• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 02:57 GMT
#397
On March 07 2018 11:43 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 11:40 Tubesock wrote:
Holyflare, why don't you like prplhz?


For the exact opposite reason you town read him. He calls you scummy and then says that probably makes you town. It bypasses any kind of discussion about what the exact points he would be scum reading you are and just waves it all away.


Lets discuss.

What do you think of the last page out of Tubesock. Do you still think he is mafia?

Would you be interested in lynching prplhz today over Tubesock?
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 03:17 GMT
#403
On March 07 2018 12:06 Tubesock wrote:
I asked AMG for clarification about his "Mafia are chucking an AFK townie under the bus there" to see if it was a scum read on Fecalfeast or Rsoultin since they are the only ones pushing the Vivax lynch. Turns out he was just speaking generally so it's not a breadcrumb read. LOL I wasn't grasping at straws to scum AMG.

Moosy, do you have any scum reads outside of me? Like I'm pretty sure I'm an easy scumread since the majority of the thread scums me....


Ill speak more specifically to better illustrate my point: I FEEL Mafia Tubesock is throwing AFK townie Vivax under the bus there. Slap a vote on him, say meta/afk and save his own hide.

AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 03:36 GMT
#412
On March 07 2018 12:20 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 12:06 Tubesock wrote:
I asked AMG for clarification about his "Mafia are chucking an AFK townie under the bus there" to see if it was a scum read on Fecalfeast or Rsoultin since they are the only ones pushing the Vivax lynch. Turns out he was just speaking generally so it's not a breadcrumb read. LOL I wasn't grasping at straws to scum AMG.

Moosy, do you have any scum reads outside of me? Like I'm pretty sure I'm an easy scumread since the majority of the thread scums me....

Also, I didn't think you were grasping at straws to scum AMG, I'm thinking you're grasping at straws to scum Fecal or anyone you can to get in with alignment with AMG who's thrown you the first life rope.


Well, that's not happening. In case its not painfully obvious, the other person that's caught my interest today is prplhz. His attack on me was shit and I want to hear more out of him before I make my mind up for today.

Frankly, Tubesock just doesn't seem to be operating on a coherent wavelength to me. At all.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 04:16 GMT
#419
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


The more I read this post, the less I like it.

You think the Tubesock push is something you'd normally like, but then be wrong about... so you agree with the logic? And then I'm making excuses to be on that wagon, the one you would normally like?

If you'd normally like this kind of push, but you're opting out, what gives. Why are you going against your better judgement in this one?
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 07:45 GMT
#440
On March 07 2018 15:51 n00bKing wrote:
Meanwhile,

Does anyone agree or disagree with rsoul's assessment that the silence from Vivax and Kelsier (and especially Vivax) is more alignment-indicative than it is for chaoser? Does anyone even know chaoser?

I think it's also worth discussing whether any of those players are strong Town assets *when* they are Town. For example, let's say people generally agree that Vivax is more likely than the average player, to no-show a thread while Scum. If it just so happens that he had done it as Town this time, would we be shooting ourselves in the foot in a major way by mislynching him, and losing the services of Town Vivax, cuz maybe he was going to show up later and be a Scum-wrecking machine? Or is it big upside and only small downside? And then same question regarding our other 2 no-shows.


Chaoser has been on this forum even longer than I have. Back when PM games used to be the norm and you used to get clues from the host every cycle.

Hes pretty good/reasonable when he can resist the urge to troll, but that urge strikes him pretty often.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 07:50 GMT
#441
On March 07 2018 16:13 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 15:58 n00bKing wrote:
On March 07 2018 15:44 Tubesock wrote:
Uh it was pretty clear you were going to vote me so the timing wasn’t relevant at all.

It wasn't clear to ME that I was going to vote against you, until you made the post that I identified as being the one that actually caused me to place the vote.
Tubesock wrote:
I’ll even go a step further, you’re not going to vote anyone else today.

lol, guess we'll see, huh?

Meanwhile, you're still not answering the question. Third time: In addition to not wanting to talk to AMG about whether it's scum-indicative for players to be prickly, why did you also not want to talk to him about me, the thing you claimed to be "more interested in" at the time, and a topic where you knew he had a differing opinion? Why would you not want to bounce your thoughts about me off of other players, unless you already knew my allegiance?


I didn’t think it would be a beneficial conversation. While I will bounce off ideas with people I trust, I generally talk with people to get a read on them not the subject of the conversation. While even asking him to clarify things about you, they would not likely change or affect my read on you. Especially considering AMG’s and my differences. And I didn’t think what he said would offer me any insights on him.



You say you talk to people to get a read on them, yet you declined my attempts to drag you into a conversation about my reads. The conversation was not about n00bking even if he was being discussed. The conversation was about letting me get a better read on you, and you getting a read on me. That's how this game works. If you didn't think what I said would offer any further insights on my alignment, why wouldn't you then ask what you thought were the right questions of me then try and get an insight?

I feel like i'm going to get frustrated with this conversation if we go round again.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 10:51 GMT
#468
Whats so hard to understand about his list? Top to bottom in order of towniess. Towns at the top, scum at the bottom. AFK's hes not even going to consider because by definition of being AFK's they haven't even posted yet
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 11:03 GMT
#470
I'm going to open up a 3rd wagon on prplhz. I think his attack on me was rubbish.

##Vote:prplhz



I bit my tongue for a while to see where it went, but this wagon on Vivax is a farce. Lynching someone who hasn't posted when you've got plenty of stuff in the thread to work with is just lazy.

He flips scum, what do we learn? nada. squat. I mean yay we got a scum, but its just dumb ass luck if he flips scum. Conversely he flips town, everyone on his wagon says 'welp he was afk, had it coming', and we chuck an entire cycle away.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 11:33 GMT
#477
I'm going to give you the courtesy of letting you catch up before I tell you you're bad.

Carry on.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 21:03 GMT
#520
On March 08 2018 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Follow up by AMG looks better at glance given he sticks his head in many different places and generally gives off a vibe of wanting to do stuff which is a plus for him on D1. Doesn't allow me to exclude him as mafia though.

I don't see what would have required catching up in regards to his initial tubesock read however. It remains a read that is essentially based on Tube being prickly entirely, except that the actual vote happens only when Noobking votes.

His initial impression that Tube is prickly goes from being an observation to an explanation for why it is scummy to a vote for other reasons.

It looks like he reacts to his own posts to keep up a narrative in this case.
I see it like this could have happened:

Townie overreacts to other townie, AMG spots possible fault by TS, calls him prickly but doesn't go with it anywhere. So he needs to make a followup posts telling us that he thinks it's a mafia trait cause the previous post alone in the room would look bad.
Only when Noobking attacks Tubesock AMG decides to vote for him, and he does it by rehashing/agreeing with what Noobking said.

So AMG was kind of looking for reasons to get onto Tubesock purely for the reason he called him prickly already, and since his own reason didn't get enough pull, he only felt like he had the opportunity to do so when Noobking voted first.

This is summed up what's not right with AMG in my opinion.


You completely overlook the reason I take issue with tubesock which I've gone over two or three times now. His pricklyness catches my eye, as did him having a read that conflicted with mine, so I challenged his read. He refused to discuss anything with me at all, like he didn't give a shit about my alignment and had no drive to find out why I had a different opinion to him.


AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 21:32 GMT
#535
Running my son into daycare and will hopefully be back before the lynch but I'm not on board with a Df lynch. Call it self serving but his reads align with mine and he seems to be making sense to me.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 22:16 GMT
#552
On March 08 2018 06:56 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 06:03 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Follow up by AMG looks better at glance given he sticks his head in many different places and generally gives off a vibe of wanting to do stuff which is a plus for him on D1. Doesn't allow me to exclude him as mafia though.

I don't see what would have required catching up in regards to his initial tubesock read however. It remains a read that is essentially based on Tube being prickly entirely, except that the actual vote happens only when Noobking votes.

His initial impression that Tube is prickly goes from being an observation to an explanation for why it is scummy to a vote for other reasons.

It looks like he reacts to his own posts to keep up a narrative in this case.
I see it like this could have happened:

Townie overreacts to other townie, AMG spots possible fault by TS, calls him prickly but doesn't go with it anywhere. So he needs to make a followup posts telling us that he thinks it's a mafia trait cause the previous post alone in the room would look bad.
Only when Noobking attacks Tubesock AMG decides to vote for him, and he does it by rehashing/agreeing with what Noobking said.

So AMG was kind of looking for reasons to get onto Tubesock purely for the reason he called him prickly already, and since his own reason didn't get enough pull, he only felt like he had the opportunity to do so when Noobking voted first.

This is summed up what's not right with AMG in my opinion.


You completely overlook the reason I take issue with tubesock which I've gone over two or three times now. His pricklyness catches my eye, as did him having a read that conflicted with mine, so I challenged his read. He refused to discuss anything with me at all, like he didn't give a shit about my alignment and had no drive to find out why I had a different opinion to him.


Except all of this happened not at once but you went from prickly->didn't fight your read->disengaged in your argumentation where you placed your vote at the final one after noobking did.

So I can see you as mafia just building on your previous posts reacting to what you wrote to create a tubesock scumread which was consistent with what you already wrote, especially cause of your decision on when to place the vote (when another one already did)

_____

I am actually open to the idea I'm wrong on either of you atm and after reading a bit of tube (since he talks about himself instead of finding mafia most of the time, but could be cause he's been in the defensive).

And cause I'm always hesitant to lynch possible assets D1 I'm checking if there might be other ones worth lynching over df.

Since you are so hung up on tube though I'd expect you to bring forward something more than what you already have and your read on him hasn't evolved much from that point onwards.


I'm a single parent that works. Activity will not be consistent. And when I return to the thread with a point to make, only to see someone has already said it, I see no need to repeat what I'm saying.

And if you can't follow along with my thought process on why I've stepped away from my tubesock read, and, i was being nice about it up until this point, I'll absolutely spell it out for you: he's playing too stupid for me to expect logical and sensible responses and play from and I've gleaned that from our most recent conversation. Therefore I wont be calling him scum for not living up to the expectations that I have of him, I'm going to call him dumb town and move on to discussing other players.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 07 2018 23:56 GMT
#631
On March 08 2018 08:14 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 08:03 darthfoley wrote:
Meh I thought we got him considering he was lurking at deadline


Yeah...

I'm actually warming up to Vivax's AMG read more.

Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 07:16 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:56 Vivax wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:03 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Follow up by AMG looks better at glance given he sticks his head in many different places and generally gives off a vibe of wanting to do stuff which is a plus for him on D1. Doesn't allow me to exclude him as mafia though.

I don't see what would have required catching up in regards to his initial tubesock read however. It remains a read that is essentially based on Tube being prickly entirely, except that the actual vote happens only when Noobking votes.

His initial impression that Tube is prickly goes from being an observation to an explanation for why it is scummy to a vote for other reasons.

It looks like he reacts to his own posts to keep up a narrative in this case.
I see it like this could have happened:

Townie overreacts to other townie, AMG spots possible fault by TS, calls him prickly but doesn't go with it anywhere. So he needs to make a followup posts telling us that he thinks it's a mafia trait cause the previous post alone in the room would look bad.
Only when Noobking attacks Tubesock AMG decides to vote for him, and he does it by rehashing/agreeing with what Noobking said.

So AMG was kind of looking for reasons to get onto Tubesock purely for the reason he called him prickly already, and since his own reason didn't get enough pull, he only felt like he had the opportunity to do so when Noobking voted first.

This is summed up what's not right with AMG in my opinion.


You completely overlook the reason I take issue with tubesock which I've gone over two or three times now. His pricklyness catches my eye, as did him having a read that conflicted with mine, so I challenged his read. He refused to discuss anything with me at all, like he didn't give a shit about my alignment and had no drive to find out why I had a different opinion to him.


Except all of this happened not at once but you went from prickly->didn't fight your read->disengaged in your argumentation where you placed your vote at the final one after noobking did.

So I can see you as mafia just building on your previous posts reacting to what you wrote to create a tubesock scumread which was consistent with what you already wrote, especially cause of your decision on when to place the vote (when another one already did)

_____

I am actually open to the idea I'm wrong on either of you atm and after reading a bit of tube (since he talks about himself instead of finding mafia most of the time, but could be cause he's been in the defensive).

And cause I'm always hesitant to lynch possible assets D1 I'm checking if there might be other ones worth lynching over df.

Since you are so hung up on tube though I'd expect you to bring forward something more than what you already have and your read on him hasn't evolved much from that point onwards.


I'm a single parent that works. Activity will not be consistent. And when I return to the thread with a point to make, only to see someone has already said it, I see no need to repeat what I'm saying.

And if you can't follow along with my thought process on why I've stepped away from my tubesock read, and, i was being nice about it up until this point, I'll absolutely spell it out for you: he's playing too stupid for me to expect logical and sensible responses and play from and I've gleaned that from our most recent conversation. Therefore I wont be calling him scum for not living up to the expectations that I have of him, I'm going to call him dumb town and move on to discussing other players.


So I was about to say that there is no way this lines up with the 'doesn't feel like scum' reaction to Tube not trying to make reads to save himself. But I think I'd rather ask you to reconcile those two, AMG, if you can.

The thing for me is while I liked some of his posting independently, the scumreads are pretty boring.

"You didn't talk to me when I had a different read" @tube
"You said people when I only am scumreading one person" "you say you'd normally agree with the reasoning for the tube lynch" (and be wrong) "but you take issue with me jumping on it for a different reason" @prp

There's like nothing whatsoever to these scumreads. By contrast, his townreads are fairly well-reasoned.


I'm not quite sure what you're asking me to do here?

I don't know how I can further illustrate my thought process more than what i've already put into the thread without just repeating myself.

I know what it feels like when I've latched onto a scum, tubesock didn't feel like that, he felt like incoherent town.

You're welcome to think my reads are boring, I disagree, I was once upon a time known for making reads that fly in the face of thread sentiment (see tubesock read) and I do not apologize for that.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 00:47 GMT
#638
On March 08 2018 09:29 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 09:20 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 08 2018 09:13 Holyflare wrote:
It is easy and you plebs switched off df.

meh. Then what's your scum team?

Also I don't know if you were around or not but you never actually answered this question:

On March 08 2018 07:30 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 08 2018 07:28 Holyflare wrote:
On March 08 2018 07:25 MoosyDoosy wrote:
holyflare, do you think darthfoley has more of a chance to flip red than tubesock?


I have no idea but I feel quite strongly about df. He hasn't pushed a single god damn thing and hasn't even been the centre of attention like tube to detract from it.

Has Tube done anything townie for you to vote darth over him or are both tube and darth scummy for you atm with darth just being more scummy

When the vote went down did you think Tube was bad town like AMG or did you still think he was scum?


A team is hard and I don't particularly care about naming one but people that look far worse after tubesock lynch are amg/noob(big one)/prplhz.

When Tubesock posted like halfway through the cycle a bunch of walls of texts that I glossed over and pretty much said "this says nothing and it's not towny looking" but amg insta switched and it came off as really odd timing back then. If amg is mafia it could have potentially been an "oh the guy is posting responses to me I have to look like I'm re-evaluating."


I feel like had Tubesock flipped mafia, I'd be getting painted as his teammate that was light bussing and the wagon took off. Ergo, no matter what he flipped i'm scum?

I find it depressing that no one seems to want to acknowledge the possibly that my read was just better than most of yours.


I'm going to walk away for a bit, clear my head, and come back to this.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 01:02 GMT
#640
I like you. We'll talk later.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 10:04 GMT
#698
On March 08 2018 18:07 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 08:56 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 08:14 rsoultin wrote:
On March 08 2018 08:03 darthfoley wrote:
Meh I thought we got him considering he was lurking at deadline


Yeah...

I'm actually warming up to Vivax's AMG read more.

On March 08 2018 07:16 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:56 Vivax wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:03 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Follow up by AMG looks better at glance given he sticks his head in many different places and generally gives off a vibe of wanting to do stuff which is a plus for him on D1. Doesn't allow me to exclude him as mafia though.

I don't see what would have required catching up in regards to his initial tubesock read however. It remains a read that is essentially based on Tube being prickly entirely, except that the actual vote happens only when Noobking votes.

His initial impression that Tube is prickly goes from being an observation to an explanation for why it is scummy to a vote for other reasons.

It looks like he reacts to his own posts to keep up a narrative in this case.
I see it like this could have happened:

Townie overreacts to other townie, AMG spots possible fault by TS, calls him prickly but doesn't go with it anywhere. So he needs to make a followup posts telling us that he thinks it's a mafia trait cause the previous post alone in the room would look bad.
Only when Noobking attacks Tubesock AMG decides to vote for him, and he does it by rehashing/agreeing with what Noobking said.

So AMG was kind of looking for reasons to get onto Tubesock purely for the reason he called him prickly already, and since his own reason didn't get enough pull, he only felt like he had the opportunity to do so when Noobking voted first.

This is summed up what's not right with AMG in my opinion.


You completely overlook the reason I take issue with tubesock which I've gone over two or three times now. His pricklyness catches my eye, as did him having a read that conflicted with mine, so I challenged his read. He refused to discuss anything with me at all, like he didn't give a shit about my alignment and had no drive to find out why I had a different opinion to him.


Except all of this happened not at once but you went from prickly->didn't fight your read->disengaged in your argumentation where you placed your vote at the final one after noobking did.

So I can see you as mafia just building on your previous posts reacting to what you wrote to create a tubesock scumread which was consistent with what you already wrote, especially cause of your decision on when to place the vote (when another one already did)

_____

I am actually open to the idea I'm wrong on either of you atm and after reading a bit of tube (since he talks about himself instead of finding mafia most of the time, but could be cause he's been in the defensive).

And cause I'm always hesitant to lynch possible assets D1 I'm checking if there might be other ones worth lynching over df.

Since you are so hung up on tube though I'd expect you to bring forward something more than what you already have and your read on him hasn't evolved much from that point onwards.


I'm a single parent that works. Activity will not be consistent. And when I return to the thread with a point to make, only to see someone has already said it, I see no need to repeat what I'm saying.

And if you can't follow along with my thought process on why I've stepped away from my tubesock read, and, i was being nice about it up until this point, I'll absolutely spell it out for you: he's playing too stupid for me to expect logical and sensible responses and play from and I've gleaned that from our most recent conversation. Therefore I wont be calling him scum for not living up to the expectations that I have of him, I'm going to call him dumb town and move on to discussing other players.


So I was about to say that there is no way this lines up with the 'doesn't feel like scum' reaction to Tube not trying to make reads to save himself. But I think I'd rather ask you to reconcile those two, AMG, if you can.

The thing for me is while I liked some of his posting independently, the scumreads are pretty boring.

"You didn't talk to me when I had a different read" @tube
"You said people when I only am scumreading one person" "you say you'd normally agree with the reasoning for the tube lynch" (and be wrong) "but you take issue with me jumping on it for a different reason" @prp

There's like nothing whatsoever to these scumreads. By contrast, his townreads are fairly well-reasoned.


I'm not quite sure what you're asking me to do here?

I don't know how I can further illustrate my thought process more than what i've already put into the thread without just repeating myself.

I know what it feels like when I've latched onto a scum, tubesock didn't feel like that, he felt like incoherent town.

You're welcome to think my reads are boring, I disagree, I was once upon a time known for making reads that fly in the face of thread sentiment (see tubesock read) and I do not apologize for that.


I'm asking you how you can reconcile:
1) Tube is town because he's not coming back with a scumread (i.e. not trying to save himself a la vivax)

and

2) Tube is town because nothing he says makes sense and I can't hold him to that standard.

You gave two separate narratives for your townread that do not appear to go together to me. Maybe I'm just a dunce and there's a connection I'm not seeing, but it almost seems like you forgot your reason.



Why do I only get to have one reason to town read someone?

Tube came back, did not do what I was expecting a scum Tube to do, and then continued to talk the same brand of nonsense he was before he disappeared. I got fed up with trying to have an actual conversation with him and realised that this isn't something you can fake as scum, ergo town and I was done speaking with him.


Now lets discuss how I scum hunt since you haven't seen the pattern. I see something off. I ping them with a (occasionally obnoxious) statement. They answer, that either satisfies me and I keep walking or I dig until I get a reaction i'm satisfied with. I was unable to finish that with prplhz since he never bloody came back. My reads are much more accurate through direct interaction, as opposed to observation, where I am notoriously shit (see the last 2-3 obs threads).






AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 10:09 GMT
#699
On March 08 2018 18:37 Holyflare wrote:
Then you'll never see it. Go to someone else instead. I don't need to convince if I just heal him and see


Heal and see will only work here if hes town.. you know that right?

Heal and see is a free kill for mafia because they're chucking their medic on here if hes town.

So you best be trying to convince the town medics to join you if he is in fact scum, because that's the only way you're killing him tonight is with at least one town medic being convinced.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 10:33 GMT
#703
Holy, what do you make of Vivax?
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 11:29 GMT
#707
On March 08 2018 19:47 Holyflare wrote:
I like him. Annoyed he didn't vote df but haven't been able to check why he switched yet.


He went after n00bking who voted for an AFK slot.
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 08 2018 11:38 GMT
#709
On March 08 2018 19:57 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 19:04 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 18:07 rsoultin wrote:
On March 08 2018 08:56 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 08:14 rsoultin wrote:
On March 08 2018 08:03 darthfoley wrote:
Meh I thought we got him considering he was lurking at deadline


Yeah...

I'm actually warming up to Vivax's AMG read more.

On March 08 2018 07:16 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:56 Vivax wrote:
On March 08 2018 06:03 AMG wrote:
On March 08 2018 00:08 Vivax wrote:
Follow up by AMG looks better at glance given he sticks his head in many different places and generally gives off a vibe of wanting to do stuff which is a plus for him on D1. Doesn't allow me to exclude him as mafia though.

I don't see what would have required catching up in regards to his initial tubesock read however. It remains a read that is essentially based on Tube being prickly entirely, except that the actual vote happens only when Noobking votes.

His initial impression that Tube is prickly goes from being an observation to an explanation for why it is scummy to a vote for other reasons.

It looks like he reacts to his own posts to keep up a narrative in this case.
I see it like this could have happened:

Townie overreacts to other townie, AMG spots possible fault by TS, calls him prickly but doesn't go with it anywhere. So he needs to make a followup posts telling us that he thinks it's a mafia trait cause the previous post alone in the room would look bad.
Only when Noobking attacks Tubesock AMG decides to vote for him, and he does it by rehashing/agreeing with what Noobking said.

So AMG was kind of looking for reasons to get onto Tubesock purely for the reason he called him prickly already, and since his own reason didn't get enough pull, he only felt like he had the opportunity to do so when Noobking voted first.

This is summed up what's not right with AMG in my opinion.


You completely overlook the reason I take issue with tubesock which I've gone over two or three times now. His pricklyness catches my eye, as did him having a read that conflicted with mine, so I challenged his read. He refused to discuss anything with me at all, like he didn't give a shit about my alignment and had no drive to find out why I had a different opinion to him.


Except all of this happened not at once but you went from prickly->didn't fight your read->disengaged in your argumentation where you placed your vote at the final one after noobking did.

So I can see you as mafia just building on your previous posts reacting to what you wrote to create a tubesock scumread which was consistent with what you already wrote, especially cause of your decision on when to place the vote (when another one already did)

_____

I am actually open to the idea I'm wrong on either of you atm and after reading a bit of tube (since he talks about himself instead of finding mafia most of the time, but could be cause he's been in the defensive).

And cause I'm always hesitant to lynch possible assets D1 I'm checking if there might be other ones worth lynching over df.

Since you are so hung up on tube though I'd expect you to bring forward something more than what you already have and your read on him hasn't evolved much from that point onwards.


I'm a single parent that works. Activity will not be consistent. And when I return to the thread with a point to make, only to see someone has already said it, I see no need to repeat what I'm saying.

And if you can't follow along with my thought process on why I've stepped away from my tubesock read, and, i was being nice about it up until this point, I'll absolutely spell it out for you: he's playing too stupid for me to expect logical and sensible responses and play from and I've gleaned that from our most recent conversation. Therefore I wont be calling him scum for not living up to the expectations that I have of him, I'm going to call him dumb town and move on to discussing other players.


So I was about to say that there is no way this lines up with the 'doesn't feel like scum' reaction to Tube not trying to make reads to save himself. But I think I'd rather ask you to reconcile those two, AMG, if you can.

The thing for me is while I liked some of his posting independently, the scumreads are pretty boring.

"You didn't talk to me when I had a different read" @tube
"You said people when I only am scumreading one person" "you say you'd normally agree with the reasoning for the tube lynch" (and be wrong) "but you take issue with me jumping on it for a different reason" @prp

There's like nothing whatsoever to these scumreads. By contrast, his townreads are fairly well-reasoned.


I'm not quite sure what you're asking me to do here?

I don't know how I can further illustrate my thought process more than what i've already put into the thread without just repeating myself.

I know what it feels like when I've latched onto a scum, tubesock didn't feel like that, he felt like incoherent town.

You're welcome to think my reads are boring, I disagree, I was once upon a time known for making reads that fly in the face of thread sentiment (see tubesock read) and I do not apologize for that.


I'm asking you how you can reconcile:
1) Tube is town because he's not coming back with a scumread (i.e. not trying to save himself a la vivax)

and

2) Tube is town because nothing he says makes sense and I can't hold him to that standard.

You gave two separate narratives for your townread that do not appear to go together to me. Maybe I'm just a dunce and there's a connection I'm not seeing, but it almost seems like you forgot your reason.



Why do I only get to have one reason to town read someone?

Tube came back, did not do what I was expecting a scum Tube to do, and then continued to talk the same brand of nonsense he was before he disappeared. I got fed up with trying to have an actual conversation with him and realised that this isn't something you can fake as scum, ergo town and I was done speaking with him.


Now lets discuss how I scum hunt since you haven't seen the pattern. I see something off. I ping them with a (occasionally obnoxious) statement. They answer, that either satisfies me and I keep walking or I dig until I get a reaction i'm satisfied with. I was unable to finish that with prplhz since he never bloody came back. My reads are much more accurate through direct interaction, as opposed to observation, where I am notoriously shit (see the last 2-3 obs threads).







Sure, but usually I don't expect two different answers to the same question like the first no longer exists.

Perhaps. Could you explain your prp read to me like I'm two? Particularly your issue with his scumreading you while liking others' reasoning on your scumread.



On March 07 2018 12:36 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 12:20 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On March 07 2018 12:06 Tubesock wrote:
I asked AMG for clarification about his "Mafia are chucking an AFK townie under the bus there" to see if it was a scum read on Fecalfeast or Rsoultin since they are the only ones pushing the Vivax lynch. Turns out he was just speaking generally so it's not a breadcrumb read. LOL I wasn't grasping at straws to scum AMG.

Moosy, do you have any scum reads outside of me? Like I'm pretty sure I'm an easy scumread since the majority of the thread scums me....

Also, I didn't think you were grasping at straws to scum AMG, I'm thinking you're grasping at straws to scum Fecal or anyone you can to get in with alignment with AMG who's thrown you the first life rope.


Well, that's not happening. In case its not painfully obvious, the other person that's caught my interest today is prplhz. His attack on me was shit and I want to hear more out of him before I make my mind up for today.

Frankly, Tubesock just doesn't seem to be operating on a coherent wavelength to me. At all.


On March 07 2018 13:16 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


The more I read this post, the less I like it.

You think the Tubesock push is something you'd normally like, but then be wrong about... so you agree with the logic? And then I'm making excuses to be on that wagon, the one you would normally like?

If you'd normally like this kind of push, but you're opting out, what gives. Why are you going against your better judgement in this one?


Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
OSC
9h 42m
Replay Cast
9h 42m
OSC
22h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.