• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:46
CEST 10:46
KST 17:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8471 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 165

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 555 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:09 GMT
#3281
On March 07 2024 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:59 Vivax wrote:
Rels, MZ, Palmar, Jealous, VE

Cop wants in.
Good working hypothesis?

How sure you are of DMB not being mafia, because she looks very mafia to me as well. and why?


Not at all. I think she always looks scummy on a surface level but her being so stubborn about DP makes me think town.

Its just not worth it to pursue that as scum.

Why does she scumread Cake when Cake is the only other person ever in this game to scumread DP?

Also her read on me is shit. I can understand people thinking i am mafia, but i don't understand that shit she is saying.
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 06 2024 15:11 GMT
#3282
On March 07 2024 00:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:08 Vivax wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:59 Vivax wrote:
Rels, MZ, Palmar, Jealous, VE

Cop wants in.
Good working hypothesis?

How sure you are of DMB not being mafia, because she looks very mafia to me as well. and why?


Not at all. I think she always looks scummy on a surface level but her being so stubborn about DP makes me think town.

Its just not worth it to pursue that as scum.

Why does she scumread Cake when Cake is the only other person ever in this game to scumread DP?

Also her read on me is shit. I can understand people thinking i am mafia, but i don't understand that shit she is saying.


You are looking for someone to make sense as town who enjoys chaos and not making sense in the first place.

A bit like me. But I can flip around and try to make sense if the situation requires it.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:11 GMT
#3283
we need to do this during night because koshi and dp are gonna throw, at least vivax is coming around
table for two on a tv tray
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 06 2024 15:12 GMT
#3284
Rayn and marv being nice to me is giving me the creeps
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 15:12 GMT
#3285
On March 06 2024 23:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 23:39 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:34 iamperfection wrote:
Cop might just be dumb. I felt like dmb knew trfels alignment ignored me multiple times when I said the play was different. Trfel themselves admitted they were playing bad

yes i am more sure of dmb being mafia here, but cake still said:
1) vivax/dp/iamp changed the lynch from palmar (for no reason as mafia)
2) dp pocketed palmar (and palmar is not town)

it does not sit well with me. i just cant wrap my head around it...

i dont understand how she is trying to explain this now (she has), if someone can read that to me so i can understand it it would be really nice.


You just dont want to understand. 🫨

that's just wrong.
im the fucking best town player in this game with JAT even if i am wrong on you and those plebs almost lynched him.

Rayn listen to me for a moment please.

You’re doing this thing you always do where something doesn’t make logical sense to you and drawing the conclusion it must come from mafia.

I think it’s really quite unlikely CC is mafia. Her play feels quite different to when we were mafia. There I struggled to get her to do much other stuff than defend herself. Which is fair enough.

Here she has a bunch of crazy opinions and is constantly sticking her neck out. The simple explanation is she is super into the game and is thinking about things in a way you don’t grasp and doesn’t make sense to you. She’s playing like some blend of town Koshi/Vivax. Just consider it for me please
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:12 GMT
#3286
On March 06 2024 22:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:35 Palmar wrote:
It's so enjoyable watching rayn hammering someone other than yourself.

Go rayn!

youre still scum.

until you explain how in your head mafia rayn masoned mafia marv (1min into the game) masoned town sandroba.

until you tell us why VE is mafia, because he is

You see, I understand this is a stretch for you but I am capable of holding multiple options in my head at any moment.

We had this argument last game as well, where you were mafia trying to hammer me for exactly the same logic.

I do not make associative reads

So, I can think at some point that marv is mafia, and I can independently think you are mafia, and even if I agree that it's unlikely you'd do a stunt like that, that doesn't change my individual conclusions. Now I'm not even sure marv is mafia, hell I'm not even sure you're mafia, I really liked you going after copcake just now.

Remember, we HAD THIS ARGUMENT last game, and you were the mafia and I was the town there. I do not make associative reads and I do not care about links like this. I just individually consider players and accept that sometimes I'm wrong. If marv is scum and you're town, that makes the mason thing suddenly not weird at all, same with the other direction, could just be a stunt you pull.

It really doesn't matter to me, that's not how I think about the game.

Also I kinda agree VE has fallen off a cliff in my opinion. I kinda wrote him off and haven't filter dived him mostly for that tonal read that he was enjoying himself, but since then he has stopped enjoying playing... so... that no longer applies?
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:13 GMT
#3287
On March 07 2024 00:11 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:08 Vivax wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 23:59 Vivax wrote:
Rels, MZ, Palmar, Jealous, VE

Cop wants in.
Good working hypothesis?

How sure you are of DMB not being mafia, because she looks very mafia to me as well. and why?


Not at all. I think she always looks scummy on a surface level but her being so stubborn about DP makes me think town.

Its just not worth it to pursue that as scum.

Why does she scumread Cake when Cake is the only other person ever in this game to scumread DP?

Also her read on me is shit. I can understand people thinking i am mafia, but i don't understand that shit she is saying.


You are looking for someone to make sense as town who enjoys chaos and not making sense in the first place.

A bit like me. But I can flip around and try to make sense if the situation requires it.

i looked at her reads on me in previous games, mirroring them to this dont make sense to me.
if she has some new "meta" from our scumgame, it might make sense, but she's not saying any of that sort.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 15:13 GMT
#3288
On March 07 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
Rayn and marv being nice to me is giving me the creeps

Because my read on VE is converging on yours. That’s all.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 06 2024 15:14 GMT
#3289
It's like your asking permission to scum read ve
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:14 GMT
#3290
On March 07 2024 00:12 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 22:35 Palmar wrote:
It's so enjoyable watching rayn hammering someone other than yourself.

Go rayn!

youre still scum.

until you explain how in your head mafia rayn masoned mafia marv (1min into the game) masoned town sandroba.

until you tell us why VE is mafia, because he is

You see, I understand this is a stretch for you but I am capable of holding multiple options in my head at any moment.

We had this argument last game as well, where you were mafia trying to hammer me for exactly the same logic.

I do not make associative reads

So, I can think at some point that marv is mafia, and I can independently think you are mafia, and even if I agree that it's unlikely you'd do a stunt like that, that doesn't change my individual conclusions. Now I'm not even sure marv is mafia, hell I'm not even sure you're mafia, I really liked you going after copcake just now.

Remember, we HAD THIS ARGUMENT last game, and you were the mafia and I was the town there. I do not make associative reads and I do not care about links like this. I just individually consider players and accept that sometimes I'm wrong. If marv is scum and you're town, that makes the mason thing suddenly not weird at all, same with the other direction, could just be a stunt you pull.

It really doesn't matter to me, that's not how I think about the game.

Also I kinda agree VE has fallen off a cliff in my opinion. I kinda wrote him off and haven't filter dived him mostly for that tonal read that he was enjoying himself, but since then he has stopped enjoying playing... so... that no longer applies?

this is not an associative read in normal sense.
it's similar to you calling slam 100% town for masoning you last game.
table for two on a tv tray
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 06 2024 15:14 GMT
#3291
On March 07 2024 00:14 iamperfection wrote:
It's like your asking permission to scum read ve

Palmar that is
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:15 GMT
#3292
On March 06 2024 22:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Other wagon(s) will come later. The conclusion from my own is 1 of Rels and Palmar + MZ are likely mafia. Would mean the team was spread out well which is what I expect.

Terrible analysis
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:16 GMT
#3293
On March 07 2024 00:14 iamperfection wrote:
It's like your asking permission to scum read ve

Will you grant it?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:17 GMT
#3294
On March 06 2024 22:37 sandroba wrote:
I'm liking palmar more and more. His night posts read really genuine to me, maybe I'm a fool but I'm prob not going after palmar d2.
Marv had some paranoind behavior in the qt which has fully convinced me he is town.
I think these are the big question marks for people and I think they are both town.

By process of elimination here is what I'm at:
Likely mafia: ve + rels - both didn't care one bit about the lynch imo
Depending on TTS being mafia or town it leave us 2/3 mafia in this pile:
mz, jsl, jat, cop, dmb, slam

This is where I'm at.


You know, if sandro says marv is town, I'll happily accept that and hold on to further shadethrowing in that direction.

Makes the game a lot easier for me if I just assume the two of you are town and work from there.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:17 GMT
#3295
On March 07 2024 00:15 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Other wagon(s) will come later. The conclusion from my own is 1 of Rels and Palmar + MZ are likely mafia. Would mean the team was spread out well which is what I expect.

Terrible analysis

Right...
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:17 GMT
#3296
On March 07 2024 00:14 iamperfection wrote:
It's like your asking permission to scum read ve

Can I sir?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:19 GMT
#3297
On March 06 2024 22:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

Whoever likes this post as for Palmar townie points, is stupid.

This post has something for everyone, everyone can be happy about something in this post, and it literally says nothing at all. Even the Trfel townread is not a townread really.


I mean that post can be ignored, it's already out of date. I was just going to sleep and had no idea if town would swing back around on me, so I wanted to summarize how I felt about the game in case I flipped.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 06 2024 15:20 GMT
#3298
On March 06 2024 22:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa



then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

where is your case on vivax?


There's no case I think he's town.

I've said multiple times correct play would have been to policy lynch him day 1.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2024 15:22 GMT
#3299
On March 07 2024 00:20 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa



then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

where is your case on vivax?


There's no case I think he's town.

I've said multiple times correct play would have been to policy lynch him day 1.

Very helpful. As it was the last time you mentioned it.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2024 15:22 GMT
#3300
On March 07 2024 00:19 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

Whoever likes this post as for Palmar townie points, is stupid.

This post has something for everyone, everyone can be happy about something in this post, and it literally says nothing at all. Even the Trfel townread is not a townread really.


I mean that post can be ignored, it's already out of date. I was just going to sleep and had no idea if town would swing back around on me, so I wanted to summarize how I felt about the game in case I flipped.

It was not out of date when you posted it.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe71
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss437
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes270
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 14m
OSC
4h 14m
Stellar Fest
4h 14m
OSC
15h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.