• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7662 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 167

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 555 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:40 GMT
#3321
At least the parts i base my read on you.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 15:40 GMT
#3322
On March 07 2024 00:38 Palmar wrote:
Sorry turned Irish there for a moment

You really did
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:40 GMT
#3323
Can someone else chime in here, am I crazy? Didn't everyone else know how I felt about Vivax? At least everyone that had looked into anything I said..
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:40 GMT
#3324
On March 07 2024 00:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
At least the parts i base my read on you.

Which parts are those?
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:41 GMT
#3325
On March 07 2024 00:39 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Vivax point is not important, it just came to my head when i quoted your post to show how that list post is not townie.

I find it important.

Also if it's not important, why all the caps?

because in the heat of the moment i thought it is important.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:41 GMT
#3326
On March 07 2024 00:40 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
At least the parts i base my read on you.

Which parts are those?

On March 06 2024 22:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Adding to palmar from me/marv QT:

"Palmar was trying to buddy sandroba and me, when it didnt work on me he called me mafia WITH marv. His read progression on VE is trash, or like the lack of it."

And earlier:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 12:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Palmar says its possible mafia rayn masoned mafia marv, that should already be like 100% scum claim.

Palmar claims VE lloks worse does absolutely nothing about it, while VE is his best buddy he is really really really good at reading. scumclaim #2

On first point, that's completely unreasonable thought. Like scum rayn masons scum marv and THEN scum marv masons town sandroba. Never ever in his head the thought of this being ridiculous on all fronts appears.

Second point needs no explaining.

table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:41 GMT
#3327
On March 07 2024 00:28 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:22 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:20 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 22:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa



then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

where is your case on vivax?


There's no case I think he's town.

I've said multiple times correct play would have been to policy lynch him day 1.

Very helpful. As it was the last time you mentioned it.


Last 7 times.

I like talking about policy lynches, sue me.

Do you find it interesting that rayn is apparently not aware of this stance on Vivax despite me being his #1 lynch target?

Only mildly. You think he would be this careless as mafia rather than town?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:42 GMT
#3328
On March 07 2024 00:40 Palmar wrote:
Can someone else chime in here, am I crazy? Didn't everyone else know how I felt about Vivax? At least everyone that had looked into anything I said..

Yes, I knew how you felt about Vivax.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 15:43 GMT
#3329
On March 07 2024 00:42 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:40 Palmar wrote:
Can someone else chime in here, am I crazy? Didn't everyone else know how I felt about Vivax? At least everyone that had looked into anything I said..

Yes, I knew how you felt about Vivax.

We know :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:45 GMT
#3330
I entirely dislike your read "progression" on VE, and i think it makes you mafia.

I entirely dislike that you even have a thought in your head at any point of the game that me and marv are mafia together (which you had as per your posts). And i think it makes you mafia.

Rels made a good point about your stance on marv's scumread on you. Maybe Rels is mafia with you as JAT thinks, but nevertheless it's a good point, you just shrug it off like it's nothing. And people buy that shit from you.

JAT makes a good point about your case on him. Your thinking is not coherent there, as it is not in other cases as well above. I think it also makes you mafia.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:45 GMT
#3331
On March 07 2024 00:43 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:42 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:40 Palmar wrote:
Can someone else chime in here, am I crazy? Didn't everyone else know how I felt about Vivax? At least everyone that had looked into anything I said..

Yes, I knew how you felt about Vivax.

We know :p

:D
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:47 GMT
#3332
On March 07 2024 00:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:40 Palmar wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
At least the parts i base my read on you.

Which parts are those?

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Adding to palmar from me/marv QT:

"Palmar was trying to buddy sandroba and me, when it didnt work on me he called me mafia WITH marv. His read progression on VE is trash, or like the lack of it."

And earlier:
On March 06 2024 12:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Palmar says its possible mafia rayn masoned mafia marv, that should already be like 100% scum claim.

Palmar claims VE lloks worse does absolutely nothing about it, while VE is his best buddy he is really really really good at reading. scumclaim #2

On first point, that's completely unreasonable thought. Like scum rayn masons scum marv and THEN scum marv masons town sandroba. Never ever in his head the thought of this being ridiculous on all fronts appears.

Second point needs no explaining.



I don't think I ever tried to buddy anyone. I give reads who are independent and you know this. If you are town you should be stopping and thinking "oh yeah, Palmar, as town, last game talked about how he doesn't make associative reads and does things independently".

Now I won't fault you for forgetting that, but when I point it out to you it should greatly weaken your first point.

The second point about VE is also kinda weird. I have had a change of heart about VE, but he was never my primary scumread yesterday, I just mentioned that him falling off a cliff made him look worse. Why do you care so much about my read on VE? I've arguably said more about VE than I've said about for example iamp or dmb or Rels.
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:48 GMT
#3333
On March 07 2024 00:47 Palmar wrote:

The second point about VE is also kinda weird. I have had a change of heart about VE, but he was never my primary scumread yesterday, I just mentioned that him falling off a cliff made him look worse. Why do you care so much about my read on VE? I've arguably said more about VE than I've said about for example iamp or dmb or Rels.

because youre super good at reading VE
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 15:52 GMT
#3334
On March 07 2024 00:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:47 Palmar wrote:

The second point about VE is also kinda weird. I have had a change of heart about VE, but he was never my primary scumread yesterday, I just mentioned that him falling off a cliff made him look worse. Why do you care so much about my read on VE? I've arguably said more about VE than I've said about for example iamp or dmb or Rels.

because youre super good at reading VE

Honestly his read progression on VE has mirrored mine quite a bit. I don’t think palmar has any more special insight into VE than I do
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:52 GMT
#3335
On March 07 2024 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I entirely dislike your read "progression" on VE, and i think it makes you mafia.


Let's break this down.

I initially made a tone read on VE and explained that it was mostly that, along with some theorycrafting, shitting on people using unccd as a thing. That latter part is NAI but whatever.

The second time I talked about him I mentioned him looking a little worse, and then I made another post about him and Trfel needing to step up. I feel like this makes perfect sense given VE's lack of activity in the later parts of D1

And now during the night I said he's fallen off a cliff, which I kinda think is a fair characterization of his play.

What's the problem with this? I admit, he's not been a primary investigative target of mine, but I don't think I've said anything weird.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:54 GMT
#3336
On March 07 2024 00:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:47 Palmar wrote:

The second point about VE is also kinda weird. I have had a change of heart about VE, but he was never my primary scumread yesterday, I just mentioned that him falling off a cliff made him look worse. Why do you care so much about my read on VE? I've arguably said more about VE than I've said about for example iamp or dmb or Rels.

because youre super good at reading VE

I'm not though.

We have played a bunch of games together, but he's not really one of those players I have a set of expectations for. I enjoy playing with him when he's on, but again, no idea where you get this idea from that I'm some VE oracle.

I don't think I'm bad at reading him, mind you, just not really any better than other people have played with him, or better at reading him than other people.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:56 GMT
#3337
On March 07 2024 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I entirely dislike that you even have a thought in your head at any point of the game that me and marv are mafia together (which you had as per your posts). And i think it makes you mafia.


Again, I understand you disliking it, but now that I've reminded you that these kind of associative reads don't really matter to me as town, doesn't that change your stance?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:58 GMT
#3338
On March 07 2024 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:

Rels made a good point about your stance on marv's scumread on you. Maybe Rels is mafia with you as JAT thinks, but nevertheless it's a good point, you just shrug it off like it's nothing. And people buy that shit from you.



Just didn't want to talk to Rels really. His entire point is based on some perceived strangeness regarding marv, that if shit ever hits the fan I could cajole marv himself into confirming isn't weird. And at that point Rels had no thread presence and I felt like arguing something so dumb was just gonna mess with the thread.
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 16:00 GMT
#3339
On March 07 2024 00:52 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I entirely dislike your read "progression" on VE, and i think it makes you mafia.


Let's break this down.

I initially made a tone read on VE and explained that it was mostly that, along with some theorycrafting, shitting on people using unccd as a thing. That latter part is NAI but whatever.

The second time I talked about him I mentioned him looking a little worse, and then I made another post about him and Trfel needing to step up. I feel like this makes perfect sense given VE's lack of activity in the later parts of D1

And now during the night I said he's fallen off a cliff, which I kinda think is a fair characterization of his play.

What's the problem with this? I admit, he's not been a primary investigative target of mine, but I don't think I've said anything weird.

So did you or did you not read VE's fliter?

Because you have basically claimed to follow the thread with ctrl+f palmar on people's filter?
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 16:00 GMT
#3340
On March 05 2024 23:25 Palmar wrote:

It's really hard to come out of an aggressive tunnel like that as mafia, because you kinda have to force yourself to attack someone and when you've spent effort in making an attack on someone you know is town, it's super hard to just throw it away when new evidence presents itself.


I'm not saying I'm a genius but maybe I am. :D
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
ProTech121
Nina 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
Shuttle 1231
Dewaltoss 59
Snow 58
Bale 49
Noble 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor545
Other Games
summit1g8782
JimRising 658
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft291
Mew2King277
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• practicex 14
• Response 9
• Letter146
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1030
• Rush338
• Stunt220
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 55m
OSC
17h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.