• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:26
CEST 11:26
KST 18:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8895 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:44 GMT
#649
It was weak because df didn't go ham on voting mocsta he switched.

I would also lynch damdred all over again for his reaction and the fact that his biggest scum read on df had half a sentence dedicated to lynching him.

I'm not a player that goes off feels I go on hard evidence about what people have done and what they are pushing. Damdred looks like survival.

I would absolutely town read myself because I wouldn't put myself into a position to look bad from a flip.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:48 GMT
#650
Despite my want to lynch Mocsta, he's posting and I have a chance to be wrong (even with his repeated bs posts in between mine and the fact I don't think I'm wrong) I still want to lynch prplhz first. His vote is by far the most mafia indicative.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:50 GMT
#651
Also I don't expect you to understand why I put so much weight behind Damerion but I truly haven't seen him be wrong on a mafia lynch yet and he seemed certain so I put a lot of weight into him. Seemed really hail mary if he's mafia to look awful after a damdred flip. Didn't seem necessary at all.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 13:07 GMT
#654
Where has he been wrong about a lynch he's pushed?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 13:21 GMT
#656
That thing you've highlighted literally says it has nothing to do with his alignment and isn't what I'm talking about at all.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 07:40 GMT
#670
You've "just found" that? Isn't that the same reason like 3 other people have already said?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 07:44 GMT
#671
I mean you literally asked why I thought he was town and I explained the same thing lol?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 09:29 GMT
#676
On January 22 2018 17:11 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 20:55 Holyflare wrote:
[...]Also don't care about lynching into prplhz/Damerion anymore. Thought prplhz donating his vote to you was towny but he didn't vote with you so definitely lynch. Damerion has no follow up. Nothing to give. Would rather lynch prplhz though over him until he posts.
How is this remotely close to what I posted above. Seriously...


Mocsta: prplhz said he'd vote with rsoultin without reading but didn't want to vote for df without reading.

Hf: I want to vote prplhz. Initially I thought it was towny to give a vote to rsoultin because she looked towny but then he didn't vote mafia df going against what he said. Definitely vote.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 20:01 GMT
#686
I still don't understand the thought process between "I am mafia and damdred is town so here's this theoretical meta I have been sitting on that I'll use after 4 posts from damdred that he can instantly disprove by playing" but maybe that's just me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 20:04 GMT
#687
On January 19 2018 08:34 prplhz wrote:
I have very little time who are you voting for rsoultin?

On January 20 2018 06:03 Conversion wrote:
Day One Vote Count

Damdred (4): Damerion, Holyflare, TheTwatyEvildoer, Rels, Mocsta
beentheredonethat (3): rsoultin, KelsierSC, mderg, Rels, darthfoley
Holyflare (0): mderg, Mocsta, rsoultin
prplhz (0): Mocsta
darthfoley (3): Damdred, KelsierSC, rsoultin

Not Voting (3): Kmatt, beentheredonethat, prplhz

Damdred is currently set to be lynched. The deadline is Friday, Jan 19 11:59pm GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in .

On January 20 2018 08:11 prplhz wrote:
##Vote been there done that



On January 20 2018 08:10 prplhz wrote:
I will vote beentheredonethat. He's a veteran but I haven't played with him and he's got some votes. Would vote with rsoultin but she's voting darthfoley and I'm not lynching him D1 before reading the thread. I'll be more active, promise. Also Mocsta is scum for voting me.

##Vote beentheredonethat


You shouldn't vote Damerion over this crap.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 21:29 GMT
#689
His complete lack of seeming availability? I'm not saying he's not mafia I'm just saying prplhz is definitely mafia whereas Damerion has a sliver of hope. So I'd rather get the definitive mafia out of the way.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 22 2018 21:47 GMT
#691
I'll lynch Damerion tomorrow after we get rid of the mafia vig today ok?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 09:16 GMT
#701
I feel like I'm mafia this game.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 11:19 GMT
#708
You realise it's mocsta all along right? He's had to have a hipster reason to jump on all these generic town lynches each time which proves he hasn't read anything.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 11:56 GMT
#725
On January 23 2018 20:44 rsoultin wrote:
The facts don't make holyflare look town @.@


What did you just tell me about looking at facts? I would 110% be pushing this game in a different direction more gung ho if I was mafia.

Rsoultin case is pretty fuckn good. I wish I had read it before the deadline.


It's just a summarisation of what she's been repeating since day 1.....
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 11:58 GMT
#729
For your exact post?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 12:45 GMT
#746
On January 23 2018 21:03 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2018 20:56 Holyflare wrote:
On January 23 2018 20:44 rsoultin wrote:
The facts don't make holyflare look town @.@


What did you just tell me about looking at facts? I would 110% be pushing this game in a different direction more gung ho if I was mafia.

Rsoultin case is pretty fuckn good. I wish I had read it before the deadline.


It's just a summarisation of what she's been repeating since day 1.....


Dude, chill. I'm stating reality. I've said, multiple times since night 1, that I'm tonereading you town despite your scumsiding play.

And, by the way, did you look at the spoilers? Yes, I repeated what I said based on feels from reading those filters, but I took quite a lot of time to confirm that those feels actually reflected reality. And presented the evidence for you. Meanwhile you say the evidence was stacked against Damdred and you rely on evidence.

Unless you have a reason other than "I don't think scum hard pushes a town lynch there" which they do, and you do as scum, so hello bullshit meter, there's your evidence. And I don't want to hear any more degrading my case. It's good. I could be wrong, but it's solid. It doesn't look like his town game because he wasn't as engaged when he was active in the thread, and there is no way his meta test on Damdred's play could have possibly given him such a strong read on Damdred so early. He's either an idiot with meta (possible, but unlikely given his former town play) or he has to know that was bullshit, i.e. scum.


Calm down dude, I'm saying that you summarised what you've said and it's not new so Mocsta suddenly having an epiphany just reconfirms what I'm saying about him not paying attention.

Nothing to do with your case at all.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 12:46 GMT
#748
On January 23 2018 21:09 rsoultin wrote:
It really irritates me that I can treat you respectfully while disagreeing about mocsta, and actually give your read enough credence to check literally every time you bring up a new point to see if I'm maybe wrong. And hell, maybe I am.

But you don't give me the courtesy of
1) Fully reading something I've worked quite some time on, and
2) Shit on it.

I don't care if you disagree. That's fine. (Well, I do a little, but that has more to do with wanting to persuade people.) Downplaying it pisses me off.



??????
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 13:01 GMT
#751
On January 23 2018 21:52 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2018 21:46 Holyflare wrote:
On January 23 2018 21:09 rsoultin wrote:
It really irritates me that I can treat you respectfully while disagreeing about mocsta, and actually give your read enough credence to check literally every time you bring up a new point to see if I'm maybe wrong. And hell, maybe I am.

But you don't give me the courtesy of
1) Fully reading something I've worked quite some time on, and
2) Shit on it.

I don't care if you disagree. That's fine. (Well, I do a little, but that has more to do with wanting to persuade people.) Downplaying it pisses me off.



??????


Nevermind. I think I'm just oversensitive.

Did you read my spoilers? It's in pretty colors to make it easy to compare. I legitimately would like to know why you don't find the case convincing, if it's more than what I mentioned just a moment ago.

@Rels...maybe. I really am not sure on things like that. The way I play scum, my issue tends to be ignoring my teammates because I don't know what to do with them. But I recognize others may play differently.


It's different absolutely from his other games but it's just my points that I'm hesitant over. Knowing mafia so well it's counter intuitive to me to raise a meta point that's going to backfire and be wrong or get disproven.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 23 2018 13:49 GMT
#764
On January 23 2018 22:11 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2018 22:01 Holyflare wrote:
On January 23 2018 21:52 rsoultin wrote:
On January 23 2018 21:46 Holyflare wrote:
On January 23 2018 21:09 rsoultin wrote:
It really irritates me that I can treat you respectfully while disagreeing about mocsta, and actually give your read enough credence to check literally every time you bring up a new point to see if I'm maybe wrong. And hell, maybe I am.

But you don't give me the courtesy of
1) Fully reading something I've worked quite some time on, and
2) Shit on it.

I don't care if you disagree. That's fine. (Well, I do a little, but that has more to do with wanting to persuade people.) Downplaying it pisses me off.



??????


Nevermind. I think I'm just oversensitive.

Did you read my spoilers? It's in pretty colors to make it easy to compare. I legitimately would like to know why you don't find the case convincing, if it's more than what I mentioned just a moment ago.

@Rels...maybe. I really am not sure on things like that. The way I play scum, my issue tends to be ignoring my teammates because I don't know what to do with them. But I recognize others may play differently.


It's different absolutely from his other games but it's just my points that I'm hesitant over. Knowing mafia so well it's counter intuitive to me to raise a meta point that's going to backfire and be wrong or get disproven.


The meta point wasn't wrong, technically. At least from the two games we have here on TL that they were both in, which is admittedly a very small pool. It was just entirely misused.

It's like...I got lynched Day One on some site rayn invited me to with cake where they both rolled mafia. This happened because rayn said that I'd recently called out a whole mafia team before a single flip (true, but that was Himalayas and easily the best town game I've ever played, nor was my Day One play amazing) and thus I must be scum for being underwhelming. He used something true entirely inappropriately to get his lynch.

At least some of the meta that Damerion used was true. For instance, his assertion that Damdred usually townhunts Day One (this is part of how I know Damdred to play, too). But it was unnuanced. He didn't wait long enough to test his newly-developed meta read against Damdred's play. He certainly didn't wait long enough to test Damdred's usage of 'like'. This is fine if his approach had been:

I'm seeing some things that don't look like Damdred's town game, and he hasn't said a word I expect him to say yet. Could be scum.

^ That makes sense to me with new meta you're testing that early in the game. The certainty behind the case doesn't. I'm saying that he used a scalpel he'd never tested like a bludgeon. And given his success in previous games, I'm not inclined to write it off as newbie eagerness. He's obviously not knew to mafia, just TL Mafia. Which makes sense; Damdred brought me here from another site where we played mafia together as well.


I can get behind that.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 211
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13442
Hyuk 470
Soma 178
Stork 177
actioN 127
Rush 125
EffOrt 86
Mong 78
Bisu 75
Shinee 69
[ Show more ]
Killer 58
NotJumperer 56
Yoon 51
ToSsGirL 48
Bale 47
Shine 43
Noble 30
Sharp 30
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 9
sorry 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2042
League of Legends
JimRising 429
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1219
shoxiejesuss747
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King151
Other Games
gofns26821
summit1g7726
singsing1192
ceh9511
crisheroes148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
BasetradeTV146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• StrangeGG 14
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV169
• lizZardDota2157
League of Legends
• Stunt395
Other Games
• Shiphtur711
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
34m
INu's Battles
1h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 34m
OSC
12h 49m
Replay Cast
13h 34m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.