important. Everything is understandable, well written, polite, but, suddenly...

Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 17:29 HawaiianPig wrote:
Although, if you're a KT fan, I understand. Backing a team destined to lose is always depressing!


THIS is exactly the thing I don't like. I'm not a KT fan (MBC logo in the sig) and why would it matter if I was? I'm only stating that I don't like this kind of previews. I really hope you don't think that I didn't like it because I am a KT fan and the fan-approach of the article wasn't my cup of tea.

But I suppose that excerpt is just a joke.

Anyway, I just feel guilty after expressing a negative opinion, I love TL and the work that people like you put in it, it is just that I don't like these kind of things and since I try to thank streamers, people that LR and such, I just thought it would be appropiate to express what I don't like.


I very much appreciate your feedback, I totally get that it's hard to be critical when others are mostly positive.

Yes, the line you quoted was a joke. I don't actually think you were angry because you are a KT fan. I noted the MBC logo in your signature (I was rocking one too before tonight in a show of support for the MBCGame rumour). It was an example of a non-serious biased viewpoint. I'm sorry that it detracts from your readership, and we'll definitely be mindful about the amount of bias we inject in the future (trust me, we've gotten flak for it from others (read: TwoTone), you're not entirely alone here).

Do note, however, that the finals is a time when team biases tend run wild. It comes with the excitement and hype. I'd suggest taking it a lot less seriously; we do.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33704 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:55:25
August 05 2011 08:54 GMT
#87
0/5, too much SKT

forgive the writer bias though, I'd find a way to shove JD in this post if I were writing it ^^;
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 05 2011 08:55 GMT
#88
Yeah the typhoon is pretty scary, I wouldn't be surprised if the finals get delayed. Just so long as everyone stays safe :/
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
ggggbabybabybaby
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada304 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 21:17:00
August 05 2011 08:57 GMT
#89
This is such an awesome preview. Even if you despise both KT and SKT you can't help but get hyped.

Also dat graphics
.


User was warned for this post
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
August 05 2011 08:58 GMT
#90
Awesome article, very well done.
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
August 05 2011 09:03 GMT
#91
After thinking this over, there is no way the finals will happen tomorrow. with approx 5k people in the outdoor, with winds of 133 km/u, the risk is far too great. The risk is too great for any injury to happen.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 09:11:08
August 05 2011 09:10 GMT
#92
A lot of SKT fans in the staff so it was to be expected haha, I cracked up after seeing Riptides piece and all the nice graphics before it only to see TTT and the terrible graphics he received haha.
Well done guys
I'm not going to nitpick on these articles, it was a lot of work and I appreciate it.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
August 05 2011 09:17 GMT
#93
HPig is a really nice guy who changed the joking graphics at my request. Just want you all to know that when you wonder why it's different!
Remember Violet.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
August 05 2011 09:22 GMT
#94
Ah Bisu. The Greatest player of Broodwar the world has ever known, and yet so unappreciated. His majesty in all matchups is unsurpassed


This made me laugh and throw up at the same time.

But now I'm back to laughing.

(T)Flash:
All: 420-164 (71.92%)
vT: 155-52 (74.88%)
vZ: 141-59 (70.50%)
vP: 124-53 (70.06%)

(P)Bisu:
All: 350-181 (65.91%)
vT: 120-72 (62.50%)
vZ: 128-52 (71.11%)
vP: 102-57 (64.15%)

Call me when Bisu wins 3 OSL's, in a span of time where Flash wins no more titles.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
August 05 2011 09:22 GMT
#95
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


will give me nightmares forever.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
August 05 2011 09:28 GMT
#96
On August 05 2011 18:22 BLinD-RawR wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


will give me nightmares forever.


LOL that's so awsome

really nice write-up
wat
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
August 05 2011 09:33 GMT
#97
goooo kt rolsta
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
ellerina
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines452 Posts
August 05 2011 09:38 GMT
#98
Game of Thrones + BW SPL Finals = so much win. Loved the intro, had a huge smile on my face as I was reading it.

The typhoon heading for Shanghai has the most awful timing ever. So many days in the rainy season, and it had to pick the SPL Final weekend. It's really strong, too- it didn't even hit the Philippines directly but the monsoon rains it pulled were enough for classes and work to be canceled a few times last week. Weird though, the initial forecasts were for it to hit Japan after the Philippines. Anyway, I hope the organizers won't be afraid to postpone it if they see fit- the safety and comfort of the players and the audience is what's important (even if I might not be able to watch if they postpone it to next week noooooooo).
Still round the corner there may wait , A new road or a secret gate /And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I /Shall take the hidden paths that run/West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
August 05 2011 09:41 GMT
#99
Oh my god... I was laughing too much throughout all that. There was, dare I say, TOO MUCH Bisu love, and hilarious amounts of great fanboyism throughout that.

Hmm... I felt that the SKT1 fanboyism completely destroyed the KT fanboyism here.

KT FANBOYS WE GOTTA STEP IT UP A NOTCH
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8139 Posts
August 05 2011 09:46 GMT
#100
If the finals get delayed I'm going to be a sad panda.

And don't worry KT fans.. there was a semi SKT bias in last year's preview/coverage. Look what happened then? KT have been looked at as the underdogs this whole post season. Time to go back to back
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16992
Rush 123
Dewaltoss 112
Sexy 29
Bale 11
Dota 2
qojqva1967
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1226
Liquid`Hasu906
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt650
shahzam441
byalli244
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe164
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 32
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 21m
Stellar Fest
17h 21m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.