• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11011 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 273

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 555 Next
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 09 2024 06:22 GMT
#5441
On March 09 2024 15:20 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 15:16 Rels wrote:
On March 09 2024 15:07 Jealous wrote:
On March 09 2024 14:57 Rels wrote:
On March 08 2024 11:06 Jealous wrote:
On March 08 2024 10:57 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
You can't all be scum, some of you just have to be dumb. The tricky part is figuring out which is which.

Kinda where I'm at, but I'm also thinking it might be smart!town throwing some seeds out there to see who shows up to pick at them. I kinda feel like Koshi and Vivac would generally be too smart to do something so stupid without a reason.

Feel like it's been a few hours and beers in me by now so I feel comfortable saying that the bait would already be getting moldy, so no harm in my outing my suspicions that some of these baby wagon attempts are just that: little experiments to see who reacts how.

What are you talking about in the last paragraph? Did you do something in order to bait reactions? If yes, what were those things and what were the results you got from them?

My initial impression was that Koshi and Vivax were not dumb enough to go against a cop-claimed Alakazam's reveal on scum!Oats, but suddenly here they were, pushing other wagons out of nowhere. So, by eliminating the dumb option, the "smart" option is that Vivax and Koshi are just throwing out bait to see who bites and what those decisions result in. Like running an experiment.

However, several hours later I figured the "experiments" (if that's what they were) had already run their course to some extent so I wouldn't be contaminating the results by outing my suspicion that this is what they were doing. This was further bolstered by alcohol in the system.

Kinda regretting it now though because I would have loved to see how Koshi and Vivax would have justified their wagon attempts without my saying anything.

Now that you know it was real, what do you think of them?

Would prefer to hear the aforementioned justifications first, even if they've been diluted.

Last one fr fr

OK
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 09 2024 06:22 GMT
#5442
Alright, time to sleep for me too
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 09 2024 06:42 GMT
#5443
On March 09 2024 14:28 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 14:26 Rels wrote:
Seeing the red claim and immediately voting his teammate in less than 2 minutes ... maybe it's not possible

Range is like 0.01 seconds to 119, but as someone who was there it felt very fast. If anyone knows how to get time depth on the level of seconds, let me know.

It was 13 seconds.

Hence why I defended him later, and was lolling because unlucky amount of time.

If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 09 2024 06:44 GMT
#5444
On March 09 2024 14:44 Jealous wrote:
I guess the follow-up question is "Would town!Rels as he has played so far be willing to stick his neck out for DMB to this extent and dig to make it believable?"

WIFOM battling against WIOM (wine inside of me) rn so I'll probably check out now.

Nice job team, props Slam. Let's make N2/D2 productive and figure out who was breadcrumming and who was anti-town sheeping.

I must use this in the future
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 09 2024 07:35 GMT
#5445
So Koshi is probably lock town for his towncase on Oats on day 1.

Guy made a towncase on mafia and attacked me for maybe thinking Oats is scum.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 09 2024 07:36 GMT
#5446
Voting results make VE kinda likely to be mafia too
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:37 GMT
#5447
On March 09 2024 12:31 DarthPunk wrote:
There was no way in hell I was ever lynching oats without a red check btw.

Slam Town hero confirmed

This.

Very wp oats, very wp slam
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:38 GMT
#5448
On March 05 2024 06:18 Palmar wrote:
I read like 2 posts of Oats and he's scummy

Palmar, this was right near the start. What had pinged you? Genuinely curious here.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 09 2024 07:41 GMT
#5449
On March 09 2024 16:38 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 06:18 Palmar wrote:
I read like 2 posts of Oats and he's scummy

Palmar, this was right near the start. What had pinged you? Genuinely curious here.

It was the fact he said he wanted to be mayor. But then never really did anything to convince people he should be. Instead all his following posts were stupid questions and passive posts.

I then let his reasonableness in the face of dumbassery on part of other people convince me he was town.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:43 GMT
#5450
On March 09 2024 13:04 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 02:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 09 2024 02:24 Koshi wrote:
On March 09 2024 01:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 09 2024 01:14 CopCake wrote:
Well if you are not miller, what are you?

It is not logical to think he is setting up a slam lynch if you flip miller.

And Framer I think is pretty low.

Idk if I am seeing that correctly.

I believe you are town and miller.

VT that got framed? Which mafia would know?

If you knew slam was cop it isnt so hard to frame the bolded ? in his read list. I didnt check time stamps.

This might be the smartest thing you've posted koshi.

Reading through Slam's D1 and Oats is his most consistent scumread. It could also explain why Slam didn't die last night.

I don't understand the last part, can you extend on it?

Remember rayn protected slam. Maybe they had that extra shot.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 09 2024 07:44 GMT
#5451
On March 06 2024 01:21 Oatsmaster wrote:
I’m trying to wrap my head around this Palmar push by marv and what it means for marvs alignment.
I think Palmar has been way more townie this last like 5 pages and that only seems to solidify marvs read

In particular this pocket post did a lot of heavy lifting in changing my view on him. I was so frustrated with the dumb attacks at the time.

Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:45 GMT
#5452
On March 09 2024 16:41 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 16:38 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 06:18 Palmar wrote:
I read like 2 posts of Oats and he's scummy

Palmar, this was right near the start. What had pinged you? Genuinely curious here.

It was the fact he said he wanted to be mayor. But then never really did anything to convince people he should be. Instead all his following posts were stupid questions and passive posts.

I then let his reasonableness in the face of dumbassery on part of other people convince me he was town.

Yep okay. I think I need to stop being a pussy and just call you town.

I am really struggling to see the world you drop the suspicion on him like that as his buddy. It’s just you seeing something and saying it.

I didn’t get it at the time, but obvs I am just had
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:46 GMT
#5453
Had / bad
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:48 GMT
#5454
On March 09 2024 12:49 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 12:21 Jealous wrote:
On March 09 2024 12:08 Vivax wrote:
Very good play by Oats.
Good luck with the copcake shot dp.

VE tomorrow most likely.

So you think this was a double bus situation and people used it as an opportunity to look more townie for remaining on Oats?

Or maybe this is just a bad idea, to go after the second wagon?

And maybe it would be very convenient for some people who spearheaded second wagons?

Hmm 🤔

Vivax where you going? These weren't entirely rhetorical, I want to hear your thoughts on this.

I have not read the wagons or the flip at all. So I am going entirely on the words in your post.

If VE and Oats were in thread attacking each other, 100% it can be double bus.

VE fucking loves a big or crazy play as mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:49 GMT
#5455
Not the flip. The votes. I started at the flip 🙄
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:50 GMT
#5456
[QUOTE]On March 09 2024 13:16 Vivax wrote:
[QUOTE]On March 09 2024 13:14 Vivax wrote:
[QUOTE]On March 09 2024 11:51 Grackaroni wrote:
Day Two Vote Count

Oatsmaster (9): Alakaslam, Jealous, JacobStrangelove, Rels, Meapak_Ziphh, iamperfection, DarthPunk, die_meatbaby, CopCake, Justanothertownie, ToTheStars, Koshi, marvellosity, JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam
VisceraEyes (7): Koshi, Oatsmaster, iamperfection, Vivax, Palmar, Alakaslam, Meapak_Ziphh, iamperfection, CopCake
Palmar (0): Oatsmaster, CopCake, iamperfection, JacobStrangelove, CopCake
Jealous (0): CopCake
Justanothertownie (0): Vivax, Oatsmaster
ToTheStars (0): iamperfection, Oatsmaster
marvellosity (0): Vivax
die_meatbaby (0): Oatsmaster
VisceraEyes (0): iamperfection
CopCake (0): Jealous

Not Voting (1): VisceraEyes

With 9 votes, Oatsmaster is currently set to be lynched!

The deadline is Saturday, Mar 09 3:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in


[/QUOTE]

Scenario 2 is VE town and all the mafia is on him with me and iamp

But if it‘s like that they are donezo
[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh here’s the votes. Yes they can both be mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:51 GMT
#5457
Holy shit it got close.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:52 GMT
#5458
On March 09 2024 13:20 Rels wrote:
@Anyone does scum!Palmar fake 2 dumbtells in a single post? Taking in consideration that people have scumread DMB for dumbtelling

Link it for me.

Yes I’m lazy.

Just gave my thought on Palmar which I’ve been sitting on for the whole of d2 waiting for the flip
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 09 2024 07:54 GMT
#5459
On March 09 2024 13:23 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
So like I'm going to try to sort of organize the game in my head, and I'm going to do it out loud, so you can watch me think. It's a fascinating display.

We probably have about 5 mafia in this game. It could be 4, but then they have very strong roles. Normal balance would suggest 5.

This means I need to start sort of filtering down the people I want to think about.

First up, the people I don't really want to lynch or even consider at all:

DarthPunk for huge filter and repeatedly liking his takes on things.
Vivax because that's the gamble we made when we didn't policy lynch him.

Then there's the weaker town reads that are definitely going to contain some mafia:

Koshi was very good early day 1, but I feel like his impact has been reduced. Still not enough to start calling him mafia
marvellosity - I kinda think he's maybe town, he did come around on me correctly, and I kinda trust sandro's read. So for what it's worth, he goes into the "worry later" pile.

Then there's the people who will be resolved by today

Slam - we lynch slam if Oats flips non-miller town. The frame idea is statistically so unlikely
Oats - we lynch Oats today because despite his efforts, there is like 90% chance of him flipping mafia. He does look and say townie things which is pretty well played, but the odds of any other random player flipping red just happen to be significantly lower

Frame math:
Slam check 1/18 (lynches + himself) players = 5.56% chance he checks Oats
Framer frames 1/14 players (21 - 2 lynches - 5 mafia) = 7.14% chance Oats gets framed

This means there's like... 0.3% chance a framer hits the same target the cop checks (but obviously intiution skews this a lot) it's still the best play to do it like that.


Actually as I write this I realize I have way too few townread, which means I really, really need to get work done. For one reason or another I don't trust any of the people below.



Jealous - lack of investigation from me, little posting
Meapak_Ziphh - lack of investigation from me, I'm masoned with the dude but I'm a terrible mason partner because I think they're stupid. That's mostly on me. I also recall some of his posting being a little meek
justanothertownie - Some really atrocious takes throughout the game. Bullshit associative reads and voting without any kind of analysis.
die_meatbaby - lack of investigation from me. I remember having a different feel from last game, but she still gets stuck on dumb shit.
CopCake - I kinda liked rayn's point during the night. Also she should really think I'm town after our discussion in the night.
JacobStrangelove - This guy is clearly just smart. I liked his posting because it's all pretty reasonable, but I feel like he isn't moving the needle at all this game. Happy sitting back and not getting listened to.
Iamperfection - One particularly terrible take during the night, but maybe he just doesn't know what a policy lynch is. I didn't follow up enough to understand if it was malicious or just kinda stupid.
ToTheStars - lurker
VisceraEyes - Fell off cliff. Where VE?
Rels - Terrible case on me on day 1 that reeked of mafia trying to "contribute". Super clear he wasn't caught up on the game and lacked opinionsþ


The 2 dumbtells are in that post ("4 or 5 mafia", "JSL could be scum even though he claimed")
I might be biaised by this but I really like this Palmar post. Feels like a really genuine world view

Right this one. Yes palmar is town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 09 2024 07:55 GMT
#5460
On March 09 2024 16:51 marvellosity wrote:
Holy shit it got close.


You’re welcome
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1308
WardiTV544
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko422
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7318
Bisu 2419
Jaedong 1038
BeSt 949
EffOrt 518
Horang2 440
actioN 290
Larva 251
ZerO 215
Mini 209
[ Show more ]
Pusan 122
Mind 91
ggaemo 90
Barracks 82
Hyun 68
Snow 67
Shinee 61
Yoon 54
Bale 43
Sharp 37
NotJumperer 36
Killer 34
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
hero 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Noble 11
sorry 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2121
Dendi1071
qojqva694
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
markeloff892
Other Games
B2W.Neo427
crisheroes289
hiko239
DeMusliM202
Pyrionflax183
dupreeh111
Livibee84
Mew2King65
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1084
League of Legends
• Jankos1249
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 33m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.