• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:50
CEST 07:50
KST 14:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7076 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 30

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 184 Next
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 21:06 GMT
#581
On March 18 2017 06:02 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 05:49 Calix wrote:
DF also a possible mafia candidate. Mainly his pg 2 filter since there are a lot of criticisms of players but I'm not sure what his scum-reads are exactly. And a lot of one-liners and random questions which blend in with the rest of the chat.

I actually thought I was a scum-read but DF's latest post just has me as a "possibility"

He's critical of Xatalos, TW, Malongo (his current vote), disformation (does say that he thinks disfo's D1s suck tbh). Also thinks there's some weird shit between Damdred/ Calix...although since he thinks I'm scummy, I don't understand why his first thought wasn't TvW or something.

tl;dr: Possible middle-of-the-road scummer here who throws out suspicious without following it up in any meaningful way.


Nah i still have you in my scum pile, but I believe Malongo is a better lynch than you currently. My use of the word possibility was simply referencing lynch orders.

I'm critical of Xatalos because I felt like he labored on and on about the same hashed up shit from early D1. I don't recall him really driving conversation or inquisiting people after that.

I think disformation often says he doesn't have the best D1 play. I would agree with him this game, but playing poorly has never equaled mafia so no, I never really scum read him. He's in the town side of null category.

I've explained my suspicions rather succinctly in my opinion, and what I think of players in the game. My overall list goes something like this:

Town
Eden
rayn
Koshi
disformation
Xata
DeepBlue
Onegu
Rels
Calix
Damdred
Malongo
Mafia

Something like that


What makes you think Calix/ Damdred is SvS? + Show Spoiler +
If this is what I think it is, I will actually get annoyed.


What about Damdred makes him more scummy than moi, the person you spent more time pressuring in the early days?

The rest of your points are adequately explained.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
March 17 2017 21:07 GMT
#582
On March 18 2017 06:04 Damdred wrote:
I think that tell isn't the best, I'm extremely aware of my meta and try to change and manipulate it as best as I can as scum to try to get better and ice on people.

But let's be honest here, the game is pretty difficult outside a few things.

As for little things adding up on me I don't really think any of it adds up to a decent case at all. Like Rayns main point I've explained 50 times already by the misunderstanding between myself and disformation.

yeah dunno. gut read says you are not scum.
if i had to put it into points i think you are like 4/6 in town favour. so town lean or whatever.
but i feel like i am missing someone and something.

dunno. getting tired.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 21:09 GMT
#583
On March 18 2017 06:05 darthfoley wrote:
And the obvious reason for mafia to list a bunch of town reads while not scumhunting is that they can claim PoE later in the day and defend it by saying the person wasn't in their town circle etc. I think it's actually quite a safe play because it allows some potential for buddying and it gives a pre-determined defense when their PoE flips green.


Are you saying that I have not been scum-hunting or what?

This is also amusing since part of your scum-read is meta-based, yet you say this.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
March 17 2017 21:09 GMT
#584
yeah dunno. like tw is not slam dunk scum. by far. but i would feel way better if he was like trying to figure out the game. xD
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 17 2017 21:10 GMT
#585
Idk i felt like you two treated each other too cordially early on.

I think I have a decent understanding of how you would approach him if it were TvS with you being the scum, and it didn't play out like that.

Tbf you two are right around the same level for me. Not slam dunks but i'm suspicious of you two. Without doing in depth filter diving, my impression is that you've been more active and you've been active in the right places about the right things. I haven't gotten that impression from Damdred.

Maybe i'm being overly paranoid because my last mafia game on here was our scum triad, idk. We'll see as the game progresses
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 17 2017 21:11 GMT
#586
On March 18 2017 06:09 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 06:05 darthfoley wrote:
And the obvious reason for mafia to list a bunch of town reads while not scumhunting is that they can claim PoE later in the day and defend it by saying the person wasn't in their town circle etc. I think it's actually quite a safe play because it allows some potential for buddying and it gives a pre-determined defense when their PoE flips green.


Are you saying that I have not been scum-hunting or what?

This is also amusing since part of your scum-read is meta-based, yet you say this.


No, that point was about Tumblewood's inability to have a scum read 23 hours into the game. Should've clarified
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 21:14 GMT
#587
On March 18 2017 06:10 darthfoley wrote:
Idk i felt like you two treated each other too cordially early on.

I think I have a decent understanding of how you would approach him if it were TvS with you being the scum, and it didn't play out like that.

Tbf you two are right around the same level for me. Not slam dunks but i'm suspicious of you two. Without doing in depth filter diving, my impression is that you've been more active and you've been active in the right places about the right things. I haven't gotten that impression from Damdred.

Maybe i'm being overly paranoid because my last mafia game on here was our scum triad, idk. We'll see as the game progresses


Can you expand on that TvS comment?

And yes, I am an overrated scum player. This is why I can't help but think that people who scum-read me are obtuse fuckers. But maybe I'm just not aware of what I look like to the average person, idk.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 21:18 GMT
#588
Also I am back to thinking you're town again...which is largely based on tone. You were extremely defensive/ shitting-your-pants-mode when pressured as mafia so unless you have drastically upped your game then your more relaxed, w/e tone over the course of the day = town.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 17 2017 21:19 GMT
#589
Idk I don't think this game looks anything like your scum game so far meh.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
March 17 2017 21:23 GMT
#590
oh. just randomly remembered something about mindmelds.
there was a glorious game where town!sicklucker had a mindmeld with scum!rels.
just sayin'
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 17 2017 21:23 GMT
#591
Game state is hard unless mafia isexactly onegu/mal/rels. And I kinda doubt that exactly...

Like I really liked a couple of tw posts based on tone and his sheer attitude/balls on his read of disf v cal was tvt. It could be a easy read as scum but just something felt real about the way he made that read.

Df last page of his filter isn't bad and he's pretty up front and had real reads.

Like I kinda feel like we probably have one of not two mafia in our secure town reads atm.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 21:28 GMT
#592
On March 18 2017 06:23 disformation wrote:
oh. just randomly remembered something about mindmelds.
there was a glorious game where town!sicklucker had a mindmeld with scum!rels.
just sayin'


ROFL

Point taken.

@Damdred, so you mean Blue, Koshi, Xat and then us two, yes? Pretty sure they were my original town base.

Blue's filter is easy to remember off the top of my head. Good posts but doesn't talk a lot unless prompted + only really talked about you.

I'd have to consider rayn/ DF's points about Xat wrt filter-diving him.

No idea on Koshi.

So possible?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 17 2017 21:40 GMT
#593
On March 18 2017 06:14 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 06:10 darthfoley wrote:
Idk i felt like you two treated each other too cordially early on.

I think I have a decent understanding of how you would approach him if it were TvS with you being the scum, and it didn't play out like that.

Tbf you two are right around the same level for me. Not slam dunks but i'm suspicious of you two. Without doing in depth filter diving, my impression is that you've been more active and you've been active in the right places about the right things. I haven't gotten that impression from Damdred.

Maybe i'm being overly paranoid because my last mafia game on here was our scum triad, idk. We'll see as the game progresses


Can you expand on that TvS comment?

And yes, I am an overrated scum player. This is why I can't help but think that people who scum-read me are obtuse fuckers. But maybe I'm just not aware of what I look like to the average person, idk.


Well from what I remember, we tried to put Damdred on the defensive as soon as he came into the game so that he couldn't scum hunt as effectively. This game you threw out an early town read on him and didn't seem as paranoid/suspicious of him as I think you would be if you were town.

I know the circumstances are different considering that game had the whole replacement thing, which is why I don't think it's a huge point against you.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 17 2017 21:54 GMT
#594
On March 18 2017 06:28 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 06:23 disformation wrote:
oh. just randomly remembered something about mindmelds.
there was a glorious game where town!sicklucker had a mindmeld with scum!rels.
just sayin'


ROFL

Point taken.

@Damdred, so you mean Blue, Koshi, Xat and then us two, yes? Pretty sure they were my original town base.

Blue's filter is easy to remember off the top of my head. Good posts but doesn't talk a lot unless prompted + only really talked about you.

I'd have to consider rayn/ DF's points about Xat wrt filter-diving him.

No idea on Koshi.

So possible?


If we go with just that group to look into would have to be just deep and xata. Everyone else I think is pure town

I still think both are town in more confident right now in xata but both of them do have a couple question marks. Like xata has some really well reasoned posts but sort of lacks at points in the scum hunting department and isn't as posty as I remember.

Deep as well had some nice posts but was super focused on one and hasn't done much since. But has the whole first game here going for him. But I don't think his postings were outside scum range for anyone in the game
Like I'm really sure you and koshi are always town here.

Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 17 2017 22:15 GMT
#595
Eden's case isn't actually horrible. It's true that Calix jumped to scumreading disfo a bit quickly/strongly and stuck with it until it no longer had steam. The reason for dropping it wasn't the best either... "at least he's doing something now" after listing various other reasons to scumread him, which weren't really addressed? Or were they somewhere?

I could be biased because Eden praised my townieness so greatly.

I'll be around closer to the deadline, but probably not very much for the next 15-20 hours or so.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 22:20 GMT
#596
On March 18 2017 07:15 Xatalos wrote:
Eden's case isn't actually horrible. It's true that Calix jumped to scumreading disfo a bit quickly/strongly and stuck with it until it no longer had steam. The reason for dropping it wasn't the best either... "at least he's doing something now" after listing various other reasons to scumread him, which weren't really addressed? Or were they somewhere?

I could be biased because Eden praised my townieness so greatly.

I'll be around closer to the deadline, but probably not very much for the next 15-20 hours or so.


Dunno if I did. Was in a hurry to reread the chat when I made that vote and didn't bother explaining it. Still don't tbh.

What does the second line have to do with how much you liked Eden's case?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 17 2017 22:27 GMT
#597
On March 18 2017 06:54 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 06:28 Calix wrote:
On March 18 2017 06:23 disformation wrote:
oh. just randomly remembered something about mindmelds.
there was a glorious game where town!sicklucker had a mindmeld with scum!rels.
just sayin'


ROFL

Point taken.

@Damdred, so you mean Blue, Koshi, Xat and then us two, yes? Pretty sure they were my original town base.

Blue's filter is easy to remember off the top of my head. Good posts but doesn't talk a lot unless prompted + only really talked about you.

I'd have to consider rayn/ DF's points about Xat wrt filter-diving him.

No idea on Koshi.

So possible?


If we go with just that group to look into would have to be just deep and xata. Everyone else I think is pure town

I still think both are town in more confident right now in xata but both of them do have a couple question marks. Like xata has some really well reasoned posts but sort of lacks at points in the scum hunting department and isn't as posty as I remember.

Deep as well had some nice posts but was super focused on one and hasn't done much since. But has the whole first game here going for him. But I don't think his postings were outside scum range for anyone in the game
Like I'm really sure you and koshi are always town here.



'isn't as posty as I remember' - I can't even imagine, lol.

Blue has said that they have played for several years, not sure that this argument applies either way.

I'm not sure how viable pressure on Blue is. It's not like anything he's done is that scummy. 24 hours left so if we try to stack votes and get him to open up, we run the risk of lynching him instead.

Or maybe I'm being too pessimistic about activity. There's always Malongo who only TW seems to be town-reading and who has yet to appear.

But that's no good either. We need some kind of 'back up' train in case Malongo pops in and makes some really townie posts. Our current problem is that there's no real consensus on who that should be yet.

Thoughts?
DeepBlueSea89
Profile Joined March 2017
18 Posts
March 17 2017 22:37 GMT
#598
The speed of this thread is way too fast for me, sorry. I just returned from work and there are several new pages. I don't think I can keep up with this game. I asked to be replaced. I'm just used to a much slower pace. Maybe some other time.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 17 2017 22:46 GMT
#599
Well that's unfortunate
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 17 2017 22:47 GMT
#600
Koshi is fucking drunk. Fuck. I can't take alcohol. 5 beers in 2 hours. Or no. It was 3hours 30 minutes. damn. Oh well. I am going to skim. Page 26 atm.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1988
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 50
Bale 29
Noble 28
ZergMaN 15
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1126
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor748
Other Games
summit1g8324
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft276
Mew2King151
ViBE53
ArmadaUGS33
trigger7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Lourlo1136
• Rush1112
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 10m
OSC
16h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.