• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:01
CEST 08:01
KST 15:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8996 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 11:38 GMT
#892
On January 24 2018 20:32 Holyflare wrote:
Oh derp maybe I should have read op. Rbs are notified even if player is vanilla. There is also no jk possible.


Specifically by my earlier post I thought btdt was claiming blue since there'd be no other way to know you were rbd unless your power was getting shit on. But they're notified so it's whatever now.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 11:39 GMT
#893
Also don't particularly want to lynch jat but kmatt seems like a better alternative after Damerion.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 13:19 GMT
#904
On January 24 2018 21:46 Rels wrote:
that explains the weird posts earlier. But I find them passive. Talking about:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2018 17:44 Holyflare wrote:
On January 24 2018 17:11 justanothertownie wrote:
This is really nice. If people in this game can't read me they just have to take a look at the posts of Twat in the early game. Insanely towny. Even more suspicious how HF instantly puts this slot in his 2 player scum pile at the start of the dayphase.


Is it suspicious at all though?

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2018 17:46 Holyflare wrote:
On January 24 2018 16:44 justanothertownie wrote:
Right now I don't really think we should give damerion the luxury of outing a protective role with his fakeclaim depending on how improbable cop+vig already is.


You think there's a protective role that healed afk btdt 2 nights in a row?

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2018 17:47 Holyflare wrote:
Nevermind that healers are almost always nerfed?

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2018 17:48 Holyflare wrote:
I would still believe btdt over Damerion though after d1 vote count.

Like, you just learned that BTDT AND Damerion both claimed blue. This is huge info, one of them is scum! Damerion, who you thought during the night was cop, got counterclaimed! But instead of raging reactions, we got this. It seems very underwhelming for such a realization.


I thought everyone already realised and jat was just a moron. Turns out it was me all along!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 13:20 GMT
#906
Reading OPs is for chumps and mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 16:24 GMT
#938
On January 25 2018 01:10 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2018 06:09 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 06:06 Holyflare wrote:
On January 20 2018 05:39 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 05:24 Holyflare wrote:
This
Is
Not
Town
Damdred


No problem with lynching btdt or damdred. Now you're making noise. Didn't you dislike df before?


No I also dislike df but I won't lie and say that I've read anything he's said. Have no problem lynching him but I'm very very sure on damdred. No way he keeps both of these mafia reads for the whole game.


So why are you more fine with btdt than df? You didn't seem to be concerned at all about the btdt counterwagon and now you're yelling.

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2018 06:33 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 06:30 Holyflare wrote:
Hey your accusation is changing. Better get that in check. I had a bit of free time at work previously to skim and see a btdt post where he fucked off said lol mafia and went about working again. Now I'm home with more free time and am posting more.

What you're seemingly saying is that I'm doing mafia things deflecting off df when he's going up for lynch even though I'm saying I don't care if he dies. Even though I've stuck to my same scum reads and have pushed the same things.

Maybe I should be less active instead then?


No, I mean you claiming that your difference in behavior to two different counterwagons is related to work is unverifiable. Could you perhaps have only time to read one post and that explains your reaction? Sure. Could it be you are scum and we're now pushing scum so suddenly it's more important to push the counterwagon, i.e. damdred? Sure. There is no way for me to know which of the two it is.

It looks suspicious if darth foley flips scum because of that. No more, no less.

Feel free to be as active as you like. I'm done with you for now.

^^^^
Interesting observation considering the damdred/darthfoley flips.
The question is: is this coincidence and does HF just have a really bad towngame or is he simply mafia?


The town one.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 16:29 GMT
#942
On January 25 2018 01:14 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 01:10 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 20 2018 06:09 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 06:06 Holyflare wrote:
On January 20 2018 05:39 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 05:24 Holyflare wrote:
This
Is
Not
Town
Damdred


No problem with lynching btdt or damdred. Now you're making noise. Didn't you dislike df before?


No I also dislike df but I won't lie and say that I've read anything he's said. Have no problem lynching him but I'm very very sure on damdred. No way he keeps both of these mafia reads for the whole game.


So why are you more fine with btdt than df? You didn't seem to be concerned at all about the btdt counterwagon and now you're yelling.

On January 20 2018 06:33 rsoultin wrote:
On January 20 2018 06:30 Holyflare wrote:
Hey your accusation is changing. Better get that in check. I had a bit of free time at work previously to skim and see a btdt post where he fucked off said lol mafia and went about working again. Now I'm home with more free time and am posting more.

What you're seemingly saying is that I'm doing mafia things deflecting off df when he's going up for lynch even though I'm saying I don't care if he dies. Even though I've stuck to my same scum reads and have pushed the same things.

Maybe I should be less active instead then?


No, I mean you claiming that your difference in behavior to two different counterwagons is related to work is unverifiable. Could you perhaps have only time to read one post and that explains your reaction? Sure. Could it be you are scum and we're now pushing scum so suddenly it's more important to push the counterwagon, i.e. damdred? Sure. There is no way for me to know which of the two it is.

It looks suspicious if darth foley flips scum because of that. No more, no less.

Feel free to be as active as you like. I'm done with you for now.

^^^^
Interesting observation considering the damdred/darthfoley flips.
The question is: is this coincidence and does HF just have a really bad towngame or is he simply mafia?

I changed my mind a few times regarding this question. But HF total lack of interest when he thought we had a claim / counterclaim situation + him believing Damerion instantly make me think he's scum and just faking this apathy. Cause it's the only thing me and rsoul townread him for.


What was the correct reaction? You have to see it from my perspective tbh. I spend the game looking at Damerion giving him the massive benefit of the doubt and crumbing cop all night so I'm excited that I was actually right. Then btdt claims rb on my way into work and I'm deflated af because I think it's a cc and my ego takes another hit at being wrong so I just auto vote Damerion and go to work (which is super busy) and don't care much more than that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 16:30 GMT
#943
On January 25 2018 01:28 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 01:26 Rels wrote:
On January 25 2018 01:18 justanothertownie wrote:
Well, he is really blatantly pushing mafia agenda eod1. No shame whatsoever. But HF is the guy to do this. What exactly was the reason to townread him? Because in the lead up to the lynch where it was a race between a town and a mafia there is absolutely no apathy to be found.

continue to read. And maybe apathy is the wrong choice of words, but it's the fact that his reads are static and haven't changed at all since the beginning of the game. I would expect scum!HF's game to be stronger than this. But now I think HF know this and is abusing it to appear "too scummy to be scum" compared to the expectation of his scum play.

If he was town, him accepting Damerion's claim at face value is absolutely dumb. It's not only static reads anymore.

Yes, how is a town HF just accepting that claim without a doubt. I do not see it.


Because in a race between town damdred, mafia dathfoley and questionable alignment btdt in which any single one of them could be lynched mafia darthfoley switched to btdt instead of damdred. Compare that to someone under the hammer claiming cop with 2 greens then yeah, not really a contest.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 17:04 GMT
#954
On January 25 2018 01:32 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 01:30 Holyflare wrote:
On January 25 2018 01:28 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 25 2018 01:26 Rels wrote:
On January 25 2018 01:18 justanothertownie wrote:
Well, he is really blatantly pushing mafia agenda eod1. No shame whatsoever. But HF is the guy to do this. What exactly was the reason to townread him? Because in the lead up to the lynch where it was a race between a town and a mafia there is absolutely no apathy to be found.

continue to read. And maybe apathy is the wrong choice of words, but it's the fact that his reads are static and haven't changed at all since the beginning of the game. I would expect scum!HF's game to be stronger than this. But now I think HF know this and is abusing it to appear "too scummy to be scum" compared to the expectation of his scum play.

If he was town, him accepting Damerion's claim at face value is absolutely dumb. It's not only static reads anymore.

Yes, how is a town HF just accepting that claim without a doubt. I do not see it.


Because in a race between town damdred, mafia dathfoley and questionable alignment btdt in which any single one of them could be lynched mafia darthfoley switched to btdt instead of damdred. Compare that to someone under the hammer claiming cop with 2 greens then yeah, not really a contest.

There was a time where only damerion had claimed and you believed him. That's what I am talking about.


Didn't think vig cop was that unbalanced tbh. Still don't.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 18:16 GMT
#956
On January 25 2018 02:36 Kmatt wrote:
I don't like lynching Damerion here without a counterclaim. It may not have been the best plan to spill the beans at the moment, but lynching him wins us no information at this point, and is unlikely to flip red (unless there's a counterclaim. Doc, if you're out there, now would be a good time). Even if he gets suppressed the rest of the game, he still votes with the town and/or eats a nightkill. As it stands BTDT or maybe HF are the better lynches.


You don't have to save your godfather lol.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 18:34 GMT
#957
Couple of things about Damerion:

I don't really have any idea of his mafia reads and why. This is a big flaw in his play.

I don't believe he'd ever check btdt night 2 when btdt was voted by df in the way he was.

I think he is the gf because he didn't think about whether or not any of his green checks were gf.

Kmatt blatant partner.

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 19:09 GMT
#959
Why does there have to be another blue? There's lots of newbie games with just one role. Also if there was a doctor then why would they claim when Damerion is already being lynched? Furthermore they would die tonight and it would be a waste.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 20:15 GMT
#967
On January 25 2018 04:41 mderg wrote:
Maybe Damerion's reads change things, you never know.


Yes, his reads. What were those again?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 22:21 GMT
#971
On January 25 2018 06:08 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 05:15 Holyflare wrote:
On January 25 2018 04:41 mderg wrote:
Maybe Damerion's reads change things, you never know.


Yes, his reads. What were those again?

Talking about this

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 24 2018 23:18 Damerion wrote:
I have to do my errands but i'll be back in a couple hours to hopefully talk about reads instead of reasoning behind my claim.




It was very much rhetorical.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 22:53 GMT
#974
No, I actually wanted him to be shot.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 22:54 GMT
#975
And to actually appear towny "for not shooting him" in a lazy roundabout town way.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 22:55 GMT
#976
I also got a bit giddy that I may have been correct on his alignment.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 23:04 GMT
#978
On January 25 2018 07:59 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 07:53 Holyflare wrote:
No, I actually wanted him to be shot.

since the most likely outcome in that scenario was him being roleblocked, that makes no sense.


Maybe you should think a bit deeper than your current thinking and get behind the actual plan.

If he's town and gets rbd and rsolutin dies:

We know there is no medic and he is almost definitely town cop because they killed the only person in the game that looked really towny without hesitation.

We confirm there's a rber in the game.

If he's mafia and gets "rbd":

They can't use their rb on another power role because it notifies and medic gets to save.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 23:05 GMT
#980
But apparently my plan was to know that my partner Damerion was fake claiming cop and then use that rb on btdt still so that he could just claim rb anyway :D

and then use that rb claim to think btdt was claiming a role and lynching my partner anyway :D :D :D :D :D
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 23:06 GMT
#982
On January 25 2018 08:05 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
On January 25 2018 07:59 Rels wrote:
On January 25 2018 07:53 Holyflare wrote:
No, I actually wanted him to be shot.

since the most likely outcome in that scenario was him being roleblocked, that makes no sense.


Maybe you should think a bit deeper than your current thinking and get behind the actual plan.

If he's town and gets rbd and rsolutin dies:

We know there is no medic and he is almost definitely town cop because they killed the only person in the game that looked really towny without hesitation.

We confirm there's a rber in the game.

If he's mafia and gets "rbd":

They can't use their rb on another power role because it notifies and medic gets to save.

I can't believe you're arguing you softing the cop resulting in the cop being roleblocked is a good thing.


It is unequivocally a good thing.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 24 2018 23:07 GMT
#984
stop posting shitty conclusions and I'll stop entering pointless debate mode
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 139
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3970
Sharp 428
Mong 83
Dewaltoss 76
sorry 17
Noble 10
Icarus 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King179
Other Games
summit1g8362
WinterStarcraft603
C9.Mang0281
Sick157
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 26
• StrangeGG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Lourlo1070
• Stunt360
Other Games
• Shiphtur603
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 59m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.