• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:45
CEST 20:45
KST 03:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 386

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 384 385 386 387 388 555 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 13 2024 20:41 GMT
#7701
On March 14 2024 05:39 Jealous wrote:
Damn, some of those Koshi posts look even worse than I remember them to be. Good dig, CopCake.

I think the "pitting DP against CopCake" seems a bit too paranoid for me to jump on. DP seems like the type of person who would do whatever they felt like, whenever they felt like it. I doubt anyone could coerce him to cause drama for no reason. This is probably aided by the fact that I perceived a lot of your posts/"style" the same way he did, and no one pushed me to do that, either.

Back to Koshi, the changes in reads on people like MZ feel almost gut-based, or at least they are not fully explained. I don't think that's necessarily AI overall; several people here seem to hop from one wagon to another, change their reads on a dime, etc. and they can't all be scum. Specific instances can open the window for pressure though, so I like that CopCake pointed out specific inconsistencies. Let's see what Koshi does in response.

I have already responded.
I think it is a tip top case and welcome your vote on me.
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 20:41 GMT
#7702
On March 14 2024 05:39 Jealous wrote:
Damn, some of those Koshi posts look even worse than I remember them to be. Good dig, CopCake.

I think the "pitting DP against CopCake" seems a bit too paranoid for me to jump on. DP seems like the type of person who would do whatever they felt like, whenever they felt like it. I doubt anyone could coerce him to cause drama for no reason. This is probably aided by the fact that I perceived a lot of your posts/"style" the same way he did, and no one pushed me to do that, either.

Back to Koshi, the changes in reads on people like MZ feel almost gut-based, or at least they are not fully explained. I don't think that's necessarily AI overall; several people here seem to hop from one wagon to another, change their reads on a dime, etc. and they can't all be scum. Specific instances can open the window for pressure though, so I like that CopCake pointed out specific inconsistencies. Let's see what Koshi does in response.

Koshis response will be to yell that Palmar and I are mafia some more. I guarantee it.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 13 2024 20:41 GMT
#7703
On March 14 2024 05:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 05:39 Jealous wrote:
Damn, some of those Koshi posts look even worse than I remember them to be. Good dig, CopCake.

I think the "pitting DP against CopCake" seems a bit too paranoid for me to jump on. DP seems like the type of person who would do whatever they felt like, whenever they felt like it. I doubt anyone could coerce him to cause drama for no reason. This is probably aided by the fact that I perceived a lot of your posts/"style" the same way he did, and no one pushed me to do that, either.

Back to Koshi, the changes in reads on people like MZ feel almost gut-based, or at least they are not fully explained. I don't think that's necessarily AI overall; several people here seem to hop from one wagon to another, change their reads on a dime, etc. and they can't all be scum. Specific instances can open the window for pressure though, so I like that CopCake pointed out specific inconsistencies. Let's see what Koshi does in response.

Koshis response will be to yell that Palmar and I are mafia some more. I guarantee it.

Also Jealous
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 20:42 GMT
#7704
On March 14 2024 05:41 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 05:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 14 2024 05:39 Jealous wrote:
Damn, some of those Koshi posts look even worse than I remember them to be. Good dig, CopCake.

I think the "pitting DP against CopCake" seems a bit too paranoid for me to jump on. DP seems like the type of person who would do whatever they felt like, whenever they felt like it. I doubt anyone could coerce him to cause drama for no reason. This is probably aided by the fact that I perceived a lot of your posts/"style" the same way he did, and no one pushed me to do that, either.

Back to Koshi, the changes in reads on people like MZ feel almost gut-based, or at least they are not fully explained. I don't think that's necessarily AI overall; several people here seem to hop from one wagon to another, change their reads on a dime, etc. and they can't all be scum. Specific instances can open the window for pressure though, so I like that CopCake pointed out specific inconsistencies. Let's see what Koshi does in response.

Koshis response will be to yell that Palmar and I are mafia some more. I guarantee it.

Also Jealous

My bad.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 13 2024 20:43 GMT
#7705
Dp helpppppppppppp

I don't care if your leg is falling off.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 13 2024 20:44 GMT
#7706
Koshi went scumslayer mode this is town Koshi. Palmar/JAT/Jealous isn't an unlikely team.

Rels and copcake are probably two townies working for the mafia, whether consciously or unconsciously is debatable, but I don't see many other viable explanations here.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 13 2024 20:45 GMT
#7707
Maybe they're mad they didn't get to play with rayn.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 13 2024 20:50 GMT
#7708
On March 14 2024 01:37 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 01:35 iamperfection wrote:
Do you think Jelaous is being over defensive palmar?

The tone of his annoyance seems reasonable.


This is a non-answer.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 13 2024 20:56 GMT
#7709
On March 14 2024 05:36 iamperfection wrote:
And I feel like you just went through koshis filter trying to find any inconsistency possible. Also not explaining why said inconsistency makes koshi mafia


- Koshi says I am unreadable and then says he can read me, then even dares to say he tone reads me.
- Koshi is like Oats I need to kill you and then says “yes, I was wrong about Oats” Oats also wanted to mayor Koshi.
- He hardcore townreads DP but suspects Jacob??? Even when he claimed gunsmith? He even says “Is jacob even the gunsmith?”

Post #4745 so you can see his reads before

Is Jacob confirmed blue gunsmith? Because I also think he might be mafia. Bit if he is blue that is wrong ofc

Like I said, if he hardcore reads DP as town, why is he questioning jacob? Like if he thinks DP is town, shouldnt he believe Jacob’s claim?

- Many of his decisions are based on dead players: Marv would have liked, Sandro this, Rayn that.

I didnt went with the eyes of: I must find scum in Koshi.
I didnt like how he reacted to me being lynched then no then yes. Felt like he was trying to prepare the scenario of “I told you so”, which I know, it will happen because I am VT.

There are more things quoted, and I am phoneposting atm. I dont think I am going to get on the computer because I am tired and almost midnight.



If you think is worth to talk to me please do so. If you think my case is trash ignore me.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 13 2024 20:58 GMT
#7710
This group dynamic, the martyrs, the uncompromising votes.
We know cake wants to die and we know she won't vote in accordance with very reasonable people like iamp and DP. There are no jesters in the game, so where does it come from?

Her entire gameplay is like that of those activists who glue themselves to a road to save the climate. It's a protest.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 21:04 GMT
#7711
On March 14 2024 05:56 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 05:36 iamperfection wrote:
And I feel like you just went through koshis filter trying to find any inconsistency possible. Also not explaining why said inconsistency makes koshi mafia


- Koshi says I am unreadable and then says he can read me, then even dares to say he tone reads me.
- Koshi is like Oats I need to kill you and then says “yes, I was wrong about Oats” Oats also wanted to mayor Koshi.
- He hardcore townreads DP but suspects Jacob??? Even when he claimed gunsmith? He even says “Is jacob even the gunsmith?”

Post #4745 so you can see his reads before

Is Jacob confirmed blue gunsmith? Because I also think he might be mafia. Bit if he is blue that is wrong ofc

Like I said, if he hardcore reads DP as town, why is he questioning jacob? Like if he thinks DP is town, shouldnt he believe Jacob’s claim?

- Many of his decisions are based on dead players: Marv would have liked, Sandro this, Rayn that.

I didnt went with the eyes of: I must find scum in Koshi.
I didnt like how he reacted to me being lynched then no then yes. Felt like he was trying to prepare the scenario of “I told you so”, which I know, it will happen because I am VT.

There are more things quoted, and I am phoneposting atm. I dont think I am going to get on the computer because I am tired and almost midnight.



If you think is worth to talk to me please do so. If you think my case is trash ignore me.

Your case isn't thrash. For someone else it might even be good. In Koshis case however it just does not really work. You will always find loads of inconsistency and illogical borderline idiotic behavior in his town play. It is also perfectly in line that he sheeps the reads of dead players.
Unfortunately, only very selectively and usually the wrong ones. He should be all for what I am doing in respecting marvs read but he isn't. Which is irrational but totally expectable.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 13 2024 21:07 GMT
#7712
On March 14 2024 06:04 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 05:56 CopCake wrote:
On March 14 2024 05:36 iamperfection wrote:
And I feel like you just went through koshis filter trying to find any inconsistency possible. Also not explaining why said inconsistency makes koshi mafia


- Koshi says I am unreadable and then says he can read me, then even dares to say he tone reads me.
- Koshi is like Oats I need to kill you and then says “yes, I was wrong about Oats” Oats also wanted to mayor Koshi.
- He hardcore townreads DP but suspects Jacob??? Even when he claimed gunsmith? He even says “Is jacob even the gunsmith?”

Post #4745 so you can see his reads before

Is Jacob confirmed blue gunsmith? Because I also think he might be mafia. Bit if he is blue that is wrong ofc

Like I said, if he hardcore reads DP as town, why is he questioning jacob? Like if he thinks DP is town, shouldnt he believe Jacob’s claim?

- Many of his decisions are based on dead players: Marv would have liked, Sandro this, Rayn that.

I didnt went with the eyes of: I must find scum in Koshi.
I didnt like how he reacted to me being lynched then no then yes. Felt like he was trying to prepare the scenario of “I told you so”, which I know, it will happen because I am VT.

There are more things quoted, and I am phoneposting atm. I dont think I am going to get on the computer because I am tired and almost midnight.



If you think is worth to talk to me please do so. If you think my case is trash ignore me.

Your case isn't thrash. For someone else it might even be good. In Koshis case however it just does not really work. You will always find loads of inconsistency and illogical borderline idiotic behavior in his town play. It is also perfectly in line that he sheeps the reads of dead players.
Unfortunately, only very selectively and usually the wrong ones. He should be all for what I am doing in respecting marvs read but he isn't. Which is irrational but totally expectable.


But how do you explain the

Heeyy cake is town, maybe not, maybe yes, if ve is town, if ve is mafia, yes, no.

Is that normal?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 21:10 GMT
#7713
On March 14 2024 06:07 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 06:04 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 14 2024 05:56 CopCake wrote:
On March 14 2024 05:36 iamperfection wrote:
And I feel like you just went through koshis filter trying to find any inconsistency possible. Also not explaining why said inconsistency makes koshi mafia


- Koshi says I am unreadable and then says he can read me, then even dares to say he tone reads me.
- Koshi is like Oats I need to kill you and then says “yes, I was wrong about Oats” Oats also wanted to mayor Koshi.
- He hardcore townreads DP but suspects Jacob??? Even when he claimed gunsmith? He even says “Is jacob even the gunsmith?”

Post #4745 so you can see his reads before

Is Jacob confirmed blue gunsmith? Because I also think he might be mafia. Bit if he is blue that is wrong ofc

Like I said, if he hardcore reads DP as town, why is he questioning jacob? Like if he thinks DP is town, shouldnt he believe Jacob’s claim?

- Many of his decisions are based on dead players: Marv would have liked, Sandro this, Rayn that.

I didnt went with the eyes of: I must find scum in Koshi.
I didnt like how he reacted to me being lynched then no then yes. Felt like he was trying to prepare the scenario of “I told you so”, which I know, it will happen because I am VT.

There are more things quoted, and I am phoneposting atm. I dont think I am going to get on the computer because I am tired and almost midnight.



If you think is worth to talk to me please do so. If you think my case is trash ignore me.

Your case isn't thrash. For someone else it might even be good. In Koshis case however it just does not really work. You will always find loads of inconsistency and illogical borderline idiotic behavior in his town play. It is also perfectly in line that he sheeps the reads of dead players.
Unfortunately, only very selectively and usually the wrong ones. He should be all for what I am doing in respecting marvs read but he isn't. Which is irrational but totally expectable.


But how do you explain the

Heeyy cake is town, maybe not, maybe yes, if ve is town, if ve is mafia, yes, no.

Is that normal?

Yes.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 13 2024 21:24 GMT
#7714
🤦🏾‍♀️

Isnt Koshi a top tier player?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 21:25 GMT
#7715
On March 14 2024 06:24 CopCake wrote:
🤦🏾‍♀️

Isnt Koshi a top tier player?

Hit and miss :D
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 13 2024 21:32 GMT
#7716
Whyyyyy have my mafia team killed koshi night 1 in my past two games then?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 21:36 GMT
#7717
Because he cannot be mislynched as town. And sometimes he also has good reads. Don't know if that was the case in your games.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 13 2024 21:39 GMT
#7718
I am sorry Koshi, I have no words.

I wont post in a whole day.

It is Palmar then.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 13 2024 21:48 GMT
#7719
I am currently reading Jealous filter and I remember why I basically ignored him so far. I am literally falling asleep reading this. I feel like I am being unfair by saying this since he clearly put in a lot of effort but so far I saw nothing controversial at all and I constantly catch myself glossing over parts. Will try again tomorrow when I am less tired.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 13 2024 21:54 GMT
#7720
On March 14 2024 04:20 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 04:14 Vivax wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:43 Palmar wrote:
This is just random and for post-game purposes.

We actually have like 4 objectively correct lynches (that is correct from a "how to play mafia" perspective).

1) Vivax - All day 1 claimers should be policy lynched without question
2) TTS - Complete inactivity
3) Hapa - replacement and demotivation is something that happens much more often as mafia
4) Trfel - He literally is voting without having any clue why

But for various reasons I'm not really pushing any of those lynches. Guess I'm bad.


Palmar didn‘t notice the guy who didn‘t post for half a day started out by claiming VT.

TTS and hapa are mischaracterized.
TTs played early, then fucked off. For hapa it‘s the opposite.

You can interchangeably use his reasons for his TtS and Hapa verdicts. They are barely different. It‘s fake.

His Oats read was also extremely subpar. I know I repeat myself but now with the flip I am even more suspicious. Because he had to save himself and bussed a teammate weakly, then let himself get convinced Oats was town.
Town!Palmar could have done more there.

And should have.

It was an objectively correct read, because it was right for the right reasons.

I just got sidetracked by people calling me mafia and then Oats pocket defending me.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 384 385 386 387 388 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM894
TKL 389
TaKeTV 347
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 124
ZombieGrub0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 894
TKL 389
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 164
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 90
JuggernautJason28
EmSc Tv 23
MindelVK 19
Nathanias 3
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 118
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1577
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3896
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo439
ArmadaUGS156
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr42
shahzam31
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 23
EmSc2Tv 23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix12
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.