• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9577 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 461

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 459 460 461 462 463 555 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 09:53 GMT
#9201
On March 16 2024 18:50 DarthPunk wrote:
are you not going to be around that much then Palmar?

Nope, I'll try, but honestly nope.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 09:56 GMT
#9202
I think you should read MZ's filter if you want to lynch him at least.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 09:56 GMT
#9203
Can I ask you why you never really pursued your reads on Oats and TTS on day one?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:12 GMT
#9204
On March 16 2024 18:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Can I ask you why you never really pursued your reads on Oats and TTS on day one?

TTS was never a "read" per se. I noticed he said something like "I'm not going to do anything till day 4" which to me was weird because he expected to be alive by then. But I also recognized it was a very minor thing.

He did post though, and I remember someone asking about the difference between hapa and TTS in my views, and that is exactly that. Hapa just straight up left. TTS made some bad posts and left. Trfel made some decent posts and left. I considered them all vigi targets/possible policy lynches on day 1/night 1, but obviously each situation is different.

I can't claim I "caught" TTS, he was just mafia by measurable heuristics.

Regarding Oats, and I know this isn't going to sound great for me. I didn't do great on the scumhunting part in the last game I played. It's been like 4 years since I played mafia, and I lynched HF despite the fact I should've known better, and it took me a long time to find both dmb and rayn. I essentially had to rely on marv bailing me out of a lynch, and then on cooperation with sandroba that I should've seen as town much earlier to finish the game. Yes, I got around to voting only mafia for the last few days, but it took me longer than expected.

So, this game, and this is still the case, and I really need a smaller game to clear my head a bit, my confidence has been shaken a little bit. Just look at the lack of "fuck you, you're mafia" I've done this game. I'm genuinely not sure on anything.

So coming back to Oats, I made a really, really good point that should obviously point to the dude being mafia. The point being that Oats announced a run for mayor, and then never, ever tried to follow through with it at all. And it's not just that he didn't follow through, it's how he didn't. His play devolved into questions and comments about other people. I would've forgiven it if his eye caught something interesting to chase, but he just said "I wanna be mayor" and then started looking for other random shit to comment on.

But alas, Koshi, who I strongly believed was town at the time, and through most of the game, started berating me for calling Oats scum and pointed out my case was just based on one thing. So I kinda dropped it then. Then I fully moved Oats into the town column when he actually made a great, but obviously NAI point about me posting really townie shit and marv still being obstinate about it. Of course marv would come around later, but the fact that Oats saw it first just let him right into my pocket, a position he rode till death.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:15 GMT
#9205
On March 16 2024 18:23 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 17:04 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 16 2024 14:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Koshi was actually a viable mislynch probably so I think it points to the fact that he was on the right direction.

(this is all surface level ignoring layers of WIFOM)

I don't think Koshi was a viable mislynch at all.


I think you are wrong.

I don't think he was.

Like despite all his ridiculous antics he was always at least an associate, if not a full member of my towncircle.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:23 GMT
#9206
On March 16 2024 11:22 DarthPunk wrote:
Im not sure Palmar is mafia, but I am not defending him anymore either.

I will view the case on its merits.

If Palmar is mafia it makes sense to keep me around using my thread pull to defend him.

That's ok, I don't really need you to defend me.

But you need to remember that you thought I was town based on things I did (posting) and you're wavering on things the mafia did (nk).

I can't control the mafia NK, so the situation that comes from it is what it is. All I can do is continue posting.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:26 GMT
#9207
On March 16 2024 12:11 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 08:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 09 2024 08:28 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 07:32 Palmar wrote:
Like I think you've done everything right if you're town Oats, and if you're mafia massive kudos for wool stuff. I am NEVER lynching you here without a red check.

I'll stick around for a little bit while doing other stuff, but I'm just not confident enough in my reads to actually move somewhere else. I think.

he says this and then votes VE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I mean he also says this just prior:
On March 09 2024 07:27 Palmar wrote:
On March 09 2024 07:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Hey look Palmar Sandro thought i was town too.
Just like for your records
On March 06 2024 11:00 sandroba wrote:
oats is very townie imo


Yeah I know

I'm like this close to saying fuck math and changing my opinion.

But you did make a case on me, which looks bad for you. Not sure I should blame you for that though.

Like I'm almost tempted to just fucking lynch slam lol

The only solid thing he told me in our chat is that his vote was for the lulz but maybe he just doesn't want to justify changing his mind and going with his gut?

Maybe meapak cant be with palmar with this post.


Oh I completely forgot I actually told MZ that I was doing it for the lulz. Remember the vote isn't even close when I did it.

That looks better for me, thanks MZ.

Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 10:28 GMT
#9208
On March 16 2024 19:23 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 11:22 DarthPunk wrote:
Im not sure Palmar is mafia, but I am not defending him anymore either.

I will view the case on its merits.

If Palmar is mafia it makes sense to keep me around using my thread pull to defend him.

That's ok, I don't really need you to defend me.

But you need to remember that you thought I was town based on things I did (posting) and you're wavering on things the mafia did (nk).

I can't control the mafia NK, so the situation that comes from it is what it is. All I can do is continue posting.


This is a really good point actually.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:31 GMT
#9209
On March 16 2024 11:21 iamperfection wrote:
I think Palmar just has to be mafia. I have listed the reasons several times and i just keep wifoming myself out of it. His reactions to the CC flip just adds to it he had no real thoughts or analysis to make as he isn't interested in figuring things out.

This is the kinda shit that keeps you out of my towncircle.

Of course I have no reaction. I "knew" she was town and I was highly annoyed at her. The people who I feel in hindsight swung the lynch onto her (DP/Vivax) are my town circle people so while I don't quite understand why they did it after all the dick move analysis, I don't think this warrants looking into them.

DP shot mafia. He gets to be alive until lylo. That is the earliest I think he should be looked into.
Vivax is a bed we kinda made on day 1, but there are additional reasons to think he may be town. I liked his early posting, and I don't think he does the whole paranoia thing as mafia.

So why are my "reactions to the cc flip" bad? There is nothing to learn. We lynched a townie who everyone thought was town.

The only way it actually becomes interesting if we confirm Jealous is mafia. But that would be a pre-flip association and you know how I feel about even post-flip associations.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:34 GMT
#9210
On March 16 2024 19:28 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 19:23 Palmar wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:22 DarthPunk wrote:
Im not sure Palmar is mafia, but I am not defending him anymore either.

I will view the case on its merits.

If Palmar is mafia it makes sense to keep me around using my thread pull to defend him.

That's ok, I don't really need you to defend me.

But you need to remember that you thought I was town based on things I did (posting) and you're wavering on things the mafia did (nk).

I can't control the mafia NK, so the situation that comes from it is what it is. All I can do is continue posting.


This is a really good point actually.


I mean I'd make it as mafia as well, the point isn't good from me as town, it's just really good generic mafia playing advice.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 10:34 GMT
#9211
Well Palmar if you are pocketing me this game so be it, you slipped straight back into my pocket.

Vote: Jealous
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:34 GMT
#9212
I wasn't there, why did we swing the vote onto CC?

I thought we agreed she was innocent child?
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 10:36 GMT
#9213
On March 16 2024 19:34 Palmar wrote:
I wasn't there, why did we swing the vote onto CC?

I thought we agreed she was innocent child?


Chance of her being unsatisfied traitor 20%, 80% pity and game purity.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 10:36 GMT
#9214
and lack of a clear direction played a part.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:37 GMT
#9215
I hate reading MZ so much.

I'm so certain he has to be mafia for the game to make sense. And my feeling throughout the game, and even very often in his posting he sounds like passive mafia. He's never in the thick of things. He even did the same dumbass "I'll be mayor" thing that Oats did.

But he's just such a genuinely likable person that I don't want to call him scum, and it makes it hard. I'm just a short bit into his filter and I need to head out now.

I am going to be far less available than yesterday, so you know, if you wanna take a shot at me, your shot is today boys
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 10:38 GMT
#9216
On March 16 2024 19:36 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 19:34 Palmar wrote:
I wasn't there, why did we swing the vote onto CC?

I thought we agreed she was innocent child?


Chance of her being unsatisfied traitor 20%, 80% pity and game purity.

I was kinda happy with just letting her live and calling the game invalid if she mafia.

But whatever.
Computer says mafia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 11:08 GMT
#9217
On March 16 2024 19:38 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 19:36 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2024 19:34 Palmar wrote:
I wasn't there, why did we swing the vote onto CC?

I thought we agreed she was innocent child?


Chance of her being unsatisfied traitor 20%, 80% pity and game purity.

I was kinda happy with just letting her live and calling the game invalid if she mafia.

But whatever.


You had to be there I guess.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 16 2024 11:55 GMT
#9218
Can you let us know who you mason please jealous?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 16 2024 12:50 GMT
#9219
Day Five Vote Count

Jealous (2): Justanothertownie, DarthPunk
Palmar (1): Rels

Not Voting (6): Vivax, Jealous, Meapak_Ziphh, Palmar, die_meatbaby, iamperfection

With 2 votes, Jealous is currently set to be lynched!

The deadline is Monday, Mar 18 2:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in


iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 16 2024 13:54 GMT
#9220
Mz can you give a full summary of your discord with palmar. How many posts overall were there too.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 459 460 461 462 463 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 723
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18687
firebathero 168
Rush 125
Dewaltoss 100
Sexy 25
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc8170
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever108
Counter-Strike
fl0m1534
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1130
Liquid`Hasu750
XaKoH 153
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby3321
summit1g2866
FrodaN765
Beastyqt719
ceh9567
byalli197
ArmadaUGS188
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe160
Hui .143
shahzam95
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1580
League of Legends
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• WagamamaTV238
• Shiphtur205
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 58m
Stellar Fest
17h 58m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.