• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8917 users

[SPL] Proleague 2010-11 Grand Finals Preview - Page 4

Forum Index > News
266 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
August 05 2011 08:01 GMT
#61
yet another pl writeup with half of it being a bisu wankoff

skipped over those bits, but thanks for the rest
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
SoFool
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Malaysia96 Posts
August 05 2011 08:01 GMT
#62
man i'm hyped already, I CAN'T WAITTTTT (types operation cwal repeatedly)
Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
August 05 2011 08:04 GMT
#63
man this article is fucking sweet just tottaly epicness
Tottaly sick!!
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
August 05 2011 08:07 GMT
#64
Why does BW always have amazing previews
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
August 05 2011 08:08 GMT
#65
Holy crap BW writers why are you so awesome.
WriterXiao8~~
cybertopo
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:10:05
August 05 2011 08:08 GMT
#66
I know I'll be alone in this, but I seriously think this fan articles are just terrible, it's as if this was a Premier League forum. People always talk about quality posting: 'Team Liquid is great because of its quality posting!', but I sincerely hate the fanboy talk.

And with some fanboys you can understand the connections that makes their brain act more "hooligan-ish": their familiy has always supported the team, they live in the same city as the team... But to be able to make this deep fucking ties with korean teams just baffles me.

And I anticipate the answers: 'passion!', 'sports are more interesting with fans'.

Ok, but 'fan' comes from the word 'fanatic', which isn't, you know, a good word.

I liked the Cyriandor part and past battle reports =(. Not that it matters, since this message will get buried by quality posting such as 'SKT1 hwaitinnnnng', 'Flash gonna rape', 'SKT is the best KT'... Just wanted to express that not everyone likes this preview. Bye.
Hurr Durr
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:09:59
August 05 2011 08:09 GMT
#67
Bisu may not have as rabid a fan following as Flash


wrong statement of the year?... @_@

great writeup despite the silly SKT bias

ciryandor's part was quite good though
Writer
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:10:13
August 05 2011 08:09 GMT
#68
lol the hype articles by twotoneterran and riptide just made me hate those 2 teams even more.

i just hope this finals wont be as boring as last year
Free Palestine
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
August 05 2011 08:09 GMT
#69
On August 05 2011 15:32 HawaiianPig wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]



Looks like the designer is a fan of SKT, no KT logo to be seen.

Does anyone else think Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock and the Shield of Lannisport is acutally the KeSPA?
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 05 2011 08:14 GMT
#70
On August 05 2011 17:08 cybertopo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I know I'll be alone in this, but I seriously think this fan articles are just terrible, it's as if this was a Premier League forum. People always talk about quality posting: 'Team Liquid is great because of its quality posting!', but I sincerely hate the fanboy talk.

And with some fanboys you can understand the connections that makes their brain act more "hooligan-ish": their familiy has always supported the team, they live in the same city as the team... But to be able to make this deep fucking ties with korean teams just baffles me.

And I anticipate the answers: 'passion!', 'sports are more interesting with fans'.

Ok, but 'fan' comes from the word 'fanatic', which isn't, you know, a good word.

I liked the Cyriandor part and past battle reports =(. Not that it matters, since this message will get buried by quality posting such as 'SKT1 hwaitinnnnng', 'Flash gonna rape', 'SKT is the best KT'... Just wanted to express that not everyone likes this preview. Bye.

I agree with you if it helps :3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:19:28
August 05 2011 08:14 GMT
#71
w00t

Inevitable 4-0 victory for SKT :3

Oh, and i personally enjoy the fanboyism. More than sitting around like robots not having a shred of care for either team anw. We put our pride and our feelings alongside our favourite team(s) when they play. Though we will just be that saddened and pained in the event that they lose, we feel that much happier and gain that much more satisfaction when they win. That is what makes it fun for me.
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
Artosis Mermaid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States34 Posts
August 05 2011 08:19 GMT
#72
On August 05 2011 17:07 kellymilkies wrote:
Why does BW always have amazing previews


Someone should send this over to the SC2 writers. With a copy of Game of Thrones!
When you play the Game of Drones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
cybertopo
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain525 Posts
August 05 2011 08:19 GMT
#73
On August 05 2011 17:14 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 17:08 cybertopo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I know I'll be alone in this, but I seriously think this fan articles are just terrible, it's as if this was a Premier League forum. People always talk about quality posting: 'Team Liquid is great because of its quality posting!', but I sincerely hate the fanboy talk.

And with some fanboys you can understand the connections that makes their brain act more "hooligan-ish": their familiy has always supported the team, they live in the same city as the team... But to be able to make this deep fucking ties with korean teams just baffles me.

And I anticipate the answers: 'passion!', 'sports are more interesting with fans'.

Ok, but 'fan' comes from the word 'fanatic', which isn't, you know, a good word.

I liked the Cyriandor part and past battle reports =(. Not that it matters, since this message will get buried by quality posting such as 'SKT1 hwaitinnnnng', 'Flash gonna rape', 'SKT is the best KT'... Just wanted to express that not everyone likes this preview. Bye.

I agree with you if it helps :3


It does, it does =)
Glad you and Ideas share the feeling
Hurr Durr
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:34:10
August 05 2011 08:29 GMT
#74
On August 05 2011 17:08 cybertopo wrote:
I know I'll be alone in this, but I seriously think this fan articles are just terrible, it's as if this was a Premier League forum. People always talk about quality posting: 'Team Liquid is great because of its quality posting!', but I sincerely hate the fanboy talk.

And with some fanboys you can understand the connections that makes their brain act more "hooligan-ish": their familiy has always supported the team, they live in the same city as the team... But to be able to make this deep fucking ties with korean teams just baffles me.

And I anticipate the answers: 'passion!', 'sports are more interesting with fans'.

Ok, but 'fan' comes from the word 'fanatic', which isn't, you know, a good word.

I only liked the Cyriandor part =(. Not that it matters, since this message will get buried by quality posting such as 'SKT1 hwaitinnnnng', 'Flash gonna rape', 'SKT is the best KT'... Just wanted to express that not everyone likes this preview. Bye.


Because you may not have been looking, allow me to list the sections of the article without or with little bias:

      Semifinals Recap

      Total War piece

      CSheep's Chinese perspective on the venue

      Odds and Ends

      Ciryandor's preview (and Kiante's player bios)

And, with bias:

      SKT hype article

      KT hype article

      Kiante's joke predictions

You can use this to cherrypick what you read if you like.

Why do we include bias? You already anticipated the answer. People get passionate about the teams they back. That's a big part of why Proleague is enjoyable. Team affiliations run throughout the news post as they run throughout the community. Our writers have their own biases, as do I (can you tell which team I back?). There's a really satisfying mix of fandom and lightheartedness that can arise from backing your favourite teams and players. It both reinforces the game's competitive spirit and elevates excitement. We speak of dynasties and angry bitter rivalries with superlatives because it speaks to the emotion we feel as we watch and the emotion we hope to invigorate.

Although, if you're a KT fan, I understand. Backing a team destined to lose is always depressing!
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 05 2011 08:36 GMT
#75
hhahaahaha great write up guys ASOIAF theme is awesome.
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
August 05 2011 08:36 GMT
#76
ROFL never thought I'd see the day where ASOIAF and BW became one.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
StifSokSamurai
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States120 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:38:52
August 05 2011 08:38 GMT
#77
So excited! Truly an excellent write up.

EDIT: P.S. When I saw the Black Sheep picture I totally lost it! Such a good movie...
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 05 2011 08:38 GMT
#78
Graphics are phenomenal.

I wish SC2 articles would get this amount of passion and dedication...maybe in few years?
Nutype
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada167 Posts
August 05 2011 08:39 GMT
#79
is any kpop group gonna perform before these finals?
run devil run
cybertopo
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 08:48:09
August 05 2011 08:40 GMT
#80
I appreciate your answer HawaiianPig, and there is nothing wrong with the bias itself, I just say that I don't like it and don't find it reasonable.

Just to use it as an example, you listed the bias-parts and biasless-parts of the article, explain why the 'fan factor' is important. Everything is understandable, well written, polite, but, suddenly...

On August 05 2011 17:29 HawaiianPig wrote:
Although, if you're a KT fan, I understand. Backing a team destined to lose is always depressing!


THIS is exactly the thing I don't like. I'm not a KT fan (MBC logo in the sig) and why would it matter if I was? I'm only stating that I don't like this kind of previews. I really hope you don't think that I didn't like it because I am a KT fan and the fan-approach of the article wasn't my cup of tea.

But I suppose that excerpt is just a joke.

Anyway, I just feel guilty after expressing a negative opinion, I love TL and the work that people like you put in it, it is just that I don't like these kind of things and since I try to thank streamers, people that LR and such, I just thought it would be appropiate to express what I don't like.
Hurr Durr
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16992
Rush 123
Dewaltoss 112
Sexy 29
Bale 11
Dota 2
qojqva1967
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1226
Liquid`Hasu906
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt650
shahzam441
byalli244
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe164
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 32
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 21m
Stellar Fest
17h 21m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.