• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:25
CEST 20:25
KST 03:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10516 users

End of the World Party Mafia - Page 352

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 350 351 352 353 354 454 Next
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
March 11 2019 03:46 GMT
#7021
On March 11 2019 12:45 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2019 12:43 Chezinu wrote:
On March 11 2019 10:46 Ace wrote:
As of now we have these claimed roles. If any of the information is wrong let me know.

1 Normal Vigilante (1 shot) - Tumbleweed
1 Lurker Vigilante (Can only target players that had less than 5 posts previous day) - Arcofales
Mad Hatter with 1 bomb - Fecalfeast
Mad Hatter - Chezinu
Day Vigilante - Pandain

Known roles:

Marv = Cop
Trfel = Doctor
Palmar = Backup Cop
iamperfection = Veteran

BC = Scum Roleblocker



With a closed set up we don't know role numbers, but some things we can surmise. I've stated these concerns in earlier posts but I want to keep this stuff on people's minds.

Most of my thoughts come from how I see a balanced game. This is usually from the idea that Scum doesn't really need much power in their roles to destroy the town. When I see lots of high powered Town Roles I assume scum is compensated somehow.

With what we know right now the Town has a shit ton of KP even if it's 1 shot. We have 5 KP plus the lynch. This isn't really that outlandish on the surface because we started with 36 players. But if we're walking around with that much KP look at what's missing - we've had 1 Doctor flip, and 1 cop flip. The backup cop doesn't count as an investigation role because it does nothing until the cop flips. That means in addition to veteran we've seen 2 protective roles and ONE active investigation role included with 8? total KP, 3 of which are guaranteed to hit Town and come with a role blocker.

No one has come out with any information on night investigations. I highly doubt we only had one information role so someone is holding onto something. This again gives the Town massive power vs the only known Scum role of RB.

So I just don't buy all of these claims.

Pandain's Day Vigi claim seems credible to me. Scum having a Day Vigi when they already have 3 KP doesn't match with what we know so far. I'm supposing mods know about the self-confirmation power of normal vigilantes and how shooting during the day boosts that even more.

TW hasn't been counter claimed on the BC shot. Almost confirmed town.

FF and Chez's claims can't be confirmed w/o rolecop or death lol. Both of them being hatters and Town is just wtf. But luckily these claims coincide with the problem role imo: Acro's lurker vigilante.

I've never seen this role afaik remember. When I first saw it I was like oh shit what a great concept! But then I kept thinking about it and it just doesn't seem to fit at face value. Remember, one of the issues with vigilantes is they are Town aligned but their KP can also hit Town. MAfia doesn't have this issue as they know their teammates and their KP will always hit Town.

So Acro is a Town aligned vigilante and gets to shoot people based on lurking conditions. First, the mods would have to know the issue that comes up if only Town satisfies that condition. You'd have a town aligned vigilante becoming completely anti-Town and killing teammates. Sure, they may want to give players control of dealing with lurkers and we can look at Acro as a mod tool. But, post count isn't a sub for post quality. They'd quickly realize that a potentially valuable pro-Town player would be screwed. However, this isn't the only problem with the role for me.

Damdred + Chezinu + Pandain. Those were his choices Night 2. I highly, highly doubt if this role is true it would drop only Town players into his cross hairs. It would be a strictly anti-town role and we would have to lynch him anyway unless you believe he only has 1 shot. If his role is true Acro should have thought hard about some of this and immediately railroaded Chez or Pandain. And if Pandain is town confirmed day vigilante, this means Chezinu has to be scum. Anyone believing Acro's claim should want Chezinu lynched soon.

Let's see how the night plays out and who comes out with a claim tomorrow.



I believe you are wrong about your Chezinu Role Claim. I know... he is hard to read.


Ah. so you never claimed mad hatter, correct?


yeah.. so it totes okay for mafia to shoot me tonight.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 11 2019 03:52 GMT
#7022
On March 11 2019 12:41 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2019 12:36 Mocsta wrote:
Tictock, since you are here, can you please comment as well.
its on previous page.

On March 11 2019 12:17 Mocsta wrote:
On March 11 2019 12:11 LightningStrike wrote:
I'll be honest I am extremely happy about Sent's flip being scum since it give us more breathing room. Hopefully we find our 2nd scum.

Can you my thoughts on BC filter on this page pls

Agree/Disagree/neutral?



Nothing you said impressed me nor made any impact.

I did think it was interesting you filtered Oats first then BC, but meh. Pretty much a bunch of disjointed WIFOM you posted imo.
So do you disagree or neutral?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 11 2019 03:58 GMT
#7023
Chezinu what do you think of my post about Acro's role?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
March 11 2019 04:01 GMT
#7024
On March 11 2019 12:58 Ace wrote:
Chezinu what do you think of my post about Acro's role?

It reminds me of when you were mayor in mafia 2 and used logic. Very different from the L vs Ace days. Acro opened the door to the possibility of unknown roles in this game. Which, you know in a game of unknowns Chez loves to pretend to be greatness even if it leads to his demise..

https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/240842-merc-mini-2?page=36#706

Overall, very logical. Plus, it protects me. So... bye bye Acro?
lol, clueless in The Prism!
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
March 11 2019 04:03 GMT
#7025
I brought my Tin Foil Hat here it is Tictock:
[image loading]
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
March 11 2019 04:04 GMT
#7026
Dear doctors and medics,

Do not protect me. My death will lead to more information... That is only if I die at night. Ace is an amazing investigator.





Caution: bombs can eliminate players that visit the player with the bomb when it goes off.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 11 2019 04:07 GMT
#7027
On March 11 2019 13:04 Chezinu wrote:
Dear doctors and medics,

Do not protect me. My death will lead to more information... That is only if I die at night. Ace is an amazing investigator.





Caution: bombs can eliminate players that visit the player with the bomb when it goes off.
Wtf role si this?
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
March 11 2019 04:07 GMT
#7028
hmm...

Is it too late to role claim that I'm a Bank?
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 11 2019 04:08 GMT
#7029
On March 11 2019 13:07 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2019 13:04 Chezinu wrote:
Dear doctors and medics,

Do not protect me. My death will lead to more information... That is only if I die at night. Ace is an amazing investigator.





Caution: bombs can eliminate players that visit the player with the bomb when it goes off.
Wtf role si this?
Thsi would suggest mafia have to nominate KP
Otherwise, their powerroles get fucked over majorly.

I dont recall kitaman using those mechanics

suss...
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
March 11 2019 04:11 GMT
#7030
On March 11 2019 13:07 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2019 13:04 Chezinu wrote:
Dear doctors and medics,

Do not protect me. My death will lead to more information... That is only if I die at night. Ace is an amazing investigator.





Caution: bombs can eliminate players that visit the player with the bomb when it goes off.
Wtf role si this?



On February 09 2010 16:02 Incognito wrote:
Mad Hatter
You may lay bombs on one player per night (maximum 2). If you are killed you will throw the switch and detonate them, killing the players (if they aren't protected by extra night lives, paramedics, or bodyguards). You may remove any number of them from players at any time during the night to get them back, but if a player is lynched with one on them while the you are still alive you lose that bomb for good. Bombs are refunded if the target is killed during the night.



Oh yeah.. it doesn't kill visitors.. does it? That would be so cool!!!

We really need to retry this end of the world game with more explosives!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
March 11 2019 04:28 GMT
#7031
But on a more serious note will take a closer look at dead towns reads in the morning see if I got any more connections outside of Palmar and Tina who I already checked out. Will check everything before I do those filters!
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 11 2019 04:40 GMT
#7032
Mz is 100%mafia
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 11 2019 04:40 GMT
#7033
Like 100000%
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 11 2019 04:40 GMT
#7034
Mz mafia
Mz mafia
Mz mafia
No gg, No skill.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 11 2019 04:46 GMT
#7035
Ace, you know Acro explained his claimed role, right?

On March 10 2019 06:04 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2019 05:59 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Acro, are you able to share the details of your role?

Is it based on a list of lurkers that you're just given, or were you told the criteria for inclusion on the list?

Yeah, sure. I had a half-baked plan of making ppl think I had more bullets and got weird lists, to make scum RB and shoot me, but messed it up already and their RB is dead.

I had 1 bullet and could shoot anyone who didn't vote it had less then 5 posts during the day. I whined to the hosts that I couldn't use it n1 as nobody met the requirements, but n2 it was more useful. Judging by the last post I should have shot the brown. I haven't gotten to why yet, tho :p


I think that "it" in the bolded is supposed to be an "or". Assuming that came in the role PM, which I'm guessing because of Acro saying he complained about it N1 because he couldn't shoot, then the choice of shots on N2 is completely not alignment indicative, but are simply the people who didn't vote or had under 5 posts. The role doesn't appear to care about alignment, just activity. In that sense I read it a lot more as a mod tool to handle inactivity by putting it in a player's hands as compared to simply mod-killing immediately. It's not inherently pro or anti town, looking at it that way.

Now, if you want to make a case that Acro's not telling the truth about the role somehow, then that's another thing. Seems like a really weird thing to lie about though, as either alignment, so I don't think that's happening here. On the flip side, I don't see having the role as alignment indicative, could easily be given to scum or town, so I wouldn't use it to influence my read. Same thing goes for some of the other claims.
you gotta dance
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 11 2019 04:56 GMT
#7036
I think Meap or Wiggles would be fantastic follow up lynches tomorrow. For sure one if not both of them are mafia.

I think lynching into role claims from D3 is always a bad move when there are plenty of better lynches decent pool of players to pick from outside of those.

I thought about doing some filters, but think I ran out of gumption, and would rather see where we are at D4.
I can take that responsibility.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 11 2019 04:58 GMT
#7037
Deadzone wiggles.

I would contest its a scum-favoured role.
Even if the entire scum team did not vote *OR* posted less than 5 times.
There would probably be a higher total of townies that are also eligible.

Thats the beauty, it sounds so good at face value. If it was this great, TL would have implemented the role as a deterrent yonks ago.

Anyhow, if you wouldnt use it to influence your read, where do you currently stand on acro?


Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 11 2019 04:58 GMT
#7038
On March 11 2019 13:56 Tictock wrote:
I think Meap or Wiggles would be fantastic follow up lynches tomorrow. For sure one if not both of them are mafia.

I think lynching into role claims from D3 is always a bad move when there are plenty of better lynches decent pool of players to pick from outside of those.

I thought about doing some filters, but think I ran out of gumption, and would rather see where we are at D4.
How convenient....
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 11 2019 05:02 GMT
#7039
On March 11 2019 13:58 Mocsta wrote:
Deadzone wiggles.

I would contest its a scum-favoured role.
Even if the entire scum team did not vote *OR* posted less than 5 times.
There would probably be a higher total of townies that are also eligible.

Thats the beauty, it sounds so good at face value. If it was this great, TL would have implemented the role as a deterrent yonks ago.

Anyhow, if you wouldnt use it to influence your read, where do you currently stand on acro?




I disagree with this.

An anti lurker Vig is fairly Townsided in a game this large (free flip = saves a mislynch, more info, removal of question marks).

I've also explained several times why I feel like it is wasted effort to lynch into claims right now.

You just mad I'm calling you scum or do you have to be an ass to me?
I can take that responsibility.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
March 11 2019 05:07 GMT
#7040
On March 11 2019 13:11 Chezinu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2019 13:07 Mocsta wrote:
On March 11 2019 13:04 Chezinu wrote:
Dear doctors and medics,

Do not protect me. My death will lead to more information... That is only if I die at night. Ace is an amazing investigator.





Caution: bombs can eliminate players that visit the player with the bomb when it goes off.
Wtf role si this?



Show nested quote +
On February 09 2010 16:02 Incognito wrote:
Mad Hatter
You may lay bombs on one player per night (maximum 2). If you are killed you will throw the switch and detonate them, killing the players (if they aren't protected by extra night lives, paramedics, or bodyguards). You may remove any number of them from players at any time during the night to get them back, but if a player is lynched with one on them while the you are still alive you lose that bomb for good. Bombs are refunded if the target is killed during the night.



Oh yeah.. it doesn't kill visitors.. does it? That would be so cool!!!

We really need to retry this end of the world game with more explosives!

For the record this is not like my role at all and I'm pretty sire chez is trolling at this point
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 350 351 352 353 354 454 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 663
SteadfastSC506
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 506
UpATreeSC 155
BRAT_OK 58
PtitDrogo 44
JuggernautJason44
MindelVK 21
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi903
qojqva845
Counter-Strike
fl0m1165
Fnx 737
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2690
Khaldor1844
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
Grubby3357
ArmadaUGS1449
ceh9527
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe146
Chillindude136
QueenE100
Trikslyr44
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 6
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• blackmanpl 16
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1045
Other Games
• imaqtpie1033
• Scarra414
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 36m
OSC
18h 36m
Stellar Fest
18h 36m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.