• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:25
CEST 20:25
KST 03:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10474 users

End of the World Party Mafia - Page 268

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 270 454 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 07 2019 19:16 GMT
#5341
I'm pretty sure rayn is just imagining himself in my position
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:17 GMT
#5342
On March 08 2019 04:16 Vivax wrote:
I'm pretty sure rayn is just imagining himself in my position

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 07 2019 19:18 GMT
#5343
What kind of ew is that rayn ^^
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2019 19:20 GMT
#5344
On March 08 2019 04:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
I’m like straight confused

i am super scum but is it that you are confused because you are town or fucking dumb?

I didn’t mention you at all other than the holyflare thing but that was for fun
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:20 GMT
#5345
Holyflare. Friendly advice. I am not sure how long i am here. I meant what i said.
table for two on a tv tray
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 07 2019 19:21 GMT
#5346
On March 08 2019 04:11 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
oh btw from now on i am gonna be a little bitch and report all "offences" to hosts because they can be hurstful to a soul of some person..... so no swearing, no anything else. inbetween tl rules you idiots. i am done with me getting all the shit for nothing.


You know what always cheers me up?

Sifaka lemurs:
+ Show Spoiler +

Look at em.
Lovely things.


That did cheer me up

Lets go back to this:
On March 07 2019 22:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2019 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm leaning heavily towards a scum read on BH right now. The more he posts the more scummy his motivations seem to be. His attacks on hf look as if he has made them up on the spot in an effort to try and paint hf as mafia, rather than coming to natural conclusions about hf from available evidence.

The best example of this is the following post:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


This is pure speculation and I like how creative it is, but it is not evidence.

He then refers back to this as 'compelling' a few posts later, but as we can see it isn't compelling its a rather badly shoehorned piece of fiction, designed to create an mirage.

On March 06 2019 18:31 Blazinghand wrote:


Whatever the particulars of the bad Palmar scumread, I still think this is easily the most compelling reason for the HF scum case:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


HF has largely abandoned his provably false ideas of "well, I couldn't change the mayor lynch" given the way the mayor lynch is received mechanically and the fact he was in thread and watched and commented on the shenannnies as they went down. Just for killing Palmar is he scum? eh, maybe not. But for lying about it, then slithering away from the lie when called out? oh yeah baby

Ok, so what is the point of town!HF to claim a fake vig shot? I didn't incorporate it in my case, because it's mostly wifom, but I really don't see it:

1. He made a big play and it backfired spectacularly.
2. He makes another big play just for shit and giggles? WTF?

Now, lets say BH had gotten vig'd. We'd have a townie counterclaiming the vig shot, and today would have been an even bigger shitshow. Lynch all liars is a damned good policy for a reason, because even if townies *do* do this kind of stupid shit, it is blatantly anti-town play. And the *second* time HF does a big anti-town play in the same damn game.


That's true, but doesn't say anything about the point I am making. This story BH is telling is meaningless, as if he needed something completely made up to emphasize his argument for some reason.
Also, if we are lynching people for anti-town play, what about the whole of D1/N1 from BH? Blatant anti-town play that has no upside or no possible upside for town.

You say BH is scummy for making up a narrative. While the narrative is of course pure speculation, it's just a funny way of presenting the problem here:

FACT: HF claimed vigilante
FACT: HF is not a vigilante
CONCLUSION: HF fakeclaimed vigilante.

So there are two options: HF is town and fakeclaimed vigilante, or HF is scum and fakeclaimed vigilante.

You seem to lean towards it being town!HF fakeclaiming vigilante, because in his own words, he was adding "suspense" around the daypost. I mean.. sure, he has shown so far that HF only really cares about HF, so he might just have done it for the shit of it, but you ignored the whole conundrum of my post earlier. How do you explain town!HF not even thinking that there was a real vig that would really shoot BH?

WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 07 2019 19:21 GMT
#5347
On March 08 2019 03:41 darthfoley wrote:
so i have 75 pages to read... and i'm getting shoulder surgery tomorrow and my arm will be in a sling for a month.

I'll spend the next couple hours trying to make sense of this stuff and be useful for once. If you want to vig me, that might be ideal lol

... Why would you play the game if you're having surgery?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:23 GMT
#5348
On March 08 2019 04:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
I’m like straight confused

i am super scum but is it that you are confused because you are town or fucking dumb?

I didn’t mention you at all other than the holyflare thing but that was for fun

its okay you are town but watch out later. Also hf isn't mafia, i understand you think so and honestly idc but he isnt.
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 07 2019 19:23 GMT
#5349
Although if I imagine myself in your position, I figure I'd be pretty mad about BH
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
March 07 2019 19:23 GMT
#5350
On March 08 2019 01:34 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2019 18:18 Blazinghand wrote:
On top of all that, After spending 24 hours D1 and all of N1 trying to get lynched and shot, it didn't happen. And if it won't happen when I'm actively trying to make it happen, it's not happening. So, there's really no reason to avoid saying things that might get misunderstood and lead people to think I'm scum. who cares? None of you are going to pull together a group big enough that it's going to lynch me anyways. So... I'm free. I can post what I want. I don't have to stop and think about what will build cred, because I have none. I don't have to carefully maneuver to avoid scum trapping me into getting lynched, because as we've seen, it's impossible to lynch me. I've transcended this game. I am beyond suspicion. People just don't want to lynch me, so why should I defend myself? Why should I worry about my appearance, or any pressure anyone puts on me? Feh. I'll analyze what I want to analyze and do what I want, and see if I can find some scum. I'm cursed to play out this game for my hubris, trapped, never lynched, vigied, or nked, no matter what I try. So... I might as well play, and fuck caring about what I look like

Yo. We need you to continue not making this happen, because it sure looks like it's going to happen. We need more analysis from you and less blathering about your hubris and being above the game.


I'm here ittermittently via phone for a few hours from work, then for about 2 hours leading up to the deadline I'm here on a computer. To be honest, in a game riddled with lurkers, where HF has played actively against the town, it's a sign of my poor performance that I've recieved the most votes today. I'm probably not going to get shot N2, and I'm not going to improve in performance going forward - small amounts of analysis and conversation, and pushing one major scumread.

On March 08 2019 01:43 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 01:38 Acrofales wrote:
@rsoultin:
On March 07 2019 05:37 rsoultin wrote:
On March 07 2019 05:35 sicklucker wrote:
if we were gonna yolo lynch I think rels is the guy. he starts getting active as mafia starts winning. very nice. also thinks im scum for some reason which seems forced (omgus)


I'm also down for this. If I still feel this way in the morning I'll explain further.

But I also am fine with a BH lynch so...yeah lol ><


This is a pretty shitty reason to lynch this guy:
On March 05 2019 08:59 Blazinghand wrote:
Well, sorry for the poor performance guys. Exo is either more perceptive than most of you, or scum looking for post flip cred, for talking to me like I'm town. Same with Ace.

I really didn't expect the thread to balloon so much. Thabks for killing me early, this is a good plynch. Good luck everyone, and have fun!


Why is BH scum? Go.


I don't know xD Maybe he's not


A lot of votes have come out of the woodwork while I was asleep with about this level of justification, and now I'm in the lead. Pretty annoying. RIP

On March 08 2019 02:13 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 01:57 rsoultin wrote:

I agree. I just don't see him ever being lynched over HF, BH or alternatively a low-posting lurker like ExO_ if people decided they don't want to lynch the former two.

And honestly I'm not really too interested in lynching someone I don't strongly feel is scum? Cause I think BH has a slightly larger chance of flipping town than scum but I wouldn't wager a so much as a quarter on it lol ><


You’re probably right. Too bad there’s quite a few who want to kill Ace. I feel the same about BH.


Hmmm maybe the rule of Browns little brother the rule of LS will hold this game.


I'd really prefer to kill HF. ExO and Ace both have seemed suspicious to me, but HF needs to be top priority imo.

On March 08 2019 02:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
At this point i am going to politely inform that i am not going to change my vote and fuck you all.


This could easily lead to my horrible lynching but I like your moxie kid

On March 08 2019 04:21 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:11 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
oh btw from now on i am gonna be a little bitch and report all "offences" to hosts because they can be hurstful to a soul of some person..... so no swearing, no anything else. inbetween tl rules you idiots. i am done with me getting all the shit for nothing.


You know what always cheers me up?

Sifaka lemurs:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiZElNNpAY

Look at em.
Lovely things.


That did cheer me up

Lets go back to this:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2019 22:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm leaning heavily towards a scum read on BH right now. The more he posts the more scummy his motivations seem to be. His attacks on hf look as if he has made them up on the spot in an effort to try and paint hf as mafia, rather than coming to natural conclusions about hf from available evidence.

The best example of this is the following post:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


This is pure speculation and I like how creative it is, but it is not evidence.

He then refers back to this as 'compelling' a few posts later, but as we can see it isn't compelling its a rather badly shoehorned piece of fiction, designed to create an mirage.

On March 06 2019 18:31 Blazinghand wrote:


Whatever the particulars of the bad Palmar scumread, I still think this is easily the most compelling reason for the HF scum case:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


HF has largely abandoned his provably false ideas of "well, I couldn't change the mayor lynch" given the way the mayor lynch is received mechanically and the fact he was in thread and watched and commented on the shenannnies as they went down. Just for killing Palmar is he scum? eh, maybe not. But for lying about it, then slithering away from the lie when called out? oh yeah baby

Ok, so what is the point of town!HF to claim a fake vig shot? I didn't incorporate it in my case, because it's mostly wifom, but I really don't see it:

1. He made a big play and it backfired spectacularly.
2. He makes another big play just for shit and giggles? WTF?

Now, lets say BH had gotten vig'd. We'd have a townie counterclaiming the vig shot, and today would have been an even bigger shitshow. Lynch all liars is a damned good policy for a reason, because even if townies *do* do this kind of stupid shit, it is blatantly anti-town play. And the *second* time HF does a big anti-town play in the same damn game.


That's true, but doesn't say anything about the point I am making. This story BH is telling is meaningless, as if he needed something completely made up to emphasize his argument for some reason.
Also, if we are lynching people for anti-town play, what about the whole of D1/N1 from BH? Blatant anti-town play that has no upside or no possible upside for town.

You say BH is scummy for making up a narrative. While the narrative is of course pure speculation, it's just a funny way of presenting the problem here:

FACT: HF claimed vigilante
FACT: HF is not a vigilante
CONCLUSION: HF fakeclaimed vigilante.

So there are two options: HF is town and fakeclaimed vigilante, or HF is scum and fakeclaimed vigilante.

You seem to lean towards it being town!HF fakeclaiming vigilante, because in his own words, he was adding "suspense" around the daypost. I mean.. sure, he has shown so far that HF only really cares about HF, so he might just have done it for the shit of it, but you ignored the whole conundrum of my post earlier. How do you explain town!HF not even thinking that there was a real vig that would really shoot BH?



Hilariously, I think a few of the people voting me just never noticed HF's fakeclaim :shrugs:


When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:24 GMT
#5351
On March 08 2019 04:21 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 03:41 darthfoley wrote:
so i have 75 pages to read... and i'm getting shoulder surgery tomorrow and my arm will be in a sling for a month.

I'll spend the next couple hours trying to make sense of this stuff and be useful for once. If you want to vig me, that might be ideal lol

... Why would you not play the game today if you're having surgery twrw?

ftfy
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:26 GMT
#5352
i hope everything goes well DF
table for two on a tv tray
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
March 07 2019 19:26 GMT
#5353
On March 08 2019 04:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i hope everything goes well DF

+1
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2019 19:28 GMT
#5354
I am kind of falling asleep atm. I think you should take a look at my case on Acro but i guess that's a lost call. :/

Well, just dont be idiots. gn
table for two on a tv tray
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2019 19:29 GMT
#5355
Let’s talk about this mason thing, seems fairly interesting.

Rels can you say exactly what you can do please?

Rsoul and rels, what have you guys been saying in there?
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2019 19:30 GMT
#5356
On March 08 2019 04:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am kind of falling asleep atm. I think you should take a look at my case on Acro but i guess that's a lost call. :/

Well, just dont be idiots. gn

Okay so the Acro case to me seems to hinge around the idea that he was around at deadline but didn’t really show any interest in convincing Palmar not to lynch sent. I personally don’t think it’s alignment indicative so meh
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 07 2019 19:30 GMT
#5357
On March 08 2019 04:21 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:11 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
oh btw from now on i am gonna be a little bitch and report all "offences" to hosts because they can be hurstful to a soul of some person..... so no swearing, no anything else. inbetween tl rules you idiots. i am done with me getting all the shit for nothing.


You know what always cheers me up?

Sifaka lemurs:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiZElNNpAY

Look at em.
Lovely things.


That did cheer me up

Lets go back to this:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2019 22:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm leaning heavily towards a scum read on BH right now. The more he posts the more scummy his motivations seem to be. His attacks on hf look as if he has made them up on the spot in an effort to try and paint hf as mafia, rather than coming to natural conclusions about hf from available evidence.

The best example of this is the following post:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


This is pure speculation and I like how creative it is, but it is not evidence.

He then refers back to this as 'compelling' a few posts later, but as we can see it isn't compelling its a rather badly shoehorned piece of fiction, designed to create an mirage.

On March 06 2019 18:31 Blazinghand wrote:


Whatever the particulars of the bad Palmar scumread, I still think this is easily the most compelling reason for the HF scum case:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


HF has largely abandoned his provably false ideas of "well, I couldn't change the mayor lynch" given the way the mayor lynch is received mechanically and the fact he was in thread and watched and commented on the shenannnies as they went down. Just for killing Palmar is he scum? eh, maybe not. But for lying about it, then slithering away from the lie when called out? oh yeah baby

Ok, so what is the point of town!HF to claim a fake vig shot? I didn't incorporate it in my case, because it's mostly wifom, but I really don't see it:

1. He made a big play and it backfired spectacularly.
2. He makes another big play just for shit and giggles? WTF?

Now, lets say BH had gotten vig'd. We'd have a townie counterclaiming the vig shot, and today would have been an even bigger shitshow. Lynch all liars is a damned good policy for a reason, because even if townies *do* do this kind of stupid shit, it is blatantly anti-town play. And the *second* time HF does a big anti-town play in the same damn game.


That's true, but doesn't say anything about the point I am making. This story BH is telling is meaningless, as if he needed something completely made up to emphasize his argument for some reason.
Also, if we are lynching people for anti-town play, what about the whole of D1/N1 from BH? Blatant anti-town play that has no upside or no possible upside for town.

You say BH is scummy for making up a narrative. While the narrative is of course pure speculation, it's just a funny way of presenting the problem here:

FACT: HF claimed vigilante
FACT: HF is not a vigilante
CONCLUSION: HF fakeclaimed vigilante.

So there are two options: HF is town and fakeclaimed vigilante, or HF is scum and fakeclaimed vigilante.

You seem to lean towards it being town!HF fakeclaiming vigilante, because in his own words, he was adding "suspense" around the daypost. I mean.. sure, he has shown so far that HF only really cares about HF, so he might just have done it for the shit of it, but you ignored the whole conundrum of my post earlier. How do you explain town!HF not even thinking that there was a real vig that would really shoot BH?



I mean... who cares if there was a real vig? I could just rescind my claim or get killed which, again, would make my position a 1 for 1 trade if I survived somehow (which I wouldn't in this case) which I would never like.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2019 19:31 GMT
#5358
On March 08 2019 04:30 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:21 Acrofales wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:11 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
oh btw from now on i am gonna be a little bitch and report all "offences" to hosts because they can be hurstful to a soul of some person..... so no swearing, no anything else. inbetween tl rules you idiots. i am done with me getting all the shit for nothing.


You know what always cheers me up?

Sifaka lemurs:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiZElNNpAY

Look at em.
Lovely things.


That did cheer me up

Lets go back to this:
On March 07 2019 22:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm leaning heavily towards a scum read on BH right now. The more he posts the more scummy his motivations seem to be. His attacks on hf look as if he has made them up on the spot in an effort to try and paint hf as mafia, rather than coming to natural conclusions about hf from available evidence.

The best example of this is the following post:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


This is pure speculation and I like how creative it is, but it is not evidence.

He then refers back to this as 'compelling' a few posts later, but as we can see it isn't compelling its a rather badly shoehorned piece of fiction, designed to create an mirage.

On March 06 2019 18:31 Blazinghand wrote:


Whatever the particulars of the bad Palmar scumread, I still think this is easily the most compelling reason for the HF scum case:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


HF has largely abandoned his provably false ideas of "well, I couldn't change the mayor lynch" given the way the mayor lynch is received mechanically and the fact he was in thread and watched and commented on the shenannnies as they went down. Just for killing Palmar is he scum? eh, maybe not. But for lying about it, then slithering away from the lie when called out? oh yeah baby

Ok, so what is the point of town!HF to claim a fake vig shot? I didn't incorporate it in my case, because it's mostly wifom, but I really don't see it:

1. He made a big play and it backfired spectacularly.
2. He makes another big play just for shit and giggles? WTF?

Now, lets say BH had gotten vig'd. We'd have a townie counterclaiming the vig shot, and today would have been an even bigger shitshow. Lynch all liars is a damned good policy for a reason, because even if townies *do* do this kind of stupid shit, it is blatantly anti-town play. And the *second* time HF does a big anti-town play in the same damn game.


That's true, but doesn't say anything about the point I am making. This story BH is telling is meaningless, as if he needed something completely made up to emphasize his argument for some reason.
Also, if we are lynching people for anti-town play, what about the whole of D1/N1 from BH? Blatant anti-town play that has no upside or no possible upside for town.

You say BH is scummy for making up a narrative. While the narrative is of course pure speculation, it's just a funny way of presenting the problem here:

FACT: HF claimed vigilante
FACT: HF is not a vigilante
CONCLUSION: HF fakeclaimed vigilante.

So there are two options: HF is town and fakeclaimed vigilante, or HF is scum and fakeclaimed vigilante.

You seem to lean towards it being town!HF fakeclaiming vigilante, because in his own words, he was adding "suspense" around the daypost. I mean.. sure, he has shown so far that HF only really cares about HF, so he might just have done it for the shit of it, but you ignored the whole conundrum of my post earlier. How do you explain town!HF not even thinking that there was a real vig that would really shoot BH?



I mean... who cares if there was a real vig? I could just rescind my claim or get killed which, again, would make my position a 1 for 1 trade if I survived somehow (which I wouldn't in this case) which I would never like.

Yeah hf has 100% done this shit in a game where there was an actual vig so that’s not really anything
No gg, No skill.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
March 07 2019 19:31 GMT
#5359
On March 08 2019 04:30 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 04:21 Acrofales wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:11 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 08 2019 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
oh btw from now on i am gonna be a little bitch and report all "offences" to hosts because they can be hurstful to a soul of some person..... so no swearing, no anything else. inbetween tl rules you idiots. i am done with me getting all the shit for nothing.


You know what always cheers me up?

Sifaka lemurs:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiZElNNpAY

Look at em.
Lovely things.


That did cheer me up

Lets go back to this:
On March 07 2019 22:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On March 07 2019 22:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm leaning heavily towards a scum read on BH right now. The more he posts the more scummy his motivations seem to be. His attacks on hf look as if he has made them up on the spot in an effort to try and paint hf as mafia, rather than coming to natural conclusions about hf from available evidence.

The best example of this is the following post:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


This is pure speculation and I like how creative it is, but it is not evidence.

He then refers back to this as 'compelling' a few posts later, but as we can see it isn't compelling its a rather badly shoehorned piece of fiction, designed to create an mirage.

On March 06 2019 18:31 Blazinghand wrote:


Whatever the particulars of the bad Palmar scumread, I still think this is easily the most compelling reason for the HF scum case:

On March 06 2019 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
HF why did you claim a shot on me?

Here's a theory as to why HF did this. It is because he is scum.

In the Scum QT:
Holyflare: Hey guys, the deadline is coming up. We know a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and then probably claim after the daypost.
Other Scums: yeah, sounds accurate to me.
Holyflare: then Blazinghand will flip town, and i'm going to look real bad.
Other Scums: oh no!
Holyflare: ok, but here's the plan. I'm going to, right before the end of the night, with second on the clock, claim that I'm the vigi and am shooting BH.
Other Scums: why would you do this HF? we're not shooting BH...
Holflare: see, a vigi is going to shoot Blazinghand, and I will get autolynched D2 unless I can pose as the vigi who shot him. This will allow me to get in one more mislynch, as people will trust me. If the real vigi counterclaims, that's still a better situation than if I never claimed in the first place and just let myself get autolynched.
Other Scums: good idea

Then, for some reason, I didn't get shot, and now HF has to just pretend he never claimed he was shooting me


HF has largely abandoned his provably false ideas of "well, I couldn't change the mayor lynch" given the way the mayor lynch is received mechanically and the fact he was in thread and watched and commented on the shenannnies as they went down. Just for killing Palmar is he scum? eh, maybe not. But for lying about it, then slithering away from the lie when called out? oh yeah baby

Ok, so what is the point of town!HF to claim a fake vig shot? I didn't incorporate it in my case, because it's mostly wifom, but I really don't see it:

1. He made a big play and it backfired spectacularly.
2. He makes another big play just for shit and giggles? WTF?

Now, lets say BH had gotten vig'd. We'd have a townie counterclaiming the vig shot, and today would have been an even bigger shitshow. Lynch all liars is a damned good policy for a reason, because even if townies *do* do this kind of stupid shit, it is blatantly anti-town play. And the *second* time HF does a big anti-town play in the same damn game.


That's true, but doesn't say anything about the point I am making. This story BH is telling is meaningless, as if he needed something completely made up to emphasize his argument for some reason.
Also, if we are lynching people for anti-town play, what about the whole of D1/N1 from BH? Blatant anti-town play that has no upside or no possible upside for town.

You say BH is scummy for making up a narrative. While the narrative is of course pure speculation, it's just a funny way of presenting the problem here:

FACT: HF claimed vigilante
FACT: HF is not a vigilante
CONCLUSION: HF fakeclaimed vigilante.

So there are two options: HF is town and fakeclaimed vigilante, or HF is scum and fakeclaimed vigilante.

You seem to lean towards it being town!HF fakeclaiming vigilante, because in his own words, he was adding "suspense" around the daypost. I mean.. sure, he has shown so far that HF only really cares about HF, so he might just have done it for the shit of it, but you ignored the whole conundrum of my post earlier. How do you explain town!HF not even thinking that there was a real vig that would really shoot BH?



I mean... who cares if there was a real vig? I could just rescind my claim or get killed which, again, would make my position a 1 for 1 trade if I survived somehow (which I wouldn't in this case) which I would never like.


You've mentioned a few times that you've provided evidence that you do this kind of last second fakeclaim as town and have done so before - can you link to a game or state the name of a game in which you did this?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 07 2019 19:31 GMT
#5360
On March 08 2019 01:57 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2019 01:50 Jockmcplop wrote:
On March 08 2019 01:17 rsoultin wrote:
Actually, if we're looking for people over-justifying votes I'd say Jock qualifies. Caveat is I think he was planning on looking into BH earlier.


I've said that since I voted for trfel on the first night. I wanted to see more from BH to see what he's all about.
I have done, but I still don't know who to vote for tonight so I'm keeping an eye out.

Ace is still a good candidate... turning up with his one word replies pointing out other people's mistakes while keeping his mouth pretty much shut about everything.


I agree. I just don't see him ever being lynched over HF, BH or alternatively a low-posting lurker like ExO_ if people decided they don't want to lynch the former two.

And honestly I'm not really too interested in lynching someone I don't strongly feel is scum? Cause I think BH has a slightly larger chance of flipping town than scum but I wouldn't wager a so much as a quarter on it lol ><

I'd like to lynch Rels but people think his role makes him town and arguing till I'm blue in the face that he's not talking to me when he masoned me which he seemed eager to do is probably not going to get me anywhere. In part because people aren't experiencing what I am and in part because it's kind of tonal anyway. Excite -> not solving game with me.

Also I'd feel a bit like a dick if he's a townie with no time and was just being nice so maybe I should have let it slide and see what he did later >< thing is I'm not sure how long this thing lasts and I don't expect to survive N2 anyway.

So anyway, meanwhile you have your vote parked on someone you can't even make a coherent argument for that he's scum?
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 270 454 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 663
SteadfastSC506
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 506
UpATreeSC 155
BRAT_OK 58
PtitDrogo 44
JuggernautJason44
MindelVK 21
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi903
qojqva845
Counter-Strike
fl0m1165
Fnx 737
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2690
Khaldor1844
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
Grubby3357
ArmadaUGS1449
ceh9527
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe146
Chillindude136
QueenE100
Trikslyr44
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 6
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• blackmanpl 16
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1045
Other Games
• imaqtpie1033
• Scarra414
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 36m
OSC
18h 36m
Stellar Fest
18h 36m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.