• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8569 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 15:05 GMT
#1181
I made a case on him and you said I'm mafia instead and he's left the thread after now just calling me weird and there's not much else to do.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 15:09 GMT
#1185
Hard pass. I'm not old hf. Only reason I can post today is because work is slacking but even then I can't do that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 15:18 GMT
#1190
On January 27 2018 00:14 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 00:03 Holyflare wrote:
Ok, let's hypothetically say I'm not mafia. Who is mafia now then? Low hanging fruit analogy is bull shit when it's not btdt who already looked fine, it's not likely twat/jat because they looked fine at the beginning of the game (yes, I said they might be mafia this cycle but ignore that) it's probably not rels. So that leaves mocsta, who was my scum read or kmatt who has become my scum read.

I looked into kmatt, I found a lot of inconsistencies and points that were strange and made a case. His filter is really small and full of just posting for literally the sake of posting pretty much +1ing or being contradictory to a main wagon. He has no scum reads, he scum read a town read and that's about it.

I don't like this type of question 'cause if I'm sure you're scum, it's also because I have reasons to townread everyone else. If you're not scum, the obvious answer is Kmatt, but more by default and 'cause I have stronger reasons to townread anyone else than him. But he looks more like low-activity town than scum.


What are your reasons to town read mderg, mocsta and kmatt?

I feel like you're lying and you don't have reasons to town read some of them but you're so far gone you don't see another conclusion.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 15:18 GMT
#1191
On January 27 2018 00:14 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 00:09 Holyflare wrote:
Hard pass. I'm not old hf. Only reason I can post today is because work is slacking but even then I can't do that.

Next day is during weekend.


I'm not here on weekends, you crazy?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 15:19 GMT
#1192
I might be. I'll try to be but don't count on it.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 16:25 GMT
#1197
I would without a doubt direct the team to rb whoever we kill and then get my team to claim rb when they need to. If I didn't read the op. If I read the op I would rb who we kill and then get my team to claim rb.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 16:39 GMT
#1219
On January 27 2018 01:27 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 04:34 Kmatt wrote:
Personally an uncontested cop claim warrants reconsideration, but I seem to be alone in that regard.


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 02:36 Kmatt wrote:
I don't like lynching Damerion here without a counterclaim. It may not have been the best plan to spill the beans at the moment, but lynching him wins us no information at this point, and is unlikely to flip red (unless there's a counterclaim. Doc, if you're out there, now would be a good time). Even if he gets suppressed the rest of the game, he still votes with the town and/or eats a nightkill. As it stands BTDT or maybe HF are the better lynches.


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 03:45 Kmatt wrote:
lmao no. If I see a counterclaim of any other blue I would hang him on the spot. The fact that no townie is taking an easy 1-for-1 tells me that he wasn't bullshitting.


uh oh


He's you 6 games ago.

But mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 16:42 GMT
#1221
On January 27 2018 01:40 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 01:20 beentheredonethat wrote:
the thing is that if Rels is so tunneled on someone, it always ends up a guy being town and then Rels flips town when he gets lynched in lylo for whatever weird reason. So we're gonna lose this game because of this nightkill, a holyflare mislynch into a Rels mislynch.

that's pretty wrong actually. That happened, but more often than not late game I'm tunneling a scum. Sometimes he gets lynched sometimes I get lynched. My play gets better the farther we advance in the game .


Hahahahahaha
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 16:45 GMT
#1223
It's not fucking wifom. I am a no risk mafia player that takes the safest route possible and would never not rb a kill with a veteran possible. Especially if it's notified. If you're saying I didn't read the op as mafia that's dumb but I can see you making that argument anyway but even then I still do the same thing.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 18:11 GMT
#1242
On January 27 2018 01:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 01:45 Holyflare wrote:
It's not fucking wifom. I am a no risk mafia player that takes the safest route possible and would never not rb a kill with a veteran possible. Especially if it's notified. If you're saying I didn't read the op as mafia that's dumb but I can see you making that argument anyway but even then I still do the same thing.

If you do not read the op then I wouldn't agree that you'd never rb someone else. Adding to that you might not be the one who sent in the rbs so it just defaults to WIFOM.


I don't think I've ever been in a game where I haven't sent actions myself or had input into it. Certainly if there's a veteran then I would definitely advocate or even command that we rb the target. I don't think I've ever not read the op as mafia either whereas I have countless times as town.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 19:20 GMT
#1259
On January 27 2018 03:17 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 03:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
whoa Rels calm your tits, keep the caps to yourself and don't spam question marks

If that makes you feel better, I was much more angry before, then I edited these posts before posting so that my point is crystal clear. I think the problem is that you ignored the first D3 post of Kmatt, in which:
- he talks about a GF
- he scumread you
So that makes your whole theory fall apart.


Which adds to the whole world theory that kmatt is mafia because he can't even be consistent with his reads through one cycle.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 19:39 GMT
#1264
On January 27 2018 04:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 04:20 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:17 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
whoa Rels calm your tits, keep the caps to yourself and don't spam question marks

If that makes you feel better, I was much more angry before, then I edited these posts before posting so that my point is crystal clear. I think the problem is that you ignored the first D3 post of Kmatt, in which:
- he talks about a GF
- he scumread you
So that makes your whole theory fall apart.


Which adds to the whole world theory that kmatt is mafia because he can't even be consistent with his reads through one cycle.

It is entirely consistent.


Not really. He says that btdt is sketchy but then lists out "potential remaining town" and says mocsta is also sketchy but then says that he'll let him pass because of the cop check. It's just choosing names and seeing what sticks. Why does he not let btdt slide for being rbd AND cop checked?

Now that the cop is dead he didn't revisit any of those reads. In fact he didn't even mention them again because he is jumping on the opportunity to follow sentiment and go for me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:12 GMT
#1269
On January 27 2018 04:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 04:39 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:26 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:20 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:17 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
whoa Rels calm your tits, keep the caps to yourself and don't spam question marks

If that makes you feel better, I was much more angry before, then I edited these posts before posting so that my point is crystal clear. I think the problem is that you ignored the first D3 post of Kmatt, in which:
- he talks about a GF
- he scumread you
So that makes your whole theory fall apart.


Which adds to the whole world theory that kmatt is mafia because he can't even be consistent with his reads through one cycle.

It is entirely consistent.


Not really. He says that btdt is sketchy but then lists out "potential remaining town" and says mocsta is also sketchy but then says that he'll let him pass because of the cop check. It's just choosing names and seeing what sticks. Why does he not let btdt slide for being rbd AND cop checked?

Now that the cop is dead he didn't revisit any of those reads. In fact he didn't even mention them again because he is jumping on the opportunity to follow sentiment and go for me.

'cause he scumread BTDT previously + he had this theory on how he would fakeclaim a roleblock if he was scum. They're not great posts but they're not scummy.


No. He also scum reads mocsta. It's literally in his posts. "Mocsta has posted a lot of empty words and doesn't seem towny but the cop check so he's town". It's totally arbitrary giving of alignments. Either way now that the cop isn't a cop and is dead both of them should be his scum reads totally. If he truly scum read btdt (and mocsta) why isn't he reinvigorated after this?

Instead he jumps on my post where I ask him for reads in the most weird way possible.

On January 26 2018 09:55 Kmatt wrote:
No I just can't buy this.

Show nested quote +
On January 26 2018 09:20 Holyflare wrote:
because if you're not mafia like rels is implying then you'll be next after I die and it would be good to get your reads out in the open you know?


I hate hate hate this post. How on Earth does Town!Holyflare back off now of all times? I don't pretend to have memorized meta, but I just can't accept anything but a full game-ending crusade against me at this point. I'll be the first to admit that my game so far is abysmal. I can't play town for shite to begin with, and this is a particularly foul example. You have every reason to doubt me. And you did! Repeatedly! There was a wall of text a few pages back.

Town!Holyflare has this game served to him on a silver platter. The only thing that happened between then and now is a red flip that you predicted when I defended him to the end. Suddenly Rels calls the banners and now you doubt my scumminess. I could almost see you going full OMGUS and turning on Rels, but you just alluded to him being town too. The only reason someone could reasonably townread me at this point is PoE (which requires a stronger scumread than me, which you didn't have an hour ago) or pure gut.


Read this. Absorb it. How on earth does this game make sense in that way? If he is town why has town Holyflare got this game served up on a silver platter? This is backwards thinking in totality. He has gone:

"Holyflare scum reads me. Lynching me as town would be bad. Oh he's backing off and asking for my reads now. Wtf that's so scummy, he could have won if he just lynched me???"
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:12 GMT
#1270
On January 27 2018 05:03 mderg wrote:
Skimmed through the last 10 pages. Am I correct in thinking that hf's defense icomes down to "If I was mafia, I would do things differently"?



My defense is kmatt is mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:33 GMT
#1272
On January 27 2018 05:18 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 05:12 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:43 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:39 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:26 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 27 2018 04:20 Holyflare wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:17 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 03:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
whoa Rels calm your tits, keep the caps to yourself and don't spam question marks

If that makes you feel better, I was much more angry before, then I edited these posts before posting so that my point is crystal clear. I think the problem is that you ignored the first D3 post of Kmatt, in which:
- he talks about a GF
- he scumread you
So that makes your whole theory fall apart.


Which adds to the whole world theory that kmatt is mafia because he can't even be consistent with his reads through one cycle.

It is entirely consistent.


Not really. He says that btdt is sketchy but then lists out "potential remaining town" and says mocsta is also sketchy but then says that he'll let him pass because of the cop check. It's just choosing names and seeing what sticks. Why does he not let btdt slide for being rbd AND cop checked?

Now that the cop is dead he didn't revisit any of those reads. In fact he didn't even mention them again because he is jumping on the opportunity to follow sentiment and go for me.

'cause he scumread BTDT previously + he had this theory on how he would fakeclaim a roleblock if he was scum. They're not great posts but they're not scummy.


No. He also scum reads mocsta. It's literally in his posts. "Mocsta has posted a lot of empty words and doesn't seem towny but the cop check so he's town". It's totally arbitrary giving of alignments. Either way now that the cop isn't a cop and is dead both of them should be his scum reads totally. If he truly scum read btdt (and mocsta) why isn't he reinvigorated after this?

Instead he jumps on my post where I ask him for reads in the most weird way possible.

On January 26 2018 09:55 Kmatt wrote:
No I just can't buy this.

On January 26 2018 09:20 Holyflare wrote:
because if you're not mafia like rels is implying then you'll be next after I die and it would be good to get your reads out in the open you know?


I hate hate hate this post. How on Earth does Town!Holyflare back off now of all times? I don't pretend to have memorized meta, but I just can't accept anything but a full game-ending crusade against me at this point. I'll be the first to admit that my game so far is abysmal. I can't play town for shite to begin with, and this is a particularly foul example. You have every reason to doubt me. And you did! Repeatedly! There was a wall of text a few pages back.

Town!Holyflare has this game served to him on a silver platter. The only thing that happened between then and now is a red flip that you predicted when I defended him to the end. Suddenly Rels calls the banners and now you doubt my scumminess. I could almost see you going full OMGUS and turning on Rels, but you just alluded to him being town too. The only reason someone could reasonably townread me at this point is PoE (which requires a stronger scumread than me, which you didn't have an hour ago) or pure gut.


Read this. Absorb it. How on earth does this game make sense in that way? If he is town why has town Holyflare got this game served up on a silver platter? This is backwards thinking in totality. He has gone:

"Holyflare scum reads me. Lynching me as town would be bad. Oh he's backing off and asking for my reads now. Wtf that's so scummy, he could have won if he just lynched me???"

I'd argue that scum puts a lot more effort into making sure their reasoning looks consistent than town


That's a really weak argument. I expect someone that struggles to post reads to struggle to post a concrete foundation for why they scum read somebody when they have to fabricate it which is how you come up with the above. He's mafia and is using backwards logic to try and justify it.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:44 GMT
#1275
On January 27 2018 05:42 Kmatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 05:12 Holyflare wrote:
Read this. Absorb it. How on earth does this game make sense in that way? If he is town why has town Holyflare got this game served up on a silver platter? This is backwards thinking in totality. He has gone:


Because Town!Holyflare was winning this game on cruise control. You, on the other hand, took the nonsensical logical twist of:

Damerion is scum and Kmatt is scum as well
>Damerion flips scum
Therefore, Kmatt must not be scum



If you are town how am I winning the town on cruise control?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:44 GMT
#1276
I also never called you not mafia
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 20:49 GMT
#1278
Well now he can explain it
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 21:25 GMT
#1280
What are you talking about? I'm going to get lynched and I will flip town. Then you will absolutely default to being the next lynch so it's better to leave a legacy with no stone left unturned than be wrong and lose the game.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 26 2018 23:07 GMT
#1285
Your reason to town read mocsta/kmatt is really, really quite weak.

Either way you guys shouldn't listen to the above at all. Your mderg town read is also quite bad because things like:

Everything df said (except the townread on Rels imo) kind of makes sense. But I had pretty much no idea what he said before going through his filter. So his play feels a bit off despite making logically sound arguments.


give me such major scummy vibes that it's unreal. Everything df said was fine but he had no idea what he said beforehand therefore he's scummy? That's a fucking ODD read to have.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 163
EnDerr 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15092
Hyuk 555
Soma 182
Stork 172
actioN 164
Rush 164
Bisu 163
EffOrt 96
Mong 84
Shinee 70
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 59
Shine 57
ToSsGirL 56
Killer 51
Bale 43
Hm[arnc] 30
Sharp 30
Noble 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Pusan 19
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
HiyA 10
sorry 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2258
League of Legends
JimRising 411
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1219
shoxiejesuss767
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
gofns28287
summit1g7601
singsing1206
ceh9517
crisheroes150
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
BasetradeTV148
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• StrangeGG 20
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV173
• lizZardDota2151
League of Legends
• Stunt399
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
33m
INu's Battles
1h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 33m
OSC
12h 48m
Replay Cast
13h 33m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.