• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7242 users

[GSL] Super Tournament Finals - Page 6

Forum Index > News
160 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Flying_Cake
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada117 Posts
June 22 2011 05:43 GMT
#101
That was hilarious! Great article!
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
June 22 2011 05:45 GMT
#102
I really loved the writeups.

However I'm a bit disappointed "better with the lights off" wasn't a runner up for the song of the tournament!
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
June 22 2011 05:47 GMT
#103
AWESOME.

Tremendous write up. Great work!
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Tosho
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia498 Posts
June 22 2011 06:13 GMT
#104
Great write up, thanks for your hard work!
Geniuszerg
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada454 Posts
June 22 2011 06:24 GMT
#105
lee yong ho?
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 07:22:05
June 22 2011 07:21 GMT
#106
On June 22 2011 12:54 sandyph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 07:43 eviltomahawk wrote:
That last picture of Polt is baffling.

"Do not trust! My CPU"

Me no understand the purpose of those words.

Anyways, fantastic write-up. I missed the Finals, and I really enjoyed the write-up of MMA vs Polt. However, I skipped DRG vs sC since I intend on watching that excellent series.

I want to see John's reaction to that excellent awards section.


he was mocking SlayerS_Boxer Intel i7 commercial where the catchphrase is Boxer saying "Trust your CPU" while pointing to his head

Thank you, I laugh at "DONT TRUST YOUR CPU" for nearly a week but I didn't even knew it was actually meaning something xD
Rawr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden624 Posts
June 22 2011 07:35 GMT
#107
On June 22 2011 15:24 Geniuszerg wrote:
lee yong ho?

That is (T)Flash. His name is usually spelled Lee Young Ho, though (isn't it?).
Joo Se-Hyuk
Momomelo
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada35 Posts
June 22 2011 08:10 GMT
#108
Oh god, I can't agree more with Revival vs. Ensnare. That game was an eyesore to watch,
VIPww
robin19999
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands246 Posts
June 22 2011 08:10 GMT
#109
Killer should have won the best hair award...
MountainGoat
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States508 Posts
June 22 2011 08:16 GMT
#110
On June 22 2011 11:33 Fionn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 09:29 BearChocolate wrote:
Some of the awards seem kind of mean spirited. They were straight up bashing some players but people are usually banned for doing so...

I mostly enjoyed the article but it seemed like they were almost too aggressive bashing some of the people.


It's really a tongue and cheek article. I don't hate TheBest, ButterFlyEffect or any of the players I teased. I was just being honest about what I say: ButterFlyEffect was the worst player (again, like mentioned, no fault of his own since he was without a team and probably not doing SC2 full time), TheBest was hated (in a comedic love to hate kinda way), and Revivial/Ensnare was just an awful match. I believe even after Revivial won that game, he said in his interview that he hated how he played.

Next time I'll lighten up on the ribbing if you guys think I was a wee bit too harsh.

Also tell me some awards you would like to see in the future. I would love some input.

P.S: I feel like an idiot for not putting the u in Lee Young-Ho.


Just for the records I did enjoy the article and especially the awards section it just seemed slightly venomous at times.

On the subject of awards we'd like to see I'd like to see a very specific micro or move that someone made recognized. Sometimes people miss how a small thing can make a big difference in an engagement and it would be cool to see that pointed out.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 08:20:40
June 22 2011 08:19 GMT
#111
Man, I KNEW I shouldn't ever have read this thread. All the memories come back now, memories that made me completely zone out out of SC2/TL for about 3 days and miss most of DH. It's actually longer than the basic temp ban. Maybe I should just have got myself banned instead, at least I would have gotten the chance to vent that way.

And on top of everything, THEY get associated with the SKT name in the write-up. Vengeance shall be brutal and merciless in the GSTL group game. It better be... -_-

Gosh, it still hurts.
anthraxalfa
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden26 Posts
June 22 2011 08:40 GMT
#112
I don't even recognise the song that won the song awards.

For me, the song winner is "Sixx AM - This is Gonna Hurt". I'm surprise this song wasn't even mentioned. "Emphatic - Bounce" is my runner-up, perhaps joined in by "Kill Corps - Save Me".

Otherwise very good awards !
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Dezire
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands640 Posts
June 22 2011 08:50 GMT
#113
man thats awesome, hope this will be regular
BoxeR, HuK, IdrA, Minigun, MVP <3
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
June 22 2011 08:56 GMT
#114
Fantastic write-up. Seriously, this was such an enjoyable read.

confusedcrib, Fionn, Pokebunny and WaxAngel, you guys did an amazing job.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
June 22 2011 09:04 GMT
#115
Thank you! Amazing write up, you did really choose John's worst picture
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 09:07:28
June 22 2011 09:07 GMT
#116
Junkka awards is the best shit I've seen all week. Awesome write up and thanks for the read!
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
June 22 2011 09:27 GMT
#117
lo, good stuff
First time i saw those Firebat ceremonies, funny as
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
mutantmagnet
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3807 Posts
June 22 2011 09:53 GMT
#118
On June 22 2011 07:43 eviltomahawk wrote:
That last picture of Polt is baffling.

"Do not trust! My CPU"

Me no understand the purpose of those words.


The sentence is wrong. It's "Your CPU" not "My CPU."
Polt was making a diss on both Boxer and MMA by referring to a commercial Boxer did for Intel.


TenurialDroid
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7 Posts
June 22 2011 10:29 GMT
#119
Amazing. I love how blunt you guys are. when someone shows up and leaves after one loss you give him "most forgettable player" award and berate them to the point they just uninstall starcraft and give up all together. its messed up, but hilarious and realistic. there is no blue ribbons for participating; you go big or you go home.
life is an aimless drive that you take alone, mine as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home -Jimmy Pop<3
naedesc
Profile Joined April 2011
7 Posts
June 22 2011 10:46 GMT
#120
Wow great write up! especially love all the BW references

also, cholera's voice in that firebathero video was a hidden surprise
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1986
Shuttle 920
Dewaltoss 74
Yoon 54
Hm[arnc] 49
Bale 27
Noble 25
ZergMaN 14
yabsab 11
ggaemo 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1126
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor682
Other Games
summit1g8324
C9.Mang0277
PiGStarcraft276
Mew2King145
ViBE54
ArmadaUGS45
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1112
• Lourlo1015
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 9m
OSC
16h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.