• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8579 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 497

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 495 496 497 498 499 555 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 22:49 GMT
#9921
On March 18 2024 07:39 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 07:33 Palmar wrote:
On March 18 2024 07:31 DarthPunk wrote:
Palmar why do you not question your town read on me if I get you so wrong in that case I made?

Why should I?

Aren't you happy that I spew you town if I'm mafia?


I’m trying to think about you as if you are town.

It's really simple.

I have thought you are town quite consistently for the longest time. Not everyone that thinks I'm mafia can be scum because then this game would've been like 19v3 or something.

So, are you mafia? Based on mechanics, probably not. You did after all shoot a mafia. Now I know you're a bold player so you could actually pull this off as mafia, but even that worry is irrelevant.

so mechanics and my read points to > town

Maybe you're mafia because of NK? Idk, but I don't really like NK analysis. Mafia this game is making "clever" shots that seem aimed at disrupting town. But it really doesn't even matter, it's just a wifom bomb and I'm going to ignore it.

So the one thing that remains is the case? idk.

Honestly, this is how town needs to deal with you:

Step 1: kill the other 2 mafia. You will always be the last man standing. This serves 2 purposes:

1) It allows more nights with you alive to pass, forcing mafia to repeatedly choose whether to shoot you or not if you're town
2) It gives you time to be as much of a thorn in the side of mafia as humanly possible. You need to MAKE MAFIA SHOOT YOU, or regret it if they don't.

Now if you're mafia, none of this changes. Obviously if we KNOW you're mafia we lynch you, but we don't. So we do the best job we can of finding your two teammates, and let you sweat it till lylo, and even in lylo if it's a 4v3 as it will be if I die, then town needs to come together on someone other than you.

Your time comes in 2v1, and depending on your alignment, that's when you get to make your case.

You have a job now, which is simply to make mafia shoot you. You have time to shine through in that job.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 17 2024 22:55 GMT
#9922
The ‚clever‘ shots definitely don‘t point to Palmar.
Actually we could try to find out who‘s mafia after the Slam check because it must have been pretty embarrassing to lose Oats because someone thought it was smart to leave him alive.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 22:55 GMT
#9923
Anyway, I'm leaving in the next half an hour or so, so going to get my affairs in order.

I stand by my list post from earlier, but I want to throw in a few more things.

If mafia isn't just in my bottom like 4, and I miss one, it's probably going to be iamperfection. Remember when I talked about these "mind models" of players, he is the one that has most obviously played outside the model I have of him. In my mind iamp is one of the absolute top players on this forum as town, and he is in the "sane" category of really great players. The "sane" category includes people like sandro, syllo, marv, and iamp, while the "insane" category is also really good players, but they're just weird like hf, koshi, rayn, bugs etc.

So I have to either conclude that iamp is capable of pretty irrational tunneling and weirdness, or I have to conclude he's mafia.

I can't really decide which is which, and I don't know if I'll have the time. For the purposes of current state I am considering him town, mostly because of stuff like thread activity, the few times I've really agreed with the stuff he says, and the reads of dead townies. I think it's more likely that he flips town, but he needs to be held accountable.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 22:55 GMT
#9924
The thing is palmar is that I am really weak to you being smart and reasonable and witty. But I don’t know if that is enough to justify it lynching you when your case is the most tangible lead I have got right now.

I am not sure what teams make sense without you.

I’m guessing something like Rels/dmb/jealous/mz
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 22:57 GMT
#9925
My list stands: from towny to scummy

Palmar
DP
Vivax
iamp
jat
Rels
MZ
Jealous
DMB

Yes I think DMB may be the scummiest person here.

I am almost certainly giving a shitty townread to a mafia somewhere in there. Despite the concerns regarding iamp it also may just be jat, or even one of the mechanically "confirmed" players. Sadly that probably won't be my job to deal with.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 22:58 GMT
#9926
On March 18 2024 07:55 DarthPunk wrote:
The thing is palmar is that I am really weak to you being smart and reasonable and witty. But I don’t know if that is enough to justify it lynching you when your case is the most tangible lead I have got right now.

I am not sure what teams make sense without you.

I’m guessing something like Rels/dmb/jealous/mz

Yeah but if it consoles you at all, your case is trash.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 22:59 GMT
#9927
On March 18 2024 07:58 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 07:55 DarthPunk wrote:
The thing is palmar is that I am really weak to you being smart and reasonable and witty. But I don’t know if that is enough to justify it lynching you when your case is the most tangible lead I have got right now.

I am not sure what teams make sense without you.

I’m guessing something like Rels/dmb/jealous/mz

Yeah but if it consoles you at all, your case is trash.


It doesn’t. I also don’t think it is trash.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 23:00 GMT
#9928
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:00 GMT
#9929
This town, lynching a 25 page Palmar on a weekend with a 90% marv townread behind me.

What an artist the world is losing!
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:01 GMT
#9930
On March 18 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.

I know buddy, I know

Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 23:01 GMT
#9931
On March 18 2024 08:00 Palmar wrote:
This town, lynching a 25 page Palmar on a weekend with a 90% marv townread behind me.

What an artist the world is losing!


I don’t think you are getting lynched fwiw.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 23:02 GMT
#9932
On March 18 2024 08:01 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.

I know buddy, I know


!!!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:03 GMT
#9933
On March 18 2024 08:01 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 08:00 Palmar wrote:
This town, lynching a 25 page Palmar on a weekend with a 90% marv townread behind me.

What an artist the world is losing!


I don’t think you are getting lynched fwiw.

Iamp hasn't moved. And even then, unless Jealous is town, mafia can just take this lynch as long as even one of them is reasonably hidden.

Like they can sacrifice 2 for 1 here, shut down all discussion for the next 2 cycles as the counterlynches happen, and leave very tired and strategically picked 2 townies left with the best hidden mafia in lylo.

It's going to be me or Jealous, and everyone else should vote the same person. It should be 8v1 in either direction because splitting this allows mafia to control the vote.

I know it won't happen because people are stubborn egomaniacs, but that would allow town to guarantee the lynch with no bullshit shenanigans.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 17 2024 23:04 GMT
#9934
On March 18 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.


Rels ?

Guy with god reads, but absent parked on Palmar.

It‘s who you can bribe me with
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:05 GMT
#9935
Really wish we could have the CC lynch back. We needed that.

I don't think there was anything to be done about the VE lynch, that was always going to happen.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 23:05 GMT
#9936
On March 18 2024 08:03 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 08:01 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 18 2024 08:00 Palmar wrote:
This town, lynching a 25 page Palmar on a weekend with a 90% marv townread behind me.

What an artist the world is losing!


I don’t think you are getting lynched fwiw.

Iamp hasn't moved. And even then, unless Jealous is town, mafia can just take this lynch as long as even one of them is reasonably hidden.

Like they can sacrifice 2 for 1 here, shut down all discussion for the next 2 cycles as the counterlynches happen, and leave very tired and strategically picked 2 townies left with the best hidden mafia in lylo.

It's going to be me or Jealous, and everyone else should vote the same person. It should be 8v1 in either direction because splitting this allows mafia to control the vote.

I know it won't happen because people are stubborn egomaniacs, but that would allow town to guarantee the lynch with no bullshit shenanigans.


If people try to ninja a quick swap I will swap off. I can promise you that much at least.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:06 GMT
#9937
On March 18 2024 08:04 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.


Rels ?

Guy with god reads, but absent parked on Palmar.

It‘s who you can bribe me with

My problem with Rels is that he has godlike reads on everyone but me.

I am egocentric, but can I be egocentric enough to think that was his entire damn strategy? Just TMI everything and tunnel me?

Him just being town is a simpler explanation. But I can't guarantee it.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 23:07 GMT
#9938
On March 18 2024 08:04 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Like the fact this game is so hard points to someone as mafia who is really reasonable and townie looking who is mafia.


Rels ?

Guy with god reads, but absent parked on Palmar.

It‘s who you can bribe me with


I’ve thought he was mafia when I thought palmar is town.

Now I think palmar is mafia.

Do you really want to go into the next phase without at least one of these wagons resolved?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 17 2024 23:07 GMT
#9939
I set an alarm to come back and check the thread, doesn't seem like much has changed.

I did enjoy this post:

On March 18 2024 07:33 Palmar wrote:
I'm really enjoying this game btw.

Not because I think I'm playing well (I'm not) or that it's easy (It's not). It's actually been really hard on occasion to motivate myself to get back to the computer and yet again defend against the mountains of bullshit.

But on the other hand, from a community/game perspective, we're dealing with a really solid performance by mafia here.

The one really disappointing bit is that our blues absolutely sucked. None of the claims were needed, and now we have no recourse. Just imagine how useful a green or red check would be today? Or maybe JSL is still alive if he doesn't claim gunsmith. Maybe mafia tries to claim it and he knows he can cc if they try.

But whatever, it is what it is. We probably concentrated our blue power on day 1 and 2, and since then we've been flying solo. It's been hard.


[image loading]


Straight up mocking us to our faces at this point.

DMB is making me nervous shenanigans are afoot again, I will not vote for anybody but Palmar or Jealous this cycle.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 17 2024 23:08 GMT
#9940
Lol MZ

Maybe vote Jealous then because I'm such a nice guy?
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 495 496 497 498 499 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Yoon 118
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 551
Other Games
olofmeister1443
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes278
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE70
Mew2King51
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 41m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.