• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:35
CEST 20:35
KST 03:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8950 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 123

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 555 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:01 GMT
#2441
On March 06 2024 08:00 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 07:54 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:53 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:51 marvellosity wrote:
Is Palmar actually playing?

10 pages behind.

I was earlier today as well...

Okay. Are you playing better?

Can you improve on perfection?

Don’t make me smile.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 05 2024 23:01 GMT
#2442
On March 06 2024 08:00 marvellosity wrote:
I haven’t got to his posting.

As JAT seems to be a real wagon, can someone answer why he is taking this weird stance with Vivax?

Vivax is clearly going to be mafia and he’s only making himself look bad.

I think Jat is smarter than that. What’s his agenda? It’s clear no one else is going to be elected mayor at this stage

Then get to his posting first please. You can still defend me against these jubjubs later if necessary.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:01 GMT
#2443
On March 06 2024 08:00 marvellosity wrote:
I haven’t got to his posting.

As JAT seems to be a real wagon, can someone answer why he is taking this weird stance with Vivax?

Vivax is clearly going to be mafia and he’s only making himself look bad.

I think Jat is smarter than that. What’s his agenda? It’s clear no one else is going to be elected mayor at this stage


loool

Now I definitely don‘t want to lynch Palmar
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 23:01 GMT
#2444
On March 06 2024 08:00 marvellosity wrote:
Vivax is clearly going to be mayor. Jesus typo.


You know for a split second there I was changing my vote to you.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:02 GMT
#2445
On March 06 2024 08:00 marvellosity wrote:
I haven’t got to his posting.

As JAT seems to be a real wagon, can someone answer why he is taking this weird stance with Vivax?

Vivax is clearly going to be mafia and he’s only making himself look bad.

I think Jat is smarter than that. What’s his agenda? It’s clear no one else is going to be elected mayor at this stage


That's why he is mafia, keep up marv.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 23:02 GMT
#2446
Palmer while here JAT or Trifle I've read so much today I don't really remember what your stance was.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:02 GMT
#2447
On March 06 2024 08:00 marvellosity wrote:
Vivax is clearly going to be mayor. Jesus typo.


looool 0_o
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:03 GMT
#2448
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:04 GMT
#2449
On March 06 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g


Why does it have any bearing on your read what he calls you?
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 05 2024 23:04 GMT
#2450
On March 06 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g

Skip to trfel vote pist
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:05 GMT
#2451
On March 06 2024 00:19 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 00:10 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:07 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:00 marvellosity wrote:
Do you know why I normally tr read you Palmar?

No idea.

Or well, I do have a guess that it's largely a tone read coupled with some parameters on how I think about the game.

Honestly, doesn't really matter to me. But please do explain because I'm going to enjoy watching your backtrack if I flip before you this game.

Unless....

You just wanna be my friend and give me a townread.



And - i know you know I don’t push for you like this as mafia. As if you are town I am putting myself in an incredibly difficult spot when the person I know best flips town. It’s a terrible play. The only logical explanation is I am town and I think you are mafia.

See this is only valid if I genuinely believe you want to play the game. You would be perfectly happy trading yourself for a 1v1 lynch as mafia IF you don't really want to play.

There is a reason I said earlier that I can't call you scum for being lazy, but I also can't call you town for kinda... lazily pushing me. If you had 15 pages of filter and were hammering down on me with the wrath of a thousand suns you'd be town.

As for now, I don't know, and I don't really think it's productive for us to argue about it. Just go read other people and see what you find. Maybe talk to Sandroba in your friend chat.


Not done reading Palmar's filter, but this reads like Palmar doesn't know what to do. I can see scum!Palmar posting this. Especially since he was pretty confident earlier in his filter that marv would never push him as scum
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:05 GMT
#2452
On March 06 2024 08:02 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Palmer while here JAT or Trifle I've read so much today I don't really remember what your stance was.

JAT mafia, I've said a few times why.
Trfel is null with a few good posts. I also don't know if he is meh enough to feign afk as mafia.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:06 GMT
#2453
He didn‘t call you mafia before and you said he was mafia for not calling you bad. Now he‘s mafia for calling you mafia.

Just put a whip in his hand pull down your trousers and call him town will you.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:06 GMT
#2454
On March 06 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g

Oh it's an omgus.

And yeah, I'm not sure you're going to like what I've been posting.
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:07 GMT
#2455
On March 05 2024 09:51 Palmar wrote:
Cba arguing with marv now but did make a mental note of him posting about vivax probably being town but not wanting to mayor him. Weird take because voting town mayor is always best. Can just bully them into lynching theme way we want.

But ironically I’m not sure marv would call me mafia as scum because he has no idea if I’m gonna put in work tomorrow or be lazy. But it’s all very weak and I’m not day 1 lynching players who can be relied on to actually try later on in the game.

I liked some Koshi posts


This is what I had in mind. Less strong than I thought but yeah, at the beginning of the marv push, the mentality was "marv wouldn't push me as scum". Let's see where that changes
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


I guess there, throwing shade at marv
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:08 GMT
#2456
On March 06 2024 07:18 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 07:15 Koshi wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:13 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:08 Koshi wrote:
For the people thinking this was a good post by Palmar.

why marv should not be called mafia:
1) marv has a 7 page filter and is actually playing. That alone is enough to not call him mafia D1.
2) Palmar admits the first vote is legit on him. So that means marv came out of hiding to post a legit vote that would and could mean he had to play hard for the rest of the game if town!Palmar brought his A game. It is less likely Mafia!marv would do that because he cba. Town!marv would come out because he thinks it is the best thing to do for town. So this also leans towards a town!marv. This alone would be a good reason not to vote marv D1.
3) marv being wrong on Palmar means fuck all for his alignment. Last game, with Palmar and marv, they both wrongly tunneled Tfrel and Sandroba for 3 days straight, and townread mebaby. They were wrong 3 times, for 3 days. Both didn't catch scum rayn for those 3 days. Maybe I am slightly exaggerating but not too much. So don't think marv is flawless and it makes him mafia.

Why Palmar is mafia:
4) His reads are not good enough. The Oats read; which was at that time his top 1 mafia, was opportunistic and badly thought out. His marv read is just OMGUS and trying to discredit the person who leads his wagon.
5) He can play as a town leader, so him playing like a weasel this game points towards mafia.
6) Doing better is not hard when you start at the bottom of bottoms. It's a horrible point people are making. (calling out DP). He is at his best in this game still doing worse than he did in the previous game.

Kill Palmar.


Koshi if Palmar is town, after last game you realise he SHOULD be scum reading marv because marv prides himself on being the palmar whisperer and saving him from being mislynched etc.

so in this game, assuming palmar is town and marv seems to just be coasting to a palmar lynch here, town!palmar is always going to read marv as mafia.

Why now? Why not 2-3 hours ago

Because I have infinite faith in marv coming around. 2-3 hours ago I didn't actually think I was going to be killed.

I NEED to pre-empt the "well he was playing like mafia" bullshit and "I would never call him mafia as scum because it's risky cause people think I'm the Palmar oracle" that he has already posted in the thread.

If I do get lynched this needs to be in the thread. That's why I'm pointing it out now.

… pulling on my heart strings. Is it going to work? Stay tuned.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:10 GMT
#2457
On March 06 2024 08:04 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g


Why does it have any bearing on your read what he calls you?

If he doesn’t come out swinging he’s fucked.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:12 GMT
#2458
On March 06 2024 08:07 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 09:51 Palmar wrote:
Cba arguing with marv now but did make a mental note of him posting about vivax probably being town but not wanting to mayor him. Weird take because voting town mayor is always best. Can just bully them into lynching theme way we want.

But ironically I’m not sure marv would call me mafia as scum because he has no idea if I’m gonna put in work tomorrow or be lazy. But it’s all very weak and I’m not day 1 lynching players who can be relied on to actually try later on in the game.

I liked some Koshi posts


This is what I had in mind. Less strong than I thought but yeah, at the beginning of the marv push, the mentality was "marv wouldn't push me as scum". Let's see where that changes
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


I guess there, throwing shade at marv


Because I wanted marv to change his mind during my flurry of posting this morning. He failed to do so correctly and is has received a citation for that.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:12 GMT
#2459
On March 06 2024 08:10 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:04 Vivax wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar calling me mafia is not helping me townread him.

And it’s not omgus. It’s his only play as mafia. Still reading g


Why does it have any bearing on your read what he calls you?

If he doesn’t come out swinging he’s fucked.


That doesn't answer it.
I thought your read was independent of his perception of you.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:12 GMT
#2460
On March 06 2024 07:27 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 07:19 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:13 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 07:08 Koshi wrote:
For the people thinking this was a good post by Palmar.

why marv should not be called mafia:
1) marv has a 7 page filter and is actually playing. That alone is enough to not call him mafia D1.
2) Palmar admits the first vote is legit on him. So that means marv came out of hiding to post a legit vote that would and could mean he had to play hard for the rest of the game if town!Palmar brought his A game. It is less likely Mafia!marv would do that because he cba. Town!marv would come out because he thinks it is the best thing to do for town. So this also leans towards a town!marv. This alone would be a good reason not to vote marv D1.
3) marv being wrong on Palmar means fuck all for his alignment. Last game, with Palmar and marv, they both wrongly tunneled Tfrel and Sandroba for 3 days straight, and townread mebaby. They were wrong 3 times, for 3 days. Both didn't catch scum rayn for those 3 days. Maybe I am slightly exaggerating but not too much. So don't think marv is flawless and it makes him mafia.

Why Palmar is mafia:
4) His reads are not good enough. The Oats read; which was at that time his top 1 mafia, was opportunistic and badly thought out. His marv read is just OMGUS and trying to discredit the person who leads his wagon.
5) He can play as a town leader, so him playing like a weasel this game points towards mafia.
6) Doing better is not hard when you start at the bottom of bottoms. It's a horrible point people are making. (calling out DP). He is at his best in this game still doing worse than he did in the previous game.

Kill Palmar.


Koshi if Palmar is town, after last game you realise he SHOULD be scum reading marv because marv prides himself on being the palmar whisperer and saving him from being mislynched etc.

so in this game, assuming palmar is town and marv seems to just be coasting to a palmar lynch here, town!palmar is always going to read marv as mafia.

Scum marv knows he will not easily be able to mislynch town Palmar. And I really really doubt he would ever try needlessly since he hates putting effort in as mafia.


I don;t buy this at all sorry. Palmar was a really easy mislynch here.

Bad logic DP. If palmar is town and I am mafia I am risking palmar coming out looking really townie. I can’t possibly assume he will stay inactive.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 616
UpATreeSC 126
JuggernautJason21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19828
firebathero 200
Rush 139
Dewaltoss 80
Trap 25
Shine 22
Sexy 19
Bale 13
yabsab 9
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7853
qojqva1492
420jenkins147
monkeys_forever87
Counter-Strike
fl0m1558
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2016
crisheroes1202
Liquid`Hasu671
XaKoH 162
MindelVK13
Other Games
Grubby2886
FrodaN824
ceh9804
Beastyqt659
ArmadaUGS186
byalli173
KnowMe171
C9.Mang0144
Hui .141
QueenE110
Trikslyr72
Mew2King47
summit1g3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 9
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix12
• 80smullet 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1819
League of Legends
• TFBlade1084
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur253
• WagamamaTV251
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
Stellar Fest
18h 25m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.