• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8189 users

TL Mafia 2 [GG] - Page 86

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 349 Next
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
March 21 2008 04:19 GMT
#1701
If you're a DT, you should do investigate ace, period. If you haven't you should do it now. It doesn't matter that we're wasting 4 role checks. It's worth it to make sure that the job is actually done.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 21 2008 04:21 GMT
#1702
random: right now I think everyone is just waiting for the mafia to strike tonight b4 believing everything.

Once tomorrow comes and the voting starts, a lot of the Townies will have their minds made up and know where to go from there.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 04:56 GMT
#1703
On March 21 2008 10:40 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2008 05:25 OneBlueAugust wrote:
This may have been clarified earlier, but activity is judged not just by forum posts, right? I've been relatively active in PMs, as I feel that's the only wise way to express my thoughts at the moment, but I haven't posted here yet at all.

Active in PM's huh? Who can verify your activity?


My Dota buddies. If it becomes necessary, they can back me up. Although I guess I shouldn't have said PMs, as it's been conversations off of TL.net, but it's pretty much the same thing.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-21 05:02:40
March 21 2008 05:02 GMT
#1704
On March 21 2008 13:56 OneBlueAugust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2008 10:40 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On March 21 2008 05:25 OneBlueAugust wrote:
This may have been clarified earlier, but activity is judged not just by forum posts, right? I've been relatively active in PMs, as I feel that's the only wise way to express my thoughts at the moment, but I haven't posted here yet at all.

Active in PM's huh? Who can verify your activity?


My Dota buddies. If it becomes necessary, they can back me up. Although I guess I shouldn't have said PMs, as it's been conversations off of TL.net, but it's pretty much the same thing.


i vouch for august ^_^
he's one of the group of 3 i mentioned earlier (it's actually 4 now!) that 'know' each other's roles due to sidebets from before the game.
and obviously it's in quotes because we could've lied. i wouldn't want to be a buddy with a liar though. *cough*
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 05:06 GMT
#1705
Btw, that guy who tried to start another game of mafia isn't playing this time, is he? Cause if so, the whole Eddie storyline could point to him... Trying to wrench leadership away from Chuiu and all - specifically, this quote: "We don't like the way you're running things, and its time for change, either you submit and follow my leadership or you get to taste lead for dinner".

If he's not, maybe someone that helped him start that failed game. I didn't really pay attention to it, and I don't want to go read the failed mafia game's thread, so people that know the history of that better might want to think about it and compare it against who's playing this time.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
March 21 2008 05:07 GMT
#1706
On March 21 2008 14:06 OneBlueAugust wrote:
Btw, that guy who tried to start another game of mafia isn't playing this time, is he? Cause if so, the whole Eddie storyline could point to him... Trying to wrench leadership away from Chuiu and all - specifically, this quote: "We don't like the way you're running things, and its time for change, either you submit and follow my leadership or you get to taste lead for dinner".

If he's not, maybe someone that helped him start that failed game. I didn't really pay attention to it, and I don't want to go read the failed mafia game's thread, so people that know the history of that better might want to think about it and compare it against who's playing this time.


Tracil isn't playing this time.
sAviOr...
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 05:11 GMT
#1707
Well, if he had someone helping him run it, or if someone posted a lot last game agreeing that Tracil's way was better, it could point to them. Just a thought.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 05:13 GMT
#1708
Also, did anyone make a comment in this thread, insinuating that if someone got elected mayor that the town would enact something similar to martial law? Cause that person could be the one that this quote: "Lets just hope the right mayor gets elected, that would speed things up as the town declares martial law" is pointing to.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 21 2008 05:20 GMT
#1709
@august
the person who helped run tracil's game is alethios, who is playing this game

the person who said anything about martial law was only rts)nightmare and this was in the first thread, and he is playing.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 05:22 GMT
#1710
Seems like a few decent leads on them, then.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-21 05:28:47
March 21 2008 05:25 GMT
#1711
On March 21 2008 08:11 Naib wrote:
The "selfish" part wasn't actually directed at you in person, just in general.

Oh and Shallow: ur mum ;(

See: the above one-liner is the quality of most of your posts made here. And it's not only me noticing / saying (Hell, it's not even only about Mafia but TL in general, just look around). Maybe everyone on the road is going on the wrong side...but maybe it's you?

/derailment off

Can't wait to see who dies when they day arises...That'll be how much hours approximately from here on?


Stir away, I'm not posting in the thread any more if this is how everyone's going to bandwagon against me. PM me if you want to discuss anything.

Any comments directed against my person or my posting habits can wind up in my PM box, rather than cluttering up the thread.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 21 2008 05:28 GMT
#1712
On March 21 2008 14:22 OneBlueAugust wrote:
Seems like a few decent leads on them, then.


personally i doubt they were intended clues (at least intended to be interpreted in this way) but you never know (no but seriously, i think it's really unlikely those are clues at all, let alone clues to those people, but..)
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 05:50 GMT
#1713
Perhaps not, but if there's any useful clues at all in the Day post, I'd think they would be in what the mafia said. The names of the mafia have way too many red herrings in them to be useful at this point, in my opinion.

I guess since a huge percentage of the names in the Day post have to do with Quentin Tarantino movies, it would be wise to check up on any references to him in people's names, posts, or signatures... Or even anagrams of Tarantino etc. But I still think the information that can be used by the town will only come out of the quotes.

And yes, I do realize that my name could tie me to Mr. Blue. However, as Shallow[Bay] showed, following the "clue" of the reservoir dogs names fingers tons of people, which is why I think it's a red herring. If the names have any meaning at all, it's a deeper on, such as the tie-in to one director or type of movie.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
March 21 2008 06:04 GMT
#1714
On March 21 2008 14:50 OneBlueAugust wrote:
And yes, I do realize that my name could tie me to Mr. Blue. However, as Shallow[Bay] showed, following the "clue" of the reservoir dogs names fingers tons of people, which is why I think it's a red herring. If the names have any meaning at all, it's a deeper on, such as the tie-in to one director or type of movie.


Although I agree that the clue is too vague, chuiu specifically says that he avoids doing intentional red herrings.
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 06:11 GMT
#1715
I don't think it's an intentional red herring. I just think it has a deeper meaning. People are looking for usernames with colors in them, or usernames in a certain color, while I think the focus should be looking for someone that is related to the overall arch of the storyline. However, I may be overthinking it...

One other thing before bed. The quote I mentioned previously: "We don't like the way you're running things, it's time for a change" has a similar connotation to MidnightGladius's signature, which reads:

It's time to acknowledge the inevitable. Stifle your pride and embrace the glory of change.

I still think if that's pointing to anyone, it would be pointing to someone that was involved in the other failed mafia game, but it's a similarity that should be pointed out.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-21 06:24:35
March 21 2008 06:17 GMT
#1716
Just so the mods know, I'm not spamming this thread. I'm just the type of person that always has one more thought after I hit the post button, and I don't think editing in a mafia game should be allowed.

Anyway, the reason I think the quotes I mentioned are probably clues is because they stand out from the rest of the storyline. Perhaps I see this dichotomy because I'm a writer, but the dialogue seems very stilted and unnatural, as if it was inserted into the story, instead of being written in along with everything else. If that's the case, then it was probably put in after a general outline of the day post had been fleshed out. The only thing that would be added at that point are the clues, which is why I feel that the dialogue contains the relevant information.

This theory is further supported by the fact that some of the dialogue is double-punctuated (IE: a quote ending with an exclamation, followed by an extraneous period). Perhaps Chuiu and Dapperdan just don't pay much attention to their grammar rules, but the other possible explanation for that is that the sentence was inserted in, and they forgot to delete the extra period.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-21 06:39:23
March 21 2008 06:38 GMT
#1717
On March 21 2008 11:20 Lysithea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2008 10:45 ~OpZ~ wrote:
about roleblock


That's assuming mafia can't roleblock eachother.. can they?
Nothing in the OP says they can't roleblock other mafias. Would be nice if Chuiu could answer this otherwise the grand plan could've been to roleblock ace for "proof" and therefore get a shitload of info on blues.

Theorycrafting again, I'm pretty sure ace is legit myself, just getting my thoughts out there. I'd wait ~½-1day more before I'd completely trust him.

The saboteur may target anybody, I thought that was obvious.

On March 21 2008 12:10 Falcynn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2008 12:04 ahrara_ wrote:
On March 21 2008 11:18 SonuvBob wrote:
If Ace isn't roleblocked, it'll show up when he votes tomorrow (6 votes vs 1). It'd be a bad idea to lie about that.

It doesn't affect voting.
ehhh...I think Chuiu might have to clear that up. It says that it doesn't affect the right to vote, not how many votes you get.

Edit: damn, beaten by opz

Extra votes are an ability of the mayor. Abilities are disabled by the Saboteur. Ergo extra votes are disabled.

On March 21 2008 15:17 OneBlueAugust wrote:
This theory is further supported by the fact that some of the dialogue is double-punctuated (IE: a quote ending with an exclamation, followed by an extraneous period). Perhaps Chuiu and Dapperdan just don't pay much attention to their grammar rules, but the other possible explanation for that is that the sentence was inserted in, and they forgot to delete the extra period.

I put extra care and dedication. to every post I make to make sure they are spelling and gramatical correctness
♞
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 06:49 GMT
#1718
[B]I put extra care and dedication. to every post I make to make sure they are spelling and gramatical correctness


Sarcasm I hope :/
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Queasy
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States48 Posts
March 21 2008 06:52 GMT
#1719
On March 21 2008 15:17 OneBlueAugust wrote:
Just so the mods know, I'm not spamming this thread. I'm just the type of person that always has one more thought after I hit the post button, and I don't think editing in a mafia game should be allowed.

Anyway, the reason I think the quotes I mentioned are probably clues is because they stand out from the rest of the storyline. Perhaps I see this dichotomy because I'm a writer, but the dialogue seems very stilted and unnatural, as if it was inserted into the story, instead of being written in along with everything else. If that's the case, then it was probably put in after a general outline of the day post had been fleshed out. The only thing that would be added at that point are the clues, which is why I feel that the dialogue contains the relevant information.

This theory is further supported by the fact that some of the dialogue is double-punctuated (IE: a quote ending with an exclamation, followed by an extraneous period). Perhaps Chuiu and Dapperdan just don't pay much attention to their grammar rules, but the other possible explanation for that is that the sentence was inserted in, and they forgot to delete the extra period.


Yet you edit this post
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
March 21 2008 06:58 GMT
#1720
Eh, same line of thought and all. I was already spamming, and I figured adding another addition would be too much overkill.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 349 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings93
SHIN 44
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 245
ByuN 209
mouzHeroMarine 63
SHIN 44
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38543
Calm 10071
Rain 2995
soO 841
BeSt 612
FanTaSy 572
Bisu 473
Stork 446
Soulkey 342
Soma 312
[ Show more ]
Rush 239
firebathero 233
Barracks 116
Last 107
Pusan 69
Mind 69
Light 54
Shinee 47
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 43
Sharp 31
Killer 30
Snow 29
Terrorterran 25
hero 23
Sacsri 22
HiyA 22
Shine 17
yabsab 17
Trap 16
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
zelot 14
Noble 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5843
League of Legends
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli539
x6flipin4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
gofns37469
singsing1724
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 68
• Gemini_19 2
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV329
League of Legends
• Jankos3100
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 23m
OSC
12h 23m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.